Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Lease Questions

1789101113»

Comments

• porsche911c4sporsche911c4s Member Posts: 99
    Hi guys,

Anyone know the current october residual/mf for:

2014 forester premium non turbo, 36 mo, 12k

And

2014 forester premium xt turbo, 36 mo, 12k,
    Assuming tier 1?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,758
    2014 Forester Premium 36 mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00127 MF and 62% residual

2014 Forester XT Premium 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00110 MF and 63% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• subbieguyctsubbieguyct Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Hello,

I plan to lease a Forester in the next two months, and have some questions:

1 - I live in CT, would it be ok to get in touch with dealers from NJ/NY (via internet) to get the best price?

2 - Since this will be a lease, any differences on how to approach them? I've heard some advice to only negotiate the car, and never tell it's going to be a lease. I find it difficult, because mots banks only do loans, and Subaru Motors Financial seem to be the only bank doing leases now.

3 - I'm thinking about leasing a basic model and add fog lights, dimming mirror (internal) and parking sensor - would that be possible in a lease, or do I have to go ahead and get a Premium?

4 - I have access to the VIP Subaru Program - is it worth it?

Thanks!
  • jls215jls215 Member Posts: 1
    How about the current October residual and mf for:

2014 Forester base model, automatic, 36 months, 12K

and

2014 Forester base model, automatic, 36 months, 10K

(Assuming tier 1)

Anyone know?

Thanks!
    2014 Forester base model, automatic, 36 months, 12K
    .00127 MF and 63% residual.. 10K residual is 64%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jagyossarianjagyossarian Member Posts: 13
    Forester '14 2.5I Premium Automatic
    All Weather Package, rear bumper cover, and a bunch of other minor options
    MSRP $27,190
    Sales Price $26,360
    MF: .0018
    Res: 57%
    Monthly Payment: $369 (includes 6% tax, $595 acquisition fee, ~200 doc fee)
    Down Payment: 1st month

This was an initial offer so no negotiations yet. Sales price seemed ok but I'm concerned that about the MF being so high. I asked about a 36 month lease but they claimed that to be a worse deal. By my own calculations, using previous post numbers for 36 month, 12K, should be about $15 cheaper a month . Does Subaru allow MF to be marked up or is this regular MF for 42 month, 12K lease?

Thanks
    I show the 42mo, 12K/yr lease to have a 59% residual... the 42/15K lease has the 57% residual.

I also show the base rate to be .00130... maximum mark-up allowed by Subaru is .0005, so it looks like the dealer took the maximum mark-up.

Assuming you have top tier credit, you might shop around... $800 off and money factor mark ups should not be hard to beat.. they aren't doing you any favors...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jagyossarianjagyossarian Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the info. This is very helpful.
    Hello fellow Armenian!

I agree with kyfdx,
    Shoot for a (much)better deal. That deal is not good. The 36 month residual will be better and the money factor they are marking up. Use truecar.com or edmunds to calculate an invoice price, and shoot for under invoice. Invoice or higher is not a good deal.

I think you should shoot for 2 percent under invoice. Off the top of my head ill guess 25,000 even. Subaru has a VIP program that automatically gives 2 percent under invoice as the sale price without any negotiations. You have to join an organization like a internationak mountain biking organization, etc and the cost is dirt cheap for the yearly organization but you have to be a VIP member for at least 6 months prior to buying.

Even if you're not a VIP member, some dealerships will give you VIP pricing or better even if you're not a member.

This forum is terrific. List your state and see if someone gives a dealer referral. If not, check out subaruforester.org, go to prices paid thread and ask for a dealer name who is known for giving great prices, even if it means traveling. Local dealers aren't giving me any deals, but a dealer is giving 2+ percent under invoice 3 hours away with a good dealer doc fee. Worth it!
    Best of luck!
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    kyfdx,

can you tell me the MF and residual for a 3 yr 36k lease on a Forester Limited? The only options would be wheel locks - I do not want navigation or any other things on the car.

Also, any idea what kind of price I should be able to negotiate?

With Honda leases, there is no end of lease turn in fee, you get $1500 of wear and tear credits and you can extend your lease up to an additional 12 months with a phone call. Does Subaru offer any of these value added services for their leases?

For anyone who has leased a '14, have you been satisfied or anything you particularly like or dislike about your car?

Thanks for the information.
    2014 Forester Limited non-NAV 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00110 MF and 60% residual

$1000 of wear and tear allowance
    $300 disposition fee

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Thank You kyfdx

I appreciate the information.
    Hi kyfdx,

Can you tell me the current MF/residual for 2014 forester premium, cvt, 36mo/12k and 10k? Also are the current numbers from October or November?

Dealer told me the MF is .00135, and res. 62% for 10k, and 61% for 12k. Is this accurate?

Thanks!!
    We won't have the new rates for a few days..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank kyfdx.
    You posted .00126 with 62 percent for 12k for October.
    Is it possible the dealer is using Octobers numbers too (with a markup)? And they may not have the November rates yet either?
    Thanks!
    If there are new numbers, the dealers have them.. (It takes us awhile to get them, not the dealers..)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• roscoe301roscoe301 Member Posts: 3
    Guy quoted me for 2014 Touring:

42 mo/10k

56% Res
    0.0010 MF

He's saying 29K but I haven't negotiated at all yet.
    That looks right...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• roscoe301roscoe301 Member Posts: 3
    thanks [virtual handshake].

think if i can get him to throw in package #2, I'll take the deal.
  • logic_3logic_3 Member Posts: 51
    Working on a lease deal now. First time dealing with Subaru. Was shocked to find out that Subaru does not allow multiple security deposits on their leases. Here is what I have so far to share:

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
    Popular Package #2
    MSRP $31,770
    Invoice $29,510 (Consumers Report)

For a 42/15k lease, dealer #1 has told me the residual is 53% and MF .001. Dealer #1 Sales Price $29,989, with a monthly note of $407 after taxes. Reg, Title, doc fee, and filing fees total $247. Also has a $23 for Fees & Insurance in the due at signing.

Dealer #2 is offering a sales price of $28,489 after asking them to match another dealers lower offer on a $300 dollar less MSRP Forester. Unlike dealer #1, they are including an acquisition fee of $595. They have doc & government fee totaling $213. Their monthly note is coming out to $365. This dealer is also stating residual is 53% and MF .001.

Wondering if someone could confirm the residual and mf are correct. Also, is the acquisition fee optional for dealers if they charge it or not? Dealer #1 did not list it on the quote, so wondering if I would get a surprise when it was time to close the deal or if they are figuring they are getting it in the higher sales price and just not listing it. Any ideas?

Hopefully dealer #1 will match the price and I can close in the next couple of days. Otherwise I will have an hour drive to dealer #2 to close.
    Money factor and residual are correct...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• robhangdog823robhangdog823 Member Posts: 17
    How is this possible that the residual goes from 63% to 53% in one month?
    You'll have to refer to specific posts, for me to give a precise answer... Different model year, different model, different lease term, different mileage allowance?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi Kyfdx,

Hope you are well. Did the residual/MF become accessible to you now for a 2014 forester premium, 12k/36 and res. for 10k?

Thanks,
    Mike
    2014 Forester Premium 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00110 MF and 61% residual. Add 1% for 10K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you kyfdx!
  • adamd1adamd1 Member Posts: 1

I was quoted 0.00125 MF and 56% residual (12K/yr, 36mo) for a 2014 Forester Limited. The numbers sound ridiculous to me ... or is this expected for this trim?

• tonyjambotonyjambo Member Posts: 9
    How does 290/month for 42 months with 1850 (inc taxes) sound in my for a premium with all weather ?

Seems slightly in the high side msrp is 26, 669
This discussion has been closed.