Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

NFL Football

rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
My Lions got smoked by the Eagles yesterday. :cry:

I was glad the Cowboys, kicked the snot out of the Bears though.

T.O. proved to the world why he is the greatest WR, playing today ;)

-Rocky

Comments

• okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    acorrding to the CHIEFS being lucky is better than being good.
  • fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Doubling your Lions embarrassment is being beaten by a team in such God awful uniforms.

Those throwback Eagles uniforms should have been thrown away!

Meanwhile, what a second half by the Giants! If they could play that way all the time they'd be fine. I'm not really expecting much this year.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    I'm not really expecting much this year.

Yeah I wouldn't either as the Cowboys, have y'alls division locked up. :P

-Rocky
    :shades:

-Rocky
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Just read a very interesting article in USA Today. It deals with a 9 year old boy. Seems that he wants to "divorce" his parents because they "beat" him all the time. The judge in a lower court removed him from his parents house a little over a year ago because his parents beat him constantly. The boy was then placed with an aunt. However, his aunt beat him on a weekly basis also.

Now, the 9 year old is before the Supreme Court. The judges have recommended that he be placed in foster care, but the boy is fighting that. He says he want to be placed with someone that he KNOWS will never beat him. The judges told him that they would monitor him on a monthly basis to make sure he is not beaten while in foster care. The boy has come up with an alternative plan. He has asked the judges to NOT put him in foster care; rather, he would like to live with the St. Louis Rams, because they NEVER beat anyone. The judges are taking his idea into consideration.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Kirstie,

That was a very funny but SICK joke !!!! :P

-Rocky
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    Ah yes, what comes with not winning a game? The jokes

Heard over the PA system after half time at a Rams games

"WILL THE PARENTS OF THE PUNT, PASS, AND KICK COMPETITORS PLEASE GET YOUR CHILDREN OFF THE FIELD. THEY ARE BEATING THE RAMS 17-3.

Or
    The Seven Dwarfs were marching through the forest one day they fell in a deep, dark ravine. Snow White, who was following along, peered over the edge of the steep chasm and called out to the fallen dwarfs. From the depths of the dark hole a voice returned, "The Rams are Super Bowl contenders."
    Snow White thought to herself, "Thank God... at least Dopey's survived!"

Then there is always

Why are the Rams like a possum?
    Because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.

And my personal favorite

One day in an elementary school in St louis, a teacher asks her class if the Rams are their favorite football team. The whole class says yes, except for Little Jimmy.

The teacher asks, "What's your favorite football team Jimmy?"

Little Jimmy says, "The Seattle Seahawks"

The teacher asks, "Well, why is that?"

Little Jimmy says, "Well, my dad is a Seahawk fan, my mom is a Seahawk fan, I guess that makes me a Seahawk fan."

The teacher angered by his reply says, "If your dad was a moron and your mom was an idiot what would that make you?"

Little Jimmy says, "Well, I guess that would make me a Rams fan."
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The Rams have a new line of cologne. It's a little different though; you wear it and the other guy scores.

The Elway jokes before he finally won a ring always cracked me up. There was one about passing in his driveway that escapes me ....
    So who's going to win today ?

Cowboy's or Patriot's ?????

I'm taking the Cowboys !!!!! :shades:

-Rocky
  • jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    I'm taking the Cowboys !!!!! :shades:

You lost. Pay up. No posting until they win. :P

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

Pats, are going 16-0 ;)

-Rocky
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    That's ok - just so long as they don't go 19-0. :shades:
  • jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    Pats, are going 16-0 ;)

Do you go by the handle "greenpea68" when you post over at "Stories from the Sales Frontlines"? :confuse:

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

Nope. I'm unfortunately a Lions fan pal. :surprise:

-Rocky
    LOL.....Well I have a feeling they might Steve. ;)

-Rocky
    :shades:

-Rocky
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    Preview of NFC championship? Probably the best game of the season and most folks won't be able to see it. That's unforgiveable. :cry:

YEP !!! :sick:

-Rocky
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    It was a very good game. Unfortunately Favre didn't get to play the whole game. Had a misterious bruise on his throwing arm and was taken out of the game. The replay didn't show anything that would have caused an injury. His backup did a heck of a job and kept them in the game. It would have been better to have Brett finish the game. The first two series of plays looked as if the same quarterback was playing for both teams. Tony's Idol growing up was Brett Favre and you can tell by the way he plays. Maybe they'll meet again in the playoffs.
    I heard Romo, deny that claim that Bret Favre, was his hero. ;) I personally think Romo, is a better QB than Favre, ever was. I know I'm probably going to get attacked but his stats prove my point. He had one heck of a arm, but lacks in the brain department a little. I will quit while I'm a head cuz I don't want to offend any cheese heads. Yeah, go head and say it !!!! Yeah, he's better than anything Detroit, has ever had at QB Rocky. Yeah, that is true. ;) See I've been through this a few times before !!! :D

-Rocky
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    A Miami Dolfin victory over the New England Partiots would have to rank up there with the greatest upsets of all time in pro football. Look for it to happen. I've got 5 big ones saying it will. :shades:
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    ROTFFLMAO@ jipster !!!!! :D Jipster, are you tipping back some of Grandpa's cough syrup ???? :P

Not going to happen at least this year pal !!!!

-Rocky
    Not going to happen at least this year pal !!!!

The stars are all aligned brother. A supposedly perfect unbeatable team like the Patriots... playing a supposedly hapless horrible winless team in the Dolphins. The Dolphins will be playing not only to avoid becoming the first winless NFL team during a season, but also to protect the 1976(?) Dolphin team as the last NFL team to go undefeated. The Patriots have little to play for.

I'm sure gambling is allowed on this site. So, if you want a piece of the action... it'll cost you 5 big ones. :shades:
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Member Posts: 2,039
    We talking peanuts?

-Moo
    $5 G's ????? :surprise:

The Patriots do have something to play for and that is being the first undefeated season since those 72' Dolphins. But yeah, if you want to drop $5 G's I might take that as I could use some easy money !!!! ;)

-Rocky
    moo: we talking peanuts?
    rocky:$5 G's ?????

I think that the Dolphins will win that game. That is why I will be taking 6 1/2 points less than what the Vegas oddsmakers will set the spread at. So, while I think they will win, I'm not crazy enough to not take any points. :blush:
    Jipster,

I can respect anyone who has faith in his sports teams but my goodness even as crazy as I am ( and I'm a Lions fan :P ) would not be crazy enough to really think my has a Chinamens chance in hell at beating the greatest NFL football team ever put togeather. Sorry pal, but the Dolphins are going to be eaten like fish fillets because the Patriots, are hungry to be undefeated !!!! ;)

-Rocky
    Give me 14 1/2 points. The spread will probably be around 26. The loser accepts a voluntary 1 week self imposed suspension from Edmunds postings. I know it'll probably hurt you more than me though. Deal? :shades:
    Ok, I've currently got Tom Brady and Tony Romo. I'm thinking about dropping Brady and going with Brett. Who do you think the bigger producer will be come Sunday?

-moo
    I'm thinking about dropping Brady and going with Brett

New England is at home and Green Bay on the road. Opponents records and defensive scoring allowed almost identical. I'd stick with Brady.
    What about weather conditions? Supposed to be a pretty big storm with high winds coming through. I'm worried that this will put up tons of interceptions and reduce the amount of passes completed.

:confuse:

-moo
    Brady, will still have a big game. ;)

-Rocky
    14 1/2 points is asking a lot if the weather is bad like I read below. Might be a some what of a low scoring game of running the ball but I of course still believe the Patriots are going to win. ;)

-Rocky
    What about weather conditions

Good point. Suppose to be bad weather in Saint Louis as well I believe... worse in New England though. Either way both Brady and Farve are excellent sucky weather quarterbacks. More tempting to pick Farve with the better weather, though 'd still stick with Brady.
    I'm a week ahead of everybody rocky. The Patriots and Dolphins play next week. I can't seen the Patriots losing this week to the Jets, and I can't see the Dolphins beating the Ravens. So, should be undefeated VS winless next week. :shades:

Although I'm a big Dallas Cowboy fan, and think they'll be in the Super Bowl... I've got New England winning it all.
    Although I'm a big Dallas Cowboy fan

I'm sorry

I've got New England winning it all.

Yeah they should win it all. I dislike Favre, but I do like Romo. I think the NFL, is becoming more and more like big time wrestling with theway they call games. Last week the Refs, couldn't of been anymore biased with the way they officated the Lions and Cowboys game. :sick:

-Rocky
    I think the NFL, is becoming more and more like big time wrestling with theway they call games.

I thought the same thing when the Patriots came back and beat the Ravens. I thought the holding call in the endzone on fourth down should have been a noncall.

Thought the refs did a good job calling the Dallas game though, ;)
    Thought the refs did a good job calling the Dallas game though

Yeah Dallas, didn't hold at our receivers at all during the game. :surprise: Troy Aikman, couldn't believe the way the game was being called so that should tell you something. ;);););)

I thought the same thing when the Patriots came back and beat the Ravens. I thought the holding call in the endzone on fourth down should have been a noncall.

The replay showed their was indeed a pass interference but I agree it was minor compared to the ones we were getting as no calls. :sick:

-Rocky
    Them stinking Dolphins can't do anything right. Win when they should have lost... messing up next weeks game of the year.

Romo really sucked against the Eagles. I guess he was thinking to much about his cutie pie, Jessica Simpson, watching him from the stands. I'd take him out when he's playing that bad. Did the same thing against the Bills in a game the Cowboys were lucky to pull out.
    Ever notice how in big games (Monday nights, Thursday showcases, etc.) he always goes BIG?! Maybe the Eagles just weren't that big of a game for him.

Speaking of the Eagles, what the hell was Westbrook thinking? He screwed me out of some fantasy points by taking a knee at the 1 yard line. I mean really. Dallas would have had to score 2 TDs in 2 minutes. I think we can gamble. What a jerk for screwing me out of a TD. ;)

-moo
    Speaking of the Eagles, what the hell was Westbrook thinking

I thought the same thing. This is suppose to be a "mans sport" and here Westbrook lays down on the one yard line like a sissy... sheesh. Maybe, he was trying to impress Jessica Simpson too? :sick:
    :D

-Rocky
    Time for Brady, to finish off those Dolphins today !!!! ;)

-Rocky
    Good thing Dolphins won last week after all... saved me five BIG ones!
    No way those chumps could win two in a row. :P

Cowboys whooped bootie again. They'll have a cakewalk to the Super Bowl... then have their work cut out for them against the Pats. Even the officals love America's team, so anything is possible. :shades:
    Well that depends on T.O. :P

I'm still taking the Pats, over the Cowboys, even though I think Jerry Jones, will buy the officiating crew. :sick:

-Rocky
    Whoever said cheaters never win were wrong. The New England Patriots and Bill Bilecheat proved that. Oh, they probably would have won anyway... maybe. But, hard to say for sure. I think their 16-0 record deserves the dreaded asterisk (*) due to the cheating incident earlier in the year.

A word of advice to the Steelers, Colts, Cowboys... anyone who runs into the Pats in the playoffs or Super Bowl. If you get ahead, don't wuss out and take your foot off the accelerator. Keep scoring points as if your life depended on it, otherwise you're doomed... DOOMED I SAY!!! :surprise:
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    I'm not particualrly a Pats fan, but this incessant whining about the Patriots being cheaters is really hysterical.

Let's have a show of hands of those who think every other team in the NFL doesn't look for a way to figure out what their opponents are about to do during any game?

And you said it yourself, you have to PLAY to win.
    Let's have a show of hands ....

I don't think that works on a message board. :P

I think the severe fine and penalties Belecheat and the Patriots received speaks for itself. So, I'm guessing "every other team in the NFL" are doing it the old fashioned way, looking at game action on the field of play, to figure out what their opponents are doing during a game. They sure aren't using cameramen off the field of play to do it.

Don't really think it fair of you to implicate the entire NFL over the actions of one team either. All of these years and this is the first time a team has been caught cheating? That's like saying because a small group of ML baseball players got caught cheating using sterioeds... "every other player" in MLB was using them.

And you said it yourself, you have to PLAY to win.

I never said that.(cheat to win)

The Patriots were caught cheating in their game against the Jets(?). I thought at the time, and still do, that they should have to forfeit that game.

But, I gave the Patsies their props... said they probably would have won without cheating. They are a great football team, no doubt about it. But, hey... if you stick an asterisk on Barry Bonds, you'll have to stick one on the New England Patriots. How is it any different?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    What the Patriots got caught doing was videotaping on the sidelines. So if they hadn't been using the cameras, they weren't "cheating"?

EVERY team is watching the other guy to see if they tip their hand and have been doing so in every sport since competitive sports began.

So go right ahead and throw Barry Bonds into it. If you don't see the difference between the two, then it's unlikely that any explanation from me will clear up things.
    So if they hadn't been using the cameras, they weren't "cheating"?

Duhhhh. :P That's absolutely correct. According to NFL rules the use of cameras or videotaping equipment on the side lines is strictly forbidden. If the Patsies were smart they would have hired some goober with a photographic memory to wander around the side lines and watch what was going on. Instead it cost their coach a half million bucks and the team a couple draft picks... and probably an asterisk for cheating should they go on to win the Super Bowl.

So go right ahead and throw Barry Bonds into it. If you don't see the difference between the two, then it's unlikely that any explanation from me will clear up things

LOL. You can't think of a rational explanation can you? :blush: