Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC70 Lease Questions

Comments

• luisja2000luisja2000 Member Posts: 14
    Hi dpeck1, even if Volvo is giving a cash incentive of $2000, I would not get the car, they are depreciating the resale value more and more so the used cars are going to be worthless like most of the american brands. As much as you discount a car as worthless it is. If I were you I would be looking at Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, or BMW. You can get great deals in terms of financing and leasings and they retain their value better plus you would not spend much time in the dealer.
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Member Posts: 51
    Do you know what the April numbers are, incentives and MF. reside, etc?? yes, 15K, 36 months.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I sure do, dpeck1. Unfortunately, Volvo is not currently providing any lease support on the 2009 XC70. You definitely don't want to lease one through Volvo Finance right now, its lease money factors are around .00500, which is equivalent to an interest rate of around 12% :surprise: .

You can lease one through an independent bank and take advantage of the $5,500 dealer cash and $1,500 cash incentive for leases through anyone other than Volvo Finance if you want though.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • shs111shs111 Member Posts: 39
    I've got a 2004 XC70 which is starting to run up some pretty sizeable service bills. I'm thinking about getting a 2009, I know it's not the best car out there but I just happen to like the dealer, the service, the car itself (previously also had a 1998 V70). I find that I tend to keep a car between 5 and 6 years, and have always purchased, not leased. I put somewhere between 12K and 14K annually on the car. What would you recommend: purchase or lease?

Many thanks.
    I have a 2008 and I've wasted too much time at the dealer, the dealer people are nice, no question about it, but I cannot be there every other week, my recommendation is stay away from this car for a couple years until they can improve it, see reliability at consumerreports or even the editors score at edmunds, they failed pretty badly with this model. I am like you, I like the car inside and out but too many problems that are not worth the money, evn when they are giving almost $7500 rebate away, that should tell you that they are not selling this car, not just becuase the recession but because people are realizing that is not worth the headache. I can wait to december 24th to return mine and be free again.
    Good luck with your decission, if you want a list of all the problems I´ve had I will be more than happy to give it to you.
  • shs111shs111 Member Posts: 39
    Many thanks for the reply, Luisaja. This surely reinforces my thoughts about leasing rather than purchasing. I'm actually starting to think about the XC60 instead, although obviously the car is too new for us to know about reliability.
  • jaa37jaa37jaa37jaa37 Member Posts: 30
    Hi Car_man (and others) -- anyone know what the money factor and residual, etc., would be for a two-year, 12,000-a-year lease would be on XC70s? Any cash back deals?
    We have a 2007 lease that is ending soon, and we're trying to decide whether to extend the lease for a few months, get a new lease or try a different model.
    Anyone have any advice on extending a lease?
    Hello jaa37jaa37. I don't believe that Volvo is currently providing any lease support on the 2009 XC70 through Volvo Finance. If you really want to lease one, you would be better off doing so through an independent bank than through Volvo Finance. Volvo is currently providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of XC70 3.2s through independent banks.

Car_man
    Host
    If I were you I would not even consider to get a Volvo, read my postings from before the 2008 XC70 is just a pool of problems, I get something new every other week and of course Volvo US or the dealership could care less. I imagine their sales are down so badly due to quality and reliability issues that they have to put the 5 year Complimentary Maintenance Program but unless you are willing to go to the shop every other week and suffer your car experience throughout your lease term I would not purchase a Volvo. Check Consumer reports or Edmunds and you will see what I am talking about.
  • red35red35 Member Posts: 1
    We are completely frustrated... I am trying to negotiate a lease with the local dealer and feel like I am getting the "run-around" I can not seem to get the lease numbers written down on paper from them - what it looks like I am getting is:
    XC60 T6
    MSRP $38200
    Money Factor .00225 (is this good? I have Excellent credit)
    Local tax 8.75%
    Residual $13000 (this seems low to me)
    $1861 down payment
    monthly payment of $532
    48 month lease
    going through USB Leasing

I am happy to try to work with them but feel like I am not getting a "fair" deal...

There has been some double talk about USB "Buying down" the MSRP by $6000 - can you tell me what this might mean...

I have had two leases back to back with Volvo and have never had any issues in the past... same dealer...

I appreciate any help you can give -
  • meteop34meteop34 Member Posts: 8
    I am leasing a 2007 XC70 and the lease is up in about 9 months. I now need to replace all 4 tires and have heard a lot of great reviews from XC70 owners on Nokian tires. All of these owners have upgraded the size from OEM 215/65/16 to 235/60/16.

Should I worry about paying a penalty when I return the car if the tire size is different from OEM?
    Hi meteop34. It wouldn't hurt to check with the bank that you are leasing through to make certain, but generally speaking most banks don't care of a vehicle has different tires on it than the ones that it originally came with...as long as all four new tires match.

Car_man
    Host
    My parents have a 2007 XC70, and they're finishing a 30-month lease in Feb. The residual is $21,500. The car is in very good shape, and while I don't know the exact mileage right now, I'm certain it's under 20,000. Any idea whether I can expect the dealer to offer me a better deal on the residual? I read that dealer auction prices are pretty low right now.
  • meshugymeshugy Member Posts: 24
    I'm in the exact same situation....finishing a lease on a low mile 2007 XC70. I spoke with the bank (Wells Fargo) several times and they will not lower the residual (mine is $18,000). The car will easily sell for $22K or more so they have no incentive to make deals.
  • vancouver83vancouver83 Member Posts: 30
    I just bought mine for $18,700 and tried to get the bank to go lower but they would not. Mine also only had 26,000 miles on it and I found nothing out there (including the new XC70) that was any better at that price. I also like the car and have a big dog that won't fit in most other stationwagons.

I think you can probably sell the car for around $22,000 (my refinance bank said it was worth) so $21,500 might be pushing it. If they need a wagon, I would look at Subaru Outback (to buy) or Passat if they just want to lease. At 21,500, their monthly payments wont be that different and they wont need to fix up the 3 year old car.
    Thanks for the responses. Sounds like the $21,500 is a pretty decent price. If they decide not to keep it, it will probably be because they've decided to get a hybrid -- they don't *need* a wagon anymore, but I think they like the flexibility of having all that space when they want it.
    I suppose there's no harm in trying to negotiate a better price...
  • stevenstevenstevensteven Member Posts: 6
    I am looking for info on what the percentage residual is on 24, 36, 48 month lease.
  • noa7noa7 Member Posts: 1
    just starting the process. xc70 w/ premium, convenience, climate, pcc + blis. msrp is $48,500. cap cost is $40, 500. (that's with the $6000. allowance). 48 mo lease, 10, 000 miles - $3000. down and the payments are $587. is this deal good or bad? where do i go from here? do i push to get the cap cost lower? i don't mind putting some money down, but i'd like lower payments.
    Hi Noa7,

Of course everyone has to choose the deal that works for them. However, in my opinion, that is a terrible deal (see leasing info on edmunds.com as a backgrounder as well). I am the proud owner of a 2007 XC 70 (premium, Xenon) which I originally leased and then opted to buy. I also LOVE Volvos.

However, I am unlikely to lease another XC 70. Volvo and their lending partner USA bank do not offer good interest (money factor) rates and frankly speaking, the new XC 70 is not worth the asking price when you compare it to other cars out there (BMW, Audi, VW, and Subaru).

If you really have your heart set on this car, it seems that buying it will cost you about the same. Also, never put a lot of money down on a lease (see edmunds for reason). If you are a Costco member, you should get another $1000 off the price. See edmunds true value for a good price but I wouldn't pay more that the low 30's for a new XC 70, Volvo is way over charging. If they dont come down, then simply look at some of the other wagons out there. Although it doesnt have the name, the Subaru Outback (V6), is a great alternative if you need a big wagon.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, but I wanted to help you out with my thought, hope it helps.
  • lucy81lucy81 Member Posts: 1
    The lease (thru US Bank) on my 2007 XC70 expires on 10/31/10. Car is "clean" except tires should probably be replaced within the next 3-6 months. 34,500 miles. Option to purchase vehicle is $15,203 + tax. Interest rate to purchase car thru US Bank is 5.1% (3.66% thru my own bank). Understand I can also purchase the car thru the dealership (Volvo Oak Park IL) and get an extended warranty, etc. but I don't have those numbers yet.

Have leased all of my cars over the last 20+years. This is the first time I'm considering exercising the buy option and keeping it. Also wondering if I should buy it and then trade it in on something else... Or just return it ($395 return fee) and lease again....

Goal is to keep my monthly payment as low as possible....Have been paying $453/month (48 mo lease) and would like to lower that amount.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....venturing into unknown territory here and it's all pretty overwhelming. THanks.
    Lucy81 -

We purchased our 2007 XC 70 at the end of our lease and are extremely happy with the decision. We chose to do the financing through with our own bank. If you are comfortable with the car (feel its reliable), then there is no better car you can get for $15,000. That was our logic. Anyway, I love the 2007 XC70 model. The 2008 body style does not appeal to me (not as nimble). Its solid and rugged but still drives well.

We did it after 3 years and still are under warranty until December (4th year). We also changed the tires - heavy car = more tire wear and tear and had the car detailed. Our baby looks brand new. There is nothing better out there for a comparable car with that 15,000 price.

Enjoy it
  • theta1theta1 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2010
    I hope you decided to buy it!

I've been looking for a used xc70 for a few months....dealers, ebay, craigslist. A 2007 xc70 with under 40k miles is worth above 20k. I just bought one from a private party for under 20 but it was hard to find this one and it took me months.

Let us know what you decided.

PS: also, the reliability of the 07 xc70 is very good compared to audi, bmw, subaru etc according to actual repair data reported by users via TrueDelta
  • fawltytowers44fawltytowers44 Member Posts: 58
    Does anyone know if the entire driver seat can be repositioned further rearward by the dealer or a mechanic? I cannot get enough leg room in the car when the seat is at it highest point and all the way back. Your help could persuade me to lease one. Alternately; can the XC90 seat be grafted into the XC70 by a mechanic without creating a safety hazard?
  • rundyrundy Member Posts: 5
    What is Volvo's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 XC70 3.2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year?

We're looking at an XC 70 with a MSRP of $44k and a sales price of $35,669.
    Rundy, through May 2nd, US Bank's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC70 3.2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00097 and 50%, respectively.

Volvo isn't providing lease support on the 2010 XC70 any longer.

Car_man
    Host
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    Do you have the the following December money factors and residuals:

T-6 Premier Plus for 36 and 48 months 15k per year

3.2 AWD Premier Plus for 36 and 48 months 15k per year

Thanks
    Hey autoboy19. According to the latest information that I have seen, US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC70 T6 Premier Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00143 and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00170 and 43%.

The numbers for the XC70 3.2 Premier Plus AWD are .00143 / 52% and .00170 / 42%.

Car_man
    Host
  • lsr2k12lsr2k12 Member Posts: 16
    Carman,

Could you provide the current money factor and residual for the following vehicles for 36 months and 15k miles per year?

2012 and 2013 XC-70 3.2 Premier Plus

2012 and 2013 XC-70 T-6 Premier Plus

Thanks in advance.
    I'd be happy to lsr2k12. US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC70 3.2 Premier Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00113 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 XC70 T6 Premier Plus are .00113 and 50%.

The numbers for the 2013 versions of this vehicle are .00178 / 56% and .00178 / 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,

Could update the XC-70 rates as well for September?

Thanks.
    Here you go lsr2k12.

US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XC70 3.2 Premier Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00178 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 XC70 T6 Premier Plus are .00178 and 56%.

Volvo isn't providing lease support on 2012 models any longer.

Car_man
    Host
  • batavia02batavia02 Member Posts: 38
    edited September 2012
    need some help regarding 2012/2013 new volvos ,was looking with the wife at volvo's for the first time because it seems a lot of new vehicles have seats that are just not comfortable for those with back issues. We looked at the volvo dealer in town was treated very well and respectfull and was quite impressed, seriously considering a new xc 70 or maybe 60 i now all vehicles need repairs and all maunfacters make lemon or 2 or 3 now and then but how are volvos overall ?sorry if this not in the right spot.
    Car_man,

Could you provide the December lease rates for the XC-70 T-6 Premier Plus and XC-70 3.2 AWD Premier Plus for 24 and 36 months with 15K miles per year?

I have held off over rumors that Volvo Finance was coming back in December, and judging by the offers on the website, it seems it has.

Thanks
    Hi lsr2k12. The rumors that you heard are correct. Volvo Finance is indeed back. Its December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 XC70 T6 Premier Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00115 and 53%.

The money factors for a 3.2 AWD non-Premier Plus are the same, but the residual values would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • vladracvladrac Member Posts: 8
    Car_man,
    Could you please provide the current lease rates for:

1) XC70 3.2 FWD Base
    2) XC70 3.2 FWD Premier
    for 24 and 36 months with 15K miles per year?

Does adding the technology package factor into the lease rates or just an add-on?

Thanks!
    Sure vladrac. Volvo Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 XC70 3.2 FWD Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00120 and 54%.

the money factors for the Premier are the same, but the residual values are 64% and 53%.

The addition of the technology package does not impact this vehicle's money factor or residual value.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Can you provide the base money factor and residual for March for 24 and 36 months with 15K miles per year for the following XC-70 trims:

3.2 AWD Premier Plus
    T-6 AWD Premier Plus

Thanks!
    Greetings lsr2k12. Volvo Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 XC70 3.2 AWD Premier Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 65%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00120 and 53%.

The numbers for the '13 XC70 T6 AWD Premier Plus are .00120 / 67% and .00120 / 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Could you update the above for the month of April?

2013 XC-70 3.2 AWD Premier Plus 15k 24 and 36 months
    2013 XC-70 T-6 AWD Premier Plus 15k 24 and 36 months

Thanks.
  • lebdoglebdog Member Posts: 4
    I am working on being prepared to lease this car for 36 months 10,000 miles. We may buy the car at the end of the lease, if the Volvo experience is a good one. I can't find the money factor and other lease details for this car.
    We have leased for the last eight years (hondas) and turn them in with approx 23,000 miles on them.
    Can you help me with the numbers on this vehicle??
    We are working through the Costco program which gives $750.00 below invoice and all other available incentives. Thanks in advance for your time.
    Caleb
    Hi Caleb. Volvo Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XC70 Platinum AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00120 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The Costco purchase program for Volvos is a good one.

Car_man
    Host
  • jrwhctjrwhct Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

Trying to decide if the Volvo Costco offer is good enough that I should try to end my 42 month lease on a 2010 Audi A4 4 months early. Any recommendations? Should I pay off the 17500 RV on the Audi and trade to the Volvo dealer?
    Thanks!
  • jka75jka75 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Could you tell me the base rate money factor and residual for the following vehicles for 24 and 36 months and 15k miles per year?

XC-70 T-6 Premier Plus
    XC-70 3.2 AWD Premier Plus
  • dps06dps06 Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2013
    Can someone provide the residual and MF for 24 and 36 months and 15k miles per year for the following 2014 models?

XC-70 T-6 Premier Plus
    XC-70 3.2 AWD Premier Plus

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    2014 XC-70 T-6 Premier Plus 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00040 MF and 56% residual
    24mo, 15K lease
    .00001 MF and 66% residual

2014 XC-70 3.2 AWD Premier Plus
    Residuals are 55% and 64%...
    Money factors are the same as the T-6

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• britinctbritinct Member Posts: 2

What is MF and residual on a platinum AWD T6 XC70 please. Lease 10k m.p.a. Term 24 and 36 months

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976

@britinct said:
    What is MF and residual on a platinum AWD T6 XC70 please. Lease 10k m.p.a. Term 24 and 36 months

24/10 - .00110 and 70%

36/10 - .00133 and 61%

24/10 - .00112 and 64%

36/10 - .00135 and 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• lsejlsej Member Posts: 13
    Hi,
    New to this forum, but I've been a long time lurker. Thinking about pulling the trigger before the month is out on either an XC60 or XC70... unless the experts think I should wait until next month?
    Do you have the current MF, residual and incentives for the 2015 and 2015.5 XC70 T5, Drive E, FWD , Platinum, Dual Stage Child Booster?
    36/10K & 39/10K
    Thanks in advance!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    lsej said:

Hi,
    New to this forum, but I've been a long time lurker. Thinking about pulling the trigger before the month is out on either an XC60 or XC70... unless the experts think I should wait until next month?
    Do you have the current MF, residual and incentives for the 2015 and 2015.5 XC70 T5, Drive E, FWD , Platinum, Dual Stage Child Booster?
    36/10K & 39/10K
    Thanks in advance!

2015: .00070 MF and 55%/53% residual. $500 lease cash.

2015.5: .00165 MF and 52%/51% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lsejlsej Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2014
    CarMan
    Sorry to bother you again wondering if the October numbers were out yet?
    MF, residual and incentives for the 2015 and 2015.5 XC70 T5, Drive E, FWD , Platinum, Dual Stage Child Booster?
    36/10K & 39/10K
    THANKS Again!