Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Land Cruiser Prices Paid

tmedematmedema Member Posts: 8
edited May 2015 in Toyota
Has anyone paid near invoice for an 2006 Land
Cruiser? I recently recieved a quote for $54,500
( no nav or DVD)
plus tax and title. I may wait for the August and
September clearance sale. I'm assuming dealers will discount this SUV in September. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
I'm also considering the 06 Q56 by Infinity and
will consider the 07 Escalade when it comes out
in February 06. Any thoughts on how Land Cruiser
compares to those two models?

Thank you for your input.

Comments

• loucapriloucapri Member Posts: 214
    No Infinity, no Escalade...
    Stick with your mind, the Land Cruiser.
    Nissan's big SUV and Infinity received more problems than Toyota based on Consumer Report. If you read their forums, you will know some people are not very happy with Nissan. I also noticed the resale value is not as good as LC. You will also pay more for insurance than TOYOTA if you pick the Q56 or and Escalade (high stolen rate).
    LC might not stands out as much as the other 2 but in the long run, I think you will be happy you pick LC.
    FYI- the Land Cruiser is directly made in Japan and been used over the world in tough places like Africa, New Zeland...
  • rtjgolfrtjgolf Member Posts: 2
    Curious whether you were able to purchase 2006 LC near invoice?

Also interested in residuals Carman would advise using for 36 mo. lease for:
    1. 2006 LC w/DVD/Nav
    2. 2006 Sequoia Limited w/DVD/Nav
  • luvboxrsluvboxrs Member Posts: 47
    Has anyone ever ordered a LC? Can you even do this? Or do you have to buy off the lot?
  • tmedematmedema Member Posts: 8
    I have not been able to purchase an 06 LC near invoice,
    on the other hand I have only contacted one dealer.
    The internet salesperson and I get in touch occasionally.
    ( a weak and miserable attempt I know ) I may be wrong, but since I'm not in a hurry I may wait until September for close out. I have not considered leasing and ruled out the Sequoia.

Best regards
  • tmedematmedema Member Posts: 8
    Dear Luvboxrs,

I'm sure you can order a new L.C., however it must be at the dealer's price and does not leave much room for bargaining. You'd probably have more negotiating power
    if it was in stock. The dealer I spoke with in PA had two 06s in stock and a 2005 LC. This dealer did not want do
    bargain near invoice, however it is important to contact many dealers in your search for the best deal. Please share any information about a good purchase.

Good luck
  • jackietoyotajackietoyota Member Posts: 11
    There are a few dealers here in New England that I am sure, depending on how their month is going, will work with you on getting a price for a small cost above invoice. Keep shopping around, I am sure you will find one. The best way to go is through the Internet. They know you are price shopping and will give you an aggressive price the first time around.

~Jackie
  • amsiotamsiot Member Posts: 2
    I ordered a 2004 TLC in April, 2004. I had to wait for two months for my favorite color and the manufacturer default packages and options only, i.e., navigation system; roof rack & running board; curgtain airbags; and 18" wheel.

It was very difficult to get a better price of $2000 above the invoice . Most dealers in VA/MD just wouldn't sell at that price. I finally get the auto service from the credit union of Maryland(SECU) which is called 'UBS', http://www.secumd.org/html/secu/lower.htm?page=news.united_buying

The final deal was $1900 above the invoice $51330 (including NV,RR,GY,AW packages and options) before destination, tax and title. I believe that it was a good buy.
  • jamesbass1jamesbass1 Member Posts: 75
    I've finally made the transition from "just looking" at the Land Cruiser to the "buying @ best price" mode. Yep, I'm ready to buy NOW. I'd appreciate any tips, advice, and experiences from current owners, especially FL owners.
  • bdusa1bdusa1 Member Posts: 3
    I have gotten 15% off window sticker in opast expect to do it again, shop around out of big cities and travel, youll get it
  • luckylouluckylou Member Posts: 308
    Hi James.
    We are practically neighbors I also live in M.I.
    I bought my first LC in 2003 brand new , don't know why i waited so long.
    Check with the dealers in Orlando . I bought my from Toyota of Melbourne it was a fight,
    like pulling teeth.
    Go first to Mike Erdman Toyota they are good people to deal with but still is a fight.
    Send me an Email if you need names.
    Good luck
    Lou
    Yes , 2003 TLC Black Garnett , Nav, Tow ,18 inches, fully loaded all the options available
    in 2003 . The Out The Door Price $ 60,000.00 , at Toyota of Melbourne , Florida.
    I planning on getting either 2006 or 2007 TLC.
    Lou
  • spokomptonspokompton Member Posts: 6
    I am in the market for a fun A to B rig that will perform well with the occasional romp off road (not a daily commuter). I found a 1989 FJ 62 170K original miles. Only 20K since new factory Toyota engine was installed. The body is great; new paint (no signs of rust). I would gut the interior and start over again, but all in all it looks like a solid rig. I am going to test drive it today, what are some questions I should ask or things I should look for to determine if this is a good buy? Also is $8500 reasonable? Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734
    This is a pretty rare find.. If you want an expert's opinion, re-post here: Shifty, I need your help!

Mr.Shiftright can probably give you a good idea of what that rig is worth...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• spokomptonspokompton Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the help, I posted a message this morning.

Many Thanks,
  • mdsdmdsd Member Posts: 26
    I paid $63,000 for a brand new 2006 TLC.
    It came with all the options but a rear dvd player, which i dont need to begin with, although there is a dvd player built right into the Navigation system, playable when the suv is not moving. This truck is awesome....my question: did i pay too much ?

i just wanted to point out again, this came with all the goodies all the way down to the spare tire key !!!
    Hi mdsd
    Those TLC's are worth every single penny.
    You are going to have many pleasure years ahead because of this great choice of vehicle.
    If you are as happy as you said , forget about what you paid and enjoy the LC
    Lou
    i am so sure that i will enjoy it, i am really having a good time driving it, as a matter of fact i took it this weekend to Six Flags Magic Mountain (3 hours from San Diego where i live)and the drive was just breathtaking and many envious looks from people hehehe.....i would still would like to know if $63,000 is too much or is it about right for a brand new 2006 ?

thank you for the respond luckylou...
    Luckylou gave you words of wisdom, and why even care at this point. Since I know you will not be satisfied with these words, I'll tell you what I personally would have felt comfortable...about $5,000 less than you paid, and as you're in SoCal, I would've contacted that LC Fleet Mgr gal over at Carson Toyota. Just my take on it, and could be wrong. Enjoy your great LC and don't look back.
  • joe116joe116 Member Posts: 3
    Hi mdsd. I bought a 06 LC in November of 05. Paid 60K even. Fully loaded with rear dvd, tow hitch etc. Can't think of an option it does not have.
    unfortunately , mine did not come with the rear dvd, otherwise everything is in it...i guess i did pay too much, but nevertheless i am satisfied with my TLC.

thanks everyone !
  • drjosedrjose Member Posts: 12
    There is one at Roseville Toyota for $ 7,000.00 under MSRP. I found another one; this one loaded with options at Walser Toyota in Bloomington MN for $30.00 over invoice. Jose
  • rxdrxd Member Posts: 1
    I recently completed a deal for a new landcruiser and was wondering if this was a good deal. I think it is but if not I may change the deal to finance it. (I have always wanted a TLC and leasing right now would be better for me).

This is also my first lease. The edmunds calculator gave me a figure of 968.64 so I don't know where the discrepancy is?

MSRP 67488
    Price paid 59580
    Term 36 months, 12000 miles per year
    MF 0.00283
    Residual 31763
    Cash down (including first months payments & acquisition fee) 5000
    Fees 605
    Taxes 1857.79

Payment 996.27
  • trinascruisertrinascruiser Member Posts: 6
    yes i think u paid too much for it..sice u did not have a rear ent...usuallly for that price u get the rear ent...but its the best suv around am on my third one have an 03 before i had a 92,2001...planning on gettng the 07...if i can get a good deal on an 06..maybe i'll settle for that...
    hi Trina, i think you meant this email to RXD and not to me (mdsd)....
    i bought mine at $63,000 fully loaded (purchased)a 2006 model.
  • eveningriseeveningrise Member Posts: 3
    I have located a new, fully loaded TLC with all options and accessories (except rear seat entertainment system....which I don't want anyway) for a price of $55,761 plus delivery,tax and license.
    This is approx. 10 grand below the sticker.

Should I grab this deal?

I've owned several Toyota's and Lexus' in the past....but this is my first Land Cruiser.
    are you sure about this price ??? $55,761
    of course you should grab it, but it seems a little fishy, that dealership must not want to make any money on this deal....i paid $63,000 for mine fully loaded.
    mdsd...yes that IS the price. Actually $ 9500 lower than the sticker.
    But, I am concerned about all the negative reports on gas consumption. Gas prices certainly aren't going to get lower over the next few years, especially here in California.
    What kind of mileage are you, and others, getting?
    Could you please let everyone know where you are finding this deal?
    yes please let us know....i just paid $63,000 for mine last May 2006.. I might wanna sell my cruiser and purchase from eveningrise's dealership...
    first of all, neither of you---mdsd and jamesbass1---responded to my question about gas mileage for the TLC. i am concerned about the poor reports i am hearing about. 2ndly, regarding pricing---deal only with internet or fleet sales people at dealerships. there is no BS with these folks and you get quotes immediately, with no haggling. i can't disclose the dealership i am talking to right now because if i decide to get the car, i want it to still be there. it seems these vehicles don't get sold too often. by the way, i have found to other fully loaded 2006 models---without rear entertainment---one for $57,500 and the other for $56,581.
    if you post your email address, and i end up NOT purchasing one of these vehicles, i will send you the dealer info.....for a small commission :)

miles per gallon info, please :confuse:
  • steelcruisersteelcruiser Member Posts: 402
    You're considering a 5000+ lbs vehicle, with full time 4WD. If you're after a higly fuel efficient machine, you will be very disappointed with the LC. The real world mileage is really not much different than the EPA ratings on the sticker.

OTOH, if you want what many consider to be the best all around SUV made you'll be more than pleased with a LC. ;)
    Since I don't own a new Cruiser...yet, I can only give you what many people that do own them have told me...about 16-18 mpg on Hwy, around town, expect around 13-14 mpg.
  • steelcruisersteelcruiser Member Posts: 402
    Those are my typical mileage ranges in my '02 with a lift and oversize tires. Of course, I coast a lot too :)
  • narg1182narg1182 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone bought a land cruiser in NJ (DVD, navigation, etc.) recently? If yes then, what is reasonable price in comparison with MSRP or dealer invoice? Dealer recos would be great also.
  • martinfmartinf Member Posts: 121
    I have had a 2001 TLC since 5/01. At that time, the vehicles had an MSRP of $58,000 without Nav. The local dealer in San Diego (Pacific Beach Toyota, now Mossy Toyota) advertised all in stock for $10,000 off. Although I was considering a lightly equipped Tahoe for a lot less, my TLC has proven to be well worth it. It now has 87,000 miles on it. My gas mileage is generally about 12 to 13 MPG around town, closer to 15 MPG on 120 mile trips to Big Bear Lake. I would HIGHLY recommend getting the Toyota Platinum Extended Warranty. Among some minor issues (power lumbar support), I had the transmission replaced at 70,000 miles (it would have cost about $3200 otherwise). However, I would HIGHLY recommend not buying it from the selling dealer. Midwest Toyota (Witchita, KS) and Mechanicsville Toyota (Virginia) will both sell you the extended warranty for approximately half of what the Toyota Financial Services website says is the MSRP on the warranty. I bought a 2007 Camry LE for my mother last April and paid $520 for a 7yr/75,000 mile/0 deductible warranty which had an MSRP of $1150. The selling dealer (Mossy Toyota) wanted $1430 for the exact same thing. If you want to shop it further, I placed an extensive list of dealers who discount the warranty on the Toyota Camry Forum. Just search for the martinf postings. I never knew you could get the warranty from another dealer, but these forums have taught me a lot about the car business. I called Midwest Toyota's Finance manager, gave him my credit card over the phone, and I had my official Toyota Warranty Docs in the mail within a few days. Easy and much cheaper than my selling dealer. If you have already bought the extended warranty from your dealer and paid too much, you have 60 days to rescind from Toyota Financial Services and re-buy from the cheaper dealer!!

PS - If you can wait, I do believe there will be an entirely new TLC for 2008. That will certainly drive the prices of the 2007 models down, or you may want the new vehicle. I am sure Toyota engineers have not been sitting on their hands since the introduction of this current version in 1998.
  • mercaramercara Member Posts: 291
    There is a separate thread for real-world MPG. I avg 16-17 on a 2002 in mixed driving conditions. 2006 maybe about a mile better with the five speed tranny as opposed my 4 speed.
  • mercaramercara Member Posts: 291
    Does anyone know if it possible to order a new TLC without the NAV and fancy suspension? I want to get the last 2007 and keep it for a long time. Don't want to spend 10000K down the line when the screen fails and fancy suspension fails.
  • bbaunbbaun Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the 4 threaded holes in the rear bumper of my 1997 Land Cruiser can be used for light towing or a luggage rack? Are their any accessaries on the market to bolt a receiver using these holes? Thank You in advance for any information.
  • dds872dds872 Member Posts: 6
    Recently my wife and I rented a 2006 Jeep Commander for a four day trip to Detroit from PA. We had test drove a Limited with a Hemi when they first came out but the high gas prices and poor mileage scared us away. However after this trip and the feeling of safety a 5 thousand pound vehicle can provide we are rethinking our purchase. So we started to cross shop the Land Cruiser with the Commander and came across a Land Cruiser brand new loaded with Nav,back up camera and rear entertainment system for $56 and some change from $66. I thought that was dam good for a Toyota product. I remember before the gas prices my father wanted to purchase a LC and they wouldn’t budge. However 56 g’s is a little steep. Although we loved the LC , we felt that the Commander matched it option for option, pound for pound both vehicles have excellent off road capabilities drive similar on road and we could get it with a Hemi for thousands less. So I am going to pursue the heavily discounted Commander. There are a few 06’s left out there that I checked out and the dealer was willing to give 12 g’s off , I felt like I was being held captive, they didn’t want to let me leave the dealer ship. Well I hope that this info helps anyone who is looking for a LC and doesn’t overpay knowing that it too is being heavily discounted.
  • bdb888bdb888 Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I had a similar experience. We started looking at Seqouias back in August, too big for us. Ignored the TLC because pricing was out of sight....in December the dealer called us because they were offering heavy discounts. We ended up buying a 2006 dealer demo TLC with 6,000 miles on it for $54K. We LOVE this vehicle, yes it's expensive and hard on gas, but no worries in the snow and the ride is great. Typical toyota quality and reliability - they have been building the LC for many years and have a vehicle that is tough to beat. Have not had much luck with american products, reliability, quality and resale have not matched Toytotas in my opinion.
    all i can say is that if you had the money, you will not settle for a commander, period !!!

and no, commander is nothing compared to the TLC...TLC is the best in the world....and commander is U.S. made vehicle...its the worst
  • hypnosis44hypnosis44 Member Posts: 483
    Their is no real comparison that will hold over time between the TLC and the Commander. I will soon be in the process of buying a used LX 470 (Lexus version of the TLC) for the same money that I could buy any number of new SUV's for - I simply can not afford a new 470. When all things are considered, particularly safety and reliability, as well as bells and whistles, The used 470 wins out. The used 470 seems a far better choice than any of the new ones for the same money.

That being said, if you have already bought the Commander I wish you the very best with it and please keep us informed - I would live to see an American vehicle make a come back after all of these years.

Best, Phil
  • jclansburghjclansburgh Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at buying a 99 Land Cruiser with 89,000 miles on it for $14K - is this a good deal. I've had it checked out and it's in good condition mechanically, some minor bumps and bruises cosmetically, but I think it will be dependable for years to come. Any thoughts or advice?? Thanks.
  • pjc1pjc1 Member Posts: 72
    Purchased a TLC two months ago for a deep discount...$10K off sticker....but now I know why...this is the vehicle that "time forgot"...my God for a $54K "luxury" SUV the thing has less and more antiquated features than my wife's Sienna van...for example you can't turn on all the interior lights at the same time...isn't this a basic feature? dependability, comfort and solid build - yes but not much more. Maybe they are just trying to unload the remaing production year or years of this dinosaur and move on to something more 1990's ish.
    It's funny that you don't waste any time in pointing out the shortcomings of your $54,000- I certainly wouldn't turn my head up at a Land Cruiser, for me in my opinion the closest thing that I could find to one with the same options,bulk solid ride a comparable fit and finish at a much lower price was the Jeep Commander. I have to tell you I really loved driving this vehicle on my 4 day jaunt to Detroit. I am still holding out to purchase a Overland model. But they aren't discounting them right now as much as I would like. One last thing your right about the LC there are spy shots on several different sites right now of the upcoming LC.
  • pjc1pjc1 Member Posts: 72
    I always like to be truthful about my experiences...and attempt to keep opinion out of it if I can. On its surface the LC is an icon to the average SUV shopper...great reliability but it comes at a cost of even minimal luxury...you can be blinded by the aura and history of the car when you test drive it but when it sits in your garage the "plastic" shows right through...you can't miss it....get the commander, save the money and drive happy every day.
    Thanks ! Honesty is always appreciated.....
    Your "attempt to keep opinion out of it" has failed as all I read from your post is nothing but "opinion". I'm not sure what special gizmos you find lacking in the Land Cruiser, but even though I don't own one, this SUV is loaded & has everything I would ever want or need in a vehicle. What's even more important is the build quality & its reliability history, which the Chrysler Jeep brand has never provided...IMHO.
  • hypnosis44hypnosis44 Member Posts: 483
    That is quite an opinion you have there. The TLC is a very heavily loaded SUV and in the side by side comparisons with the it has more features/capacity than the Commander. The internal capacity alone dwarfs the Commander. I think the Commander has a place in the panapoly of SUV's, but it is no replacement for the TLC based on the comparisons. It does have a cleaner burning engine and it does cost less; however, Jeep also has one of the worst reliability records in the industry. Still in all, if you like it then I hope it proves to be an excellent vehicle and that Chrysler builds on a promising beginning.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734
    ..enough about Jeeps...

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator