Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mi0007mi0007 Member Posts: 8
    I was quoted $41600 for an rx with a $46,600 MSRP. I know i can bring it down to $41,000. I would definitely rather buy from MI but i don't want to pay $1000 more and get less options. email me your phone number and we can talk over the phone.
  • ivy14ivy14 Member Posts: 7
    Looks like I am unable to retrieve your e-mail. Unsure if it's due to the setting.. any workaround! You can try sending an e-mail to me.
  • cbctcbct Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    This is my first post. I am from Minnesota, which has only two Lexus dealership. Both owned by the same group. I am unable to get anything below $1500 off the MSRP of a $49,535 (AWD, comfort, premium, nav, etc).
    Can you tell us the name of the dealer in VA? Do you plan to drive the RX from VA to Michigan or do you arrange it to be delivered?
    Thanks in advance.
  • a8man1a8man1 Member Posts: 23
    HI CBCT,

I faced the same problem when I bought my RX350 in 2008, your best bet is to get it from Chcago area dealers or Milwaukee....McGrath in Chicago (they have 2 or 3 in the chicago and suburbs), has over 100 RX350 in stock and they will deal, unlike Twin Cities area dealers....

Good luck!

Ben
  • jojo188jojo188 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the virginia area looking for an rx350 also, if you want to add my to the group... I can be reached at jekwone at the g type email
  • sooznaplessooznaples Member Posts: 13
    You should be able to get alot more off of the RX. Google the largest Lexus dealer in FL and email them for the best price, no negotiating necessary, they will ship it to you. It will be well worth it just tell them the color and options you want, its a done deal , easy, no haggle.
    Good luck, Susan :shades:
  • doch888doch888 Member Posts: 1
    When do the 2012 RX350 come out? Also, Has anyone had an Acura MDX before, and could you compare to the Lexus RX350?
  • mi0007mi0007 Member Posts: 8
    if anybody wants to email me at mi0007@gmail.com, i am in the middle of negotiating a deal for this weekend. Let me know we can get a better price as a group

thanks
  • msheikh25msheikh25 Member Posts: 15
    @mi0007 just sent you an email. I'm in VA and would be ready to buy this weekend if we can get a good price. Let me know.
  • bhl1bhl1 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased RX350 AWD with premium package, backup camera, heated seats, park assist, wood trim steering wheel and knob, accessory package and cross bars. MSRP of $46,071 and paid $43k with 1.9% financing. Did I get a good deal?
  • surfoniumsurfonium Member Posts: 1
    Just was quoted $41k + tax license docs for an MSRP $44376.00. Is this good? Can they go lower, he said they are making $200 on this.
    Thanks to @mi0007 i just purchased a rx350 he kind of negotiated a deal for from lindsay lexus in alexandria va. It was a "pre Japan" model as the dealer called it so it had lower msrp. It has AWD, nav, premium,comfort, wood trim, crossbars, 12 speaker audio, and towing prep. MSRP was 48k, invoice 43,933 and we negotiated 600 off invoice for 43,333+ tax tags (out the door at 44,827 with va tax). Worked out good because most models with nav had park assist which this didnt. So that in addition to it being pre japan helped bring the price down considerably for me. He was also willing to do 44,200+ tax tags on a current higher msrp model that also had park asst. But it wasnt worth the extra 900ish for me.
  • enetnutenetnut Member Posts: 26
    Lexus Longo took delivery of a few of these already. However, the pricing is not that good at the moment.

Ross
  • pureluck2pureluck2 Member Posts: 6
    Lexus USA General Manager Mark Templin said during the monthly sales conference call: "Another strong performer for us this month was the RX with sales of 6,504. It continues to be the luxury SUV sales leader and our dealers are looking forward to receiving even more of them in the near future."

"Production of the RX from our North American plant in Canada is now full steam ahead. In fact, they’re actually going to build 140 percent of planned production for the 4th quarter.

The most important news for Lexus is that overall Lexus production has improved dramatically and will continue to rise. Vehicle production will be 18 percent higher than the 4th quarter of 2010, so we’ll have plenty of models and variations for customers to choose from through the end of the year."
  • gtracer1gtracer1 Member Posts: 5
    Susan,

Which dealership is that? Multiple matches came up.
    I live in Austin, TX and there is only one dealership here and they
    really don't do any negotiating, at most they will do is $1000 off the MSRP.

Thanks!
    JM Lexus on the east coast of FL, they will do the deal over the internet for below invoice pricing and ship it to you. :shades:
  • cha2cha2 Member Posts: 13
    Anyone aware of Chicago area or Midwest Lexus dealers who will negotiate on a new 2011 RX 350 under invoice?
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    Do you have to pay for shipping? and do they ship it to your home?
    You can buy the car over the internet, the price at JM Lexus is under invoice and yes you do have to pay for shipping put the price of the vehicle is well worth the trouble. This is the best time of the year to buy a new car! Know your prices, no haggling :shades:
  • gtracer1gtracer1 Member Posts: 5
    So I gave JM Lexus a try and it's a no go. Their first offer was $160 below MSRP, so after adding in my shipping cost, it's actually more than the MSRP.
    I told the rep I thought this dealership's policy is hassle free buying experience and he gave me the usual "it's supply and demand" speech. He asked me to submit my counter offer. If I want to play this game, I'm going to play it with my local dealership and don't have to pay to shipping. JM Lexus may have given a great deal in the past but I wouldn't recommend anyone wasting their time dealing with them now. :(
    Good luck hunting your RX, as I'm still looking for mine!
  • cantonercantoner Member Posts: 1
    What is your status of buying RX350?
    I am in Detroit area and I am ready to buy a very basic RX 350 AWD, Satin Cashmere Metalic + Parchment. My traget is $600 below invoice. Is it feasible?
  • curious_alexcurious_alex Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Dealer is offering a CPO 2010 RX350 AWD Base w/ Premium Pkg, Backup camera [23] integrated into inside rearview mirror, Heated and ventilated front seats. It has 49,500 miles on it. The sale price is USD 35,000 excluding tax and fees.

Is this a good price? I test drove it and felt in love but not sure if the price is legit for this mileage and features the car has.

Please advice.

Alex
  • curious_alexcurious_alex Member Posts: 2
    Dealer is lowering price to $33.5 excluding tags, fees and taxes. Is this a good deal?
  • sc_rxsc_rx Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I was wondering what kind of pricing are you guys getting for 2012 RX350. Best quote i got so far is 1k over invoice. Is this a good price? Should i wait until December? Any info. or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I do not think this is the best time to buy especially in Ca, dealers are short on inventory and the 2012 msrp with typical options is around 48k. They are not willing to come down. These cars use to sell in the low 40s but now this is difficult. I am going to wait until I see inventory back up hopefully by end of year and take advantage of December to Remember. I am in no hurry
  • grossiegrossie Member Posts: 41
    The wife & I just picked up one of the last 2011s in Chicagoland. MSRP was $45550, leased it with a cap cost of about $42k. I had dealt with a bunch of dealerships looking for this car and basically no one else had a 2011. While they were willing to deal somewhat on the 2012s ($2k-$3k under MSRP) the financing isn't there yet on the 2012s, that is that Lexus finance isn't subsidizing these in any way right now so the money factor is high and the residual is low. For tax reasons it makes the most sense to lease this, which is why we went with the 2011 on a lease.

Thanks to all who posted info, it was helpful going into negotiations.
  • de0riginalde0riginal Member Posts: 6
    Hi

Well, I went to two deals over the weekend. One offered $700 MSRP and the other $400 off MSRP..Im located in boston,ma. I guess no one is in a rush to sell since the 2012 just arrived.
    What was your MF, residual and payment?
  • carguyvacarguyva Member Posts: 3
    After talking to these two guys, I was able to purchase a 2012 RX350 AWD for $44,500. Options included Navigation, Premium, Comfort, Parking Assist, Wood Trim, 12 Speaker Audio, Crossbars & Accessories (Cargo Mat/Net & Wheel Locks). MSRP was $49,619. Not too shabby right? :)

I was offered a similar 2011 without Parking Assist for $42,900 but it wasn't the right color combo and figured the 2012 was worth the difference.
    Not too bad at all...brand new 2012 just released for under invoice..can't do much better than that. did u go with the guy from lindsay lexus?
    would you share the dealer & agent?
    I understand the 2012 RX 350 now uses reg gas.
    It appears that the HP has been reduced 5 to 270 & torque - 9 @ 248. This MUST impact performance. I also am curious if the engine is as smooth as the previous 2011.
    Anyone with any thoughts or comments? Any other changes in 2012?
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, same guy from Lindsay Lexus in VA. I didn't disclose this forum to him so he was still clueless as to which forums these referrals are coming from but he's happy with all the business it's brought him. This dealership seems to push more volume compared to the others in the area. Not too much haggling to get this price either. Just a solid commitment to buy and he was okay with it. The initial offer from him after telling him of your dealings was $44,300 for a 2011. After that car was sold, I moved interest to a 2012 and was offered $44,900 a with an MSRP of $49,300.
    You're not going to feel a 5hp reduction or 9 in torque. If you are, you're lying to yourself. The upside is using regular gas. I lucked out in price so it was a no brainer in choosing a 2012.
    I don't disagree.
    However, I am not concerned with a relatively insignificant savings for reg as opposed to premium. If the 2011 is smoother than the 2012, I would opt for the 2011. Just my preference. I know 2011s are hard to find.
    Kindly share your recent experience with your new purchase.
    BTW: nice ride
  • btownnorbtownnor Member Posts: 3
    Hi - I just got this from JM Lexus. Doesn't seem like much of a bargain to me

RX350 2012 - MSRP - 2012 RX350 All wheel drive with navigation, $50,000 MSRP selling price $46,000

The MSRP seem actually high as well. AWD, Navigation, Leather, Back-up camera, etc.

I would think I could get what I want for $44,000. Anyone know what the money factor is right now? I may have to wait till December to purchase on 12/31 :)

Does Lindsay in VA give better deals?

Is it too soon to start looking?
  • lagvoidlagvoid Member Posts: 7
    Do you mind referring me to your car salesman? I also heard Lindsay was better than the other dealers in the area.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jaezirojaeziro Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2011
    I am also in South Florida and shopping for 2012 RX350. got an internet quote from Lexus Pembroke Pines for $45,000 FW/nav/premium.

Is this a good price?
  • avmbaavmba Member Posts: 27
    Anyone have an idea of what the going rate is for 2012s in the Southwest/West? Here in PHX the best I've been able to do thus far is $1000 over invoice for a 2012. Curious if folks in CA or elsewhere out west are having better luck.

thx
    I am here in Bay Area ca, and dealers are giving me 200-500 over invoice. I can even do better, because inventory is building up after the 40% output increase for the Canada Plant. I want to pay Invoice only here.

In Arizona I guess you should do better, just because the economy their is bad, I was in Scottsdale AZ last week and the town is dead, Bars are serving Gray Goose for $5, unheard of. Very inexpensive place to live. I would go for Invoice or 100 above only. Just go to dealer with inventory and I recommend calling the internet dpt and wast time with Sales people because they get paid on Margin.
    Invoice for Rx350 2012 AWD is $44281 for the premium 48K MSRP.
    So I would pay that. There is a huge incentive for dealers to push these cars, they are calling me every day.
    Anyone in VA can provide input, you are very close to Canada where these cars are being built.
    Does anyone know the rebate on the Christmas Lexus Sale.
    Should we expect 2500 rebate or less?
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Google Lexus December To Remember Sale Pricing to see typical incentives from previous years.

Pete :)
    I tried to google and found nothing
    Lexus does not put these deals online, typically you have to go to dealer for these specials. So if you went to dealer around Dec last year the will tell you the special of that year.
    I got 110,000 results in 0.23 seconds! Previous year's offers will give you an idea what might be expected, but no one knows in advance what it might actually be, if any.

Pete,
    Since you are an expert in Google search, what information you got on rebate from your 110,000 results?

Are you a car Salesman working for Lexus dealer?
    Read through some of the links, it will give you a feel for what to expect; be patient you may need to spend a few minutes. And no, I am not a car salesman nor do I have any connection whatever with Lexus. Just a very satisfied owner of my second RX.

• avatarblavatarbl Member Posts: 1
    Hi ab10000, I am too in the bay area and looking for a RX350. Would you mind sharing the dealer information? The dealer I am talking to is asking for 1k above invoice.