Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• ntlwhslentlwhsle Member Posts: 21
    Carman,

Do you know the current rates and residuals for the A5 /S5 24 and 36 mo lease.

Thanks!
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    Go with the BMW, you will pay much more on a lease for the A5/S5.
  • djdiesel34djdiesel34 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know the lease rates on the A5 for July? I heard that they will have new rates after July 3rd.
  • shivanshivan Member Posts: 34
    The 2009 Audi S5 pricing has been released. Very small increase in base MSRP. Does anyone know if the Audi financial residuals and MFs have been released?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, ntlwhsle. Starting July 8th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 A5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00279 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00279 and 51%. The numbers for the S5 are .00279 / 62% for 24 months and .00279 / 54% for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi djdiesel34 and shivan. Please see my previous post to get an idea of what Audi's new lease program for the A5 is currently like.

Car_man
    Host
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    You already ordered the car and you are still worried about lease rates?
  • shivanshivan Member Posts: 34
    Thanks for the post on the 2008 models. Do you have any information on Audi's lease program for the 2009 model Audi S5, 15,000 miles, 39 months? I imagine the residuals will be better, the money factor likely the same as the July 2008 rates for the 2008 models.
    You're very welcome, shivan. Audi has not published a lease program for any 2009 models yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • rhino12rhino12 Member Posts: 3
    I just went to a car dealer in Southern California and they quoted me a lease price of over $1000K/month, using a money factor north of .00333 and a residual value of 41-49%. They were pricing the car at 7500 over MSRP. What gives and when will this come down?
  • ntlwhslentlwhsle Member Posts: 21
    Hi rhino12,

I was looking for an A5 and best I could do was $5000 over sticker. This is insane to pay that much for a A5 plus the residual is low and the money factor is standard.

I went out and got a BMW 535i loaded for 1000 over sticker and 69% residual (2years). also the money factor is equivalent to 2.5% interest. cant beat that deal!

Plus I love the Car!
  • alvallejoalvallejo Member Posts: 10
    This past weekend I got quoted a 2009 Audi A5, Premium PKG + B&O Sound System + Milano Leather (Cinamon Brown) Seats + Navigation & 6 Disk CD Changer + iPod adapter & 18" wheels 15K miles paying $3888 down and $820/mo. If I put the $1K down to get the car built they beleive that we can get the lease payments down to somewhere between $750 to under $800/mo when it arrives.

It's still a hard sell being that with those lease payments you can easily do a BMW 3 Series Convertible, a BMW X5 or even a Mercedes E Class sedan with AMG package. I must admit though that the curb appeal of the A5 is sick! Those daytime LEDs in your rear view mirror really calls your attention and you get nothing but broken necks when you drive by with one.

Well....given all that info....what do you guys think? :confuse:
  • jeffman619jeffman619 Member Posts: 31
    Don;t do it unless $800 bucks a month is meaningless to you. Wait for the new IS350 or get a BMW for half the price..
    Where did you get that quote????
    Westchester County. Classic Automobiles in Eastchester NY. Are you saying WOW meaning good or WOW meaning bad? heh heh! :confuse:
    Wow, meaning it beats the 5K down, 1000+/month quote that I got here in Southern Cal!!!!!!!
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    $5000 over sticker?

You need to call some other dealers. It's cheaper to buy a plane ticket and drive the car home even if you have to buy out of state.

Lots of dealers will sell an A5 at MSRP.
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    Yeah. Call around for sure. Honestly, the A5 isn't worth leasing yet. I'd wait til the hype cools off a bit before taking the plunge.
    I agree guys. I'm really in love with the car but I just can't justify leasing an A5 right now when I can lease a BMW X5 4.8 worth 64K for the same amount of money. I'll hang tight until 2009 and see what happens. My idea is that when the 2009 A4s come out and are on the street, the A5s will have better lease rates.
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    That is certainly possible. I think waiting til the early part of next year is probably going to be best. Leases tend to be best in the first 6 months of the year it seems.

G
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    don't expect the 09's to be any better.

Audi knows it has a really hot car on it's hands. A5 production is limited to begin with. Lease deals may get a tad better, but if you're expecting anything substantial 6 months down the road, it's probably not going to happen.

The A5 is just not a great car to lease if you're expecting ultra competitive lease rates.
  • iwantana5iwantana5 Member Posts: 1
    hey guys,

just got back from a day of A5 lusting/ lease shopping ..
    best deal could get was and internet special. Downtown L.A.

48 months
    799 a month w/out tax
    3500 due at signing

Navigation
    Technology Package
    Premium Package

$48,090.00 MSRP.

next lowest. was msrp 55k/ with 5k mark up

4k at signing. 36 mo. / 12,000 / for $1090.

i guess these are the prices you can charge when your is that nice and that wanted. but it's just too much.

i could put 10k down at a decent rate for that kind of monthly payment.
  • amylockamylock Member Posts: 6
    Hi!

Does anyone know the 2009 MY A5 lease rates (money factor and residual) for 36 months, 15k miles per year? I am shopping against BMW, which I have currently.

Thanks!

Amy
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    Hi amylock,

After seeing the lease programs on the 2009 Audi A5 you are definitely going to lease another BMW!

24 Months - 15,000 Miles per Year - 0.00318 Money Factor - 57% Residual
    27 Months - 15,000 Miles per Year - 0.00318 Money Factor - 55% Residual
    30 Months - 15,000 Miles per Year - 0.00318 Money Factor - 51% Residual
    36 Months - 15,000 Miles per Year - 0.00318 Money Factor - 50% Residual
    39 Months - 15,000 Miles per Year - 0.00338 Money Factor - 48% Residual

Best,
    Matt
    eights38@gmail.com
  • amylockamylock Member Posts: 6
    Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can get the car at invoice, but there is no way that makes sense financially. When i win the lottery I will just buy it cash. LOL!

Thanks SO MUCH!

Amy
  • jwiz1jwiz1 Member Posts: 8
    From the small print in an add from a suburban Chicago Audi dealer this morning......

An extra charge may be imposed at the end of the lease where the lessee's liability, if any, is based on the difference between the residual value of the leased property and the realized value at the end of the lease term.

So besides having outrageous leasing rates, they are trying to sneak in an open ended lease to boot where the lessee is responsible for any shortfall in the residual? Is this just from one dealer, or is this a new national Audi program?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    That can't be an Audi program..

An open-ended lease? Now, that is scary!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

That is strange, jwiz1. Audi Financial Services leases are closed ended. I think that the only manufacturers that offer open ended leases right now are ultra luxury brands like Ferrari and Maserati. Perhaps this lease is being run through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
  • jwiz1jwiz1 Member Posts: 8
    The same ad is running this weekend again. It is at McGrath Audi in Glenview, IL. The ad also is on their web site under "New Vehicle Specals". It says that the purchase incentive interest rates are through Audi Financial Services, but does not specifically mention where the leases are financed (though it is all in the same footnote).

Regarding the money factors.......I was quoted a money factor for a 39 month lease that is the equililent of an APR of a little over 8.1% (top tier credit) while they are offering 3.9% APR on purchases of the A5. I can get 4.75% for 60 months from my credit union. Strange that the difference is so big.

High money factor, mediocre residual (51%), and an open ended lease (at least at this dealer).....not very attractive lease terms when compared to the competition.
  • sarkaticksarkatick Member Posts: 1
    I got quoted for $700 a month with 2K down 48 mos lease on a fully-loaded A5 at Commonwealth Audi in Santa Ana, CA - this is the best deal I can find. I didn't take the deal because $700 is still too steep for a car payment. But for any of you out there wanting this deal, just make sure you drive a hard bargain and show up like 30 mins before they close at any dealership. They didn't tell me what is the residual value but I was only interested in the monthly payment and were adamant about 36 mos 15K only :-).
  • marko12marko12 Member Posts: 4
    Audi 2009 Q5 SUV. Sale price $40K with prem plus pkg, 10k mileage, 36 month lease with 0.0078 money factor. 48% residual. Houston dealer
  • cdunn2cdunn2 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have recent experience (other than Commonwealth example above) with leasing an A5 in California?
  • go2uclago2ucla Member Posts: 34
    Hi there, I recently stopped by at a local SoCal Audi dealer and TD the A5. I did not get into many specifics (e.g. residual, money factors, etc.) but was quoted a bulk estimate of $1,200/month for a 24 month lease with zero down on a $50-52K Audi A5. The dealer was willing to get in touch with me later on as my 5 Series lease only expires in August. The A5 is a very nice car, but not as fast as I expected it.
  • gaijengaijen Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone shed any light on this 36 month balloon program Audi is trying to push right now? How does this compare to a regular 36 month lease?
  • pharm30pharm30 Member Posts: 36
    I built an A5 on the Audi website with the options I wanted (no nav) for $43k. Can't find one around here for less than $47k.

Those lease payments are ridiculous. I guess I'll go get a loaded G37 with 330hp for $10k less. :confuse:
  • cklaszkycklaszky Member Posts: 1
    I checked Audi's website yesterday(as I often do) for special offers. Came across a FANTASTIC deal for the A5. It was a South Florida regional offer.

It was titled: No Payments at Signing on 2009 Audi A5.

$0 Down Payment
    $0 Security Deposit
    $625 Acquisition Fee
    $0 First Month's Payment

$499/ month @ 36 months, based on a A5, Premium w/ Nav and iPod adapter.
    MSRP of $47405.

Offer was good until 7/6/2009.

Sounds INCREDIBLE, right?!

Well, I went back to the site to check the details this morning and it had changed overnight!! I'm furious.

Now it's changed to this:

2009 Audi A5
    $699* lease per month for 36 months
    Now through July 6, 2009

Down payment: $999
    Refundable security deposit: $0
    Acquisition fee: $625
    First month's payment: $699
    Amount due at lease inception: $1,624
    Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees

*36-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by 7/6/2009. Rate based on $47,405 MSRP of a 2009 Audi A5 3.2 quattro Premium with Ipod Music Interface, Leather and Navigation (includes destination charge). Purchase option at lease end for $24,650.

I'm pissed.
  • ja54ja54 Member Posts: 4
    Car_man or anyone else, Do you know the residual, MF etc on the current lease program for the A5? Thanks!
  • katyushakatyusha Member Posts: 1
    This quote is the best one I've seen (I've seen similar quotes but the cars didn't come with much of the extras not included in a premium package), but wanted to be sure:
    Based on $1,000 above invoice, which is $44, 683. 49% residual
    36 month lease
    $2,100 down
    15k mileage allowance
    $823 a month, Audi makes first payment
    Car includes: premium package , with 19 inch wheels, navigation, and B&O sound system.

Thanks!
    Here you go ja54. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00215 and 49%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Audi is currently providing $750 loyalty cash on leases of this car and it is waiving the first month's payment on leases of it for all customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a 10K 36 or 24 mo lease. I'm from NY and one dealer told me .0218 and 52% for a 10K 36 mo lease. Sounds accurate based on what you provided. Trying to decided between a 335ix and A5. Thanks again.
  • downersdandownersdan Member Posts: 4
    I'm considering same alternatives but have G37x coupe in the mix too. While the price points are clearly spread out, it's unclear to me that the actual value of each are that distinct. Value for money lies with G, "ultimate" end-to-end performance with the 335 but I'm in lust with A5 - big problem!

I drive very few miles (est. 6k this calendar year) so am seriously considering a low mile used 09 of either/all. Thoughts, anyone? My timeline is July/Aug - your's? Plz keep us advised of your progress.
  • gurvygurvy Member Posts: 6
    Just got this quote from a dealer in Tampa. Does anyone have any input on this. Sounds like its a bit high for a 10K lease.

Bang and Olufsen sound, Navigation, Premium package, Tech Package
    MSRP $51,640
    Sale price $50,000

36 month, 30,000 mile lease
    $2,500 due at lease inception
    Monthly payment $793.57 plus tax
    Audi Financial makes your first payment
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    For a car with MSRP about $1K more than your deal, I was offered my 24month/36000 miles deal at about $3K down and $1100/ mo. which I declined.

Audi (and BMW) are not offering favorable lease deals but your deal sounds better than mine. I am not in your area (or FL.) but is yours through Reeves in Tampa?
  • gurvygurvy Member Posts: 6
    Yes it is. I have had only email contact with them so far and do not know how flexible they are with the pricing.
  • azteco469azteco469 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Carman,

In Audi's advertising for this program they only state "No payments due at signing". Does that just mean the first payment is free?

Also can you provide MF, residual for a 36 month 12k A5 lease? Thanks!
    azteco469,

From my shopping around, this is what I have learned. With the Summer of Audi, they pick up Deposit and 1st month on a lease, and first 2 months on finance. Money factors I have been getting are .00215 and 52% residual on 10k and, I believe, 50% on 12k. With an S-Line, the residual drop 2% more, 50% and 48%.
    Hi azteco469. Yes, Audi was waiving the first month's payment on leases in June. That program is no longer available in July. Audi Financial Services' new July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A5 with 12,000 miles per year are .00227 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • qleqle Member Posts: 4
    Since it's August and the 2010 A5 are now on the lots, can anyone (Car_man?) shed any light on the lease rates and/or incentives offered by Audi for 36/15k on the new 2.0T A5?
    I;d be happy to help you out, qle. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 2.0 Coupe with Premium and 15,000 miles per year are .00196 and 56%, respectively.

Not surprisingly, other than $750 loyalty cash for returning lessees, Audi is not currently providing any cash incentives on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • scantyscanty Member Posts: 164
    The lease on my '06 Infiniti FX that we did so well on is about to run out, and I'm looking at a '10 A5 2.0T as a possible replacement. I used the TMV report to come up with an MSRP of $42,625 (2.0T, 6MT, WPS Premium Plus, PSP 19" Sport, 9VK B&O). Do you have residual and MF info for 36 months and 12k per year? My bet is that the mileage change from 15k to 12k will be a 1-2% bump in the residual with no change in the money factor. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.