Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover Lease Questions

Comments

• cjfdcjfd Member Posts: 9
    Hi Kilikay - I too called some dealerships here in Chicago and the reason they gave me for the low residual on the '07s is because they're going off of '06 residuals and expect the residuals to go higher by beginning of December when more inventory comes in and Land Rover Financial sets their residual values. They quoted me residuals set by US Bank at 46% on a 36 month lease and 41% on a 42 month lease.
  • snapcracklepopsnapcracklepop Member Posts: 111
    I know that this is off topic but if you happen to own a small business you could save a lot of money getting a Range Rover!
    http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles/Range_Rover/Small_Business_Owners.htm-
  • parnelli66parnelli66 Member Posts: 4
    carollod: If you have bad credit, why are you looking to
    1) Lease 2)an expensive vehicles, and 3) pay a bunch of cash up front? You should use that cash to fix your credit or buy an inexpensive vehicle outright and actually own an asset...
  • ttilsonttilson Member Posts: 1
    I am in the process of trying to get the best lease rate on either a 2006 or 2007 Range Rover HSE. I will be turning my current lease in mid-February. I live in South Florida and met with one dealership, but would like to keep my payment as low as possible. Just wondering if there will be deals after the New Year. Appreciate any input...thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Happy New Year, ttilson. Land Rover's December lease program for the Range Rover HSE is scheduled to run through January 8th. It is difficult to say what its new January program will be like at this point. I would be happy to give you an idea of what it is like once it is officially announced. Post a quick reminder for me in this discussion a day or two after the 8th and I'll tell you what I have been able to find out about the new program. Talk to you then.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • cjfdcjfd Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man - I've been following this post and am in a similar situation as ttilson. I can't decide between an '06 HSE with all the incentives or use my X-plan pricing on an '07. Trying to keep my payments low and trying to get the most out of my $$$. Do you have any incentive/program info for leasing an '06 or '07 ?

One dealer I've been talking too is willing to give an '06 at $1k over invoice (according to edmunds invoice is at $73911 - w/luxury pkg and sirius). Is that a good deal? I also have a $2k off coupon I can use on an '06.

Thanks for your help
    Hi cjfd. These trucks' lease programs vary depending upon how long you lease them for and their mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Range Rover HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00148 and 44%, respectively. Land Rover is providing $3,000 lease cash on this model right now that will help you negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease. If the $1,000 over dealer invoice deal that one dealer offered you on the leftover '06 model is after the deduction of the $3,000 lease cash, it is really equivalent to $4,000 over invoice and it is not a very good deal. If you can subtract the $3,000 lease cash from that price to bring you to around $2,000 under invoice it isn't bad.

LRCG's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 Range Rover HSE are .00233 and 50%. There is no lease cash available on the 2007 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • eshin53eshin53 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,

I've reading up on this thread and it seems pretty obvious that you are the Car Man. I am in the market for an 07 RR HSE and have just begun to reasearch lease plans. According to the numbers mentioned above, on a $77,250 MSRP w/ a $3,000 lease cash (not sure if this is still being offered) brings the cap cost to $74,250 which equates to a montly lease payment of $1,397 and change (using LA sales tax of 8.25%). Is this right? Do you think I can get a lower money factor since my credit score is above 750? What is the lowest possible lease payment with no money down in So. California? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Thanks eshin53 :shades: . Land Rover is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of 2007 Range Rovers, but it does have $3,000 lease cash on the 2006 model. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around and negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the truck that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with subtract any available cash incentives from that.

Let's take a look at this truck's current lease program. Your credit is in good shape, so I will provide you with info on Land Rover's best money factors. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00148 and 44%, respectively. I would be happy to estimate what this truck's lease payment should be for you if you tell me what sort of price you believe you will be able to negotiate. You may be able to get an idea of what sort of price you will be able to negotiate by visiting the following discussion: "Land Rover Range Rover/Sport: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • roverguy76roverguy76 Member Posts: 13
    Hello Roving Rovers

I am in the market to lease a 2007 Range Rover HSE. I would prefer 3 years, but 2 years works. Looking for about 12000 miles/year.

Now that we are in late March, are there any incentives for the 2007 Range Rover? Land Rover keeps sending me a 2000 coupon for 2006 Range Rover. No one has the 06 in stock anymore.

I will be trading my 2005 LR3 HSE (financed). So, I think things will get a bit hairy. I owe 20K, it is valued at 30K.

Ideas?

Oliver
  • jackson472jackson472 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease a 2007 Range Rover SC. Does anyone know the current money factor and residuals offered by Land Rover Capital Finance for 24 and 36 month terms?
    Hi Oliver. Land Rover usually introduces new incentives programs on a quarterly basis. It launched new incentives in April, but unfortunately it is still not any cash incentives on the 2007 Range Rover. It does have a special lease program on this truck though. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Range Rover HSE with 12,000 miles per year are .00182 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jackson472. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Range Rover SC with 15,000 miles per year are .00181 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00238 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • lpjlpj Member Posts: 1
    Hi: I am obviously new to this website (and an amateur at car purchasing in this caliber)but have found a 2006 RR HSE with 88 miles on it that I am very interested in. I, like everyone else on this site, am interested in getting the best deal and will consider lease or purchase depending on best option. My question is: where do I begin? I saw it on Autotrader listed by a local NC dealer but the list price is $81,150 and they do not provide the package options. I am trying to do my homework before I even contact the dealer. I also sent an email to LandRover and LandRover Capital requesting one of those $2,000 coupons that everyone else here seems to know about and have. I read the thread about the "sweet spot" and would prefer the lowest lease payment so if you could advise on these lease terms, that would be great. I also know that you negotiate the selling price, money factor or interest rate, and residual (value after lease) in a lease correct? I know this is an elementary thread but I never found one starting out at this level of inexperience. Thanks so much for your advice on this!!! I have so many butterflies about this transaction. :blush:
  • lr3maybelr3maybe Member Posts: 134
    I have a certificate that will save you $2000 or $1500 I will sell. Make your email address public and reply and I will email to you. I can send you a scan of the certificate and the cover letter if you would like to see it.

There is a place on the certificate where I can sign and transfer it to a friend.

Exact wording on the certificate is as follows:

Save $2000 on a new 2007 Range Rover HSE*
    Save $1500 on a new 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE**
    Save $1500 on a new 2007 LR3 V8 HSE, SE, or V6 SE

*Offer valid on purchase or lease of a new, previously untitled 2007 Range Rover HSE (excludes Supercharged model) from 4/16/07 to 6/30/07. **Offer valid on purchase or lease of a new, previously untitled 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE (excludes Supercharged model) from 4/16/07 to 6/30/07. Offer valid on purchase or lease of a new, previously untitled 2007 LR3 V8 HSE, SE or V6 SE from 4/16/07 to 6/30/07. Present this certificate to Retailer and take delivery from Retailer stock by 6/30/07. These offers may not be combined with any other private purchase offer. Limit one redemption per household. These offers exclude demonstration vehicles and service loaners. For current lease customers, these offers may not be combined with the Early Lease Termination offer. See Retailer for complete details.
  • tripletsjacktripletsjack Member Posts: 1
    Hello Ir3maybe

I would like to purchase the LR coupon from you. I could use it please contact me sao we may negotiate a deal. I can use Paypal.

yadelivery@yahoo.com

Jack
  • baxterdownbaxterdown Member Posts: 36
    Hi everyone,

I am considering to buy and '05 or '06 RR HSE. I have access to auction pricing (+1k to my dealer buddy for the favor). Buying the '06 will put me around $900 X month for 72 months (no money down). So, I have started considering leasing an '07 instead. I don't keep cars more than three years so I'm shopping payment.

Can anyone please provide me with what I can expect on an '07 lease. I am looking at a "base" (how funny does that sound! ;) ) HSE. MSRP $77250. I am open to 24/36 months and 12k/15k miles x year.

Thanks again for your help!

Jose
  • rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60
    I qualify for x-plan pricing. I can't use any other coupons or discounts, and I live in NY. Does this sound like a good deal?

2007 HSE - no options
    3year/36,000 miles - $1230/month ($2185 down)

or

2year/24,000 miles - $1252/month ($2076 down)
  • jackson472jackson472 Member Posts: 2
    I'm not sure if this helps or not but I just leased a RR Supercharged 24 months/24000 miles and I pay 1456 per month (no money down, only the $1456 plus maybe a few hundred more in fees, less than 2000 total). That was on the Z-plan with a cost of around $89,000. I live in Ohio
  • eddieseddies Member Posts: 1
    im looking into taking over someones RR sport-does anyone know if land rover capital makes you pay for the taxes of the remaining months of the lease?
    thanks
    Hi Jose. This truck's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. I personally am not all that familiar with what the market is like for the Range Rover right now, for now let's assume that you will be able to negotiate a 2,000 discount. If your truck's selling price is lower, its monthly payment will drop and vice versa. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE that has an MSRP of $77,250 and a selling price of $75,250 through Land Rover Capital Group right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $1,245. This would drop to around $1,205 with 12,000 miles per year. This truck's zero down, pre-tax 24 month payment would be around $1,327 with 15,000 miles per year and $1,265 with 12,000.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rr4mywife. I'd be happy to comment on this truck's MSRP and selling price if you tell me what they are, but the fact that you are able to get your new Range Rover through the X-Plan almost guarantees that you are getting a great deal on it. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Land Rover Capital Group's buy rate lease money factor and residual value of .00182 and 51% for the 36 month, 12k lease or .00101 and 62% for the 24 month, 12k lease to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • baxterdownbaxterdown Member Posts: 36
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for the info on the Range Rover. I really appreciate it!

Jose
  • sb07sb07 Member Posts: 6
    Can you advise on a RR Sport Lease
    24-30 Months
    15,000 Miles
    Residual, payments, Factor
    Thanks
    Thank you Car_Man. Appreciate the insight!
  • roverlover3roverlover3 Member Posts: 12
    i am currently getting one at 1199 on 24 months with under 2k upfront, also in ny. a guy i buy all my cars from is getting me this great deal. if you want his number let me know.

also i would love a coupon, how do i get 1??
    That sounds like a better deal than the X plan. I was waiting till July 11 to call the dealer back because that is when Land Rover will adjust the rates. My target pickup dates is the end of July.

If you can provide the name of your guy at the dealer, than would be great.

My wife went to the Land Rover website in February to order a brochure and within a couple of week, we received a $2000 coupon for an 2006 RR HSE. The experation date was April 2, after which Land Rover increased the rates for 2007 models.

Thanks very much.
  • samphoebe1samphoebe1 Member Posts: 13
    I have same coupon expiring 8/31/07.
  • roverlover3roverlover3 Member Posts: 12
    ILL TAKE IT, LETS WORK OUT A DEAL
    Can we work out a deal to get the coupon?
  • samphoebe1samphoebe1 Member Posts: 13
    e-mail me at rucybelle@yahoo.com. Thanks.
    My number is 917-882-7931. I'm still very interested in the coupon. Thanks in advance.
  • dave2007dave2007 Member Posts: 2
    I have been offered a new 2007 RR HSE (list $77,250) at 70,000.00 (purchase or lease) by a local dealer. What would be the current terms for a lease on this through land rover? I would be interested in 24 and 36 month terms with 15k per year in miles and as little as possible in upfront cash.

Would it make sense to wait for the 2008 in the next 30 days?
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    If you are going to lease get the 2007. The money factor is insanely low for Land Rover at .00006 or something like that I think.
    Where is your dealer? $70K is a great deal!
  • mcho3mcho3 Member Posts: 37
    did you get this car for 70k? what was your lease term.... mike
    You're very welcome, Jose. If you end up getting the Ranger Rover that you are interested in, make sure to stop by the new Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site to share your thoughts on the experience.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Greetings sb07. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 66%, respectively. I have not seen this truck's 30 month lease program, but its 36 month numbers are .00290 and 53%. Your lease payment will vary depending upon what the MSRP and selling price the exact model that you want are. If you provide me with these numbers I will gladly work up a sample payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, rr4mywife. When you finalize your deal, make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on the dealer that you worked with with other consumers.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, rr4mywife. When you finalize your deal, make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on the dealer that you worked with with other consumers.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings dave2007. Land Rover's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2007 Range Rover HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00006 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00111 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpt5jpt5 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,
    I just received a quote for a range rover sport supercharged. The dealer says the terms are as follows and I just wanted to double check them with somebody. The car has every option except for the rear entertainment package.

$65,502 Gross Cap Cost
    52% Residual
    .0024 Money factor
    36 month term with 15k miles
    Includes car mats
    $1051.48 monthly plus tax of $89.88
    $1671.10 drive off (first month and whatever other garbage they put in)

What do you think?
  • canowpscanowps Member Posts: 16
    Hi Car_Man,

Do these numbers still apply for August. I can't believe the money factor is that low and the residual is that high for a 2007 Range Rover. I was ready to start making a deal on a 2008 GL450 but my heart has always been with Range Rovers.
    That special lease on the Range Rover should last till at least the end of the month.
  • dave2007dave2007 Member Posts: 2
    There was a $5,000 manufacturer to dealer incentive on the RR HSE in July (not sure if it is still available) and I went ahead and bought my 07 RR HSE. Paid $69,250 plus tax and tags. I did not lease after all. So far we are very happy with the vehicle.
  • canowpscanowps Member Posts: 16
    thank you!
  • big_al1big_al1 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man - I am leasing a '07 RR HSE. I've negotiated a good sale price, and that includes taking advantage of the $5,000 marketing dollars from LR in the price. I'm told that the "low" lease rates you shared above are not available if I use the $5k off the price. Do you know what Lard Rover's standard rates are for 15K miles per year, 36 month lease that I may use with the price reduction?
    You are better off taking the special lease rates over the 5,000 dollars.
  • liquidtraderliquidtrader Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody have a coupon code for the 2k off for leasing the Range Rover HSE? I desperatly need it.

Thanks
    liquidtrader

YOu can email me: feoderbull@yahoo.com
  • peteropnypeteropny Member Posts: 15
    I have one coupon available. Send offers to peteropny@aol.com.
This discussion has been closed.