Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura MDX Transmission Problems

Comments

• jslivonjslivon Member Posts: 57
    Our '03 MDX transmission failed at 107k miles. We had an extended warranty that expired a month before the failure. It was our second Acura from this dealer. I argued to the dealer's service rep. that paying the $4,500 for a new transmission was unacceptable considering Acura's reputation of a premium quality vehicle. We found this blog on Edmunds and told them we were aware Acura was covering up a defect.

They called Acura in CA a few times, Acura first offering to pay 75% then a few days later to pay 90%. We took that offer.

Acura will pay for some costs. Make the dealer call Acura in CA. Tell them that you know these transmissions are defective. Report them to the Better Busness Bureau if they won't reduce the charges. Print out some of these blogs for documentation.

PS...your new Acura transmission will have a 3yr./36 month warranty. Use it up, then buy a Ford. That's what we'll do.

John
  • lushlifelushlife Member Posts: 3
    Well done...They are clearly aware they have a problem on their hands with the 2003 MDX transmissions but they are still trying to keep it quiet by settling with individuals who complain. It is just a matter of time before someone is killed in an accident because of this. Meanwhile, evazhang should follow your advice.

Michael
  • lushlifelushlife Member Posts: 3
    See John's reply and follow his advice. Good luck...and let us know the outcome.

Michael
  • ilesanilesan Member Posts: 2
    My 2001 transmission (115k miles) presents a similar problem since 80k miles. It goes to neutral when I'm slowly accelerating. It commonly happens after a stop due to congested traffic, speed bumps, on slightly uphill surfaces, etc. To continue I need to manually shift it to first or second gear.

My Acura dealer has never found the problem, as it doesn't happen when the employee test the vehicle.

I have had the transmission repaired three times since then (by an Honda certified mechanic). That fix the problem for a day or two and then it starts to slip again.

Any ideas how to fix the problem?
  • jbwivjbwiv Member Posts: 2
    Good news and bad news. My dealership finally came around, offering to pay 50%. Not being the original owner (I've heard that Acura gives better treatment to original owners) I opted to take it. Now, after reading what others have gotten, I feel I might have not gotten the best deal. Still, it cost me $2080 out the door, and that's far better than the $4500 they originally quoted. Guess I can't complain *that* much.
  • evazhang21evazhang21 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    Thanks to you all.

The dealer just called and offered 80% off of the total service. That's $1200 plus tax. It is much better than $5000, so I took it.

He first called yesterday afternoon and offered $1800, and I told him the information I got from John, but he asked me to offer the record of the proper maintenance, which I don't have. I insisted that the problem is their defective transmission which is even on the Wiki("The 2003 - 2006 models transmissions have so far shown the same failure rates and costs thousands to repair".) and I would complain if they don't offer better number.

I think it's their stratagem to budge a little bit every time until you get tired and give up. If anybody has the same situation, just remember to argue with them. The information from this website sure can help.

I hope Acura could be honest with their products and recall the defective parts as soon as possible before any tragedy happens. Again, I will never buy another car from Acura in the future. I just paid $1200 tuition to learn that.
  • gigagirlgigagirl Member Posts: 21
    Hi All, I have been following all the posts here and had to respond! First, I am now the owner of a 2010 MDX,- husband thereafter got himself the TL - both very nice! Secondly I was the previous owner of a Jeep Commander - bought it brand-spanking new in '07 and truthfully right out of the box, if you will, had one 'major' issue after another with it and not minor issues either over-all. Unloaded it in perfect body shape and low-low miles this past March buying the MDX. Anyway I took myself off the jeep repair and maintenance forums happily - of which I was one of the many forum stars almost weekly writing in about this or that and placed myself on the acura one. Over-all happily the acura forum seems a tad boring in comparison in that there are not tonnes of daily problems and reports, of that I am delighted! My purpose for sharing here is due to one of the many major problem's I'd had with the commander people started asking me how it was remedied and eventually it was. Equally asking where it was taken care of etc. - the dealership and manager began getting telephone calls and appointments being set up for their same problem to be fixed even for out-of-state folks (I should have requested commission) and the dealership began reading - big-time ALL the forums (which in my opinion I believe they should anyway) !!! That, in my opinion, is a good thing over-all and when you've really got issues - send them to the forum to read on all others with the same problems. At least that's our take! Anyway as acura seems mild in comparison - I am now believing I should sign up for another make I'm eventually going to be looking to get in trouble with - and start following the forums on that - might make me realize (which i didn't when buying the jeep) that looks can be deceiving - loved the look of the commander but boy oh boy what a mobile it was and the color should have been yellow for sure - in shop more than with me at times! Anyway glad you got a better deal due to help w/in - mobile networking works well!! Best,
  • kpsmith999kpsmith999 Member Posts: 46
    Starting around 30,000 miles, I began to notice a vibration/grinding noise while accelerating through 35 to 40 mph. The noise would last for 10 to 15 seconds and then stop. I took my MDX into my Acura dealer at 35,000 miles while it was under warranty and they said they could not reproduce the problem. The problem continued to worsen however I was now out of warranty. I did some research on the internet and found 14 reports of the exact same problem on the NHTSA (www.hntsa.gov). Out of 30 total complaints, 14 were this specific transmission problem. I also found a 2004 MDX service bulletin (#6003; NHTSA # 10022468) that states "Torque converter shudder or vibration between 35 and 40 mph". I presented this info to the Acura dealer and they acknowledged the problem and agreed to pay for 75% of the torque converter replacement (the care is 6 years old and has 45,000 miles). Why hasn't someone started a class action law suit regarding this problem given the significant amount of data pointing to a general problem?
  • mjwdmjwd Member Posts: 5
    Sounds like everyone else's problems, except that the used car dealer from which I bought this car has gone to great lengths over the past 10 months to avoid diagnosing, avoid fixing and even cover up that there even IS a problem! Taking it to an authorized Acura dealer this week and plan to specifically ask them to check out and fix the torque converter and/or transmission. Only 1200 miles left before warranty expires so in panic mode at this point. Hopefully Acura makes good on this issue. :(
    If Acura dealer says they cannot reproduce the problem, point them to the NHTSA complaints for 2004, 2005 and 2006 MDX's. There was also a TSB (technical service bulliten) issued for the 2004 model year for this exact same problem. Good luck.
    Thanks for the suggestion...I'll do that. I did call the Acura customer service line yesterday so there's a record of my issue in the system, and hopefully the dealership will take care of the problem tomorrow. If not, I won't drive the car until I find a dealer who WILL fix the problem!
  • ncanandncanand Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have a 2002 MDX, which also got its trasmission problem. I have just 70K miles on it
    Acura dealer came up with a price of $5000 in Houston Texas.
    They agreed to pay 50% of the cost.
    How can i make them to offer me more.
    Thanks.
    anand
  • lori24lori24 Member Posts: 20
    Hi,
    I have the same problem, It's at dealer now replacing torque converter and transmission. Did it fix your problem, very curious to know if this is the solution. I had my car 2months when it started acting up so after 8 months of owning car its back in for 2nd torque and a new transmission.let me know how yours is acting.
    Yes, it was the torque converter/transmission...at the dealership getting fixed right now. I'm hopeful that it will take care of the problem, but will let you know if it doesn't! Luckily the dealership has been great to work with...got the car right in, gave me a loaner car, acknowledged this is a common problem, has been extremely pleasant about the whole thing (unlike some of the horror stories I've read on this and other online forums!). I did ask what happens if/when the noise comes back in another 10,000 miles and they said that Acura is usually very accommodating about that even when the car is no longer under warranty. Fingers crossed I don't need to find out first-hand, but sorry to hear yours has been a problem for you!
    Why did it take them so long to get yours back in, I noticed your original post was from Jan? How many miles does yours have on it? Mine has 59000, I have been tempted to unload this car, because I don't have any faith in it. I've heard tons of horror stories also. Not sure yet what to do or think about Acura. Good luck lets keep each other posted!
    To those that are interested, I just recieved word from Honda International that they will be covering 100% of the cost of replacing the torque converter even though the vehicle is out of warranty. It took many phone calls, establishing a case file with Honda and the threat of a class action suit to get them to do this. Given the number of MDXs and Honda Pilots with with very specific problem, I do not understand why a recall has not occured. In preparing my case to Honda, I counted over 100 reports of the 30-40 mph grinding/vibration problem and in almost all cases it was the transmission torque converter. If anyone is experiencing this problem, either in warranty or out our warranty, I would really push the issue with Honda to get 100% reimbursement.
    My original post was actually from June, but the car has had the problem since the day I bought it back in August '09. Long story short, the dealer from which I bought it (not an authorized Acura dealer) lied to me about the cause of the noise and covered up the problem for close to 10 months! Luckily I caught onto them when I had 68,800 miles on the car...just 1200 miles from my warranty expiring! I'm mixed about my MDX as well, but going to hold onto it for now and see how it goes. Good luck to you! :o)
  • myshell4myshell4 Member Posts: 1
    Did you have any luck when you contacted Honda or confront the dealer with the massive torque converter issues.
    Fortunately, the Acura dealer near me has been a pleasure to work with. They immediately admitted there is a known issue, fixed the problem under warranty with no questions asked, even gave me a loaner for 2 days while they did so.
    edited July 2010
    Just picked up my 2005 MDX from dealer after replacing the torque converter. It appears that the vibration/grinding between 35-40 mph has now been eliminated. For background, I reported this problem in March 2009, a couple of months prior to the expiration of my warranty. The service tech stated that he/she could not reproduce the noise I was hearing. Over a year later, the noise was now continuous. I took the vehicle in and this time the service tech could hear the noise. I was told that the vehicle was out of warranty (45,000 miles, but over 60 months) and that it would cost $2,000 to $3,000 to fix the problem. I opened up a case file with Honda America. After several calls, I was offered a repair for $500. I continued to complain and mentioned that I had uncovered over 100 complaints for the exact same issue. The Honda rep. still would not budge on the $500 cost to me. Finally, I mentioned that I might pursue a "class action suit". He said he would speak to the district supervisor. Miraculously, he came back and said that Honda America could cover 100% of the repair. I would suggest that anyone battling this issue out with Honda America mention "class action suit". There attitude seems to change quite significantly! Good luck!
  • jtb6jtb6 Member Posts: 3
    2001 MDX 246000 miles, absolutely no transmission problem
  • sarj1sarj1 Member Posts: 1
    So my 2001 MDX with 93k miles developed the following problem last night -
    Check light went on
    D5 light started blinking
    at 15, 25, 35 or so, 45 or so, and 60 mph the car would not consistently kick into gear - the engine would rev up in rpms - I would ease off gas and then gear would engage often with a lurch
    Took to a gas station off the highway and they diagnosed with error code P1750

in dealer right now
    worried that I am looking at a transmission job on a car worth at most $10K - where the job could cost up to $5600.

Thoughts please?
    Just picked up my 06 MDX after torque converter failed in Dec and back in for same problem in June, they put new transmission/torque converter in. Probally to soon to tell if the problem is fixed for good, but driving home on freeway the steering wheel shakes from side to side, what's up with that? I called them to let them know, so going back in for them to look at! This car has caused me nothing but stress, only owned it 8 months!!
  • madmommy3madmommy3 Member Posts: 28
    try to negotiate a better deal. tell them tehre are pages and pages of complaints with the same issue. if they make you pay more than $2500, I would call around to a reputable tranny shop with a 3 year warranty and go elsewhere. They may make a lower offer if they want your business. My dealership clearly did not want my business so I had my car towed and fixed somewhere else. So far so good. Cost me $2700 with extra warranty plus a new radiator at $300. Still cheaper than a new car. good luck!
  • gbredagbreda Member Posts: 11
    My 05 MDX went in for 2 converters, no tranny change. When the shuddering began ever so slightly for a 3rd time, I got rid of the vehicle. Hopefully the transmission change solves the problem, but I was not trying for strike 3.

As far as the steering wheel shaking, could be that they did not re-align the front end properly and just needs to be adjusted. Also something as simple as a balancing weight on a front wheel may have fallen off when they removed the transmission. Nothing major on either scenario.

Good Luck !!!!
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    "2001 MDX 246000 miles, absolutely no transmission problem "

Ah, finally, someone who got a good one!
    When I called to let them know about steering, he told me it didn't need front end alignment, but when they put the first torque converter in they did do alignment. I questioned that, he said shouldn't need it this time, but it needed it the first time? Doesn't make any sense to me. I don't think they know what they are doing!
    When I picked up my 2005 MDX after a torque converter replacement, I noticed that the dealership had done a wheel alignment. I am assuming that this is standard procedure whenever a torque converter is changed out. Don't know why, but maybe it is an added precaution since my initial complaint indicated that there was a vibration sound????
  • omdx05oomdx05o Member Posts: 2
    i own a 2005 acura mdx and once the car reached approximately 100,000 miles, i started to experience vibrations at speeds between 40-50 mph. once the car reached 106,000 miles, i took the car to an acura dealer in nj. there, they diagnosed that my car's torque converter was broken and they replaced for $2,800. i called acura for financial assistance, but they turned me down after they "carefully" reviewed my case. i complained to the NHTSA. my friend has a 2004 mdx and he had the same problem as me. i think that we should all complain to NHTSA to pressure acura to fix the problem and we should try to pressure them to provide financial aid. we all know that the product is faulty and the car that costs over $45,000 new should last more than 100,000 miles.
    I agree, but the problem is they don't know what causes the problem so therefore they don't know how to fix it. I had torque converter replaced dec 09 then june2010 bad again this time they replaced transmission/torque converter. They are not sure this is the solution either. If they don't have a sure fix, what happens next? I've only had this car 8months. Since I got it back my AC smells foul, not sure what to think, I do know it didn't smell when I took it to them. Frankly, I am really sick of this car, don't have any faith in it at all, .thinking about unloading it
    edited July 2010
    Just so everyone who follows this thread is aware, there are several other threads reporting the vibration/grinding 35-40 mph transmission problem (torque converter). The tread entitled "Acura MDX Torque Converter Scam" and "Acura MDX Repairs & Maintenance" also have reports of this same issue. Also, if you look at the Honda Pilot forum, there are several complaints of this very same issue with Honda Pilots. If you search for Canadian Pilot and MDX forums, you will find once again many reports of the torque converter problem. If there are say 500 complaints between all these forums specifically addressing the vibration/grinding noise while accelerating between 25-50 mph, it is obvious that there are probably thousands of Pilots and MDXs that have this problem. Many owners probably got their transmissions repaired under warranty. Many may have just born the cost if their vehicle is out of warranty and many may not be computer savy to investigate this issue on the internet. This is a much bigger problem than any one forum can address. There are probably many vehicle owners that have this problem and are not aware either because they never turn their radio down to hear it or have been told that the dealer cannot reproduce it. It would certainly appear that this issue would be a prime candidate for a "class action law suit". I am sure there are several law firms that specialize in "class actions" that would love to get there hands on this issue!!!
    I'm game, lets get it going, something needs to be done!!
  • irismariseirismarise Member Posts: 3
    Am having the same problem with my acura and the dealer wants to charge me $2500 to fix the problem. Can you give us more info on the steps you took to address the problem with honda? Thank you.
  • signguy2signguy2 Member Posts: 7
    Ask for the Honda Representive for your area, [non-permissible content removed], scream show them this site, they are quite aware of the problem, some people say that honda picked up the entire thing, most like myself end up paying about $1000,. but that was two years ago, this problem is happening more as the vehicles age, Don't let them imtimidate you.
    Get into it your 100% in the right and never mind about warrenties, its their problem all the way. Good Luck
  • wallabyguywallabyguy Member Posts: 20
    I had the problem start at 40k miles with my 2005 MDX. We took it to the dealer and they said they could not replicate the issue and that the car was showing no codes so it was fine. We've continued to drive the car since then with the problem. Now with almost 100k miles, I've become so concerned about it, I took it to another dealer. Well guess what problem I have. Now that I'm out of warranty, Acura is turning their back on covering it 100%. I've been offered 75% but I think its very unfair when I have documented proof that we had the problem while under warranty and the dealer disregarded the problem. I'm really caught here because otherwise we have really enjoyed the car. I hate to go the class-action route but Acura is backing us up against a wall. The regional service rep will not talk to me directly even though I have been so calm and collected when discussing the matter with the service manager and Acura Customer Service that they've remarked how collected and pleasant I am. I'm very disappointed in Honda. I have quite a following on many online forums and regional owners groups. If this doesn't get resolved, it's going to get very ugly for them.
    Sorry to hear you are having the same problem. What worked for me was the following steps:

1. Open a case file with Honda America at 1-800-382-2238 then press 5.
    2. Mention that you have researched this issue on the internet and that their are a large number of reports of this very same problem with both Honda Pilots and Acura MDXs. Also state that the nhtsa.gov complaint site has 29 complaints of which 14 are for transmission and 11 are for the 30-40 mph grinding/vibration issue for the 2005 Acura MDX.
    3. They may offer to pay 50-75%, but continue to press the issue and ask for a district manager to review your case. Also, if that does not work, ask what the next level of appeal is and state that you want to take your complaint to the next level.

Unfortunately, you basically have to "wear them down". If all else fails, state that you are considering initiating a "class action law suit" given the large number of complaints you have read for this very specific problem. In almost all cases, the fix is to replace the transmission torque converter.

Good luck!
    I have 2006, with same issues, do we know for sure transmission/tc is the fix? I was told by dealer when they did the work on mine, "Acura doesn't know if that will fix the problem for sure, because they have had them come back with the same problem". The tc was replaced in dec 09, june2010 transmission/tc I've had the car 8months. I hope this is the fix but, honestly I don't believe it. Honda needs to step up and make this right. I hope in my case this fixes it. Do TC make any sound? I hear something between 25mph and 45 not any vibration just maybe a small growl, I hope this is normal! Good Luck Everyone who owns one.
    The "growl" you hear is not normal. The noise is perceived differently by different people. Some call is a vibration, some call it a grinding sound and some have referred to it as a shuddering sound. What all have in common is that it occurs upon acceleration between 25-50 mph (usually 30-40 mph). It starts out intermittently and eventually will occur upon every acceleration (and also becomes more pernounced). Replacing my torque converter did eliminate the noise, however, I have read several reports of the problem reocurring in the future. I have read that some owners are getting the problem fixed and then selling their vehicle before the problem reoccurs (sad commentary on this problem). I would continue to monitor you transmission sounds (radio and a/c off) and at the first signs of trouble, report the problem to your dealer. Good luck!
  • jcagle24jcagle24 Member Posts: 3
    My wife and I just purchased a used 2005 MDX with 108k on it and MAN i wish I had stumbled upon this forum beforehand. Not one week after driving this car the same grinding noise in the 20-40 MPH range has started in. We put almost 50 miles on it with the test drive and taking it to our mechanic before purchasing the vehicle, and no noises whatsoever were heard then pertaining to transmission grinding. Another false hint of promise in the vehicle was the fact that my mechanic did a computer reading and no known issues showed up regarding any type of transmission problems. When we were buying the car and checking the carfax the "no recalls" on the vehicle make and model sounded good, but that obviously doesn't mean anything considering that this problem SHOULD BE RECALLED!! I have owned Jeeps and Toyotas, both companies in my experience have been quick to recall their vehicles when it's publically known that there are issues with their cars, why is Honda letting this one slip? Are not enough people complaining? I couldn't believe the amount of posts I found when I googled "Acura MDX transmission problems," we are just frustrated an looking for some advice on what to do about this situation. Bought the vehicle as is, no warranty, but can we try to play the squeaky wheel with Honda and maybe hold them responsible? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks
    Sorry to hear about your problem, what I've learned from my experience is that, Acura/Honda doesn't know why this happening therefore there is know sure fix! That's what scares me, I bought my 06 in Dec 09 they replaced T/C then in June 2010 Transmission/TC only 59k on the car. I was told that they can't promise that this will cure the problem. So, basically it's wait to see what happens..You can call American Honda to see if they will help cover your cost. Good Luck! As far as recalling them, my thoughts on that is that not all of them have this problem a lot do but, I guess not enough for them. Like I said replacing T/C and or Transmission worked for some and not for others, that I don't understand and neither do they, they have know answers that's pretty scarey! Again Good Luck
  • b30b30 Member Posts: 2
    Since I posted my original comments my saga continues. AAMCO replaced my transmission for a second time and did fix the original issue of the slipping. However, I soon had the grinding noise that I have read about on this forum. I took the tech for a ride and we were able to determine that the noise happened at 1500 rpm. Speed can be any speed, look at the rpm's. It was the torque converter. They replaced it and I got my car back 5 days ago. The noise has again returned and I will be taking it in again for the same issue. I did get 235,000 miles out of the first trans with no issues so it is hard to complain. It is the new trans that has caused me all the trouble. Otherwise, the car has been fantastic and I would buy another one.
  • tpulaktpulak Member Posts: 44
    Hello all.
    Nearly 3 years back I started this thread on my concerns on my 2004 Acura MDX vehicle. It currently has 85 k miles, but I am worried that my car's tranny might soon go out like many other MDX's. I already knew of the recall of affected MDX transmissions, but only from 2001-2003 year ranges. But from this thread now, I can easily conclude that this is a bigger problem. I am seeing from what I read that there are some 2005's and 2006's with the same tranny problem...but curiously, if I am not mistaken, no 2004's? So from the years 2001-2006 (first gen MDX's) , all the years except 2004 are affected??? Its too confusing...because in my understanding, all these first gen MDX's use basically the same 5 speed automatic transmission!
    Got my 06 back on July 6th after they replaced TC/Transmission and I am hearing the noise again! Not as loud or frequent, what is going on, why does it cure some and not all? Acura doesn't even have an answer to that. There is nothing left for them to replace, what would be the next step for them to take, I really don't understand, does anyone have an suggestions to this? Why can't they fix this for good, I've only put 10k on this car since I bought it. They replaced the TC the first time I was hoping new transmission would do the trick..any ideas please let me know!
  • ak47zoneak47zone Member Posts: 1
    hey junaid i have a 2001 mdx as well 170 k mileage on it. I was told i need either transmission repair or rebuilt. I searched and was able to find this shop who will rbuilt the transmission for 2500 he also will give a 1 year warranty on it. i will be takin the car to him in a couple of days. This seems like the best solution if u want information on him you could call me

good luck yaar
    It is obvious that there is a design problem that Honda/Acura is not about to admit to. I would file a complaint with the NHTSA (www.nhtsa.gov). The noise you hear will probably increase in frequency and noise level over time. I hate say it, but I would insist on another replacement until they get it right. I assume you are still under warranty. If so, you should have the right to insist that they try again. There is so many postings on this very problem that there should be not doubt that your transmission or torque converter needs replacing (again). I have read several postings where multiple transmissions did not fix the problem. Keep the pressure on!
    Thanks for the advice, I did file a complaint and also let the dealer and American Honda aware that I am hearing a noise again. Unfortunely the noise isn't consistent enough for me to push it just yet, one thing I am confident about, is that it will be. I just don't get why they can't repair the problems for good, what is the fix? Don't understand why they just don't figure it out! Thanks again..
  • gbredagbreda Member Posts: 11
    My first and last Acura. Damn I wish this thread was as populated then as it is now. This MDX cost me $$

Unless there is a class action suit, the only fix is to trade it in for another vehicle.
    That's what I did when it started for a third time. Get rid of it before it materializes to a regular basis again.
    I've thought about it, but I've only had it 8 months and would probally loose my butt. It is still under warranty for another 40k or 3 years, believe me it has crossed my mind. I am totally sick of this whole thing, I don't know how Acura dealerships can sell these cars without disclosing that info. What I would really like is for them to take this car back, and return my down payment, doubt if that is an option, I may get an attorney to see if this is a possible option.
    edited July 2010
    At last check, there were 15 complaints filed with the NHTSA (National Highway & Transportation Safety Administration) regarding the torque converter issue (vibration/shudder/grinding between 20-50 mph while accelerating). I would encourage everyone who is following this link to take a few minutes and file a complaint. The web site is as follows:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/index.cfm

Also, the NHTSA has issued a "service bulletin" for this exact same problem for all Acura's for model years 2003-2004. To view the service bulletin, go to the following web site:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/tsbsearch.cfm

Enter NHTSA item# 10022468 in the "quick search" box. Once you get the record, click "get summary" and you will see the exact explanation as follows:

"Torque converter shudder or vibration between 35-40 mph"

This is exactly the same problem that is so prevalent with the 2005 and on Acura MDX and Honda Pilots. Do not understand why a service bulletin has not been issued for more recent model years???????
  • wallabyguywallabyguy Member Posts: 20
    I registered my complaint with NHTSA today.