Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• need4speedintxneed4speedintx Member Posts: 3
    Can you please provide the comparable US Bank Residuals / Incentives.

thanks again.
  • luvchampagneluvchampagne Member Posts: 2
    I just received the first quotes from a dealer on the residuals and lease rate:

Lease Rebate - $6010

Lease Rate - Quoted 2.0, said they would try to get it to 1.5. This seems high.

Months Miles Residual
    39 12k 42%
    39 15k 40%
    39 10k 44%
    36 10k 46%

It looks like waiting for the 2013 model might be the way to go in that these residuals seem quite low. However, the rebate might not be there.

What do you advise?

Thank you
  • kaozkaoz Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in the following rates/incentives for the 2012 CTS-V Sedan:

What are the rates/incentives for:

24-Month 10k and 12k
    36-Month 10k and 12k
    39-Month 10k and 12k

Can 2000 dealer cash be combined with he ally incentives and conquest?

Thank you!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome Luvchampagne.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 43%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.0% and 41%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are an unattractive 2.8% and 36%.

If you were to lease this vehicle with only 12,000 miles per year its residual values would be 2% higher.

General Motors is currently providing a massive $6,010 cash incentive on 36 to 48 month leases of this car through Ally.

This program is good through July 2nd.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    edited June 2012
    Hey need4speedintx. US Bank's current base lease rate for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS-V Coupe is 0.96%.

I don't believe that US Bank is currently offering 2-year leases on this model.

There is a $3,425 on 3-year leases of this car through US Bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi luvchampagne. I don't believe that the 2013 Cadillac CTS is available at dealers yet. GM certainly is not providing anything in the way of support on it right now. The 2013 model may eventually be cheaper to lease, but probably not for at least a couple of months...July or August at the very earliest.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings kaoz. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 0.95% and 46%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 0.95% and 44%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

The $2,000 dealer cash cannot be used on leases...however there is even better cash incentives on leased vehicles. Specifically, GM is providing a $7,300 cash incentive on 24-month and $6,510 on 36- and 39-month leases of the 2012 CTS-V through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • musclenerdmusclenerd Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    Great forum here! Hi Carman! i just wanted to know if i could do better

I went to the dealer to look at a Cadillac CTS Coupe AWD BASE

This is what they offered

12K Miles $518/month Taxes included. Is that a good deal? Could i do better?

What are the incentives if any if i go through ally,gm, or usbank?
    Hi Carman!

What is June's Lease/Incentive/Rates for

12k Miles CTS Coupe Performance
  • topgun26topgun26 Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2012
    got quoted for a 12' CTS-V sedan fully loaded(recaro seats, suede) 73K sticker with ally bank
    24 month/ 10k- 1250 per month lease with taxes in ny included or
    27- 10k- $1100
    39/10k- $899

good deal? any thoughts? Think I can do better since dealer has 10 cts-v sedans sitting on lot
  • fenderusastratfenderusastrat Member Posts: 1
    I just leased the 2012 Cadillac CTS AWD Base model (sticker price was $40,500) for $265/month for 36 months, $0 money and no trade down through US Bank. Wrote a check for $350 (first months payment and $100 doc fee) and drove away! The Cadillac rebates are ridiculous. I got a total of $9000 in rebates from GM through bonus cash for leasing the CTS and lease conquest money. The car was also further discounted because it had 2000 miles on it since it was used as a demo vehicle at the dealership. The brand new car was never titled and still has the full factory warranty, and the car is extremely clean inside and out - not a mark on it. I ended up getting charged around $27k for a $40k car!! As good as brand new for 30% off sticker!! The buyout at the end of the lease is right around $20k. Be wary of leasing through Ally because they have a built in payment of $2500 if you want to buy the car out at the end of the lease term. US Bank's payment to buy out is only $350. Although buying out a vehicle after a lease is not usually smart, in my case the total cost of the car will only end up being $29,500 should I decide to buy it in three years when the lease is up. The car will only cost me $9,500 over three years if I decide to turn it back in. 2009 Base AWD CTS's coming off of leases currently sell for right around $25k, which is $6k more than the buyout payment will be for my CTS in three years! Payments of $265 on a brand new Cadillac CTS, can't beat that... If someone does, please post it here. I'd love to hear about it. Good luck guys!
    Coming close to a deal...... what do you guys think? personally, I think they could do better

Cadillac CTS Coupe Performance RWD

Options - Sunroof, Wheel Locks, High Polished 18' Wheels

Here are the numbers

MSRP - 46,410
    Selling Price - 43845
    Rate - 1%
    Months - 39
    Residual - 45%
    Tax- 6.25%
    Doc Fee - 161.39
    License Fee - 194
    Total -45921
    Incentives - $5030
    Total - 40891

Monthly Payment $539
    Thanks musclenerd. Do you know what this car's MSRP and selling price are? Also, how long was this lease for? This information would be very helpful in evaluating this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings musclenerd. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Performance with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 46%, respectively.

The cash incentive for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS Coupe through Ally is $5,030. There's an additional $2,000 cash incentive for current Cadillac owners and lessees and $2,000 for current lessees of non-General Motors vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • benneybbenneyb Member Posts: 19
    Hey Car Man, thanks for all your efforts here. Just curious, these incentive figures that are mentioned, are they listed anywhere? Did a quick check here on Edmunds, but no mention.

Thanks in advance.
  • kbill07kbill07 Member Posts: 30
    Carman,

Do you think these incentives from US Bank will continue throughout the year or is this something that someone should act now? I currently have 8 months on my lease and would rather not break it unless these incentives won't be around in 6 months.
    Fenderusastrat,

What made up the $9k in rebates. I see Cadillac is offering $2k for conquest lease and $5k for US Bank. What is the other $2k?
  • benneybbenneyb Member Posts: 19
    Anyone - the incentive amounts that are mentioned here for Ally and the other sources - are these publicly listed/available anywhere? Would like to know what is out there for us.
    What is a good price to negotiate on a based CTS Coupe? Should I be trying to aim for Invoice?
    Hi benneyb. Not that I am aware of, but they definitely exist.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kbill07. While I always have to add the disclaimer that no one knows with 100% accuracy exactly what manufacturers will do with their future incentives, I personally expect General Motors' significant cash incentives on leases of the Cadillac CTS to continue indefinitely. Six months is a long time from now...we will probably be well into the 2013 CTS by then. Again, I personally would be shocked if GM didn't have a substantial level of support on the CTS when your leases is up, but a lot can happen over the course of eight months.

Car_man
    Host
  • iggsoiggso Member Posts: 31
    Leased 2012 CTS Sedan (Manual with no options.) in June for [$255 + tax] month with $200 out of pocket total (including first month).
  • dogfightyyyrdogfightyyyr Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Does anyone know the current lease rate/residual of a 2012 cts AWD base? Also are there any cash incentives from GM on the lease through Ally? 3yr/36k

Thank you
  • bullishtaurusbullishtaurus Member Posts: 28
    Car_man,

It's amazing how you keep up with all the requests, so allow me to add a little more to your plate... :)

What's the MF, Residual and Cash Incentives available for a:
    2012 CTS Coupe RWD Base, 36 months, 12K mi/year.

As far as I'm concerned, I should be able to take advatage of $2,000 on Conquest (my current lease is an Acura) and another $2000 on manufacturer's rebate. What other cash offers am I leaving off the table??

Also, who offering the best incentives, US Bank or Ally? Do I get to pick which lender to go with for my lease, or is that the dealer's call?

Thanks!
  • cellicecellice Member Posts: 53
    edited July 2012
    Greetings,

Can I get some assistance on a 2012 CTS Coupe Base AWD. I received the following from a dealership. Is this a good price?

MSRP: 42590.00
    Selling price: 38865.00
    Rebate: 4550.00
    Term: 24 months, 10,000 miles per year
    Residual: 65%
    Rate: 2.00
    Acq Fee: 795
    Registration/Title/Tags: 284.50
    MD Sales tax: 2343.84
    Doc fee: 199

payment: $483.41/month with only your first payment due at signing

This is through Aly bank. Is there rebates he's missing? I'm trading in a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe (not included in lease right now). I live in MD. Would I get better numbers on a 36 month lease? I am really hoping to get to the 300-350 range. Based on previous peoples deals I should be able to get there no?
  • bullishtaurusbullishtaurus Member Posts: 28
    Cellice,

After using the payment estimator on Ally's website and a trip to a local dealership, I've found out the following information:

Keep in mind that my research is based on the RWD version of the 2012 CTS Coupe Base, not the AWD; however, I believe the numbers are identical.

The GM/Ally rebates are $4,550 (like you were quoted) on a 24 month lease and $2,800 on the 36. You are better off with the 24-month term because it carries a higher cash rebate and residual (65% for 24mo vs 57% for 36mo.) I'm doing the same since the payment is $15-$30 cheaper.

If you are leasing your current Genesis, then you should get another $2,000 through their Conquest promotion (non-GM lessees.)

I was told that GM reduced the cash rebates this month but raised the residuals to compensate for it, which makes sense from looking at June's numbers.

The interest rate I was quoted is 1.9%.
  • vittyvitty Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man,
    Could you provide current lease rates for a variety of years/mileages for the 2012 CTS-V coupe and sedan? Much appreciated!
    Hello dogfightyyyr. Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS Sedan AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 55%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,675 cash incentive that General Motors is providing on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks bullishtaurus. I try :). Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are 1.4% and 63%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $825 cash incentive that is available on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Yes, you should be eligible for the special $2,000 cash incentive for consumers who are currently leasing a non-GM vehicle, but the $2,000 dealer cash is not compatible with the special lease program.

The dealer will likely steer you towards whichever bank is running the best lease program on this car right now, but I doubt that there's much difference between US Bank's and Ally's programs.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cellice. The lease rate that you were quoted appears to be slightly high. I believe that Ally's current base rate on a 24-month lease of a '12 CTS Coupe is only 1.0%. Look into that.

If you are trading in a non-General Motors vehicle in the Baltimore area you should be eligible for a $2,000 cash incentive on top of the $3,725 cash incentive that GM is providing on 24-month leases of this car through Ally.

Given all of these cash incentives, I have a feeling that you should be able to do better than the $3,700 discount that you were quoted on this car as well if you shop around.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly can vitty. Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS-V Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 1.4% and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 24-month lease are 1.0% and 64%.

There is currently a $3,725 cash incentive on 2-year and $825 on 3-year leases of this car. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • cellicecellice Member Posts: 53
    edited July 2012
    Hey, ty for the response CarMan

My goal is to pull the trigger within the next few days so this information is great.The dealership is now giving me the $2000 trade in cash so that is good. A few questions. The $3735 is that in addition to the $4550 that Aly is giving for leasing through them?

Also what is the residuals on a 10K 24M lease. I've spoken with many dealerships and I'm getting from 65% to 68%. That and the rate makes a huge difference.

Finally, How do I convince them that the rate is 1%? I'm also getting a ton of different answers from dealerships. Some are telling me 2% and others 1.4% but none have given me the 1%.

I am purchasing a 2012 CTS Coupe Base AWD. The main dealership I am working with simply told me the incentives are different on the model I'm looking at.
    Hi cellice. There's only one main cash incentive on leases of the 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe right now, $3,735 on some models and $4,550 on others. They cannot be combined.

The residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe with 10,000 miles per year through Ally is currently 67%.

Actually, all of the rates that you were quoted are correct...for different terms. Ally's July base lease rates are 1.0% for 24-months, 1.4% for 36-months and 2.0% for 48-months. These numbers are definitely correct, so you don't have to convince the dealer of anything. They are either giving you these rates and telling the truth or not and likely lying.

Car_man
    Host
  • fxtoolfxtool Member Posts: 20
    Car_man-
    Looking for Ally's August rates for a 24 vs 36 month lease and residuals on a 2012 CTS with 12K miles a year

Thanks in advance!
  • edamonedamon Member Posts: 22
    Car Man,

Are these lease rates the same for the CTS-V? (quite healthy).

thinking the wagon in particular but the 4 door sedan is doable as well.

Thanks.
    Hi fxtool. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.25% and 55%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $4,425 cash incentive for 24-month and $2,675 for 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi edamon. Yes the lease rates and residual values are exactly the same for the 2012 CTS Coupe and CTS-V Coupe.

Car_man
    Host
  • edamonedamon Member Posts: 22
    Car_Man,

thanks for the quick reply. Finally a caddy that is leasable (1.25% = .00052 money factor) and 55% residual isn't great but the ally's case incentves on the 24 and 36 mo lease help that out... (~$4400 and ~$2675 respectively).

Does this apply to the sedan and wagon CTS-V's? now I have a 2 year old... need the car sear and not dealing with the hassle of a coupe (if it even fits). Wagon would be a great sleeper... :)

thanks,
    damon
    Yeah, damon, the CTS' lease program isn't bad. I know the feeling with car seats, I have two right now myself :).

The 36-month lease rate for the CTS-V Sedan is 1.25%. The rate for the '12 CTS-V Wagon is 2.35%.

The cash incentives are $2,675 for the CTS-V Sedan and $2,900 for the Wagon.

Car_man
    Host
  • lihpalihpa Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man

I am looking to lease a 2012 cadillac cts coupe performance package.

Dealer is telling me he is giving me a $3725 rebate & $2000 for conquest lease rebate for total of $5725.00
    msrp $46,520
    invoice $44,698
    Selling price $38,973

lease quote of $393 plus tax for 12,000 miles 24 month lease with Ally.
    Residual is 65%

Dealer says wants to move car and doesnot want me to buy from dealership closer to my home. Is this a good deal or can I get him to lower price below invoice and then apply rebates.
    My current lease is up october 1 but this program expires end of month and not alot of 2012 vehicles to choose from so looking to make a move.

Would really appreciate your advise.
  • dogfightyyyrdogfightyyyr Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much!
  • gersgers Member Posts: 2
    Hope this helps those looking to lease. I just leased my CTS Lux in June. MSRP $41,600. Out of pocket $560. 1st mo. lease $435 + tax. Term 39 months, 12,000 miles year. End of lease purchase $20,500. Bottom line, lease rate a smidge over 1%, end of lease buy 50%. I feel Cadillac very competitive. Good luck, GiGi
  • newctscoupenewctscoupe Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    Carman

I am ready to lease 2012 cts coupe performance model sticker price is 46745 invoice is 44223 If I can purchase at invoice before any lease / cash rebates what would be reasonable lease payment for 39 months/30000 miles with no money down. Can do by end of August or can wait till better deal. Thanks for help

newctscoupe
  • lsr2k12lsr2k12 Member Posts: 16
    Car_man,

Could you provide the 24 month rate, residual and CCR for the following vehicles?

CTS-V sedan and wagon

CTS Premium 3.6 sedan and wagon

Thanks.
    newctscoupe

I am leasing a 2012 cts coupe performance model with msrp $45840, invoice is $44,314 for $44011 less $5725 rebates.
    With inceptions of $1916 which includes first month payments are $409.76 tax included for 24 months/12,000 miles per year. 10,000 miles would be about $20 month less. Total lease payout is $11,340 for 2 years

With 500 down, payment increased to $473 but total payout increased by $500 over life of lease which I dont want to pay.

Dealer worked the numbers all ways and 36 month figures were higher than 24 because of incentives and or residual.

I still have lease on my current car so dealer allowing me to take car on last day of month and start pay at that time. Doing this now because current program ends on September 4 and very few cars left with color and few added options. I even found one without sunroof which I didnt want because I never use it.
  • newctscoupenewctscoupe Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    Thanks lihpa for info

I have been talking to a few dealers and the best lease price is 2 years like you said. The dealer said they can do 2 year lease/10000 miles a year with no money down just first payment of 426.00 I have not seen breakdown of numbers yet. Sticker price is 46745 invoice is 44223

newctscoupe
  • vinspevinspe Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    I leased a new Cadillac CTS 2 months ago in Florida. My understanding is that in FL the taxes are built into the monthly lease payement. But looking at the lease aggreement, There is a line entry for $623.60 for Sales and use tax. So now I am wondering if either the dealer made a mistake, or overcharged me on purpose.

Here are the details:
    Gross Cap Cost=38,769.04
    Rebates=6,698.85
    Cash Down=3,331.15 Used to lower monthly payment
    Residual 20,244.45

So total paid at lease signing was 10,030.00 (7,672.95 of it is cap cost reduction)

Monthly payment is 299.95 plus 21.00 Tax for a total of 320.95 per month x 39 months.

So my question and concern is a line entry in the total paid at lease signing of 623.60 labled Sales/Use tax.

I am unsure why its there if I am paying the tax of 21 dollars monthly.

Is this 623.60 sales tax charge legitimate?

Thanks
    I think the amount you may be referring to is tax you have to pay on the rebate. As the general manager explained to me, you get the rebate from cadillac, ally etc, but you have to pay sales tax on the rebate.

I think this may be the explanation.
  • vinspevinspe Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Hi:
    Thanks for the reply!

Thats the explanation I got too....But at a 7% tax rate, that amount is a tax on about $8,900. Rebates only amounted to $6698. ($4k from GM , and $2698 from my GM card).

The sales tax amt (if really valid) should be $468.86, not $623.60.

This is why I am questioning the tax all together as it does not add up.

I will be going to pay them a visit tomorrow and have them make sense of this discrepency.

I am also thinking why should I be taxed on the whole rebate as I am not buying the car...only leasing it. Should I not be taxed only on the portion I am leasing?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Any money paid upfront is also taxed.. not just rebates, but any capital cost reduction..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.