Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• ed108ed108 Member Posts: 39
    Dealer told me 71% Residual for 10,000 miles a year and 70% for 12,000 and the MF he "thought" was .0024 which seems kind of high for a lease special.

Still trying to work out a better deal myself. Last day of the month today, he may be motivated.
  • ed108ed108 Member Posts: 39
    The advertized lease is $2500 down and $329 a month. What they're offering you is $3100 (trade and money)and $358 a month. Doesn't sound all that good to me....my two cents.
  • juanito1juanito1 Member Posts: 22
    Yeah, the .0024 seems kinda high. I'm gonna stop in today too. THey have so many in stock and each week there seems to be more on the lot....something has got to give. Good luck! Let me know what you work out.
  • coastal3coastal3 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man - Could you tell me if this is a good deal on a one pay lease offered from a N. New Jersey dealer.

New 2006
    On pay lease
    24 months (he said 27 months would be more expensive)
    $15,750.00 one pay amount
    18,000 miles
    June program
    Black (non-met)/black
    sunroof pkg
    sat radio
    6 cd changer

We were talking about a $36,000 or so price on the car
    The one-pay seems high to me now.
    I left a 500.00 deposit

Your prompt advice is appreciated. Thanks!
  • carguru7carguru7 Member Posts: 3
    I just leased a 2006 C280 AWD. I shopped around and got quotes from atleast 4 to 5 dealers. I explored options for both 27 and 39 months lease. I went with 39 month lease since MD State calculates taxes on selling price of vehicle (instead of lease payments). I have only had the car for couple days but I am very pleased with the deal and the car. Details of best quote:

Pewter with Stone interior, Sun roof, Sat radio & 15 K miles / year. I had to sacrifice CD changer and memory seats to get this deal.

27 month lease
    $6000 down includes everything (down payment, acq. fee, 1st month, tax, tags)
    $ 335 per month

39 month lease
    $6000 down includes everything (down payment, acq. fee, 1st month, tax, tags)
    $ 345 per month

P.S. One pay sounds high !
  • bsedrishbsedrish Member Posts: 26
    Just got back from talking to a dealer and was offered the following deal on a DEALER USED 280 with 9,000 miles on it:

C280 (no 4MATIC)
    Sunroof Package
    6-Disc Changer
    Heated Front Seats
    Power Dr Seat/Steering Col w/Memory
    Split Folding Rear Seats

MSRP - $37,505
    Cap Cost - 30,900 (82% of MSRP)

27 months
    15k miles/annum
    no money down other than drive off fees (no cap cost reduction)
    Full standard warranty from MB

$400/month (before negotiating)

This seems like a good deal to me.

Do people agree or am I missing something?

Thanks
  • juanito1juanito1 Member Posts: 22
    Sounds good to me....i get to roughly $400 tax in if i assume 68% residual, 8% tax and .0024 Money factor. Can you find me one? If i'm not mistaken the C280 comes with the bigger brakes and that will save you brake pad costs over a C230.
  • bsedrishbsedrish Member Posts: 26
    Thanks for the email.

Here the specifics:

MF is .00180=4.32%
    RF = $23,469 or 62.576%
    Tax was run at 8.25%

I have been looking at the E350 b/c the deals were supposedly really good, but inventory is low so now getting hard to find one. The best I saw was $590 month with premium package (MSRP $54,300), $3000 down, 39 months, 15k miles.

Regarding the 280 deal I am working, the MF is very good and the cap cost reduction appears great (even given that the car has 9,000 miles - I really don't care abt this as long as they a) deliver it to me looking new b) my warranty is still in place which it is).

Have you been looking around at this car? I have not (was more focused on the 350s) so I am trying to make sure this pmt is as good as it looks. If so, I am going to jump on it I guess.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
  • dominique1dominique1 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone been able to negotiate the down payment on the current promo. that mercedes has been running for the c230? They are asking 3500 down and 329 a month. Anyone recommend a dealer here in los angeles?
  • sjl2sjl2 Member Posts: 10
    Just leased a 2006 C230. MSRP $34,175 selling price $29,938 ($2500 below invoice with $600 ad fee). 39 mo /12,000 mi/$752 drive off came to $377/mo + tax =$406/mo.
  • rnycrnyc Member Posts: 7
    Hi everyone,

Based on the current promotion i am negotiating a deal to lease 2006 Mercedes C-230-WZ for $285 /month 1690 cap cost reduction. 10,000 miles a year. IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?. I always lived in a city so never bought a car since i came to this country 5 yrs ago. Now i accepted a job out of city so i need a car and don't have much clue in this field. Any suggestions on negotiating or things i need to be precautioned. I appreciate educating me. Thanks in advance.
  • prlprl Member Posts: 10
    That sounds like a good deal initially, but you didn't mention how long of a lease term. Also what options does the car have? Lastly, since you say you haven't had too much experience buying a car, are you sure that 10,000 miles per year is enough? Make sure you factor in your work commute and any extras or road trips you might want to take. For many people 10,000 miles a year is pretty low. Good luck!
    Thank you for your input. More details as follows:
    Lease term: 27 moths
    which is better to lease for less period or more period. Isn't that lease for less period is better so you we can change the car sooner?
    In regards to the options, i never dicussed anythin yet. As he says standard. In checked the standard options comes with factory seetings, i belive those will be included. Am i right?
    I agree, 10,000 miles i thought is very less. As a student in europe i used to go over 10,000 just driving around. I don't know incresing my milae option how much will increse mothly lease. what is reasonable increse if i am looking for 15,000 miles/year.

Previous details: 2006 Mercedes C-230-WZ lease for $285 /month 1690 cap. 10,000 miles/ year. excellent credit history.
  • prlprl Member Posts: 10
    I think that lease price seems good for that term. As for the length of the lease, that is up for debate, I guess it depends on how long you like to keep the car. In this case, Mercedes is offering great rates for 27 months, so you should probably keep it at that. Going from 10K to 15K miles will affect the price, I'm not sure how much maybe $25 more a month? This is the estimate I came up with when I played with the numbers on mbusa.com. As for standard equipment, most Mercedes dealers would order a C230 with the Sunroof package and the 6 Disc changer. Also what dealership are you working with, I see that you have NYC in your use name, would you be working with MB Manhattan by any chance? I'm assuming at that lease price they are selling you the car for under invoice cost which is good.
  • leasencleasenc Member Posts: 2
    This is my first post, but I've been following these wonderful boards for a long time. :)

I can't find the residual and base money factor for the 27-month programs on the c230 and c280. It must be a bit better than the 24-month numbers.

Also, why are the selling prices so far below invoice right now? I have a fairly good understanding of leasing, and with some of the numbers being posted above I can't understand why the c-class board is so quiet. :confuse:

Thanks for the help!
    Thanks again for your input. Yeah ..I will lease it for 27 months. I will have an option to upgrade or lease another car later. Yup, I live in NYC but the quote i mentioned above, I got it from MB New Jercy and another private dealer. I never contacted MB manhattan, i probably say the quote will be higher. Are there any cons in leasing from another state? it shouldn't be right? I think we can service the car any MB center. I need to find all these details when i go for test drive and signing the lease. Before i was considering BMW or Infinity FX. Now with these terms i will go with MB.
  • caslacasla Member Posts: 4
    Car man:

I am looking at leasing a 2006 C-Class 230 (automatic, cd-changer and sunroof) MSRP 33,575 (negotiated price $30,077). Its a 39 month lease, $2,500 down, 15,000 miles at $415 a month (plus 8.25% tax). Money factor is 000.28 and the residual is $19,809. Is this a good deal?

I can purchase it for $559 a month tax included (with $3,000 down at 5.9 interest rate). Its only $100 more a month. Is the lease worth it? assuming I can keep the car for say 5 years?

thanks
    casla,
    I just leased a similar C230 last week(Post #62). You should check your lease numbers because they do not seem to add up and your monthly payment should be lower.
    1. The money factor should be .0024 instead of .0028 through MB if you have Tier 1 credit.
    2. You can calculate your monthly payment on Leaseguide.com very easily.
    3.You need to figure out what your $2500 down encompasses. MB's acquisition fee is $795. Reg/lic fees should be $300-350. My dealer fees were $73. The remainder of your $2500 should be cap cost reduction lowering your monthly payment.
    4. The residual rate through MB Finance on their current lease special seems artificially high which means you can save significant $ on a lease.
    Car man:

Following up on my lease question, I requested the dealer for a copy of the proposed lease and noticed that in calculating the lease payments the dealer added an amount of $5,495 as "Rent Charges". I know is a pretty high number, since I am leasing an X3 BMW and the amount added as Rent Charges was only $2,800. Do you have any advise or comments regarding this? Thanks
    Thanks sjl2. I am Tier one. Its seems I should get the 0024 MF. The 2500 DP covers 1st month (447); 400 Doc fee; 490 License fees; and registration and taxes $22. I guess I am getting killed with these Rent Charges (see post 71). How much is your disposition fee? $595?
    casla,
    Rent charges are purely a function of the money factor, selling price and length of lease. If you lower the money factor to .0024 the rent charges will decrease as will your monthly payments by $20+/mo. Your X3 must have a very low money factor or short lease term.
    What is your dealer doing for that $400 doc fee, many dealers will only charge $45 for doc fees. You should also know exactly how much of your $2500 is going toward reducing the cap cost of your car as opposed to fees,etc.
    I believe MB's standard dispo fee is $595.
    Sjl2
    Thanks for your help. My cap reduction cost is $1143.71. The residual is %58. Is this what it should be? I thought MB was using 61%. Dealer is not doing much with the doc fees, but will ask again.
  • helverhelver Member Posts: 2
    I leased 2006 C-230, Auto, Sunroof, and CD Changer over the weekend in Los Angeles area.

Total drive off: $2500
    27 months, 15 K per year
    $375 / month, including tax.
    I'm not sure about the money factor, but the residual was 68%.

I leased Acura before, and there didn't have any depo fees. I was bummed out about $600 depo fee.

I think I got a good deal. What do you guys think?
  • slbabogadoslbabogado Member Posts: 1
    I have an offer for a C230 - sunroof package - DVD navigation - 6-disc CD changer

The deal is: 27 month lease - 12K miles a year - $2000 down (includes lease acquisition fees and taxes) - $360 per month.

Is this a good deal?
  • leasencleasenc Member Posts: 2
    slbabogado,
    At first glance, that seems good! To give you a better answer though, and for my personal edification, would you share the money factor, residual, MSRP and selling price you got on the car? Thanks for your help!
  • dtawildtawil Member Posts: 20
    I currently have the following offer on the table.

2006 C-280 Luxury Sedan
    4 Matic transmission
    Sunroof Package
    6 CD Changer
    Navigation

27/mo 10k miles

They are asking for $3,050 down and $450 a month including taxes.

What do you guys think, your prompt response is appreciated.
  • andre1andre1 Member Posts: 85
    Car_Man,
    Please post the August Lease info (money factor, residual) for the 2006 Mercedes C350 (Sport and Luxury versions) for 12, 24 and 36 months, at 12K and 15K miles per year. Also, does the current $5000 dealer cash apply to these leases through Mercedes? Thanks!
    I recently leased a 2006 C280 2006
    4 Matic transmission
    Sunroof Package
    Sat Radio

39 mon / 15 k miles

I paid $6K down including taxes, tags, first mont payment, acq fee etc. Down payment was on the higher side bcoz MD charges tax on total vehicle price. My monthly payment is $339.

I was offered $335 for 27 months. But I decided to go with 39 months due to high upfront taxes.

Anyway, considering what I was offered back in Jun 2006 your deal is higher by approx. $2k (i.e. over the period of 27 months). Hope this helps..........
  • dtawildtawil Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for the reply.

It seems like you got a great deal, but I don't like how much you had to put down.

Anyway, I didn't take the lease I mentioned above, but a week later the dealer calls me with the following offer on a 2007 C280, which I ended up taking.

2007 C280
    4 MATIC
    Sunroof Package
    Navigation
    6 CD Changer
    Memory Seats

27 month/ 10k miles per year lease.

$450 a month including taxes.

My total due at signing was about 1350 and that included my first months payment, bank fee, and document fee.

What do you think?
    You got a very good deal. Enjoy your new car.....
  • rdorrisrdorris Member Posts: 5
    Don't know if that's such a great deal.

I leased a 2007 C 280 Luxury Sedan
    4Matic
    Sunroof Package
    Rear side airbags
    CD changer
    Split fold down seats

48/mo 12k miles/yr

Had $0 down, and $489 mo. including taxes
    I've leased many vehicles and paying money down on a lease is not the best way to go. Never pay $$ down, if you have the extra cash put it in an account and use it toward your mo. payment. NEVER GIVE IT TO THE DEALER!!!
  • njb325njb325 Member Posts: 1
    I have 3 months left on my '04 C230W, it was only allowed 48,500 miles and has 61,600 - residual value is $19,878 and have paid $21,982.35 - I want to buy it but with the additional miles can't I negotiate with MB financing to lower the residual. The car is in excellent shape and has no dents/dings, runs like a clock and looks great too! I need some guidance on how to try to get this car for less than the residual, do I have any bargaining like other cars? If I buy for the residual, the car ends up being more than the sticker price, how does that work? The balance would be $11,807.65 to make up the price of $33,790 leased in Sept.'03......Help, have never wanted to keep a leased car before, this will be the first to keep of many leased vehicles.............JB
  • cfopvcfopv Member Posts: 6
    I desperately need to find the current money factor and residual for the C280 4-Matic at 39 months and 15K miles/year. I'm located in NJ.

Thanks!!!!
  • robbase1robbase1 Member Posts: 2
    That sounds like an excellent deal on your C280, where did you get it (dealership and salesperson)?

Looking to lease myself.

Rob
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Feel free to mention the dealership name, but no posting of salespeople's names in the Edmunds.com forums please. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    Make them an offer. MBs are soft now. They do not want it back, especially with the extra mileage. If you return it, you'll owe them X per mile over the allowed. Check your contract. Do that math. say 16,000 extra at $.25 per mile means you owe them $4,000 if you turn it back in. Not good!

Forget the original sticker. That has no bearing on things now. You paid for depreciation plus interest. Your contract says you can buy it for the residual. You want it for less. they do NOT want your car with 16,000 extra miles at the end of your lease.

Put an ad in your local paper with 62,000 miles and see what your best offer is. That's what it's worth. It will be lots less than $19,878. If they take it back they'll just send it to the Manheim auction and get $14,000 for it (est), so tell them you want to buy it for $14,000.

If you have a big auction in your area, go by and ask them to appraise your car. If they say it'll sell for $14,00, then MB will get 90% of that value.
  • brentkhackbrentkhack Member Posts: 23
    What are the least rates for the 07 (can't find any 06's) C230 for 24, 36, and 39 mths with 15k miles per year? Any special lease rates available?
  • kate_arienkate_arien Member Posts: 4
    Your prompt advise will be greatly appreciated because I am planning to finalize a lease tonight. Please give me a good estimate of what my monthly payment should be given the following:

2007 C230 with sunroof package
    27 months 12000 mi
    Top tier credit (MB Financial already run it)
    2005 PT cruiser trade in value is $8k (Negative equity is $4k since I have a payoff amount of $12k)
    Willing to pay a downpayment of $2k to cover a portion of the negative equity on the PT Cruiser

Q1: What is my risk if I have a trade and has a $4k upside down and giving $2k as down?
    Q2: I was quoted .00307 and 71% res value? Are those right?
    Q3: What better deal is out there for me?
    Q4: Any good lease specials coming up this November that you might know about?

Thank you very much in advance for your input.

Thanks very much.
    The best experience ever!

Leased my car last 11/1/06 from SoCal WI Simonson (www.mbsantamonica.com). Internet Sales people were very straightforward and quick. Gave me real numbers to work on. Haggled a bit but all those time, I never had to deal with BS which I got from the other dealers I spoke with --- both floor and internet. Plus, they gave me the highest trade in value for my 2005 PT Cruiser Touring – same with what Carmax gave me --- and I think, that rarely happens. And I was in and out of the dealership to pick up my car in a snap!

So here are the LEASE specs for your reference:

2007 C230 Sport V6 A/T
    SP/cap cost: $2100 below carsdirect invoice
    Trade in value for PT Cruiser: $8500
    $1500 net upside down on the PT
    Paid DMV fees, sales tax and first month upon lease signing (drive off $800)
    Acquisition fees were added to capitalized cost
    27 mos. 12,000 mi/yr
    MF based on Tier 1 credit
    Monthly payment: $484

Hope this helps. :shades:
  • mrummrum Member Posts: 7
    I am in Southern California and thinking of leasing a C230 Sport that does not have a sunroof or CD Changer. I believe the sticker price was close to $31,000 and sale price is about $28,000. I would put down $1,400 with a payment of $377 with tax and 12,000 miles a year. The residual is 70%. The lease is 27 months. What do you think of this deal?

Also, my friend said she paid $800 to get her brakes done on her c230. Do you have any idea how much I can expect to pay on maintenance? Do you think I can use 89 gasoline instead of 91 at times?
    Contact the Internet Sales of mbzsantamonica.com (W.I. Simonson is the dealership). They're really nice and very quick. Best service you'll get in SoCal and their loaners are Mercedes too, not other brands. I leased mine at $28,900 last Nov 1st and it already included sunroof and single in-dash CD.

I created a spreadsheet which I used when I negotiated my new lease and based on your numbers, you will pay $375/month incl taxes given the following assumptions:

12k mi/yr for 27 months
    $28900 selling price
    Tier 1 credit = .0025 MF
    69% Residual
    $1000 down only
    Plus around $700-800 drive off fees (incl. taxes, DMV fees and 1st month payment)

I guess with a lease, all you have to pay for is the scheduled maintenance which is around $300-500. Hope this helps. Good luck on your lease hunting. :)
  • monty2222monty2222 Member Posts: 48
    I am in my 29th month of a 39 month lease, paying $486/month for a 2004 C-320 Coupe. The lease-end purchase price will be $17,000. It's only got 4,000 miles on it (driveway ornament). Would like to get out, OR maybe transfer into an ML-350. When I ask Mercedes, they say I can give back the car early, but I have to pay ALL the REMAINING lease payments. HUH? Why would I give them the car now if I still have to make all the payments? Obviously that means I can't get out early. Just wondering if anybody else has been able to do it somehow, OR has been able to change into a different car without penalty of still paying the old lease balance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi monty2222. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: sysop, "Real-World Trade-In Values" #, 14 Dec 2000 10:07 pm. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • kensterkenster Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,

Mercedes is currently running the winter ads for leasing. I am looking at the C class C230 sport sedan. This one has the following deals for 27 months leasing for $299/month with the following down payment:

$299 First month's payment
    $2,850 Capitalized cost reduction
    $795 Acquisition fee
    $3,944 Total cash due at signing

They did not say in details what options does the car have and what is the mileage limit. I assume it's around 12k mileage.

Is this a good deal? Any advice could be appreciated.

Thanks
  • markjb2markjb2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi:

I am trying to negotiate a lease for a 2007 C230 in Ft. Lauderdale. (MB of Ft. Lauderdale). The car I am looking at has a sticker of $34,705 (sunroof pkg, cd changer and metallic paint). I can pretty much get the dealer to go to carsdirect invoice plus $100 without much trouble at all, but I see that those of you in Southern California do much better, sometimes as much as 2k below invoice. Is this a regional difference that I will not be able to overcome? We have several dealerships to chose from here, but they are all owned by the same parent company, AutoNation, so while the stores compete, it is not quite the same as if they operated under a different corporate ownership. At the very least, I want them to give me the current $1000 incentive in addition to the invoice pricing.

They made the best offer thus far on my 2006 VW Jetta TDI (Diesel), as CarMax was way off base on this car and I have about 2k positive equity.

At the very least, I want the same money factor (which appears to be about 4.9%) and residual (70%) that they are offering in the Winter Event special, as I am looking at the 27 month term with 10k/year (I drive very little, roughly 7-8k per year) so this is fine with me.

Does this sound like a reasonable expectation? Anyone in South Florida have any experiences to share?
  • mrummrum Member Posts: 7
    Car Man -

Can you help me with this? I am in Southern California and thinking of leasing a C230 Sport that does not have a sunroof or CD Changer. I believe the sticker price was close to $31,000 and sale price is about $28,000. I would put down $1,400 with a payment of $377 with tax and 12,000 miles a year. The residual is 70%. The lease is 27 months. What do you think of this deal?
  • argumentatorargumentator Member Posts: 4
    Hello All - I need to know if this deal is any good, I plan to close the deal tomorrow.

MSRP: $35305 (Silver/Auto/Sunroof Pkg/Power Seats/6CD changer)
    Negotiated Price: $31305
    15K miles/yr
    27 months lease
    67% residual
    Money Factor: 0.00300
    $860 drive off
    Monthly Payment: $520 inc Tax.
  • samicasamica Member Posts: 3
    I need information on extending my car lease. Is there a penalty for this? I have three months left on my lease. My mileage is 42k (48 allowed). What happens to the mileage during extension? are the payments during this time applied towards the buy-out price?

Thanks
  • yhariyhari Member Posts: 30
    Carman,

Hope all is well and that you had a great holiday. You really do a great job. My dad wants to lease a 2007 C280 this weekend. Can you please provide residual, MF and Bank Fee for 27 mos and 36 mos for both the AWD and RWD versions. From what I understand the current lease suport for MB finance is only on the AWD version. Please provide both.

Thanks
    Yhari
  • kensterkenster Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,

I just got an offer below for the lease of 2007 C230. Let me know if it's a good deal:

MSRP: $35305 (Silver/Auto/Sunroof Pkg/Power Seats/6CD changer)
    Negotiated Price: $32300
    12K miles/yr
    27 months lease
    69% residual
    Money Factor: 0.0027
    $4485 down payment ($2850 down, $795 acquisition fee, first month lease and tax)
    Monthly Payment: $338 inc Tax.

Is this a good deal?
This discussion has been closed.