Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus GS 350 / GS 460 Lease Questions

Comments

• whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    Can anyone give me the key numbers (residual, MF) for leases in Texas on a GS350.
    10k miles and 36 months is my basic idea. But I'd be happy to go 33 or 42 or 48 if there is a "sweet spot" somewhere in the numbers. Thanks all!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    59% and .0080 MF..

No idea if Texas has a special program, though...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

.008? That is 20% interest . . . I am very surprised!
    One little zero can kill it, huh?

.00080, naturally....

Sorry...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• carfan310carfan310 Member Posts: 17
    Hi Art, I live in So Cal and Tustin Lexus isn't too far away. Was wondering if you can give the first name of the salesman you dealt with so I can hopefully get a similar deal.

Really want to get a GS F Sport as well.

Thanks again.
  • gadawg77gadawg77 Member Posts: 14
    Hi everyone,

I had some serious lifestyle changes and now I need to get out of my 4.5 month old GS 350 F Sport lease and into either a Toyota truck or SUV. I have never done anything like this before (basically never been this stupid) as I just did not anticipate my current situation. Outside of the lease trading websites, any advice or information? I am in Atlanta if it matters. I have top tier credit and for the area, got a pretty solid deal for 15K miles/year for 36 months. I know I will have to lose some money but any thoughts on how to soften the blow?
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    edited September 2013
    Swapalease or leasetrader are less expensive ways out of a lease. Trading the car will cost you a lot. Expect to offer a sizable incentive if you lease is not exceptionally cheap.
  • aldostradaaldostrada Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal?

MSRP : 59,443
    Invoice : 56,045 (alleged)
    Sale Price : 54,045 less lease incentive (2500$)

27 months 12k yr 567/month
    2106 due at signing

66% residual
    .00080 MF
    In Buying & Sel
  • usualusual Member Posts: 2
    What are your monthly's, how many miles. What color is the Car inside and Out? I may be interested in taking over.
    670 for 15k/year. 37xx miles now. White with flaxon interior.
  • notoriousakgnotoriousakg Member Posts: 6
    Just closed on my Nebula Gray with Black Interior F-Sport AWD. Here are the numbers I got in IL (one of the states that charges sales tax on the entire price of the car, not just the depreciation value).

MSRP: $59,9XX
    Term: 36 months
    Miles: 12k/year
    MF: .0008
    Residual: 58%
    Absolutely nothing down, even all doc fees rolled in, literally just walked away with the keys.
    $669/month

I think I did alright, but any thoughts?
  • gotscammedgotscammed Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    Reading all the posts on the website makes me really sad, this is the deal I got, wish I read through all the posts before signing the deal 3 days ago:

GS 350 RWD with navigation:
    0 down, no first month payment
    36 month/12k a year
    san diego, california

662/month including tax.

Its not even an F sport.

I wish there was something I could do.

Here are the numbers, can someone tell me where it went wrong?

Gross Capitalized Cost 51270
    Capitiazed cost reduction 1119.60
    = adjusted capitalized cost 50151
    residual value = 31017.24

depreciation amount = 19134
    rent charge 2922
    total base payment = 22056

this comes out to be 612 + 49 tax = 661.

On the other form:
    sale price is 51270.92
    trade allowance 39000 (my audi a6)
    trade pay off is only 38833 (so i even have money left over to pay toward new car)
    total rebate 3000
    total tax 3338
    ttf amount 3338 ???

total downpayment 1119.60
    residual amount 31017
    upfront charges 1385
    dated paymeny 661
    Good deal...Georgia also makes you pay the tax up front which kinda sucks.
  • cpeacoxcpeacox Member Posts: 3
    which dealer in SD? I went to Carlsbad Lexus and got the GS-350 fully loaded with an MSRP of $59,9?? Luxury package, navi, mark levinson, etc

27 months
    $2,000 down
    $539/month including tax

Even if I didn't put anything down and added it to my monthly, I would be looking at somewhere around $613/mo. This is when they had the $499 lease special on the base model with $1,500 down, so this may have gone away now?

What was the MSRP on the car?
    Lexus of San Diego, down in Kearny Mesa.

MSRP is around 55k I think.

I had a 3000 rebate applied......

Is there anything I can do now that the lease is already signed.. 9/14/13
    The part I dont understand is that based on the sale price 51270, minus 3000 rebate, which covers all fees, I still had 1119 to be applied toward the sale price which bring the vehicle down to 50151.32.

how come its still so pricy?
  • dp_crvdp_crv Member Posts: 23
    I am planning to buy (not lease) GS350 2013, 2wd and want to know the prices paid or agreed by dealer to sell.

If you have leased then I would like to know how to calculate the sale price (before TTL) using the MF and residual value.

Any information would help me to find out how much I shd offer to the dealer.
  • pg78pg78 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man, Can we get the september numbers for a 36m/10k lease in CA?

Also, what are the current lease incentives? I am getting different numbers from different sources, a dealer told me they have a $2500 rebate, while I read in another forum they have a $3000 rebate for september.

Thanks!
    .00080 and 59% for GS350 RWD...

I show $3000 of lease cash...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• usualusual Member Posts: 2
    Lexus Escondido
    13 LEXUS GS350 4DR SDN Odometer: 000004
    Color: NEBULA
    Trim: RED Model#: 9300
    List: 58708.00

RWD GS350-F Sport, navigation, Mark Levinson Stereo, Park Assist, Blind Spot monitor, Illuminated Door Sills, trunk mat, cargo mat, Wheel Locks, and rear bumper Applique, MSRP $58,708.00.

36 Mo. Lease, 12K / year
    $556.16 per month, tax included 8% tax rate
    Residual is 58%.
    $1,500.00 drive off
    Does anyone know the lease acquisition fee? gs350. Texas?
    I'm told that lease cash on the GS350 is 2500. Is this right -- or is it really 3000?
    Also dealer told me that buy rate is .0016 (obviously 2% APR more than the .0008 than the forum quotes). Again -- any chance this is the dealer is confused on this?

Very much appreciate any help!
  • art112art112 Member Posts: 30
    The dealers make money by quoting you the higher Money Factor. Obviously there is a relationship to the credit score. I was told at the dealership that if the credit score is above 730, the rate would be tier 1. I believe the $2,500.00 is the actual cash incentive, and the first month's payment which is roughly about $3,000.00.
  • art112art112 Member Posts: 30
    I am sorry for late response. you can ask for Rex
  • amcfreeamcfree Member Posts: 7
    Hi kyfdx,

Thanks for the information you have posted on this forum.

Could you please let me know what the MF and residual % for a GS350 F-Sport is in California, assuming a lease of 27months/10K miles per year?

Thanks!
    I'm showing .00080 MF and 67% residual..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx! Those numbers really helped me with the dealer I spoke to. I have one question about MSD's I was hoping you could help with.

Today at the dealer, we agreed on the selling price, money factor (.0008) and residual (67%) and I was happy with the numbers he gave me. Then once I mentioned adding MSD's to the contract, he calculated an incorrect MF on the contract (only reduced the MF by .0003 total after 8 MSD's, so at .0005).

Once I pointed out his incorrect numbers, these were his exact words: "Please leave, I no longer want your business". My question is, should I wait to speak with the Finance manager to bring up MSD's? Was I wrong to ask for MSD's after negotiating down the selling price and MF?
    Well... I'm not sure if I would go back, after they tell you they no longer want your business? Did you get up and leave at that point?

I don't see where you did anything wrong.. I'm not that familiar with Lexus' MSD program. It's possible that .0005 is the lowest MF they will go to.. but, if that's the case, then it shouldn't take eight MSDs to get there..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• petermanpeterman Member Posts: 11
    That is a very strange turn of events. What dealership did this occur at?
    edited September 2013
    That's exactly what I did. I was speechless when he said that to me, I walked right out without saying anything.

I agree, it's possible that the .0005 is the lowest Lexus will go (I will soon confirm with Lexus finance) and you're correct in that it shouldn't take 8 MSD's (8 doesn't even divide into .0003 evenly).

I plan on working with other dealers in my area now, I'm lucky to have 4 more in driving distance.
  • jlvnjlvn Member Posts: 4
    I had just signed a lease on a GS the other day and used the MSD's. I used the max allowed and it reduced the MF to 0.00008 or 0.19%... Hope that helps....
    Hi jlvn,

Thanks for the information! Very helpful. Did you ask for MSD's from the sales guy or once you got into the leasing/financial paperwork?
    Since I run my own lease numbers, the only thing I asked when we started talking dollars was the max numbers of MSD's allowed by Lexus and what each MSD reduced the MF by. The salesman was great and even commended me for knowing so much on leasing. Even the finance person was great. It was an overall pleasure of a transaction. I would report that dealership to Lexus Corporate. That type of response is unacceptable.
  • gb350gb350 Member Posts: 22
    I went in yesterday and was told that the first payment offer was no longer valid. Can someone confirm this?

Some of the deals here are great, but I'm have trouble getting a similar deal.
    Yes, that is correct. Last month Lexus had $2500 incentive and first payment on them. This month its just $3000 incentive with no first payment.
  • gb350gb350 Member Posts: 22
    Do I have to pay tax on the $3000, lease bonus cash?

I'm surprised edmunds hasn't revised the value on the Incentives page.
    That would depend on your states tax laws. I had to pay the tax on the 3k incentive which is used as the cap cost reduction. Kind of ridiculous that Lexus provides the incentive and the consumer has to pay the tax of this....
  • petermanpeterman Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2013
    In Edmunds' defense, I believe the prior Lexus incentive program actually ran through September 3rd, thus bringing us into the beginning of the current month. I wouldn't expect Edmunds to update incentives for every single manufacturer on a daily basis (perhaps this update occurs only on the first day of each month, but I'm just speculating). Regardless, the moderator and several posters in this forum have been quick to help out with the most current info, which has proven extremely valuable.
    I have been offered $47520 + TTL as lowest sales price for GS350 RWD (will premium pkg, navigation, plus other optional accessories) with a MSRP of $53402. I am based in DFW Texas.

Is this a good price to buy (NOT Lease).
  • greggf316greggf316 Member Posts: 2
    F sport - loaded - $58.5k msrp - $3k down (included all fees, taxes and 1st months payment), 24 month/12k mileage per year: $504 per month (tax included)
    JM Lexus, easiest transaction ever
  • bryan_kbryan_k Member Posts: 37
    edited October 2013
    Finished a deal last night on a GS350 AWD w/Premium, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Intuitive Parking Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring System.

33 month lease w/12k year

MSRP $56,262
    Invoice $53,037
    Negotiated Price $51,500
    Lease Incentive $2,500
    Capitalized Cost $49,000
    No Capitalized Cost Reduction
    Drive off $1,624.50
    Base MF .0008
    Updated MF w/MSD .00008
    9 x MSD @ $525 each = $4,725

Monthly Payment including 7% tax: $496
  • paulikpaulik Member Posts: 2
    2013 GS350 F-Sport AWD
    MSRP: 59382
    Lease terms: 27 months with 10k miles/yr

Dealer offered me $579/month including 9% PA taxes.
    Drive off 1670 (first payment, DMV fees, bank fee).

Please help me to evaluate if this is a good deal?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056
    We will need the following information:

Negotiated sales price
    Money factor
    Residual amount (or percentage)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited October 2013
    Finally I bought 2013 GS350 RWD with Premium Package in DFW, Texas thru Park Place Grapevine Lexus.

MSRP: $53387

Price paid after TTL: $49400

Before TTL the sale price that I received was $46200.

Since there was a trade-in involved and they had to increase the value of my trade in without changing the sale price on the GS350 to meet my final OTD price of $49400.
  • paulikpaulik Member Posts: 2
    That is through a broker (3rd party) so I don't know the exact selling price.
    I saw the sticker though 59382
    But based on this thread soemebody posted earlier the numbers are this:
    MF: 0.0008 (I didn't do any MSD)
    RV for 27 months lease is 67%
    If my calculations are right selling price is around 54647
    On top of that Lexus rebate 2500 which brings it to 52147
    with this price I get exactly 579/month in my base lease calculator.
    Just want to double check with people here if I'm missing something.
  • ram60ram60 Member Posts: 20
    Hey kyfdx,

I am a long term Infiniti guy, but actively considering a switch over to the Lexus GS.
    Do you have a leasing spreadsheet you recommend. Preferable one that accommodates the MSD variable?

Thanks for sharing.
    I'm sorry, I don't...

The formula is pretty simple.... about 8 years ago, I had my 12-yr-old help me put it into an excel spread sheet... I just recalculate the money factor manually, depending on the MSD discount..

I quit using the on-line lease calculators, when I found they were imputing various items and amounts that I hadn't entered. I'm sure they don't all do that, but that pushed me towards using a simple excel spreadsheet (I can do it on paper or in my head, too.. lol)

If you have a smartphone, I bet there is an app for it...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• beamer55beamer55 Member Posts: 12
    use an App called Leasematic - it has everything you need in there.
  • newbie53newbie53 Member Posts: 2
    I leased a car for the first time. It is the 2013 GS350 F sport Cold weather package, fully loaded.

Here are the details of the deal:
    MSRP- 58.5K
    agreed upon sale price- $52,472
    gross cap- $54,106
    cap cost reduction- $5852
    adjusted cap cost- $48,253
    residual value- $38,697

Depreciation- $9556
    Rent charge- $2112

27 month lease, $4k drive off (including first month), $470/mo including tax, 10K mile year, all maintenance included, excess wear/use protection included

Was this a good deal?
  • newbie53newbie53 Member Posts: 2
    I leased a car for the first time. It is the 2013 GS350 F sport Cold weather package, fully loaded.

Here are the details of the deal:
    MSRP- 58.5K
    agreed upon sale price- $52,472
    gross cap- $54,106
    cap cost reduction- $5852
    adjusted cap cost- $48,253
    residual value- $38,697

Depreciation- $9556
    Rent charge- $2112

27 month lease, $4k down payment (included first month), $470/mo including tax, 10K mile year, all maintenance included, excess wear/use protection included

Was this a good deal?
This discussion has been closed.