Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

Comments

• spaceman210spaceman210 Member Posts: 50
    Anaheim CA dealer markup is about $2300 for the aqua color Outlander. What a joke. :mad:
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Orders don't equal sales

Oh they don't? what happened to the ordered vehicles then? rot in the dealers lot? What's the point in ordering so many vehicles if you can't sell it? I don't think Mitsu is that dumb not to figure that one out.

Mitsubishi manufactured 8500 cars here and imported 6000 from Japan in November, but sales are only running about 9000 per month

So what's your point?

It doesn't help Mitsubishi if the increase in Outlander sales is being matched by a corresponding decrease in Endeavor sales.

But if overall sales figures are high because of the Outlander, that wouldn't matter.
    Is that markup over MSRP? :surprise: Some dealers are too greedy!! :mad:
  • ken4nyken4ny Member Posts: 40
    I had some bad experience with my first 2 dealers also. The first one was Hempstead Mitsubishi in NY which located 6 miles away from my home. They had the loaded AWD XLS in stock. When I sat down with the manager. He said that it's a very hot car so there's no deal. If I want it, I have to pay full MSRP. I got up and left. As when I was walking out of the door, he came and said that maybe we can work something out. I kept walking without turning back. With that kind of sale practice, I didn't think I can get a good deal at all. :mad:
    My 2nd dealer was Five Town Mitsubishi which is 7 miles away. When I called them, they didn't have the loaded AWD XLS in stock. I told them the option packages and the color that I want and call me when they got one. The dealer call me 2 weeks later and said they have one in stock now. So I went there after work. It was loaded alright but not the color that I wanted. I wanted a silver one but it was in aqua. It was on Friday, 8 p. m. and at the end of November. The manager offered me $28,800 which is $560 less than invoice. But the catch was that I have to buy the car and take it home that night. It wasn't the color that my wife and I agreed on. I told them that I had to go home and talk to my wife about the color first. I went back to the dealer few days later with my wife. She didn't like the color but would be OK if I really want it since I will be the one driving the car. She's driving a 2006 Toyota Sienna minivan I'm driving a 1993 Accord. The Outlander is for me :shades: I told the salesman that I'll take the car. A new manager came over when I sat down. He said that the previous manager was fired. He won't give me the same deal. He wanted a full MSRP and so I left.
    I called my third dealer La Sorsa Mitsubishi in Bronx, NY which is 28 miles away. I asked them if they have loaded XLS in stock and they said yes. When I got there, they had few loaded 2WD XLS, not AWD. The salesman said that he can sale me a AWD XLS for $28,950 with the color that I want. Which is about $35 over invoice. But, I have to put a $500 down so that he can reserve the car from the next shipment coming in January. Of cause the $500 will be deducted from the total price. He will not try to get the car from other dealers because if he does that, other dealers might want a cut also. So I pay the $500 and still waiting for the delivery. :sick:
    The good thing is I heard some known miner problems with some cars of first shipment. Like, front end knocks, door rattle sound and wind noise. I hope these problems might be fixed with the second shipment. ;) The bad thing was I missed a good deal with my second dealer when I didn't make the decision right away.
  • dave82dave82 Member Posts: 43
    But if overall sales figures are high because of the Outlander, that wouldn't matter.

Do the math. Mitsubishi sales are down another 6% this year, and close to 70% the past three years. Citing company press releases that always paint rosy pictures doesn't change the bottom line.
    It is still a good deal. Don't fret on the minor issues, I have both and if you ask me if I'd buy one again with those issues, I would. You can't go wrong with this SUV. Balance and handling is great, especially when you drive on highway high speeds. Handles more like a car than an SUV. :shades:
    Thanks, I still feel sorry that I didn't buy the car when I could have had it for $500 under invoice. It wasn't the color I want but I could live with aqua. :(
  • mictramictra Member Posts: 11
    Why did you choose to go to the Bronx on the third try? What about Wantagh or Manhasset Mitsubishi?
    I called for availability. They said they have it in stock but only 2WD when I got there.
  • mictramictra Member Posts: 11
    I was driving around last nigh while my son was napping before a long new years eve night. I stopped at Wantagh but it was closed but I did see a fully loaded black XLS. I guess I'm not sure if it was AWD. I made a deal at the end of November. He called a day later and told me he can't find it and I would have to wait. I still have time on my montero lease so I'm in no hurry. I was told they did a port swap for the car and it should be in sometime around 8th, 9th or 10th.
    I guess I'm not sure if it was AWD

To know quickly if it's a 4WD or not, look in the rear. At the lower right edge of the rear glass, there should be a "4WD" decal if it's 4wd. If there no decal, it's 2wd.
    I already put down a deposit. I'm expecting delivery in January. Probably around the same time. :)
  • madisonminimadisonmini Member Posts: 11
    I had a bad experience with a dealer in Chicago recently. Drove 120 miles because they said had a AWD XLS with everything (including DVD) in stock in my color. Got down there, and they said, "Oh, we'll have it ready by next week." Fine I said, but I was not happy. I wanted to trade in my 2001 Suzuki XL-7, KBB value 5600-6500, I told them I wanted 6000.

After an hour, of increasing their bids by 100, I walked out the door when they stopped at 5900. The salesman actually ran out and knocked on my window as my car was pulling away to offer me that amount. I continued to drive off and muted my phone as the continued to call.

Drove back to Madison, WI...showed the my Suzuki. The didn't even ask my what I wanted, they offered $7000 for my trade in and will have my exact car by Jan 25th. It really pays to shop around.

I'm paying MSRP, it's hard to haggle on a car that's hard to come buy and that you're ordering. Kind of like when I ordered my Mini Cooper. But I'm happy with the final result.

If anyone wants to know who the dealer in Chicago is, let me know. I didn't think those kind of antics happened any more.
  • mrmister2000mrmister2000 Member Posts: 86
    They misquoted the price by $3,000 and tried to push a car with 2500 miles on it as new? It's too bad. The Cherry Hill dealership is the closest one to me... but from the posts it sounds like they might not be the best people to try and do business with. Either way it looks like I won't be in the market to lease an Outlander for a few more months a the least, so at least it gives me some time to do some comparison shopping.
    Wow, this dealership sounds really bad. I'm glad that a few of you have come forth with your experiences with them... they sound truly sleazy and seem like a good representation of the typical "car salesman" stereotype.
  • goindimongoindimon Member Posts: 9
    Want to know if I am getting a good deal or not.

XLS 4WD with Luxury, DVD Entertainment and Sun and Sound for 28,464 before taxes. Black with Beige int.
  • suv4betsysuv4betsy Member Posts: 38
    I've contacted 3 dealerships in Seattle area, all out of stock on XLS until mid-late January. I've been told that the first shipments of the XLS flew out the doors, had seen lots of TV ads. ..waiting..
    XLS 4WD with Luxury, DVD Entertainment and Sun and Sound for 28,464 before taxes. Black with Beige int.

How much with the Navi thrown in? Or is it available at all in your area? I think you can get all three factory options for 29,500 or less. 28,464 for the 2 factory options is more or less Edmund's TMV price, but I think you can still shop around for a better deal. If you can get it at 28,000 that would be a good deal. If you can wait a little bit and shop around more, I think that'll save you a few hundred bucks.
    RCPAX,

I am getting 3 packages (Luxury, DVD Entertainment and Sun and Sound) not 2 the Edmunds Invoice price is 28140 and my price was 28, 464. Should I still shop around? Thx
  • solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    I figure you should be paying around 29,400...

I'd take that deal....
    Oh that's the Rear SEat Entertainment system you got as the 3rd package. Well, that price sounds good to me. Good deal. :) So the RSE comes pre-built in the vehicle or is the dealer going to install it after?
    THE RSE will be installed after but will be the factory version. No charge for the install. Thanks for the input all, I hope the financing is still available. Great N.J. saleman (friend of my cousin), let me know if anyone needs his name, very up front. ;)
  • mucoolmucool Member Posts: 24
    I think its a good deal. I got my 2WD XLS with Nav , Sun & Sound and Luxury package for $300 above Edmund Invoice in Houston,TX. The original offer was $100 above invoice, but I needed a different color and I needed the SUV that time itself (before Thanksgiving weekend)so ended up paying additional $200 for a dealer swap etc.
  • ljc0810ljc0810 Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys! Anyone here from within the Detroit area who has bought the Outlander? This SUV is on the top of my list and I'm looking into buying one within the month. Any help or info regarding prices paid and from which dealer would be highly appreciated. Thanks! :)
  • pennoutpennout Member Posts: 3
    I just accepted delivery on a XLS 4WD with S&S, LUX and NAVI on Wednesday. Final cost was $28,260 before tags/taxes. After looking at the CX-7 and RDX, I am satisfied with my choice and enjoying the vehicle.
    Is destination charge included? If it is, then it's a great price. You pay $300 under invoice. Congrat! Post some pics.
  • pennoutpennout Member Posts: 3
    Sorry about leaving out any details--I didn't want to appear misleading so I went back to check my BOS...total price does include destination charge but also reflects the $500 "loyalty discount". As soon as figure out how to post pictures, I upload some to the forum. In the meantime, very busy reading the MCCS manual, loading CDs into the music server and building my phonebook!
    Kabayan, hope you find a good deal. Take time to shop around. Most deals in this forum are at/close to invoice. Hope you get one at that price too. :)
  • aquaman1aquaman1 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in purchasing a 2WD 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS with Nav, Sun & Sound, and Luxury package. I'm in the Los Angeles area.

What would be considered a good price for the car. Per Edmunds website, MSRP is $29,255 and Invoice is $27,277.

Any advice and also anyone know any good dealers? I was looking at the RDX but it doesn't have a third row, it doesn't have a touch screen Nav, and it also doesn't have a music server.

Any help would be great!!!!!
  • ljc0810ljc0810 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Kabayan!
    Yup, I'll be taking my time to shop around. Although I haven't seen any '07 Outlanders here on the roads around Detroit, I'm assuming there are a couple in the dealerships :)
  • ghettofabulousghettofabulous Member Posts: 15
    Miller Mitsubishi in Van Nuys.
    I think someone is editing our messages. I look back to my old messages and the figures were different than I first posted. Did someone changed it?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    No one can edit your message. You have 30 minutes to edit it yourself, then it is set in stone..

A host can delete your message completely, or move it to a different forum, but they don't have the ability to edit.

Hope this helps,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• goheels2003goheels2003 Member Posts: 5
    interested to know what you've paid for 2007 LS AWD or FWD models.
  • djlonodjlono Member Posts: 11
    How much you've paid for 2007 ES model?

Any help would be great!
  • gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    2007 Outlander 25th Anniversary Bonus Limited Offer
    Mitsubishi is celebrating our 25th Anniversary in the United States and we'd like to share it with you. You can take home a 2007 Outlander ES for $19,990, $1380 off of MSRP ($21,370) after applying the 25th Anniversary Bonus. This is a limited availability offer, so contact your Mitsubishi dealer now. Retailer price, terms, and vehicle availability may vary. See participating retailer for more details.

http://mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/specialoffers.do?loc=en-us
  • pauld37pauld37 Member Posts: 14
    The post above mentions an ES with the "rebate", from MSRP. You would want to work from invoice price minus the "rebate".

As an examples, I paid $21,900 wo tax&tags, for a 2WD, XLS. It is the base XLS with no added packages.
    Wow, XLS 2WD base for $400 below invoice?! (assuming delivery charge is not included in your $21.9). where (city) did you get your deal?
  • pauld37pauld37 Member Posts: 14
    I bought it in the Phila area. It was at the end of Nov. Dealer was VERY anxious to sell. Started at 750 below invoice, ended up $1000 below invoice. Yes, it included delivery charge.

I had shopped around in the area and had competing offers. They wanted the business, they met the offers. In the end they were unfamiliar with the ordering of autos with certain options. To make it up to me, they increased the below invoice price as well as increasing the trade-in value of my minivan by $750.
  • bimmer_girlbimmer_girl Member Posts: 19
    I'm so sorry to post this in this topic, but nobody seems to want to answer my question in the Outlander Leasing topic. :cry:

I'm being offered invoice price on a 2007 Outlander with Navigation package, Sun & Sound, and Luxury. I'm going to lease for 36 months and after a lot of haggling, i've got it to $1000 down and $295/month. Good deal, or no? I don't care about the remaining amount at the end of the lease as I will not likely be purchasing the vehicle at term end.
  • dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    You do care about the residual value since it impacts your monthly payments big time.
    Hi Bimmer Girl. It's nice to know that there are actually other people out there who are planning on leasing. I've left a reply to you in the leasing thread.
    Hi all,
    Just purchased a Black 07 XLS with beige leather interior, S&S package and Bluetooth (only, deducted the cost of the fog lights because it was std on the XLS) for 29353 before (TTL) fees. Reason I went for the NAV page was because I wanted the touch screen option, gave up the 6 disc cd for 1 cd and the 30 gig harddrive (over 1200+ songs) will more than compensate for the 6 cd's. Also found out that the DVD allowed for a future addition of a monitir connection for the rear or 2 on the head rest for alot less than the Rear entertainment package. $382/mo financed for 3.9%/48 months. :)
  • mitsmanmitsman Member Posts: 1
    Hey goheels

You still in the market for a new outlander?????
  • clutchguy77clutchguy77 Member Posts: 25
    I recently purchased a XLS fully loaded (Sun and Sound, Luxery, and Nav)for $31,300. This included tax, title, and a dealer installed trailer hitch. It does pay to shop around as the one i purchased (Appleton, WI) was $1500 less than in Green Bay.

Haven't taken delivery yet.....sometime at the end of the month. Can't wait!! :)
    Yes.
    clutchguy, what's the breakout for the trailer hitch with installation? Also, any radiator or transmission cooling mods needed?
  • clutchguy77clutchguy77 Member Posts: 25
    I think it was something like $300 installed. Nothing else needed as the XLS has a 2000 or 3500 pound towing capability...I don't remember which.
  • missvicmissvic Member Posts: 6
    hope this comes out right first time posting a msg. I live in Canada and one of our dealers (Vancouver)brough a 2007 outlander up from USA. Right now i drive a 2003 mustang GT with leather and full load. I test drove the Mitsu and loved the look feel and power it had. The leather to me was of good quality ( better than the 03 mustang ) I thought the interior was better than the rav4, santafe, cx7, tribute and crv. I ordered first run for feb 2007. full load even has heated mirrors. 3 rd row seats not very usefull but will work in a pinch. I din't have high exspectations but hubby told me to test drive it. It dos't look or feel like a minivan( bin there done that) I need a sporty cars that is multi use. So glad i din't buy the 2006 outlander.
  • dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    Are you sure it has heated mirrors? This feature is not listed in the US specs. Hopefully they will make it standard on the Canadian specs, however you mentioned that your Mitsu dealer brought the vehicle from south of the border.