Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited May 2015 in Mercedes-Benz
For current leasing information, go to 2015 Mercedes C Class Lease Questions

Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Mercedes-Benz C-Class. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• smd5smd5 Member Posts: 18
    Car Man -

Can you please post the 24 and 36 mos 15k/year, money factor and residual values for the 2006 C230 and C280 4Matic.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go smd5. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport Sedan through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00350 and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00310 and 61%. If you were to lease a 2006 C280 4Matic through MBC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00240 and 59%. I only mentioned the 3 year numbers for the 280 because there is support on 3 year leases of it right now so this is the way to go if you want one.

Car_man
    Host
  • sailorstacsailorstac Member Posts: 9
    Car_man:
    Can you please add the lease information (money factor, residuals) for the 2006 C280 4Matic for a 10k and 12k lease for 36 and 48 months? I leased my last MB on a 48 month lease, which at the time, the dealer said was the best way to go on MB leases.
    Thanks!
    Sailorstac
    Here's the information that you are looking for, sailorstac. According to the latest info that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 4Matic Sedan through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier and residual value should be .00240 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00240 and 51%. MBC's 10,000 miles per year residual values are 1% higher than its 12,000 miles per residuals. 48 months is a good way to go in this situation, but you also may want to consider leasing for 39 months. Mercedes has been running a special program lately that lets consumers use its 36 month lease program for 39 month leases. Doing so gives three additional months to spread out vehicles' initial depreciation hits and results in a lower monthly payment than a 36 month lease would.

Car_man
    Host
  • eol9eol9 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man:

I leased C240 in June of 2002 - 48mnth/60K miles. I am about 9 months from the completion of the lease and currently at 57K miles. What would you recommend I do?? 1) Prepay for additional miles, 2) Flip the car, 3) Buy the car, 4) Other.

Also how would I calculate the money factor I received on my lease given that I know the rent charge? I would assume lease rates are more favorable now then they were back in '02.

Thanks
    EOL9
    Hi EOL9. While most banks do provide a discount in the amount that they charge lessees for excess miles purchased at lease signing over the price that they charge at lease-end, I suspect that you are too late to get any sort of discount on additional mileage for your car.

If you know the full MSRP of your car, how much you paid for it, and what its lease-end purchase price (aka residual value) is, you should be able to use the formula that is outlined in the following article to back into your car's approximate lease money factor if you really want to: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. What's done is done though and there's nothing that you can do about to change your car's money factor at this point so it really doesn't matter.

In order to determine whether you should purchase your vehicle at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your car's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". One of our most knowledgeable community members, Terry, frequents that discussion and he is often kind enough to give community members who give him an accurate description of their vehicles with his opinion on their value.

Once you know what your car is worth on the open market versus what it will cost to buy it, you can make an educated decision about whether to purchase it at lease-end or not. If your car is worth more than or around the same as irs purchase price, you can buy it and trade it in (most dealers will facilitate this sort of transaction) or you can buy it and continue to drive it. A bonus to purchasing your vehicle at the end of your lease is that consumers who buy their leased vehicles do not have to pay any sort of penalty for excess mileage or excess wear and tear.

Car_man
    Host
  • gold233790gold233790 Member Posts: 183
    Carman-

What are the current residual and MF for a c280 4-matic? I was told by a dealer that their "deal" is good through Nov. 30th, but of course it makes sense to figure out on my own what I want to spend before jumping at their deals.

Looking at 39 month and either 12 or 15k miles.

Thanks.
    You're in luck, gold233790. I just had an opportunity to take a look at Mercedes- all new November lease program for this car. If you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 4Matic through Mercedes-Benz Credit in November for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00205 and 59%, respectively assuming that you pay a security deposit, acquisition fee, and qualify for its top credit tier. Its 12,000 miles per year residual value would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • bleaseblease Member Posts: 1
    Are the residual and MF for the regular C-280 much different from those you posted above for the 4-matic?
    Also, I'm in Texas where it appears that when leasing a car, the lessee has to pay sales tax on the full value of the car, not just on the portion leased. Are you familiar with this practice and does it make leasing a car in Texas not a good idea financially??

Thanks -
    Blease
  • hcaganhcagan Member Posts: 15
    Carman,

Can you please advise me of the December MB lease rates on a 2006 C280 4matic, 15,000/Yr 39month lease in NY.

Thanks

HSC
    Hi Blease. The Mercedes-Benz lease program for the 2006 C280 without 4Matic is a little worse than the program for ones equipped with this option. Mercedes-Benz Credit's current 36 or 39 month buy rate lease money factor for a 2006 2WD C280 is .00230.

Unfortunately, I am aware of the annoying way that Texas calculates sales tax on leased vehicles. Many Texas residents get around the high sales tax that is charged on leases by getting balloon notes instead. Balloon notes are very similar to leases, but sales tax is calculated differently on them in your state.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you are looking for, HSC. If you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 4Matic through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00205 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • sofakingcoolsofakingcool Member Posts: 15
    Carman.,

Please provide me with current MF and Residual for a 2006 C230 Automatic Sedan for a 2yr, 15000mi/yr lease and a 3yr, 15000mi/yr lease. The dealer I am working with is offering to pay my first two lease payments for me. Have you ever heard of that before? Thanks in advance.
    Here's the information that you're looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sedan through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00235 and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00210 and 61%. Manufacturers run special programs that waive the first lease payment or two on vehicles from time to time. In fact, Mercedes-Benz has one on the R-Class right now. I haven't heard about this sort of program on the '06 C-Class though. If the dealer is paying for your car's first two lease payments on its own, it could cut into your ability to negotiate the lowest possible selling price because they are eating into their profit to make the payments for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • john1971john1971 Member Posts: 3
    i leased an 06 c230 for exactly invoice. the MF and residuals carman gave you were what i received. i was only able to negotiate the first ($200 service for free)
    i was in and out in 1 hour. houston, tx.
    Congratulations on your new car, john1971. It sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
  • tiks102tiks102 Member Posts: 3
    May I know the current money factor & residual value for 2006 C230 Auromatic MBenz sedan for 39 months 15K mi/yr and also for 48 months 12 mi/yr? My dealer also mentioned that they got a low rate from the bank (0.0026)and residual value is about 51% of MSRP but mileage is not exactly 15K mi/yr. They offered the car below the invoice amount. Do I get a good deal?
  • assameseassamese Member Posts: 15
    Ray Catena, Edison,NJ
    Price Quoted:
    C280W4 34750
    775 Iridium Silver 680
    275 Pwr drv seat, Strng column w. memory 600
    324 324 SunRoof pkg 1790
    232 Grg dr. opnr
    249 AutoDim, Dr & Rrvw mirror
    345 Rain Sensor
    414 Glass snroof
    540 Prw rear-wndw Sunshade
    359 TeleAid Dgtl/PreWired cellPhone 820
    530 NAV 2210
    819 6-disc CD 420
    SUBTOTAL 41270
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY 775
    TOTAL 42045

Lease: 39 Mos, 15k/year
    Pay $1900 up-front (1st Month payment $589 + DOC $199 + registration for 4 years $322 + acquisition fees $795 + sales tax $48)
    Monthly Payment: $589
    Disposition Fees : $595

I will get rid of the 'TeleAid Cellphone Option'.
    Any comments, feedback will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance. Mike
  • madmanager1madmanager1 Member Posts: 5
    Please give me the residual and MF for a 2006 C230 sports sedan (WZ) 6 sp manual....lease is for 12K/year 39 months. I think I'm getting ripped off...dealer quoted this deal...

MSRP: 33045
    sell @ 32045
    money down $2000, however, no sec dep or acq fees....cap cost reduction of $1382 after 1st payment and taxes taken out.
    However, they used a MF of .00316 which seems really high to me....and a residual of 62.45% giving me a payment of $494 for 39 months 12K miles. I don't like this deal. Any advice would be great. I think I'm going to check out the BMW's...
  • alexwalex1alexwalex1 Member Posts: 33
    After much negotiation, I have the following offer to lease 2006 C230 with manual transmission here in CT:
    MSRP 32865
    Incl standard black paint
    Sunroof package
    Heated Sets
    6CD changer
    Incl Destination

Total down including all fees, etc is $3500
    12K miles a year for 39 months
    $370 a month tax included

They state that residual on the car is 62% and money factor is 0.00315. $3500 above includes about $2200 in inception fees and about $1300 in cap cost reduction. They also say their aquisition fee is $995, which seems ver high. Is MB aq fee universal in all states? I see in postings above that is it listed as $795. When I use invoice price of this car ($30619) and the numbers above, $370 a month seems to be exactly on target, but is it? Any thoughts or suggestions?
  • milldocmilldoc Member Posts: 3
    I am considering a one pay lease on a 2006 4matic c280. What should I expect to pay? I know options come into consideration - but - you know, ball park. Thanks in advance. Doc
    Hello tiks102. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sedan through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00295 and 60%, respectively. If you can lease this car using the aforementioned program and with a selling price that is below dealer invoice you definitely are getting a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Mike. I assume that the $42,045 price that you mentioned is this car's MSRP. If so, you never mentioned what the selling price of this car is. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings madmanager1. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sports Sedan through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00295 and 62%, respectively. As you thought, the money factor that you were quoted is a little high - assuming that you qualify for Mercedes-Benz Credit's top credit tier.

As far as the rest of this deal goes, you are only being given a $1,000 discount on a car that has a spread of over $2,000 between its MSRP and invoice price on the base model (this is probably even more with options). You may be able to negotiate a lower selling price than this. I would shop around to see if you can do better. If there is a lack of competition in your area, you may not be able to.

Also, I notice that you are considering making a down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your C-Class would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $1,400 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi alexwalex1. I believe that Mercedes-Benz Credit's base lease acquisition fee is $795 in all states. As a result, it appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking up this fee by $200 to add a little extra back-end profit to your deal.

Using the numbers that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $32,865 and a selling price of $30,619, I estimate that this car's 39 month, 12,000 mile per year, $1,300 down lease payment should be around $376. So other than the minor acquisition fee mark-up, this looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello milldoc. I'd be happy to give you an idea of how much you should expect to pay to lease, or one-pay lease in this instance, the car that you are interested in. However, in order for me to do so I need some additional information from you first, including how long you want to lease it for, how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, its full MSRP, and an approximate selling price for it. You can find the MSRP of this car by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of how much you may pay for it by visiting the following discussion: "Mercedes Benz C-Class: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know and I'll tell you how much this lease should cost you.

Car_man
    Host
  • assameseassamese Member Posts: 15
    Car_man, Thanks for your response..I negotiated the price down to $41045 (YES, $42045 was the MSRP)..this is the deal being offered:

Lease: 39 Mos, 15k/year
    Pay approx. $1900 up-front (1st Month payment $569 + DOC $199 + registration for 4 years $322 + acquisition fees $795 + sales tax $48)
    Monthly Payment: $569
    Disposition Fees : $595

What do you think?
    Is the maintenance of the car included in the lease price...I forgot to ask

Thanks in advance. Michael
    You're very welcome, Michael. A base 2006 C280 Sedan with 4Matic has a spread of around $2,400 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. You are being given a discount of $1,000 on the car that you are interested in. If you are in an area where there is a decent level of competition for your business, i.e several Mercedes dealers, I would not be surprised if you were able to beat this price by a little.

For now, I will estimate what this car's lease payment should be using the prices that you mentioned and Mercedes' actual lease program. According to my calculations, if you were to lease an '06 C280 Sedan with 4Matic with an MSRP of $42,045 and a selling price of $41,045 through Mercedes0Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $549. As you can see, this is a little lower than the payment that you were quoted. Mercedes-Benz made an unscheduled enhancement to its incentives on February 10th. I suspect that your lease was based upon the old program. Make sure the dealer that you're working with uses Mercedes-Benz Credit's current buy rate lease money factor for this model, .00185, to calculate your lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • lacoastlacoast Member Posts: 4
    Can you tell me what the money factor is for March on a 2006 C230 sedan. Also, what is the bank fee and residual value? Selling price of $31,049

I was quoted 2.8 MF, and $1095 bank fee.
    Hi lacoast. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. Mercedes' most attractive lease term is usually 39 months so for now I will provide you with the info for that term and for a lease with the common mileage allowance of 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sedan through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00280 and 59%, respectively. MBC's lease acquisition fee is bad, but it's not as bad as the one that you were quoted. Its base fee is currently only $795. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking up this car's fee to add a little hidden profit to your deal. Make sure to insist that you only pay $795.

Car_man
    Host
  • msdavismsdavis Member Posts: 11
    Dear car guy, Thanks for the help on my vw and my family members vw's. A good friend of mine is intrested in leaseing a mb c230 for 27 or 39 months and we were able to obtain the residuals but unable to confirm that 795 is the acc fee. Every dealer is quoting some variation form 895-1095. What I am also intrested is knowing the base money factors for those terms of 27 and 39 months. Thanks So much. Also is there any manufacturers cash that is combindable with the mb financial special lease?
  • puppykickerpuppykicker Member Posts: 7
    My question is about financing a new car purchase (C280) through MB-Credit, through a dealer in the DC area. I know that during April MB is offering 1.9% for up to 36-months, and 2.9% for 48-months, on new C-class purchases. I brought this up with my salesman, who pretended to act as if this was news to him (over three weeks into the month). He "found" the same information once he looked, however. He said that this was the rate the dealership got the money at, but that I would pay a markup (on 36-months) to somewhere between 3.0% and 4.0%, but that this was still a good rate.

My previous (all non-MB) purchases have been cash, so I don't have experience with manufacturer/dealer financing. Is it customary for dealers to do this sort of thing? Or just with those people that let them get away with it? Or, do I say that I expect the interest rate being offered and promoted by the manufacturer, period? (We haven't talked price yet, but I know this dealership is usually not particularly competitive. It's just the closest to my home, and I don't have the time or energy for a whole lot of shopping around.)

I didn't discuss leasing with the guy, but a lease could be appealing, given decent terms. Does this 1.9% rate on new C-class purchases imply that the money factor would be around 0.000792? That is, do leasing interest rates reflect promotional interest rates on new car purchases?

Thank you all very much.
  • rickshakrickshak Member Posts: 2
    Dear Car Guy-

Can you please tell me if this looks good?
    MSRP $35435
    Selling price: 32,200 (could be a bit more)
    39 month lease
    15000 miles/year
    FEES:
    1st payment 414.17
    Acquis- $795
    Doc Fee- $150
    Plates- $322
    Something else- $7.50 (cant read the writing)

Total cash downpayment- $3500 leaving a $1811.33 cap reduction..

PAYMENT: $414.17

I did not recall the residual or the lease rate on this and I'm feeling vulnerable as a result. It sounds like a good deal but I would like some verification please. Thanks a million
  • mkundrandamkundranda Member Posts: 1
    dear car guy;
    Could you please take a look at this and tell me if i have a good deal on this lease.
    C230,Black,Manual trans,sunroof package and heated fron seats.
    39 month lease,15000 miles/yr. Rate is 0.0028 and mnthly payment 465/month, no down payment(only the first month payment,title and tags 1500$)
    Thanks a ton
  • schulhofschulhof Member Posts: 71
    I got mine in February.

C230 with Auto trans., sunroof package, Granite Grey

39 month lease, I think 12k miles a year. I gave them $2500 and have $417 payments.

Hope this helps.
  • doug30doug30 Member Posts: 1
    hello car man ,just wanted to tell you that this is the best site ever and i appreciate your help and advice. car buying is a hassle you go in stress free and come out stressed out,but you have made it a lot easiear and fun thanks again.

here is my question .
    i live in maryland am looking to lease a car,i already read all the great advice you have given everyone ,i am just cofused on the down payment part ,i know zero down is what you advice ,does that include taxes and tags. thats all.thanks again in advance
  • prlprl Member Posts: 10
    Car man,

Would appreciate some advice. I live in northern NJ, so I have been to several dealers. Two dealers had a car in stock that i was interested in and got the following numbers:

2006 C280W4
    Black/Black
    C1: Lighting Package
    C3: Sunroof Package
    Power Driver's Seat and Steering Collum
    CD Changer
    Folding Rear Seat

MSRP: $39,415

They want $539/mo for 27 months with 15,000 miles per year and about $1,800 in inception fees, with no cap cost reduction. There is also the typical $595 turn in fee at the end of the lease.

The other dealership offered $571 a month for the almost the same car except it was Pewter which causes the MSRP to go up slighty for the metallic paint. Also similar inception fees and no cap cost reduction. He said he was already selling the car for ony $500 over invoice. When I called back to tell him that I would probably go with the Black one, he said what if we can match it. I said I'd be in touch becuase I like black better anyway.

This would be my first experience leasing a car since I'm in college, and I'm hesitant to do this since my car is in perfect shape now and I have $0 per month expense on that. I would appreciate any insight you might have!
  • txbelletxbelle Member Posts: 2
    Can you please post the 27 and 36 mos 10k/year, money factor and residual values for the 2006 C280 for June?
  • whensel1whensel1 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man-
    I am looking @ leasing a 2006 C-230 Sport Sedan for my girlfriend and I am trying to get the best deal possible. So there is a MB lease offer now for a 27 month lease for $329 per month with $3,624 down payment. Here is my question: What is the best deal that you have heard of anyone recieving for a lease on this model, with as least $ down as possible?
  • juliacjuliac Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in leasing a C230 pewter car. 39 month lease, 15K miles per year. MSRP for this car is $34030 (includes sunroof, 7 speed auto transmission & entertainment package). According to Edmunds Invoice for this car with options is $31648. Considering putting $4500 down (low ball on my trade in). Add $795 acquisision. What should my payments be - I've never leased so don't understand lease money factor & residual - thanks so much for your help!
  • sgtslatesgtslate Member Posts: 16
    Well it is usually not reccomended that you trade or put down alot on a lease. If you drive the new leased car off the lot and total it in in an accident the lease will get paid off but you just lost the entire trade or big deposit.

Money factor is the rate of interest charged for the duration of the lease. The lower the money factor the less interest. Multiply the money factor by 2400 and that is you %intrest charged for the lease. The residual value is how much the car is worth at the end of the lease. Once again, the higher the residual, the less you should have to pay since you are only paying for the difference btween residual cost and new cost plus the intrest rate.
    Thanks doug30. When I advise consumers not to make any down payment when leasing, I mean not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction. There's nothing wrong with paying your vehicle's first month's payment, security deposit, acquisition fee, or even taxes at lease signing. If you want to lower the money that you have to pay at signing, you can always roll the acquisition fee into your vehicle's cap cost and most states allow consumers to do so with tax as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Greetings prl. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the specific selling prices of the cars that you are interested in, other then the fact that you are getting them for $500 over invoice. $500 over is a very good deal. It still would be helpful to know these cars' exact selling prices. The selling prices would enable me to use Mercedes-Benz Credit's actual lease program to estimate what their monthly payments should be. Doing this would enable us to see if the dealers that you are working with are trying to add any hidden back-end profit to these deals by marking up their money factors. Let me know and I'll run these cars' payments using their base lease programs for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Here you go, txbelle. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 Sedan through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00160 and 60%, respectively. I have not seen this car's 27 month lease program, but I can give you info on its 24 or 30 month programs if you would like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi whensel1. The easiest way to get a good deal on this car is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your car's lease payment using Mercedes-Benz Credit's buy rate lease money factor. I have seen consumers get C-Classes for $500 over invoice recently. That's probably a good target price to shoot for, but stop by the following discussion for additional feedback on how much you should pay for this car right now: "Mercedes Benz C-Class: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Mercedes-Benz Credit's current buy rate money factor for a 27 month lease of an '06 C230 Sport Sedan should be .00240. Once you know this car's MSRP and approximate selling price, I'd be happy to estimate what its monthly payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi juliac. You would be much better off having the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade than using rhe proceeds from it as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease. Making such a large down payment puts you at risk of losing this money if your car is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. It is much easier for dealers to take advantage of consumers who don't understand how leasing works.

Your monthly payment for this car will depend upon its selling price. For now, let's assume that you can get it for $500 over invoice. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sedan with an MSRP of $34,030 and a selling price of $32,148 through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $435. This assumes that you pay a security deposit and acquisition fee at lease signing and qualify for Mercedes-Benz Credit's top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • ed108ed108 Member Posts: 39
    Hi there,

I too am looking at this lease. As advertized by MB it is $329 a month for 27 months with 10K a year on MSRP of $32,185 with $2500 down, and $795 aquisition.

Is is realistic to aim for the $329 monthly payment but with $0 down and 12K miles per year?

Thanks.
  • allycarallycar Member Posts: 2
    I received a quote at the Benz dealership of: My car trade in (valued at $1750) + 1350 at signing. The monthly payments will be 358.00 for 27 months and 10,000 miles/year. Is this a good deal? I'm brand new to leasing. All help is appreciated!!
  • juanito1juanito1 Member Posts: 22
    Carman:
    Could you help us with the base MF and residual for a 2006 C230 Sport. I did a quick back of the envelope calculation for a 27mth/10K per yr lease but wanna see what you come up with. I want to recalculate with no downpayment so i need the true MF and residual. Also, will MBUSA accept extra SD's in lieu of down payment which would further reduce the MF? How much would each SD reduce the MF?

MSRP: $32185
    Sell: $30912
    Additional costs: $795 acq fee + $329 first payment
    Down: $2500
    Residual: 71% (???)
    MF: .00156 or 3.7% (????)
    Taxes: 7.75%
    I come up with $329 + $26 tax /mth
  • allycarallycar Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your response. This is exactly why I need your help, as I do not even know what you're referring to when you say "MF" and "SD." Please get back to me on this. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.