Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover Lease Questions

Comments

• rover_guyrover_guy Member Posts: 17
    Anytime! - :)
  • drpokdrpok Member Posts: 1
    I just got offered this lease and was wondering if I might be able to do better

2008 Range Rover HSE (FFRR) brand new
    48 months/ 15,000 miles
    $950/ month + TTL

Any thoughts, there seem to be alot of these on the lot

Thanks in advance.

drpok
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi drpok. The best way to evaluate a lease is to look at the selling price that it is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what this Range Rover's MSRP and selling price are and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to give you their opinion on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Drpok,

if you can tell me what your total due at signing is, and what tax rate your county has, I can revers the deal and see how it comes out - BUT based on what you said it sound very very good.

Rover-Guy...
  • dsa421dsa421 Member Posts: 4
    I got offered the following on a 2008 HSE with the luxury interior:

$65,950 (car is new but has storm damage that was repaired).

10k miles, 36 months $1,415 a month with $5k down.

They are using 36% residual with a .00048 money factor. Also throwing in a new set of tires for my RR sport and a few other perks. Thougths on this deal?
  • alexkoperalexkoper Member Posts: 25
    Hello,
    Does anyone know the current residual and buy-rate MF on the RR sport HSE and/or supercharged? I'm considering both, and I know that there is a pretty strong residual and low MF. I'm also curious what you all have been able to negotiate in the way of cap-cost - will any RR dealers go below invoice or close to it?

Thanks so much. I'm in So Cal by the way.
  • blessedcrysblessedcrys Member Posts: 13
    I think you should try a couple more dealers before you give it the ok. What state are you located? I'm in NY state. In November I got a 2008 HSE with no out of pocket money at all, only taxes for DMV and other taxes thats mandatory, and that came up to $1,200. The dealer also paid my last month car not of $753.38. I have a 36 month 10,000 miles and I pay $1,015.00 a month. Hope this helps. ;)
  • competiecompetie Member Posts: 3
    Dear Rover-Guy,

I don't have detailed information as many of the other posts, but it would be great to get your opinion.

The current Sport lease program at $799/mo, $0 security deposit and $1500 due at signing for a 36 month/30k miles is appealing (vs what the lease program was 3 years ago when I look at them).

I'm being offered $835/mo - 36 months with $0 out of pocket for a Luxury Package Sport.

Thanks for your feedback and time.
    Hi Competie,

The lease program on the Range Rover sport is great, I worked up two scenarios for you,
    1) 0 “out of pocket”
    Due at signing = $0
    Payment before tax = $818 + tax
    36 months 12k

2) 0 “Down, 1st month’s payment tax and license due at signing”
    Due at signing = $1370
    Payment before tax = $778 +tax
    36 months 12k

Sooo… based on these numbers I would say you got a good deal but not quite a steal. UNLESS your quote included tax..

If you let me know what city and state you are in a can re-calculate it exactly for you.

Thanks!

Rover-Guy
    Hi Rover-Guy,

Thank you for taking your time to respond. I greatly appreciate it. I'm in Boston.

Yes the quote that I received of $835/mo for 36 months with 12k miles per year included Massachusetts sales tax of 5%. This was for a RR Sport with the Lux package. I would like to get below $800.
    One other quote that I received was for the RR Sport w/Lux Pack is for $799/mo inclusive of taxes (MA 5%), 12k miles with $800 COD. If I want $0 out of pocket, then another option given to me is for $799/mo with 10k miles per year.

Thanks again!
    Hi Alex. Land Rover's current special buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00007 and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Range Rover Sport SC are .00058 and 49%.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • wood930wood930 Member Posts: 5
    I'm number one on list for 2010 RR SC - I'm trying to decide between lease/buy. I'm assuming given the economy, prices won't increase dramatically (assuming $97,000). Any guess what 2010 factor and lease rates might be? Given new electronics leaning towards lease in case there are reliability issues
  • crobar1crobar1 Member Posts: 7
    I am in miami. Just got a quote rr sport with luxury. 3000 down 845 per month plus tax.

Am I still in a position to deal? Would like payment at 800 inclusive and about 2k out of pocket.

Thanks
  • bdemarbdemar Member Posts: 23
    All,

I'm really interested in the lease 2010 RR,HSE I like the deals on the lease of the 2009 but It's missing some key things that I just can't live without coming from my bmw 525(such as push button start and keyless/buttonless entry, as why RR is the like the last luxury brand to adopt these technologies is another conversation). Does anybody know what the 2010 RR HSE leases might look like? The problem is that my BMW lease is over at the beginning July but the 2010 RR isn't coming til like sept or oct. So I have to fill in the gap for the summer, I really wanted to be in RR this summer but oh well. Any advice??

Brent
    Hi wood930. To the best of my knowledge, Land Rover has not officially announced the details of its lease program on the 2010 Range Rover yet. At this point, yt is difficult to say what its program for this truck will be like when it hits dealers.

Car_man
    Host
  • pototimepototime Member Posts: 1
    Rover Guy,

Just negotiated a lease price but havent signed for anything. 2009 RR Sport Lux Package. $850/mo sales tax included, 36mo, 12K miles, dealer will pay last 3 pmts on current lease ($670). $0 down, just taxes & bank fee. We are located in NJ. Thoughts??? any advise / feedback is appreciated!
  • sjl225sjl225 Member Posts: 29
    Car-man
    Can the $5000 dealer cash be applied to leases of 2009 Range Rover Sport's?
    According to Edmunds description of incentives, the dealer cash can now be applied to leases, as well as purchases- as of 6/02 thru 6/30...Is this in deed the case? In other words can the 5k dealer cash be used with Land Rovers captive financing (Chase) on leases?
    Thank you very much
    Steve
  • roverduderoverdude Member Posts: 12
    The $5000 dealer cash cannot be applied to the lease special through Chase. If you wanted to use a different leasing company, you get the $5000.
  • sjl225sjl225 Member Posts: 29
    Thank You
    Hi sjl225. Unfortunately, the $5,000 dealer cash that is currently available on the 2009 Land Rover Range Rover Sport is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • walnutsnakewalnutsnake Member Posts: 13
    Just wondering whether you've heard anything the residual and money factor rates for leasing a 2010 Range Rover and the current rates/incentives on the 2009 Range Rover? Also, what is lowest that I can expect to negotiate for the dealer fee? Lastly, can you recommend a dealer in south Florida? You've posted a lot good and helpful info. in the past.

Thanks!
    Hi walnutsnake. I don't believe that Land Rover has published a lease program for any 2010 models yet, but I do have the 2009 program information for you. You never mentioned a number of key variables, including the trim level of the truck that you want, how long you want to lease it for, or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

If you were to lease a 2009 Land Rover Range Rover HSE through Chase right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00012 and 39%, respectively.

I'm not sure what you mean when yo asked what the lowest "dealer fee" that you can expect to negotiate is. Are you talking about the doc fee? Dealer profit? I need you to be more specific. Unfortunately, I don't know much about specific LR dealers in Florida.

Car_man
    Host
  • epguruepguru Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

Can you give me info on the current applicable rebates for the 09 RR as it applies to a lease. You provided a MF and residual for the RR HSE, can you give me the numbers for a supercharged as well. Can you give me these numbers based on 3 yrs and 10K. Thanks. The MF you gave (.00012) is basically free $ and is pushing me this direction. How can I find out if there are any major changes for 10'? I realize that I am loosing residual on on 09' but at that MF and if I can work a deal with rebates I may be able to swing this
    I'd be happy to help you out, epguru. Land Rover runs its special lease program through Chase. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2009 Range Rover HSE with 10,000 miles per year are .00012 and 42%, respectively.

The 2010 Range Rover is supposedly going to be significantly different than the 2009 model, with new more powerful engines, new headlights, a new grille, new LED taillights, new gauges, new steering wheel, and better nav.

Car_man
    Host
  • irishrover4irishrover4 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

I am looking to lease a '09 RR HSE. the price of the car will be in the hi $60k range when agreed upon. On a three year lease how does $1107 per month look with nothing down?

I figured something closer to $1,000 per/month was more reasonable based on the cheap MF's mentioned here but interested in some of the lease deals you have seen/heard of this close to the roll out of 2010 model.

Thanks.
    I'm looking to lease or buy the 2010 Range Rover HSE.

If I lease, I would do it for 3 years at 10,0000 miles/year. Can you tell me the buy rate money factor and residual?

Also, can you tell me the lowest available bank acquisition fee, lease termination/disposition fee, dealer preparation fee for preparing the car, and the destination charge fee?

Regarding purchasing the 2010 Range Rover HSE, is there a special financing program or can you tell me what financing is available?

Additionally, are there any incentive programs on purchasing or leasing 2010 Range Rover HSE?

Many thanks!!!!
    Hi irishrover4. I personally find that the best way to evaluate leases is to look at the selling prices that they are based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what this truck's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to give you their opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi walnutsnake. Land Rover's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Range Rover HSE with 10,000 miles per year are .00012 and 42%, respectively. I have not seen the lease program for the 2010 Range Rover yet. Is the '10 model that you are interested in actually at the dealership right now?

Land Rover runs its leases through Chase, rather than its own captive finance company. I believe that Chase's current base acquisition fee is $595, but I will have to double check to make sure that is the case on LR models.

Car_man
    Host
    The '10 Range Rover is on the lot at the 3 dealerships in south Florida. I test drove one this past weekend at the dealership in Pompano Beach, FL.

Thanks for any info. you can provide!
  • jbratxjbratx Member Posts: 40
    How did it test drive?
    I liked it. Thought it was smooth and the interior dashboard is pretty cool. I've never driven a Range Rover so I can't compare it to prior year models.
    Can anybody tell me the best available residual and money factor rates for leasing a 2010 Range Rover assuming a 36 month lease at 10K miles/year? Information on the dealer fee, bank acquisition fee and any other fees would also be helpful. I'm also interested in the best available purchase financing. Listed below is what I've found from 2 dealers. Any help is greatly appreciated!! I'd love to get the car next week.

Following are the rates I've received from 2 dealers on the 2010 Range Rover for a 36 month lease at 10K miles/year:
    - Money factor: .00294 and .00307
    - Residual: 44% (same at both dealers)
    - Dealer fee: $389 and $550
    - Document fee: $0 and $200
    - Bank Acquisition fee: $695 and $795

Regarding purchase of the 2010 Range Rover, one dealer said the interest rate is a bit over 6% and the other told me the following:

-2.9% for 36 months
    -3.9% for 48 months
    -4.9% for 60 months

Thanks for any help! :)
  • roverlaroverla Member Posts: 1
    With dealers discounting $14 or 15k off the MSRP, at 5.7% interest or lower, I can buy for the same price I can lease a car with a sales price of around 63,5k.
    Three years from now, will it make any difference if I turn the car in?

I drive about 15,000 miles a year, and the residual to lease is about 39 or 40%.
    Money factor 00333 or less. This is in Los Angeles

THX
    Hi walnutsnake. Chase's (Land Rover runs all of its special lease offers through them now) current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2010 Range Rover HSE with 10,000 miles per year are .00267 and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    I've contacted several dealers over the past week and .00267 is definitely the buy rate money factor. Regarding the residual on leasing a '10 Range Rover HSE for 3 years at 10K miles/year, I've been told by a couple dealers that it's 45%, and 44% if you HSE has the luxury package. Are you sure the residual is 46%? Can a dealer change the residual? Also, do you happen to know the amount of the base bank acquisition fee?

Thanks for your help! Hoping to lease the car this weekend.
  • shell4384shell4384 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man Can I herd you are the person to help!

We are looking to purchase or lease a 10 HSE Rover here in New England. They are telling me that all they will give is $2K off of sticker? Is that normal? We have always purchased Escalades and they have always given us Invoice? So I am not sure how the Rovers work? I have seen the posts on the Residuals and Money factors for the '10's. But what about interest rates on the purchases? And what do you think is reasonable off MSRP. Our MSRP is about $84K since we added the Luxury package, Backup camera, and Sat radio. All standard on the Cadi> Please let me know what you think since we are trying to sign a deal next week.
    New England is tough for Rovers it appears!!
    Thanks to all!!
    I've had a dealers offer me $4K and more but they didn't have the car I wanted and I don't want to wait and special order my car. I've also run into dealers that absolutely swear that $500 is the maximum discount they can offer. Also, the dealers in my area are offering free scheduled maintenance and other free services to attract one's business. What's the dealer fee and bank acquisition fee in your area?
    I leased a Range Rover HSE luxury and the residual was 44% and the money factor was .00232 (unless I miscalculated). Got $2K off MSRP. Dealer fee was about $600 and bank lease acquisition fee was $795.
    I'll try, shell4384. If I was in the market for a 2010 Range Rover HSE right now, I personally would want more than $2,000 off of sticker on one. This truck usually has a spread of around $7,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. I personally would shoot for at least five grand off, but that might be a little aggressive. Having said that, I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for this truck in your area right now.

Land Rover is running a special program on purchases of this truck. If you want, you can finance the Range Rover that you're interested in at 2.9% for up to 3 years, 3.9% for 4 years, or 4.9% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • mwnmwn Member Posts: 1
    Hey all -- my first post.
    I am looking at getting a 2009 RR Supercharged. I have been negotiating with two dealers, and one of them came back with a price of 75,550 for a 2009, 133 miles. It is a title-less car, with the miles coming only from test drives. The other dealer said if I can get this price, i should go with it. Never heard that from a competing dealer. Can anyone tell me if this price is really too good to pass up. Additionally, how is the reliability of the RR? I currently own a 2003 Disco, and has been a great car, but has in the past 8 months been requiring too much repair work....even though it runs great. Any insight would be helpful.

Matt
  • jmarcumjmarcum Member Posts: 3
    Back in 2007 I leased a $73,000 Sport Supercharged with Stormer wheels for 30 months at 10,500 miles year. I negotiated $3,000 off at the time. My only money down was $300 registration fee. My lease payment was $1209. It had all the options except for the DVD player.

CARMAN - I am told that Land Rover is offering a $3500 incentive ending December 2009 specifically for the Range Rover Sport HSE or Supercharged. They offer only 36 months vs the 30 I had originally. Based on what you know, if I go in again with no money down, save for registration fees, and 10,500 miles year over 36 months, based on the latest rates and the $3500 rebate, what should my monthly rate be? Better than the $1209?

BTW, for those who want to know, our RR will have 23k miles by December when I will return it. It never had any problems although my wife drives it real easy - urban driving only.
    Hi jmarcum. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the truck that you are interested in for you using Land Rover's official lease program.

However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price...or at least the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact truck that you want. That information is available right here in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let me know what these numbers are and I'll run a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • ortho1ortho1 Member Posts: 4
    What about the sport, current money factor and residual for 2010?
  • paragon3paragon3 Member Posts: 1
    Was looking into leasing a RR SC 2010 in New York. Does anybody know Chases current money factor and residuals for a 36 month lease. Would like to order out of my area since all dealers in my area are owned by same company and all refuse to discount car. Is that normal ???
    Hello ortho1. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Range Rover Sport HSE with 10,000 miles per year are .00307 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi paragon3. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Range Rover SC with 15,000 miles per year are .00184 and 41%, respectively.

If you are in upstate New York and all of the Land Rover dealers in your area are owned by the same company, it might hurt your ability to negotiate some. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if two dealerships that had the same owner were in competition for business somewhat. Try comparison shopping between the two and see what happens. If you are closer to NYC, there should be a ton of competition out there if you're willing to drive a little.

Car_man
    Host
  • dchamp72dchamp72 Member Posts: 25
    Car Man,
    Received the following offer on a 2010 RRS HSE. Sticker is $61,245. Offering $1,500 off for price of $59,745. 12k miles/year. $4,000 due at signing for a payment of $939/month. Any thoughts on whether or not I can do better?
  • broham1broham1 Member Posts: 8
    Car Man: I see Range Rover is offering 16k rebates and 8k marketing support in the Range Rover HSE. Can the rebate and marketing support be combined?
    Hi dchamp72. This truck has huge a dealer margin, more than $5,000. I personally would want a larger dealer discount than $1,500 if I was in the market for one.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.