Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• johnny98johnny98 Member Posts: 88
    $2400 for options sounds like a lot. Do you really need all that stuff? What is the price break down for each part? You can probably save money by buying on EBay and installing yourself.
  • lucanautlucanaut Member Posts: 10
    Very true. I actually listed all that stuff at the dealership so they'd give me prices for each one to take home and re-evaluate. For example, I know I don't want/need the parking assist, etc.

breakdown as follows:
    Wood Grain - steering wheel: $202 (inc. installation)
    Wood grain - trim panel: $147 (inc. installation)
    Cargo net - $43
    Cargo Liner $ 170.20
    Cargo Tray $110.60
    Back up sensors (inc. attachment and install) $671.50
    Wheel locks $ 82.50
    Trailer hitch $ 532.20 (incl. installation)

Not too sure on the difference between a cargo tray and the cargo liner??
  • hdogdadhdogdad Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased in Northern California RDX base $31,495 including destination.
    That's before taxes and fees?

Once weeding out unnecessary stuff, we end up with Tech, wheel locks, trailer hitch, for a grand total of $37K (including destination, title, and taxes). Seems reasonable?
  • ursamajor1ursamajor1 Member Posts: 39
    Hdogdad, that's not bad, $275 over invoice. Which dealer did you buy from? Did you solicit quotes from other dealers up there?
    Niello Acura in Sacramento. I did not solicit other dealers. Very easy transaction, no pressure. Deal done in 1 hour. Gary was the salesman.
  • dishwash42dishwash42 Member Posts: 89
    I do not think it is a good idea to get all of those dealer extras (e.g. wood grain, liner, tray). These items are where the dealer makes their most money. Most of them can be had on ebay and installed yourself for pennies on the dollar. Further, these goodies do not and i repeat do not add resale value to the car.
  • tbone12tbone12 Member Posts: 2
    Was at the Chicago Auto Show and started thinking about the RDX. The Auto Show website has RDX offers for base at $30,600. Awesome deal!

However, I am moving to CO from Chicago and I don't want to pay taxes twice, so I will wait to purchase when I move in June.

Here is a link to their RDX (Arlington Acura in Palatine, IL) priced just over $30K. Great price for this car!

http://www.drivechicago.com/heart.php?setsub=3725&vehicle_id=262339&passed_make=- Acura

(if the link doesn't work, go to www.drivechicago.com and search for Acura RDX).

Since Acura isn't hitting targets on the RDX, they are offering deals, which I believe is a first for Acura. Incentives weren't in the Acura dialogue a year or two ago.
  • ezatnovaezatnova Member Posts: 4
    Just paid under $300 over invoice for base RDX. Woot. :)
  • pvanderpvander Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any first-hand experience driving in snowy weather? I live in the north where driving in snow is a big factor. I am currently driving an 05 4Runner which has been excellent in the snow. Thanks!
  • fourminefourmine Member Posts: 16
    My first winter with the RDX,,,no problems.
  • dlrsnitemaredlrsnitemare Member Posts: 3
    Nicely done!!
  • dlrsnitemaredlrsnitemare Member Posts: 3
    OUCH!!!
  • aaronv88aaronv88 Member Posts: 3
    I want to know if anyone from the atlanta area purches the rdx with tech for? I am ready to get one within 2 weeks. Please inform me about the fees and how much they are charging. thanks
  • rrkdrrkd Member Posts: 1
    Looking for RDX base. what's the best we can get?
    Oh well, what are you going to do. I got what I think is a good deal in the end ($35K with tech pkg, tow pkg, wheel locks), and after the price was agreed upon, I got them to tint the windows at no extra cost. But what do I know.
  • rdx2008rdx2008 Member Posts: 4
    dishwash42, you are absolutely hilarious. I was laughing out loud while reading your post :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    What brand of cigarette?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Wife and I went to Houston area Acura dealer today to purchase 2008 RDX Base (Polished Metal Metalic). We have been doing internet research for months and we have a good sense of what price is fair. We offered $30,800 (including destination). Immediately after seeing our offer, the salesman looks up at us, walks over to me and slaps me across the face. Then he lifts the back of my wife's chair, dumping her out and onto the floor. He then scampers outside and lights up a cigarette. We were mortified. I am considering writing a letter to Acura about this treatment. Could somebody tell me if my offer was so low that I deserved that treatment? We were planning to ask them to throw in a roof rack for free but we never got to that point in the negotiatios.
    Red Apple brand cigarettes
    thanks.... i guess. the other patrons in the dealership were laughing as well. it was quite embarrassing.
  • topspin628topspin628 Member Posts: 373
    I just picked up a base RDX in the NY area for the following lease deal:

36 mos
    0 Down
    Drive off of first payment and DMV
    15K miles per year
    Tax in payment
    477 per month

The lease was calculated on invoice plus about 200 dollars.
    I hope that is helpful.
    Car did great in this am snow storm.
  • resilientresilient Member Posts: 8
    The Acura dealership in my area (Western WA) quoted $32k for a 07 pre-owned RDX with 14k miles, no extras. I'm passing.

Now I'm considering the MDX.
  • buzzhdbuzzhd Member Posts: 39
    which dealer did you go to?

Any idea how much will be the insurance premium? I guess we have to buy full coverage, right. thanks.
    $31,495 base model before tax and fees but including destination. Turns out it included mudflaps,wheel locks, and cargo tray.
  • topspin628topspin628 Member Posts: 373
    I got mine from Acura of Wantagh (on Long Island). I didn't check on insurance premium. You will need some type of minimum coverage per the lease agreement. To me it was never any different than the type of coverage I would get whether I was leasing or buying. If you go there, ask for Tim. He was very straight forward with no "games". He gave me that price with very little negotiating and I picked up the car with no "surprises". Just tell him that you want to the standard Acura lease deal and you want it calculated on a car at invoice plus about 200 dollars. Good luck.
  • hirenmhirenm Member Posts: 7
    Just wanted to share.. I bought my RDX for (Invoice -150) + TTLDD from Lexus of Naperville. I was getting better quotes from Woodfield Acura, Ed Napleton etc ranging upto (Invoice - 350/400), but ended up buying from local dealer. They also put in mud-guards and $50 rewards card for servicing, but I would have preferred lesser car price.
  • ceejay5ceejay5 Member Posts: 1
    I'm new here and just purchased my RDX over the weekend. I got an 07 with Technology for $26988 and it is Acura certified. Traded an 04 Jeep Wrangler so I am thrilled with all the bells and whistles. So far I just love it.
  • jmpage2jmpage2 Member Posts: 268
    Not sure if you are serious or not, but if that had actually happened I would expect you to have the common sense to immediately get the owner/manager out there to explain the treatment you got.

The offer you indicated is about -300 from invoice. With dealer holdback the dealer would still be technically be making a profit but not much of one.

RDX is still a slow seller in most markets and apparently invoice deals or invoice +2% shouldn't be too difficult to get.

At the end of the day it's not always about getting the best deal but what your time/effort is worth. I will gladly pay a few hundred more for a vehicle at a dealership that treats me right and that I will get good service from after the sale, but hey, that's me.
    Assuming this is true, I'd be curious to know which dealerships these are. There are only a handful in the Houston area.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    ..is on the phone for you guys... :P

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

He is definitely serious! A similar thing happened to me, when I offered 500 under invoice. They said they could do it, but they would have to kill my dog. I love the dog a lot, so, we went to the next dealer and paid a little over invoice, but not much.
  • ajv3ajv3 Member Posts: 5
    When you said Lexus of Naperville did you mean Continental Acura of Naperville?
  • hirenmhirenm Member Posts: 7
    You are right..I meant Continental Acura of Naperville. ...seems I cant edit my earlier post
  • vudvud Member Posts: 2
    Lucanaut - these stories are definitiely true, I think I went to the same dealership. I offered more than 1,000 under invoice (I didn't know what the invoice price was at the time). He demanded my first born child or 10 lashings. We haggled for a while and he agreed to let me keep my first born son, but he would take my second child whether or not it was a boy or girl. Car buying is tough these days, you really need to bargain with them.
    Wow, that is crazy! I bet it was the same salesman that I had though. He drives a hard bargain, but, if you let him slap you and your wife around, sacrifice your dog, child, etc, you can cut a REALLY good deal there.
    Just to be clear, the salesman did not slap my wife around; he only slapped me. He lifted the back of my wife's chair, dumping her to the ground.

I contacted Acura headquarters about the incident and they encouraged me to return to the dealership and speak to the General Manager. I am going there this Saturday and I will let you all know how I make out. I may yet buy the RDX, but I hope I don't get beaten up in the process. My cousin Ralph and his friend Anthony (aka "Fat Tony") will be accompanying me in case they try anything funny this time.
  • waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Now that's it's March 1, what are the best deals that can be had on an RDX relative to invoice? At, just over, or below? By how much? How aggressive are the dealers dealing?

I'm in Arizona, and looking at an RDX AWD with Technology.
    I have one offer via a-mail for a 2008 RDX AWD w/Technology for $34,729, including destination, which is $300 over invoice. This dealer also has a $388 doc fee, and an accessory package added for $1,069 that includes Body Side Molding, All Season Floor Mats, Door Edge Guards, Window Tint, and Wheel Locks. I will offer $200 like I usually do for the accessory package to cover the tint cost; otherwise, that's all markup to me.

Back to $300 over invoice...is that good these days on an RDX?

Does anybody know what the holdback is on these vehicles?

Thanks again!
  • veronica0511veronica0511 Member Posts: 7
    Looking for assistance with fixing scratches to the plastic bumper. It seems that drivers either don't know how to park their cars or like to kiss my rear end. How can you not see a gray SUV in front of you? Does Acura make any special paint or coating to repair the scratches? That's what I get for buying a new car...... :(
    Ok guys, here's what happened this weekend:

Read earlier post to find out how my wife and I were manhandled at the Acura dealership.

I had called the Acura headquarters and talked to several customer relations supervisors and upper management types. They apologized for the incident and assured me that we would not be subject to similar treatment again.

So this saturday my wife and I returned to the Acura dealership (along with my cousin Ralph and his friend Anthony (aka "Fat Tony)). Sure enough, as soon as I stepped out of my car I saw the same salesman who assaulted us during our previous visit. He must have recognized me and/or was off his proverbial meds, because he makes a fist and punches it several times into his open palm, the whole time staring right at me in a threatening manner. Unfazed, my wife and I walked straight into the showroom and (as instructed) into the General Manager's office. He apologizes for the salesman's previous antics and he agrees to sell us the RDX for $30,500. He also agrees to throw in the roof rack, all-weather floor mats, and an Acura rear bumper aplique for no charge. So 1 hour 20 minutes later we drive off in our new 2008 Acura RDX base model (polished metal metallic with taupe interior). Ralph, Tony, and my wife drive back in our old Mazda and I take the RDX. I punched the turbo and kick in the paddle shifting - awesome ride!

In summary, I was slapped in the face and my wife was dumped out of her chair at the dealership during our negotiations for the RDX. We did not let this experience discourage us and a few weeks later we returned to the same dealership and sealed the deal. Now we are in possession of one sweet ride and at a great price to boot.
  • rgustafsrgustafs Member Posts: 35
    Deal completed at Radley Acura in Falls Curch, VA this morning. A young man with the initials K.L. was the sales person. He is beyond great as was the finance manager I worked with.

Pohanka Acura emailed this morning to offer $500 less, but I was already over at Radley.

Deal at Radley was as follows:

10k/36 mo lease
    Car price: $34,000
    Taxes and fees: $2,189 (consists of 385 doc fee, 3% VA tax, 58.45 dealer biz tax,, 10 for nv/hrta licensing fee, 10 online filing fee, 89 license fee, 10 title fee)
    Residual $19,287.30 (53%)
    MF .0009
    No cap cost reductions; only paid first month
    Payments $504.90

Additionally, they gave me one free year of scheduled maintence and lifetime VA inspections. I feel pretty good about it.

Sure I could have balked at the biz fee and the two other random $10 fees, but I was over it by the time I arrived to sign the paperwork this morning.

Hope this helps some of you as much as you have helped me.
  • veronica0511veronica0511 Member Posts: 7
    There was a documentation fee and titling fee. Besides taxes that was it. What do you mean by protection package? Warranty? I bought a warranty but I would have on any new car since I keep my vehicles longer than most people. Hope this helps.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    This is a joke, right? Did you really get slapped in the face and then return to the dealer to buy the car?

So you got assaulted and humiliated on your first visit. Upon your return, the salesman makes more threatening gestures. Then you get him back by buying a car from his dealership? You really showed him by scooping up those free floor mats, bumper sticker and roof rack! The $50 he made on your "mini-deal" will only buy him a couple cases of Heineken, but you can bet he'll be laughing in that beer.

Make sure the service manager throws you a good beating when you go in for your first scheduled service so that you can get a half-price oil change and free tire rotation!

Please tell me this is really a joke and I'm missing it because I'm tired...
    Alas, it is not a joke. But the thing is, we really really had our hearts set on the RDX and were willing to endure that treatment given the great deal we got. Would we have liked to have not gotten slapped around in the showroom? Sure. But did we want to pay MSRP or hundreds over invoice? No way.

You may disagree with my decision but I am happy with it and that's what counts.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Really though, are you speaking figuratively when you say they slapped you around and dumped your wife out of her chair? There's got to be a punch line like: We drove that RDX right through their showroom window and laughed about the rubber check we wrote them for the car! Then "Fat Tony" sat on the salesman while Ralphie made him eat the all-season floor mats!

Some car salesman hit me and dumped my wife on the floor, the only thing he'd be selling is pencils from a little cup while gliding around Times Square in his wheel chair.

I'm sorry, I've got anger management issues. No offense to you. As long as you're happy, I guess that's what matters. Good luck with the RDX.
    Can we get back to the pricing discussion, and away from all the fantasy B.S.? I'm really surprised about the lack of dialog on this...I just purchased an Infiniti G35 for my wife, and there is 20x the level of activity in that forum, and much detailed discussion about pricing, deals, discount levels, etc.
  • fourminefourmine Member Posts: 16
    Just a little brevity, Waltaz.
    I'm actually surprised that someone didn't ask if the incident was for real sooner!!
    Too funny, Vinny.

I'm lovin' my RDX!!
    The incident was absolutely for real. I have the slap mark on my face to prove it. It's not a big deal. We offered a low ball price and quickly found that out. It all worked out in the end since we have the car that we wanted.
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    Too bad you didn't wait until today as you could have got the deal without the insult. I got an offer this morning from a dealer for an RDX wTECH on a lease in NJ at $60 less than on Saturday or about $1000 under invoice with a MF of .00072. After three months my waiting has paid off.
    And its a good thing you realized right away that you got slapped. I've been slapped by car salesmen in the past and it took me months to realize it.