Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• mdspinnermdspinner Member Posts: 14
    Is that the same for an SL?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey mdspinner. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease of a Quest SL is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jmpukjmpuk Member Posts: 1
    Hi, new to this game as I am from the UK. Based on the factors listed in this thread, how would I calculate what a good lease price would be? I am looking at an SL list price about $36,000. If you already have a leased Quest, what do /did you pay?

Any help much appreciated.
    Hi jmpuk. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Quest SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00162 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

You can plug this information, along with this van's MSRP and its selling price into the formula that is outlined in the following article to calculate a payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • msdebolamsdebola Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me if I have a decent deal on this 2012 Nissan Rogue SV with SL package? This is actually the first deal, and I am not trying to rush things, and I intend to give a counter offer:

MSRP: $30,750 Selling price: $28,200 Residual Value: $17,407 Money Factor: 0.00029 ZERO money down, (includes $1,356 current lease with VW balance), $830 destination fee, $350 DMV, up front taxes $1687 + $369 first month payment.

I prefer to NOT pay the taxes up front, so this will be in my counter. Any suggestions on how I should handle and do you think I have room to negotiate selling price any further? Any advise is appreciated! Thanks!
  • deuzcentdeuzcent Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_Man,

Would you happen to have the 36 & 39 month rates for a 2012 Quest SL w/15k miles per year?

Thanks!
  • 08outtie08outtie Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2012
    After comparing a few lease quotes, between the Quest LE, SL and Sienna LE, I decided to go with the Quest SL. Here are the data (all based on 12K miles/yr):
    Quest LE quotes: MSRP - $44,130; Net Cap Cost - $39,800; Residual - $22,506 (51%); Money Factor - 0.00195; Term - 36 months. Monthly payment is $567.01 + tax; Down payment $3,000.

Quest SL quotes: MSRP - $35,720; Net Cap Cost - $32,048; Residual - $19,646 (55%); Money Factor - 0.00185; Term - 39 months. Monthly payment is $283.26 + tax; Down payment $3K.

Sienna LE with Leather Seats and Navigation: MSRP - $33,785; Net Cap Cost - $31,895; Residual - $16,632 (49%); Money Factor - 0.0004; Term - 36 months. Monthly payment is $404 + tax; Down payment $3K.

In truth, the Sienna LE was a 2012 model which has an awesome 0.0004 money factor. The only thing the Nissan dealer can do to match such a low monthly payment is to extend the terms from 36 months to 39 months, which really isn't apple to apple anymore. However, as you can see, the Sienna's discount (MSRP-Cap Cost = $1,890) on the vehicle wasn't as deep as the Quest SL (MSRP-Cap Cost = $3,672). To me, the Quest SL is a much better vehicle than the Sienna LE. So the deeper discount on the Quest SL out weighs the lower money factor on the Sienna LE in my opinion. Plus, as you can see, Sienna's residual value is not as high as the Quest. Therefore, it offset some of the benefit of the lower money factor.

I really like the Quest SL, because I have the power lift gate which the Sienna LE lacks. The leather upholstery and the interior design is so much better than the Sienna. I know the Quest SL doesn't have the navigation, but nowadays with the free nav on our smart phone, I really don't think it is reasonable to pay almost $8k more on the Quest LE over the SL just because of the nav. All the other nice features like the seat memory, blind spot monitoring..etc are nice, but I can live without. So at the end, the SL is a very sensible choice in my opinion, saving about $200/month in monthly payment comparing to the Quest LE.
  • janoojanoo Member Posts: 15
    Hi am planning to taking delivery of an Nissan Quest 2012 LE model with out moon roof. The car has an MSRP of $43625. I have made a deal that total of out pocket monies including taxes, destination charge, motor vehicle and acquistion fee, bank fee etc for a total of $4000 and no other money out of pocket is required. The lease price per month which includes the gap insurance is $465 for 39 months 12000 miles per anum. What is your opinion of this deal for anyone that can answer would be greatly appreciated?
  • deuzcentdeuzcent Member Posts: 8
    Hi all,

Just wanted to add a data point for a Quest SL that I leased yesterday.

15k miles/year 39 month lease
    54% Residual
    .00145 mf
    MSRP: 35655.00
    Net Cap Cost: 30945.00 (Includes Acquisition Fee/Dealer Fees/Tag/etc.)
    Total due at signing $410 ($394 monthly payment + $16 down..don't ask me why)
    Monthly Payment: $394 inc/tax
  • bigcarpagebigcarpage Member Posts: 1
    Take the money factor and multiply by 2,400 and you get the interest rate equivalent.

Most leases are pegged to 15,000 miles per year, because that is the average people drive per year. THIS IS THE STANDARD! The reason you see ads for 12,000 or 10,000 miles if because there is a bump in the residual value and they can advertise a lower payment. You can get up to 25,000 miles per year in most leases.

If you are a high mile driver and change cars every 3 years, leasing is perfect. Instead of being upside down, you get a payment similar to the buy option (leases are normally lower because you are only paying for a portion of the vehicle) without being told you're upside down $5,000 because you have a 3 year old car with 75,000 miles.

The only people who buy those cars are people looking for a killer deal.
  • dacarmondacarmon Member Posts: 35
    Hi Car_man,

What is the lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Quest SV both with and without the leather package for a 15K mile per year lease in Florida.

Also there may be a few 2012s out there - any difference in numbers on 2012s?
    Hi dacarmon. NMAC's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Quest SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00093 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00155 and 52%.

There is a $1,450 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 model and $1,425 on the 2013 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • dacarmondacarmon Member Posts: 35
    edited February 2013
    Thank you Car_man! I really appreciate the info.

What are the numbers on the 2012 SL? On the incentives page, I noticed the 2012 SL has $1750 in dealer cash and that both the SV and SL have a $500 bonus offer.

There is also a $3000 customer offer though I'm assuming this only applies to purchases. On the SL can you confirm that the $500 and $1750 would apply to leases and whether or not the $3000 would apply to leases or only for purchases?
  • shenanigansshenanigans Member Posts: 9
    What year was the Quest you picked up?
  • padoopadoo Member Posts: 37
    I got a Quest LE 2012 today
    MSRP 45375
    Invoice 40771
    Rebates 1950
    Negotiated price 40271 ( 500 below invoice)
    MF .00093
    Residual 49%
    Payment 0 down $612
    Total 35 Payments
    You're welcome dacarmon. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Quest SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You're right, the $3,000 consumer cash is not available on leases, but there is a $1,450 cash incentive that is. I can confirm the $500 bonus cash and the $1,750 dealer cash. The bonus cash is definitely available on leases and I think that the dealer cash is as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • brihagenbrihagen Member Posts: 6
    Im hoping someone can help me out...

Ive found a local dealer selling a 'new' leftover Quest SL for $24600. I haven't yet spoken to the dealer, but I was considering trying to lease the vehicle.

Can someone tell me what I can expect to pay for a 36month lease with 15,000mi/yr for that vehicle? And if I put $2k down on it?

Thanks in advance for any help
  • homerrulezhomerrulez Member Posts: 67
    wow, this place is a ghost town.

anyone know what the rates are on the nissan quest, the version with leather, bluetooth, navigation, heated seats? Looking for 25k annual miles (or the highest allowed on a lease for 36 months)

whats the residual for a car like that and money factor. Thanks everyone
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

wow, this place is a ghost town.

anyone know what the rates are on the nissan quest, the version with leather, bluetooth, navigation, heated seats? Looking for 25k annual miles (or the highest allowed on a lease for 36 months)

whats the residual for a car like that and money factor. Thanks everyone

Do you know the trim level? 36 month, 15K residuals are 53% for the SV, 52% for the SL and 47% for the LE.

MF is .00008 for all three.

If you drive 25,000 miles a year, a lease may not be the right way to go.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• drbump471drbump471 Member Posts: 35
    Sorry for bringing back an old post.

Wondering lease numbers for Nissan Quest
    SV or SL trim package
    36 month
    12k miles per year

Thanks in advance.
    drbump471 said:

Sorry for bringing back an old post.

SV or SL trim package
    36 month
    12k miles per year

Thanks in advance.

.00091 MF

SV - 55%
    SL - 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• drbump471drbump471 Member Posts: 35
    Thanks Michaell!!
    SV or SL trim package
    36 month
    12k miles per year

Thanks
    padoo said:

SV or SL trim package
    36 month
    12k miles per year

Thanks

SV - .00053 and 53%

Subtract 2% for SL

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks. can you also tell me the numbers for Platinum. the highest model of quest.
    padoo said:

Thanks. can you also tell me the numbers for Platinum. the highest model of quest.

I don't see a Platinum trim for the 2015 Quest - only S, SV, SL and LE.

No 2016 Quest lease numbers, either.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

LE is now called platinum. so give me no for 2015 LE
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    padoo said:

LE is now called platinum. so give me no for 2015 LE

48% residual for LE for 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• csch790csch790 Member Posts: 8
    What are the current numbers for a 2016 SV? any lease cash or anything?
    csch790 said:

What are the current numbers for a 2016 SV? any lease cash or anything?

We don't yet have any numbers for the 2016 Quest.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• csch790csch790 Member Posts: 8
    I've found a couple leftover 2015's. How about those? SL and SV
    csch790 said:

I've found a couple leftover 2015's. How about those? SL and SV

.00141 and 54% (SL) or 55% (SV). Both are for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator