Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GS 450h Prices Paid and Buying Experience

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited May 2014 in Lexus
Share your Lexus GS 450h buying experiences here!

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• anilpunjabianilpunjabi Member Posts: 61
    For a black on black, I got 500 off sticker, and got them to add in 10k service and 15k service, as we have had 3 lexi(plural of lexus i think lol), from this dealership. So I think we got it for 60k flat with tax of 6% = 63600 or such :shades:
  • ewpiyoewpiyo Member Posts: 2
    Come on people. More people must have bought this car. After driving what do you think of it?
  • eccentric2eccentric2 Member Posts: 4
    Bought the car last week, paid 60,069.00 got them to tint the windows, but not willing to budge on price. The car is awesome, its fast, quite and has all the new gadgets. The car is so quite you are doing 80 and feel like your barely doing 60. The fact that this is a Hybrid is a plus, but if your looking for a top notch performance sedan this has got the 540 and audi 4.2 and all of the Mercedes except the S550 beat. I have gotten around 26 mpg and i commute 80+ miles a day. I have placed my order for a LS 600h L.
  • mevandemevande Member Posts: 190
    Wow, with $$'s to spend on a great car (ok not starving here with a 2001 BMW740i) ... as known Lexus dealers won't deal any (or hardly any) on a car that is limited in production. The 60K # seems high for a GS for a LXX can be had for a little (10k) more.
  • flidflid Member Posts: 11
    I began looking at the Lexus LS and thought sure I wanted to buy the new model when it comes out this fall. Then I began to see the GS 450h advertised and researched the car... It is all about the hybrid technology and the ecological responsibility of driving a luxury performance vehicle that is making an attempt to be green as well. Once I began to understand that the hybrid technology is about more than gas savings, with its low emissions, I no longer considered a conventional model... still waiting for my color to come in and can't wait to drive it!
  • msobusmsobus Member Posts: 3
    I have been driving the car for 3 weeks. I paid 60K flat but in the form of a 3 year lease. I was a bit worried about resale and how the value would hold so I figured I would remove that risk from the equation. The 60K covered the premium stuff plus tinting, mats, and pin striping. I bought the dealers only car (it was also their tester but I bought it about 5 days after it arrived so it only had 200 miles on it). My experience was that with the exception of little stuff like mats and tinting, there was no dealing whatsoever, and I tried. I was also seriously considering the Mercedes CLS 500, but I just couldn't pass up this new Lexus/Toyota technology. I find the drive to be amazing and the power is endless. It is fast off the line, but even better, it is fast when you are already going fast. I have been impressed that Lexus can get great sports car performance/handling, but the car is still really quiet inside, cruises great and keeps the road noise out.

Was it expensive for a Lexus? Sure, but I love the "G-Whiz" factor of the hybrid and I have been getting about 22-24 mpg which is somewhat better than the Infiniti I had. I find the hybrid to be totally seamless. Unless you are sitting still you cannot tell when the combustion motor kicks on.

Some complain that the trunk is small, but I knew that going in. The only real negative I see so far is that at 6' 2" I frequently have to stoop my head to see the stop light when I am sitting up close the light. The back seat is also a little short for taller folks, but only my kids ever sit back there.
    Just out of curiosity... what color did you get? I am waiting for black and wonder if any color other than white, silver and black are available. Thanks for your report. I have been surprised by the lack of postings on this discussion board. Regarding gas mileage, could the epa estimates be that far off? What kind of driving do your do and what is the terrain. Although I am not getting this vehicle for gas mileage (per my earlier posting I am drawn to the emission quality), I hoped for something within the 28/25 range published. During my test drive I fooled with the seat adjustments quite a bit. I too am 6'2" and was trying to get real comfortable...other than the stop light issue, are you finding the seat/cockpit area as comfortable as a 60k car should be?

The more I researched this vehicle the more convinced I became that I had to have it... good to hear satisfied feedback from the real world experience of owning and driving it.
  • bmwconvertbmwconvert Member Posts: 75
    Been a while since I've posted (my earlier comments about the car can be seen under the "2007 Lexus GS450h" discussion title).

I received my car at beginning of May, the 1st one out of the dealer. Silver/Black, the only colors that initially came in I believe. Paid same price everyone else has been noting.

Drive it mostly 25-50mph range while commuting. My frequent average is 23.8mpg. Best I've done on a 200 mile round trip to upstate NY (up and down a lot of big hills) was 27.1mpg. That was about 26mpg going up and 28mpg coming back -- makes sense heading up to the mountains, and coming back down. I drive around 70-75mph, but I was still surprised I didn't do better with the highway mileage. You can't beat the car's top end accereration though.

My latest thinking about the GSh is this: it's a technologically spectacular and has a stellar performance/economy balance, but the car lacks soul. I often think of a comment in one of the auto magazine reviews of the Camry Hybrid: "...under acceleration, the car sounds like a Cuisinart on high speed..." or something to that effect. The CVT is cool, efficient and gets the optimal performance, but it doesn't make you feel as good as a good automatic revving through the gears (or of course a manual, but that's not what we're driving in these cars). Yes, you can use the simulated gears, but it's not the same.

From the interior lighting style (looks like a 1980's era Ian Schrager hotel) to the rev tones to the muted dashboard lines, the car is somewhat cold and lifeless. It's just a feel thing.

Maybe this goes a bit beyond comments specific to the hybrid as well. The feeling of (most) german luxury cars is unmistakable: rich, solid, sporting, ready to attack the road, etc. The feeling of the Lexus to me is more dressed up Toyota -- not a criticism since these are the best cars built in the world, but just a different feel. It's as tight and well put together as any BMW I've owned (actually more so), but it just lacks the X-factor you feel when you get behind the wheel.

Don't take my comments wrong -- I do in fact love the car and am constantly recommending it. It's just been an adjustment coming from the BMW's (2 previous gen 5 series and 2 3 series prior to that). I bought the GS for the hybrid technology/economy, performance and exterior styling. It has delivered on all of my key requirements. Now if only Lexus can figure out how to add some life to these cars...
  • msobusmsobus Member Posts: 3
    Seat Comfort: Good not great. I would love to have an extension for underneath my legs or if the seat front would tilt up a little more; however, I have never been uncomfortable. I also love the vented seats. My infinti did not have this and in Houston I am starting to think it is a must in a high-end car. As for view out the front window, it definitely is a bit more restricted b/c of slope of window plust the mirror is right in your sight line being tall. My wife did not have a problem with it. Do note that I have yet to take a long trip in the car so to some extent the jury is still out.

Color: I got silver with black interior. Dealer told me that all they have seen is silver, black and white, and they have only had 1 silver (I bought it) and when I went back to get my tags they had a new black with black interior. (Lexus Houston North)

Mileage: Most of my miles are short trips in communities. I get no better than 22-23 in this environment which is a bit funny since you would think that the stop and go would be where the hybrid would really provide a mileage benefit. On the highway the mileage quickly goes up to 25-28. I have yet to have a tank average better than 23. As you know, however, as a ulta low emissions vehichle you get this mileage in a very clean way.

Driving experience: I really love this car. From the incredibly high quality back up cameral to the stealth speed, I am really impressed with lexus. The ride really is incredible.

Is it worth 60K? I think so. I am really glad Lexus hasn't gone toward gimmicks like I-Drive and keeps the basics simple while providing all the other luxury one would expect.

Hope this helps
    Thanks, this is very helpful and I am glad that your "bottom line" experience is postive. I am eagerly awaiting delivery of the car and hope to post my own driving experience in the fall.
  • 2001gs4302001gs430 Member Posts: 767
    Now if only Lexus can figure out how to add some life to these cars...

You can add one of those sport exhausts to make the car loud.
    ;)
  • eccentric2eccentric2 Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,

I bought my car in June and are returning to let you know I love it, especially the performance, it is fast and like you have read so many times before the acceleration when your going 60 is QUICK.

Only negative is it makes a noise when you put it reverse, which always makes me look at the back-up camera :) to make sure im not backing over a curb!!

They could also make the interior a little nicer since it is a 60k car, maybe add some real wood rather then the shinny plastic that scratches easily.... Anyone notice the plastic like film on the bottom rim of the arm rest when you have it open peeling, it looks like contact paper. (driving me crazy CHEAP!)

In Florida if you have a Hybrid you get a pass to use HOV durning rush hour with only one person.

Again this thing is so nice to drive, I can definitely see this as the future of cars. AS Ferris Said,"If you have the means I definitely recommend picking one up"

Cant Wait for my LS600h

Eccentric
    There's a marginally amusing Nissan commercial out for one of their cars that will have a CVT. The guy driving makes the shifting noises to get his girlfriend's attention. Maybe I'll have to resort to that!
    I would have your dealer check out that noise going into reverse. Mine doesn't do anything like that.

I agree with your comments on the interior. Readers of these boards have probably seen my complaints about the thing I dislike most -- the interior lighting. I have complained to Lexus and given the most negative scores on the various surveys I've received about this.

I've never had air conditioned seats before. Is it normal to be barely able to feel it? It is better than nothing though. I can tell the back rest doesn't have it, because that part of the seat (and my back) are noticably hotter.

Another small criticism is that you can't open the trunk without the key fob, even if the car is unlocked. Lexus says this is by design. I find it inconvenient.

Otherwise, love the car...
    Are you serious about the plastic? I thought this car had real wood interior trim.

Regarding the HOV lane use in Florida (which is where I will be driving this vehicle)... do you have to do anything to get the "pass" or just do it in good faith that the polic will know it is a hybrid?
  • ptpro3ptpro3 Member Posts: 5
    Don't know if anyone is following this thread anymore...
    We were #3 on our dealer's waitlist for the GS450h. One came late April, 2nd came late May...and not a word since. Does anyone have any insight at all on the complete lack of supply? I thought we'd at least get it before the September 30th Tax Credit deadline, but not looking so good!
  • bushsux1bushsux1 Member Posts: 6
    I've read the complaints about the interior lighting and I totally disagree. I love the fact that the interior lights are not overwhelming. I rarely read in the car, the reading of maps no longer being a necessity given the Navigation system.

The lighting is sufficient for anyone to see anything they might sit on, and where to place or pickup any drinks or objects they might need.

I equate the lighting option to that of restaurants. Bright lights are what I expect in family style or inexpensive resturants. Lower, but adequate lighting indicates a more refined, comforting atmosphere conducive to relaxation.

Its also very cool at night when you walk up to the car and it just subtly glows, as opposed to becoming a beacon.

All in all, after 3K miles I love the car.

Ed in ATL
  • ideleidele Member Posts: 200
    The limited supply was expected. Checking AutoTrader.com there are very few new ones around the USA. There are somewhat more with low mileage.
    If you've kept track of the price of nickel, used in the batteries, this car is costly to produce.
    I got the first one at my dealer and now have 2300 miles on it. There is a display which, if not reset, gives you the average fuel mileage since inception. Mine stands at 27.7 mpg. Given the performance, it's an excellent figure
    I was also #3 on my dealer's reservation list, with deposit in place since May. I took delivery of my vehicle last Thursday (black on black). I know my dealer had 7 waiting when my car came in early August. As far as I know this is a very limited production vehicle by intent and will remain so at this time.

Unfortunately, I am gone for the summer and won't see the car for a couple of weeks. Once I do get a chance to drive it I will post the experience in this discussion forum.
  • sidvicious1sidvicious1 Member Posts: 1
    I have found an offer for 2007 gs450h, black on black with power active vehicle stabilization, run flat tires,mark lev. audio, nav, pre-collision, spoiler etc msrp $65,919.00 $5,917 off for a price of $59,995.00
    what do you guys think? I currently have a Infinti 2003m45 which the lease is up....p.s. I will lease and the money factor I'm getting is .00285 which seems a little high to me....55%residual...
    thanks
    sid
  • dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652
    I'm about to lease a 450h and I know there is a special lease rate in effect until April 2, 2007. But the Lexus web site only mentions that there is a special offer, without providing any details. The dealer I'm leasing from says the special money factor is 0.00255, which translates into 6% APR, as opposed to the normal rate of 0.0028, which translates to 6.7%. The 6% rate does not appear to be special at all! Does anyone have any information on the actual offer?

By the way, I'm getting a fantastic price on a demo vehicle with 500 miles on it. The MSRP is $60,200 and I'm getting it for below invoice: $53,000.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    We have a forum just for lease questions.. If you post there, I think Car_man could give you a definitive answer..

Lexus GS 450h: Lease Questions

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• celica1977celica1977 Member Posts: 6
    I have the car now since Christmas (2007 BLK / BLK) paid $60K.Fully loaded, Run Flat, Mark L. Sound, Nav, the works. I also have a GS400 for my wife. We gave up the 1995 LS400 for this car. Now that I have over 2000 miles on it (Holiday Road trip and plenty city) here is my report card:
    Hybrid Tech A+++ - Works great - Seamless at any speed
    Looks: A++++ -
    Performance: A++ - Faaaaast is an understatment
    Usablity of Glass Dash: D to C- : Useless Voice input, poor help (no list of what to say on screen, manual does not even list everything?? I have seen it displayed but not listed..beleive me I have looked, lock out of features on most items, song list of CD's (Only can play MP3 CD's (255 song limit) NO DVD MP3 even though it is a DVD changer.) Radio list remains at speed (why is this so different than a CD list I have no idea.

If there was a feature that is not worth the money it is glass dash with Nav. You can buy a NUVI for $400 that you can use when you need it. My Sister has a 2007 Acura MDX and they have it right when it comes to the Glass Dash. You can use the features as expected. Lexus (Toyota) has take conservative to a new level. I am VERY dissapointed with the usablity of the cabin features. I hope there is a software update coming soon or I will be an unhappy customer in the long run. I hope they take some lesson from Acura on this.

As long as you just want to drive the car and know where you are going and know what you want to listen to on the 300W $2000 sound system before you start driving then this car is perfect for you. Until that software update arrives. The cabin usablity now matches the trunk.. short changed...

LC - Boca Raton
  • argeliusargelius Member Posts: 64
    I'm looking at a 2007 GS450h demo model with 3000 miles. Can anyone give me an idea as to what sort of discount I should expect to receive?

Just hate the price negotiation game...
    I purchased a GS 450h from Rallye Lexus in Glen Cove, New York a month ago. It was a "manager's demo" car with only 495 miles on it. The MSRP was $60,170 and I got the car for $53,000, which is about $300 below factory invoice. As far as I know, they had more GS 450h that they were willing to sell for around the same amount.

However, in my area (Washington DC area) dealerships do not discount 450h more than just a $1,000-$2,000 and have no more than one or two in stock.
  • celica1977celica1977 Member Posts: 6
    What ever you do PLEASE do yourself a favor and REALLY understand what you are expecting for a user experience while using the Nav, DVD and other features of this car. They are AWFUL.. at best.. I have this car now and have put 3500 miles on it and every moment.. I mean every moment I try to use this stuff NOTHING is there as you would hope it. You learn how to use it while parked.. it is GREAT.. start to drive.. it all changes.. I drive my car to use it. I think most other people do too. Lexus has yet to address this and I will NEVER recommend these feature to anyone. The car in general is very cool. Hybrid REALLY works well. 23 city 33 highway.. but these lock out features detrack from the user experience immensley. Good luck.. and hopefully this will get fixed. I have promised myself to move away from this brand after this car. Too many other good manuf. are getting the message that we like to enjoy our cars and let us decide what we want to use after we paid good money for it. Take a look at Acura.. you will be pleased.

LC Boca Raton
    Similar to "LC Boca Raton" I've been very disappointed with some of the user features of the GS, specifically the voice recognition, Bluetooth and Navigation lock-out when driving, and some others.

I want to report that I've come to live with these quite well. Here's my current opinion:

1. Voice recognition. Since the accuracy of the recognition software is so low that it's unusable, I now come to think of GS as not having ANY kind of voice recognition at all. This is disappointing given the state of voice recognition software used by Acura and Infiniti, but it's just as crappy as BMW, which was my second choice for a car.

2. Navigation system lockout while driving is still a nuisance, but I've simply learned to stop to program the destination, or do it before I drive off from home/office. The fact that the Navi offers several presets for commonly used destinations (home, office, etc.) that can be accessed with two button clicks while driving, is a mitigating factor.

3. Lockout of the dialing pad of the Bluetooth system while driving does not bother me at all anymore. The reason is that I can bring up the Speed dial screen with a touch of a single button on the steering wheel. I can have 18 speed dials programmed, which is more than enough for me. Another nice feature is that I can dial on my phone, or use its directory to bring up a name, and as soon as I hit the Send button on the phone, the call goes through the car's Bluetooth system automatically. In my previous car (Acura TL) I had to say "Transfer" several times to handle the call this way.

4. Since I pretend that there is no voice recognition, I am no longer bothered by the fact that Lexus failed to include a printed list of voice commands with the manuals.

5. I've eventually found all the features that I need in the Navigation system, including the ability to review the route directions before setting off or during the drive. I find the Navigation to be of very high quality and accuracy, and the maps seem quite good. The screen resolution is fantastic.

The above statements go to my previous complaints. As far as things that I love about the car: the power, the refinement, ergonomics, etc.; I'm falling more and more in love with this car. I feel I made a great choice and got a great value.
  • kenbtkenbt Member Posts: 33
    I have been looking for a fully loaded GS350 RWD but decided to wait for the 2008 GS350 RWD.

But this afternoon I was offered a new 2007 GS450h for $67,000 (OTD- Southern California)- Smokey Granite Mica w/ Black Interior.

2007 GS 450h

Exterior Color: Smokey Granite

Interior Color: Black

MSRP: $66,842.00
    Chromes: $3,995.00
    Black Kit: $695.00
    XM Radio: $1,695.00

=========

$73,227.00 Plus Fees

What shall I do?

At least I know it is under invoice and into that coveted "2% Holdback".

Ken
    San Pedro, CA
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    You must be looking at a different vehicle than the GS450h I looked at. You would be hard pressed to get much more than $65K MSRP with all the options.

PS
    What does the $1695 XM radio do that the $496 Lexus factory model does not do?
    Well I just copied this from the Lexus Website and it doesn't include:

*Lexus Chrome Wheels
    *Black Kit
    *XM Radio

Base MSRP* $54,900.00

Available Package $11,227.00

Accessory Options $0.00

Lexus Link® Included
    Rear spoiler Included
    Trunk mat Included
    Wheel locks Included
    Cargo net Included

Delivery, Processing & Handling Fee † $715.00

Total MSRP** $66,842.00

APPLICABLE FEDERAL TAXES NOT INCLUDED.

Available Package

Active Stabilizer Suspension System (with summer run-flat tires) with Additional Options
    - Active Stabilizer Suspension System (with summer run-flat tires)
    - Lexus Pre-Collision System (PCS) and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
    - Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System
    - Mark Levinson® 14-speaker 330-watt @ 0.1% THD Premium Surround Sound Audio System
    - Lexus Link®
    - Rear spoiler
    - Trunk mat
    - Wheel locks
    - Cargo net
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    Don't they show the XM option on the Lexus website? Edmund's shows it at $496. What kind of wheels could cost $1000 each? I would not want to take it out of the garage for fear someone would steal them. You have duplicate options on your list. The most I can get the car up to with Edmund's is a TMV of $63,400. That does not include $4000 chrome wheels. You should spend a couple bucks more and get the LS600 hybrid when it comes out. That should be a traffic stopper.
    Sounds like you're talking to an overly aggressive (and optimistic) salesman. Everything you listed above, with the exception of the active stabilizer suspension and dynamic cruise control, was part of the fully loaded '07 450h I bought last year for around $60k, give or take a few hundred. The price you were given seems steep for those two additional options.
    When negotiating, try to get them to throw in the $1500 government rebate that is now (I believe) unavailable for this model. Go in with a copy of the article circulating in the news yesterday about slow hybrid sales. That oughta help.
    Actually, the price he's offered is great, *if* he wants those options.

As far as your point about the rebate, I have no idea what you're talking about. If they're selling the car for less than the dealer invoice, how do you figure they would want to discount by another $1,500??? By the way, the rebate is still available, but it's only half the original amount for 2007.
    Thanks for sharing your opinions all.
    2007 GS450h

MSRP INVOICE

$66,842.00 $58,789.00

CHROMES

$3,995.00 $1,900.00

BLACK KIT

$695.00 $325.00

XM RADIO

$1,695.00 $760.00

TOTAL SELLING PRICE

$73,127.00 $61,784.00 Plus Fees

I just got off the phone with the Lexus Dealer and I told them I wasn't happy with $67K OTD. I preferred $66.8 OTD-
    they countered back at $66.9 OTD- Said no- and they said
    you are going to say no over $200- I told them yes- Like so many things granted it is only $200- but on the other hand it is a $66.8 OTD Deal. I was supposed to stay on the phone while they asked the GM again but I had to leave my cellular to take care of some business. I missed their call but I think they took my
    $66.8 OTD. Now I have to figure should I grab it- or - wait for the 2008 GS.

They reminded me that it is under invoice and into the coveted "2% Holdback".

Any opinions would be appreciated.
    I guess I'm out of touch with what those options cost then. I was just comparing to what I paid. I'd have to go back to my paperwork to be sure, but it sounded high to me.
    For example, I have the Lexus XM radio and only paid $450 or $460 for it. Maybe they're putting different ones in now, but a satellite receiver is a satellite receiver, right? It's still playing through the MH amp system.

In any event, enjoy the car!

(PS: drive it at night before you commit --- the low beam headlights suck.)
  • dabears1dabears1 Member Posts: 1
    I am going to purchase a GS and was all set to order my 350 AWD until I saw a 450h today. It was the silver with the special 450 rims and chrome around the door frames and at the door plate. What a nice looking car!! I now understand why all of the 350 buyers are trying to get the 450h rims.

My main question is how does it drive in the snow? The other question is whether the chrome accents are only available on the 450h? I do a lot of highway driving so the performance side will just be for the kid still left in me.

Thanks!
    No RWD car will perform as well in ice & snow as well as one with AWD, but I was pleasantly surprised that the 450h did pretty well in the couple of small snow storms this winter in the NYC metro area. We're not talking a ton of snow, but the roads were well covered. I had heard that the stiff and wide run flat tires were going to cause the most trouble.
    In fact the car did quite well (better than my old 5-series with less sporting tires). I credit it to weight distribution. The extra weight of the batteries combined with a full tank of gas, kept the back end of the car in good shape. The traction control worked well to minimize wheel spin and fishtailing.
    Unless you live in a area with truly bad winter weather, I wouldn't be concerned about the RWD.

I don't know about the availability of the wheels and chrome. I suspect Lexus tried to keep a few styling touches unique to the 450h.

One comment about the wheels (which I also love the look of): because of the low side wall and lack of any lateral bulge of the run flat tires, the wheels are easy to scratch against curbs when parallel parking. Unfortunately I've done that a few times.
    Well I still haven't decided but I did get revised pricing from Lexus of Glendale, CA- which was matched by Lexus of Cerritos which included the 10K Mile Service in the price.

MSRP of $66,842.00 plus tax/license and fees.

Again I have not pulled the trigger yet but emails from both dealerships are for "$62,983.00 OTD". So if you pay no more than MSRP out the door- you have a good deal- this
    comes out to basically once you include the 10K Mile Service
    $4000+ Under MSRP- But OTD.
  • bturkebturke Member Posts: 4
    Ok this was my deal - $60,992 MSRP - $54,778 traded my 545 BMW 2005 with 25,500 on it and got $41,000. Had to buy XM for $465 installed. What do you think?
  • oclexusguyoclexusguy Member Posts: 6
    Hi Bturke,

if the Xm is Factory Installed its a Good Deal. aftermarket put by a dealership is about close to $900.

You got your self a Deal.

Thanks and Good Luck.
  • tricky73tricky73 Member Posts: 132
    Ken

Hope I am not too late; are you talking with South Bay Lexus in Torrance? I bought a LS460L from them in January and dealt with a very knowledgeable sales person; at the time he was Internet Sales Manager. Their service department is TERRIBLE!!

I am on the verge of dumping the 460 in favor of a 450h. Reliability of my 460 falls FAR short of the earlier 4XX series. It took 3 days for them to diagnose and replace a faulty trunk release switch. I have been promised by 3 different sources an opportunity to discuss my problems with the Service Manager, but to date NOTHING. The only call that has ever been returned was to tell me my car was ready.

I have experience with Cerritos and the Internet manager has been fair with me and I would not hesitate to go back if their price is competitive. Your price seems thousands higher than a price I got today for a ~$66.4K 450h.

Hope this helps
    Can someone please provide me mor einfo on the Black Kit?
    What is the Black Kit?
    tricky73...

My price was $62,983.00 OTD; MSRP is $66,842.00 ++

I got this price which was matched by Lexus of Glendale and Cerritos Lexus. I did not ask South Bay since I wasn't sure I was going to get it- if I asked South Bay they would of beat it for sure- since I am a personal friend of the Owner of South Bay Lexus.
    Vista in Woodland Hills beat that price by approx $2K, threw in a satellite radio, and gave a good trade. Had the radio installed yesterday and was very impressed with knowledge and responsiveness of the service personnel; was invited to talk with the mechanic who installed the radio receiver. This person is the one who, 2 years ago, suggested mounting the antenna underneath the package shelf on an ES330 I bought so all wires are hidden...it worked fine! They also explained many of the finer points of the car; do you know the vehicle has TWO 12V batteries? I saw them. The second one is to support the active stabilization system. The noise one hears when starting up in the morning with neither the engine or motor running is apparently the cooling fans; it is programmed that way. I was also certain Lexus had forgotten to include a height adjustment button for the driver head rest...WRONG...it is not a button at all; just an embossed circle in the leather. Nuff for now...
    Retraction...I missed the "OTD"...since that price includes tax and license, sounds like a good deal. I'm still very high on Vista service.
    beat what price?
    Glad you are enjoying your car tricky73.

So did you get the MSRP car of $66,842.00?

If so, were you able to beat my $62,983.00 OTD?
    If I am reading one of your replies I can't imagine
    you are saying that Vista beat my deal by $2K.

Ken
    Ken

I misread your earlier post; see my #48 in this series.

OTD was $66,527 inc'l XM radio; otherwise same equipment as you described (MSRP $66,842 not including XM.) Trade-in price was much more of concern to me, since I bought an LS 460L in January which proved unsatisfactory (electrical problems, dealer service difficulties, and seemingly disinterest on the part of the dealer to addressing these problems.) This flies in the face of your knowing the owner of this agency.

I am not wanting to start a Jihad against South Bay, but my experience is random electrical problems never go away until you dump the car. However, if one needs the back seat room and more trunk space offered by the 460L, it is probably the way to go...assuming you have not owned a recent LS430. I still argue there aren't that many differences between the two...except the 430 promised to be MUCH more reliable than the 460 based on my experience.

So far the 450h is a delightful machine; much more in keeping with my driving confidence. As you know, it has many of the same safety features included with the 460 and a couple that are not. The 460L seemed miles bigger than the LS430 I drove before; I was always very antsy driving it...not a good state of mind for a soon-to-be 80 year old geezer!
    tricky73

no problem I saw your misread comment previously- I was just
    confused when you said you beat the price- since they were selling the car to me for over 2K Under Invoice.

even when I decided to pass on the GS450h (none of the three dealers that matched the deal and included the free
    10,000 Mile Service were pissed I passed on the deal- since
    they were going so low as it was- and now they can sell the
    car for what you bought it for- roughly 4K more than I would
    have paid OTD).

sorry that you had bad experience with South Bay Lexus.
This discussion has been closed.