Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• tjinbptjinbp Member Posts: 1
    Hello, can anyone tell me what the Money Factor and Residual are for a 2008 Altima S with a term of 36 months? Thank you :D
  • rumblebumblerumblebumble Member Posts: 7
    The Hybrid gets a $2350 tax credit, but not if you lease.

However, because I pay AMT, I am not eligible if I purchase.

I have a negotiated cash price on a car, but am now thinking that maybe I should lease it instead and reduce the price by the credit (given that the leasing company gets it).

Am I missing anything? Has anyone had luck doing this?
  • alsellitalsellit Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the whole leasing thing but this is what I've been offered. Can anyone tell what they think of the deal I'm supposed to pick up the car today.
    2008 altima 2.5s standard model with the cvt transmission
    metallic jade
    39 month lease
    $300 down
    $658 back to me to pay off my other car
    gap insurance included
    1st payment included
    269 + tax a month
    I don't know the other numbers yet I did the deal last night but dealer said i couldn't take delivers or finish the paperwork till today because they were getting extra incentives starting friday feb 15th
    Please contact me I pick up the car at one and sign the paperwork
    thanks
  • nyc_carguynyc_carguy Member Posts: 4
    Alsellit -
    It's difficult to tell if this is a good deal without the MSRP and Negotiated Price for your car. However, I made the following assumptions...
    MSRP = $21,775 (B2.5S, Dest. fee, Splash Guards, Emerg. Aid Pkg., Floor mats)
    Negotiated Price = 20,363 (Invoice price on the above)
    Money Factor = .0015
    Residual Value = 60%
    Added costs = $658 (old car payoff), $595 bank fee
    Tax Rate = 8.375%

With all of that said... your payment should be $263.43 + 22.06 tax.

So you are in the ballpark of a reasonable deal. However, any of the assumptions I had to make could throw the numbers off. If you have better info, I could give a better answer. With the add'l incentives they are getting on the 15th you might be able to negotiate a better deal, but I don't think you are getting totally screwed here or anything.
  • cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140
    Hi, can someone please post the altima 3.5 se mf and residuals for 36/39 month 12-15k?

Thanks in advance.
  • jao6304jao6304 Member Posts: 7
    I'm thinking about leasing an Altima Hybrid. Can someone please post the residual and MF for 36 and 39 month terms, 15k miles?

Thanks.
  • dstokl51dstokl51 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man
    I got these figures for a 2008 Altima 2.5SL. near Pittsburgh
    Sticker: 23,630
    Sale Price: 21,377 (300 below invoice)
    39 month lease
    Residual 59%
    Money Factor .00150
    No cash exchanged, No Trade
    Sign & Drive 280.00/mo plus 9% tax = 305.20
    Does this sound appropriate ??
    Question 2: What is a "Rent Charge" on the lease agreement
  • seman07seman07 Member Posts: 1
    dstokl51,

I have been in the car business for 6 years now.
    If you are buying the Altima for 300 below invoice, that is a good deal!
    I leased myself a 07 Altima 3.5SE manual for 39 months. The residual factor is right were it should be and the money factor is penuts. For 280/mo plus the tax of 9%, I think you should do it. You will love the car :)

Another thing that you might want to do is ask the dealer what specials are running right now. Make sure you tell him to run it at the figures that you agreed on, but just changing it up to a 36mo or a 42mo might make a difference.

As far as the "Rent Charge" goes, I have never heard of that. Some states might be different but make sure that you ask the dealer that question. Don't sign anything until you see the contract, and make sure to look at what you can buy the car for at the end of the lease. Take that number and subtract it from what the agreed price is (21,377) and calculate it. Some dealers are not that honest about those things.

Hope this helped. :)
    Another question I have regarding a lease - I'm tempted to trade in my '03 TrailBlazer, which would significantly lower my payment (worth about $8300 trade in according to kbb.com). The worry is if something happens to the new car (i.e. stolen or totalled), I lose that money. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Don't do it... Just have the dealer cut you a check for your trade.. Put it into a money market account and withdraw an equal amount each month... The difference will be negligible..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    The rent charge is the amount of money that the Money Factor or interest rate is equal to over the life of the lease. Its the interest charges as a total. So if there were such a thing as a MF of 0, the rent charge would be 0.
  • minicheruminicheru Member Posts: 3
    Hi. Today, I received a quote for 08 Altima 2.5S & 2.5SL

-15K per year, 36 month lease
    -$400 at signing (including first month payment and fees)
    -$258 per month including tax

And for Altima 2.5SL,

15K per year 36 month lease
    $450 payment at signing
    $299 per month including tax

Do you think that these offers sound ok?
    Thank you.
  • flyinlynxflyinlynx Member Posts: 4
    Somebody tell me what it's gonna cost to lease an altima hybrid with all options (navi, etc). I think the MSRP is like 32000. I know the 2.5 is discussed a lot but I am interested in buying a hybrid. Anyone know?
  • amc1201amc1201 Member Posts: 1
    Hubby & I leased an '08 Nissan Altima 2.5L Coupe 3 weeks ago. The residual value was set at 14038. Yesterday the "new finance guy" from the dealership called to say that the previous finance guy set the residual value too low & the papers needed to be re-done & re-signed. He tried to paint a pretty picture by saying that our payments would be lower. Funny thing is that some friends of ours bought a new Infiniti about 2 wks ago & they got a call last week about the exact same thing. My questions: is the residual value in fact too low? At that amount, percentage-wise, it's 61%. Hubby & I are happy with the monthly payment amount & we have yet to call this finance guy back to let him know we won't re-sign papers. Can you shed some light on this residual value situation? Your help is greatly appreciated!!!
  • newnissancarnewnissancar Member Posts: 1
    I'd very much like a head-check on this deal for a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 sedan:
    - $1,500 out-the-door (includes some cap reduction, tax, title, first payment, etc.)
    - 24 month term
    - 12k miles per year
    - base model (no add-on packages)
    - $246/month, including tax
    - money factor is $0.0014
    - residual is 71%
    - I am in Southern California, and there are no special promotions here now.

Thank you!
  • jab2007jab2007 Member Posts: 1
    I have read many forums and websites regarding ending a lease early, but I am still relatively confused. I love my vehicle but realize that I am currently paying too much for my current budgetary needs.

I leased a 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE last April. My lease terms are 39 months with a 455 dollar monthly payment. I traded in my car when signing up for a lease, and they gave me 4K on that. According to NMAC, my residual amount on my lease is 15.5K. I have not gone in to ask for an exact payoff amount, but I was informed there was a 1200 dollar early termination fee. So basically, I have paid 10 payments on my lease and would like to know if anyone can give me a detailed description of what I would owe. Hopefully, there is someone out there that can help me. Thank You.
  • r5020r5020 Member Posts: 4
    I think your best option would be to buy out the lease and sell the car. However I think if I remember with my last lease - at least 12 lease payments needed to be made in order to permit a lease buyout.

The only other option I could think of is to approach them about leasing a less expensive vehicle through them - perhaps they wouldn't penalize you as much - although you will still have significant costs rolled into the new lease payment - however I am sure it would be less.

Good Luck - I had similar feelings (I leased the same exact model/trim, and pay a little more - but I didn't put anything down) but I have calmed down since.
    Can someone please post the Altima 2.5S money factor and residuals for 36/39 month leases, 12-15k miles per year?

Thanks.
    Call NMAC rto get the current buyout price. The termination fee only applies if you END the lease prematurely with no intent to make the final payments owed. As long as you either buy the lease out, or make all the payments, you can end the lease without penalty.
    If the car is worth as much as its current buyout number you may be able to sell it.
    It will be a big PIA but you should be able to get out.
  • asav1976asav1976 Member Posts: 2
    I posted this in the buying group by mistake, but I wanted to post it here as well. Thank you all on this board for helping me work on what I think is a good lease. It was my first time doing it. I had very little time to research due to my wifes car dying and we cant be withou 2 vehicles.

I just leased the 3.5SE LOADED including tech package for my wife yesterday at Sheridan Nissan in DE.

$1993 down inclusive of $1079tax, 185-tags, $369 1st payment, $300-security deposit
    15K miles per year
    39 month lease

Maybe I could have done better, but try to give a rookie (me) a break. When I walked in the door, they wanted 2K down and $550/month payment which is absolutely stupid.

Thank you guys for all of your help. I gainnes alot by observing your conversations.
  • r000r000 Member Posts: 53
    Can someone please tell me how this would work :

I have a 2005 Altima which I own (paid in full).

If I wanted to lease a new 2008 Altima would the dealer be willing to buy back my current Altima? Do they even do that? The KBB value is around $10700

Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    The dealer will have no problem buying your Altima. However, you should try to work w/ more numbers to see if it's better for you to buy or to lease. Since you have a lot of equity w/ your current car, it might be better if you just buy instead, sale tax credit...etc.
  • skinnydog1skinnydog1 Member Posts: 16
    Can someone post the MF and Residual Value for the 6 cyl Altima for both 36 and 39 months and also for 12K and 15K per year?

thanks, for your help
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi brendan. Your car's lease payment will vary depending upon what its full MSRP and selling price are. You never mentioned the selling price, so for now I will assume that you are getting a $1,000 discount on this car. Let me know if the selling price that you are getting is considerably different. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid that has an MSRP of $32,000 and a selling price of $31,000 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp, right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $480. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this payment would drop to around $472. Unfortunately, I am not sure how much additional security deposits lower money factors and in turn lease payments through NMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi ajpbf7. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Altima 2.5S CVT with 12,000 miles per year are .00122 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00122 and 60%. I don't believe that NMAC offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it does their residual values would likely be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ajpbf7. Unfortunately, the $1,250 cash incentive that Nissan is providing on the 2008 Altima Sedan right now is not compatible with NMAC's special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello tjinbp. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Altima S with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go cnote2. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Altima Sedan 3.5 SE with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00132 and 56%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jao6304. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Altima Hybrid with 15,000 miles per year are .00264 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00264 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings dstokl51. $300 under dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for a leased 2008 Nissan Altima. The money factor that you were quoted looks about right as well. This looks like a good deal to me. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

In answer to your question about the "rent charge," vehicles' lease payments are composed of two parts the depreciation portion and the interest portion. The rent charge is the interest portion of your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi minicheru. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Altimas that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi amc1201. If there is a mistake on your car's contract, the dealer may not be able to submit it to Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. and you may have to sign another contract. On the bright side, if your car's residual value was set too low raising it would lower your monthly payment. A lower payment is a good thing. Just make sure to pay close attention to the documents that you have to sign.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi flyinlynx. This car's lease payment will vary depending upon its selling price, how long you lease it for, and what mileage allowance you need. I can work up a sample payment on it for you, but I am going to have to make some assumptions. For now I will assume that you are going to be able to negotiate a $1,000 discount on it and will lease it for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year. Let me know if any of these assumptions are off. According to my calculations, if you were to lease an '08 Altima Hybrid that has an MSRP of $32,000 and a selling price of $31,000 through NMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $493.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings newnissancar. The best way to evaluate a lease is to look at the selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The auto market is pretty soft right now. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you shouldn't have much trouble negotiating a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice on a Nissan Altima right now. You can look up this car's exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor of .00122 (.00015 higher if you wish to have your car's security deposit waived) and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    HI jab2007. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, jao6304. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Altima 2.5S with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00132 and 58%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residuals would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new Altima, asav1976. I'm glad that you were able to learn so much by visiting the forums. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Don't forget to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, skinnydog1. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.6 SE with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00132 and 56%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • czcon1czcon1 Member Posts: 39
    HI
    from the post above it says that you can't apply the rebates to the lease price? So the price I've been negotiating with dealer will go up $1250 if I decide to lease instead of buy? 08 Altima Auto 2.5S with SL package,floor mats,splash guards, $22162. Also the Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for 36 Mo. 15K is .00122 and 59%, is this correct. :confuse:
    That's correct, czcon1. Nissan's consumer cash incentives are not compatible with NMAC's special lease program. If the dealer used the cash incentive that is available on the 2008 Altima to arrive at the selling price that you have negotiated the capitalized cost for your lease would be higher. On a lease of an '08 Altima I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. The money factor and residual value that you mentioned are correct for a 36 month lease of an '08 Altima 2.5S Sedan with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    I heard that there was 1000 dealer cash on leases in February. Maybe Car_man or somone else here can confirm?
  • czcon1czcon1 Member Posts: 39
    Hi
    I was wondering what people thought of this deal
    2.5S Auto SL Package,Mats,splash guards,sunroof wind deflector,first aid package. MSRP $25705. 7.5% tax, $800 down $325 Mo for 36 Mo. 15K year lease.
  • brianinncbrianinnc Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman:

I'm trying to get a good lease on the 2.5 S Coupe. Looking at a car with MSRP of $23769. With $3000 down, I'm looking for something in the $270 area. Salesman in N. Carolina came back with .00244 money factor and monthly pmt of $307 for a 39 month lease 12k mi, 57% residual "Best Deal". Sounds about $35 high, right? He didn't really want to discuss 36 mo lease. Is the S coupe not covered in Nissan Corp lease program? If not, what should a good lease payment and math be? My credit and FICA are very good.

Thanks,

Brian in NC
  • berliner24berliner24 Member Posts: 10
    Hey,

New to the forum. Just wanted to know what you all thought of this potential lease deal, I'm from NY if it makes a difference.

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan (2.5SL w/ connection package)
    Dark Slate Metallic exterior, charcoal leather interior
    Wind deflector, floor mats, first aid all included
    0 money due at inception, absolutely nothing. No first payment, no taxes, no security.
    36 months, 12K miles/year, $359/mo (payment includes taxes)

Good?
  • mickylongmickylong Member Posts: 29
    Apologize if I've missed this here but I'm looking for the Money Factor and residuals for a 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE w/ Premium and Technology package for 24 and 36 month terms. Second part of the request would be to know if possible if these numbers will continue past March or end at the end of the month?

Any assist would be appreciated.

Micky
  • dade711dade711 Member Posts: 13
    I need someone out there who knows the money factor on a Nissan Altima 2.5S Auto Coupe. My current lease is about up and I am ready for a coupe. I want to do the 36 month lease with 15,000 per year so is the residual on this only 58%? Was hoping for closer to 60%. If someone can help me with the money factor and residual I will greatly appreciate it. I have to get her a to drive ASAP but I don't want to be ripped off. I have A++ credit in case that helps.

Thanks so much! :-)
  • mickylongmickylong Member Posts: 29
    Armed with the lease rates from online source (LeaseCompare) on an Altima Coupe 3.5SE w/ Premium and Nav for a 36-month lease, I started emailing local dealers for a price. Got what I thought was a good starting deal ($29,411) from an MSRP of $31,555. But when I asked about monthly payment their numbers come back seemingly wrong. Here's what I have from LeaseCompare:

Base Rate = .00244
    Residual = 56%
    By my calculations, this should equal out to monthly payment of $441
    What dealer provided was: $485.07 plus tax
    Net diff over the lease term is $1584

What's wrong with this picture? Are my numbers off? Are they rolling something into the lease payment and not telling me?
  • aaron1981aaron1981 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, great forum here. I'm new to leasing but think I have the basics - basically, the price of a lease is the total depreciation (negotiated selling price of car minus agreed upon residual value) + borrowing price as calculated by the money factor. That being said, I have 2 questions:

1. How do I factor in taxes (and what is a good or standard tax rate) and down payment into this equation?

2. Would anyone here be able to provide me with the residual and money factor for a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S Coupe CVT (dark slate) with P01 Premium Package, J01 Moonroof, F10 Foglamps, A92 Moonroof wind deflector? I am in San Gabriel, CA and have 4 dealers in my immediate area.

Thanks!
  • laderakingladeraking Member Posts: 69
    What are you putting down?

What is your monthly?

What is the current money factor?

Sorry to be so brief but I have no info for this model?
  • supraturbo320supraturbo320 Member Posts: 34
    berliner,

Not a good deal for you.... I just signed a deal yesterday for the EXACT same car in NJ.

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan (2.5SL w/ connection package)
    Dark Slate Metallic exterior, charcoal leather interior
    Wind deflector, floor mats, aluminum kick plates
    $330 (first month payment) Out of Pocket... NOTHING ELSE.
    39 months, 15K miles/year, $330/mo (payment includes taxes, doc fees, etc)

I shopped about 10 NJ dealers. What do you guys think? Good deal? Great deal?

Thanks to you all for the info before I shopped!
This discussion has been closed.