Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota 4Runner

Comments

• emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    the sr5 cladding speaks pure aztek or avalanche to me. the limited's body coloured cladding is better, but not much... maybe it'll look better in person, kinda like the new accord...
  • tbcreativetbcreative Member Posts: 357
    Intmed99, thanks for clearing up the ground clearance thing! I do remember reading an article about that, now that you bring it up. I feel much better now. I'm really curious to find out the rocker height, which would have to be much more than 9.1", because that's even lower than the Envoy/Trailblazer. My Jimmy's rocker height is about 15.5", and the Blazer ZR-2's is about 19". I think the current 'Runner's is about 18" with the bigger tires, so I'm hoping it's about that. You can usually tell the range within a few inches in photos by looking at where the invisible plane of the rocker hits the lugs on the wheels. The photos of the 2003 show that plane meeting the wheel lugs at about the same place as the 2002, so it may be within an inch of the 3rd gen. Or it could be the same, because we don't know what has caused the .7" difference in the true ground clearance measurement. It could be that with all of the driveline and suspension enhancements, there's just more room taken up underneath, but actual ground to skid plates could be very close to being the same. I guess all will be answered in a few VERY LONG WEEKS.

Cliffy, I agree with you about the cargo area too, and am curious to find out if your theory is right. I also read an article about that in regards to the current model.

glzr2, so you got rid of your Blazer? How come? Regarding the back-up mirrors, they are actually fish-eye mirrors located in the back "D" pillar of the truck. You can either look in the rear-view mirror (inside), or look straight back into the cargo area (which one should do when you back up anyway) and look to see if there're any cars coming in your blind spot as you back out of a parking space in a lot (not parallel). They're not like the Envoy that has programmable mirrors that angle down when you back up to see whether or not you're going to hit a curb or run over "Timmy's" bike. It seems very innovative, and more comprehensive than infrared back-up indicators, although that would be a nice addition to supplement too.
  • glzr2glzr2 Member Posts: 70
    "Chief Toyota engineer says no third-row seat because the 4runner will be purchased by "young people and young couples".

If he is talking about me... I would agree with him. Late 20's and newly married... I would not buy a 'runner with a third row seat. Sorry guys... but I think there is a marketing conspiracy against the people who want the third row seat that in order to get the third seat, you have to buy the bigger and more expensive vehicle.

I don't mind body side cladding if it is done tastefully. It serves a very important purpose of protecting areas of the vehicle that are prone to chips and scratches which, will result in rust. Remember the days when the bottom of you door or your rear corner panels had rust holes all the way through them?
  • philly2002philly2002 Member Posts: 41
    I currently own a 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport and love it! Well, to be quite honest I think I'm ready to move on to something with more substance. I would like to stick with the Toyota team since they have served me very well over the years. The new 4Runner is a great vehicle(according to the prereleased specs available online), but the styling is just plain ugly--at least in comparison to the new Lexus GX470. The GX is a beautiful SUV with all the amenities of the LX. I can't wait until Lexus releases some prices for me to compare.

I wonder why Lexus didn't increase HP of the GX's V8 vs the '03 4Runner's V8??

Oh and the Toyota campaign to promote the use of the new Toyota for off road use is a joke. First off, the use of a vehicle off road in the US is virtually nil these days. State regs and such have curbed the use of trucks, jeeps and SUV's on private and public land. States and certain environmental agencies have banned motor vehicle use in many parts of the country.

Is Toyota promoting destruction of the natural land by encouraging people wihtout any 4 wheel drive knowhow to ride deep into the woods tearing apart trees, grass, etc?? Just think about it for a minute--how many new owners actually know how to drive a SUV in a REAL off-road situation?? Its a little more difficult that driving across the soccer field at the local high shcool I'll tell you that.

Toyota should set up shop just like the boys at Jeep and their yearly Jeep Jamboree to educate new owners. BTW, Toyota should allow more space across the US for open land use of SUV's while they're at it too.
  • mbarrerambarrera Member Posts: 2
    I think the grey with black cladding looks good. I think it depends on the color you choose.

I'm not sure what the 2003 colors will be but I vote for caution yellow like the mr2 and new celica. Check out these make-believe color combos.

http://www.carolinaat.com/images/runnercolor.jpg

Remember has tried to develope a true 4x4 here not a mall cruiser.

Also, at first I thought the black squared-off fender flares might be off the wall...but then I looked at my pride and joy 4x4...guess what she has?...black squared off fender flares.

Here is my baby.

http://www.carolinaat.com/mark/jeep01.html

• nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    on 4th gen seems ugly because of how it is designed, with all the chunky boxes, rather than just a flat design that does not stand out, which would be useful, yes, for reducing stone chip damage to the paint.

philly: Lexus LX470 has same power ratings as Land Cruiser (same engine in fact) so why would Toyota boost power of the GX vs 4Runner? In the case of the trucks, Lexus is about having the Toyota quality with a premium nameplate and better customer service, IMO.

And in case no-one was looking for the last decade, offroading is alive and well in America, there are plenty of places to do it legally, and if you do it on established trails (like the Rubicon here in CA, a technically very challenging trail) it does not have to be environmentally degrading either. And BTW, as SUVs get softer and softer and cater more and more to the soccer mom-and-dad crowd, there are now very few left out there that are real trucks, capable of doing some of the real things the vehicles in this segment were originally intended to do. 4Runner is one of the few left that can actually live up to the promise, as of '02. The capabilities of the new one remain to be seen.

There has been a lot of talk of static ground clearance and whether or not it is a meaningful number, to which I add my $0.02: approach and departure angles are much more meaningful numbers for going offroad, which can be affected by ground clearance but other factors too, and I have not yet seen these numbers published for the 4th gen. One problem if the truck is really lower, since we know FOR SURE the wheelbase is longer, is breakover angle, or the ability to get high-centered, which is another number I have not yet seen published. Now that the embargo is over, I am waiting for a real 4x4 review to come along, as opposed to these consumer and car-oriented reviews we have had so far.

(Edmunds review says what will matter most to people is the interior! Well maybe to some, but not to me - its true capabilities off the avement are a lot more important to me)

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• intmed99intmed99 Member Posts: 485
    Well, the HP is the same for 4Runner V8 and GX...both are 235HP. Same engine and transmission (a great 5-speed from what i see!).

However, i think the 4Runner V8 Ltd. is a better choice. Why? A fully loaded V8 Ltd. 4x4 runs around $45,000 or a bit more. That is ONLY the price for a BASE GX470. You get almost everything, including a good sound system (not as good as Mark Levinson), but JBL does come with the center channel speaker! In addition, fuel economy on the 4Runner is BETTER! Acceleration i would assume will be better too, due to it's lighter weight. GX does have the adaptive suspension, which is good, but probably not needed. My opinion.
  • filodfilod Member Posts: 189
    thanks again peter78!

Looks like the pictures are out and no more embargo... now we can continue to talk about the new look, features, capabilities and hopefully, some driving impressions in a few more weeks!
  • beagles3beagles3 Member Posts: 132
    Are we really talking $45,000 loaded...If so, I am out...
  • charliebrown25charliebrown25 Member Posts: 3
    $45,000 is a hefty price to pay for limited especially with the dealers forking up the price for first couple of months. How long does that usually last anyway (price gouging)?
    Any word if we are able to get the sports edition with leather, navigation and that jbl system? (for those insiders) The color scheme mbarrera posted is not too bad. This design is starting to grow on me...somebody help me!!!
  • bigbwbbigbwb Member Posts: 12
    http://www.toyota.com/html/shop/look_ahead/runner.html

Toyota.com has put some info on its site! Its a pic & some little info on the "03 4runner.

• cliffy1cliffy1 Member Posts: 3,581
    I posted the build schedule for the Central Atlantic Region about a week ago. I'll try to look it up again but if I remember correctly, there will be some Sport models with navigation and side air curtains but there were none with leather. Fortunately, that is something easily added on the after market.
    This is what I posted a couple of weeks ago.

"Of the Runners coming to the CAT Region, here is the break down. I will list options where I know what the codes mean. Where I don't know the meaning of the code, I will just put the code. Also, I am only listing the 4WD models. There are a few 2WDs coming but who cares about that.

41 SR5 with premium single disc CD, NE, AL (this is alloy wheels but I don't know if it is 16" or 17"), KG, roof rack, CM and spoiler.

189 with the exact same equipment plus moonroof and 6 disc CD.

40 with same as second version plus side air curtains.

148 Sport models with EH (I think this is heated side mirrors), roof, KG, CM, spoiler and sport package (hood scoop, 17" alloys, radio controls on steering wheel, upgrade shocks, fog lights and a few other goodies).

8 Sport models with same equipment plus navigation and side air bags.

294 Limiteds with roof, 6 disc, side air bags, spoiler and daytime running lights.

15 Limited with the same plus navigation."

Since posting this, I now believe that the KG option code on the sport and SR5 models is painted cladding in lieu of the black ones. If that is the case, there will be no Runners floating around this region with those dreaded black fenders. They will all be two tone of some variant. I find that a lot more tolerable.
    Well, I just checked to see if there is a new TVO book and there is. The October order (November delivery) looks just about the same. Refrence the above post for equipment variations.

SR5 "plain" = 66
    SR5 "plain" with moonroof = 309
    SR5 same plus side bags = 66

Sport "plain" = 209
    Sport same plus navi and side bags = 11

Limited same as above post = 367
    Limited same plus navi = 19
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Today's word is that the embargo is still on (except for the official Toyota site and the pics like Edmunds was able to use). So the links continue to be pulled until we get additional word. Oh well....

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
  • kjack100kjack100 Member Posts: 133
    You obviously haven't been following the thread. The point was that the solid rear axle stays the same and the wished for third row seating would be an option on the 2003. Would an optional seat keep you from buying the 2003?

No, I can buy a similar-sized SUV with a third row, not larger one, I just like the Toyota build quality on the 1998 4Runner and 2002 LandCruiser we own.
  • 4runnerpilot4runnerpilot Member Posts: 18
    I sure hope the 2003 4runner LTD V8 won't be as much as $45K. Someone would be better off getting a '03 Sequoia w/ a DVD entertainment system, and seating for 8.
    a toyota official was quoted as saying they wanted to try and get a low end v8 model out for 30k. what is the limited priced at now..nearly 40k? i suspect the new limited won't be too much more expensive than the current model despite the addition of some extras like the v8. too much competition out there these days to go on ahead with a huge price incease...
  • nikiblue1nikiblue1 Member Posts: 44
    While reading edmunds review it stated, "The X-REAS system connects diagonally opposed shocks to help quell body roll in turns, while the air suspension (only available on V8 Limited models) uses air bladders instead of traditional coil springs to maintain proper ride height when towing heavy loads (maximum towing capacity is 5,000 pounds)." The 2002 v6 model can tow 5000lb. The v8 on Tundra tows over 6500lb if not 7000lb. What is the deal? Did anybody else noticed the towing capacity difference?

Also it states full time 4wd on the v8 has a dash mounted switch.(?) I hope it is to put it into 4low, because if it is not, then their full time 4wd is not a true full time 4wd system. Any comments?
  • mhenderson1mhenderson1 Member Posts: 164
    if a Toyota after-market company is bringing out any accesories for the new 4-runner, or does one have to wait a while after the initial vehicle launch.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    The 4Runner is below average for mid-size V8 towing, and right in the ballpark for mid-size V6 towing.

The V8 Explorer, Grand Cherokee and Durango tow much higher loads than the V8 4Runner. Same with the new 6-cylinder Trailblazer.

Bob
    Yes, it is FULL-TIME. The Limited V8 models have a DIAL. You are either in 4-HI or 4-LO (both of which can have the center diff lock or unlock). In normal driving, you are in 4-HI.

The air bladders in the rear is more for self-leveling during towing and raising it's butt when off-roading (to improve departure angle). It is NOT used to increase towing capacity.
    Look guys, economy is not that bad! If an '03 Limited V8 4Runner 4x4 cost the same as my '02 4Runner Ltd. 4x4, i will eat my shoes! Or, Toyota did some major cost-cutting beneath the skin to keep the price low. Now, you may (emphasis on MAY) be able to get a V8 SR5 for around $30K IF it is bare-bones.

Toyota did not significantly lower the price on the current 3rd gen 4Runner (2002 models) EVEN IN IT'S LAST YEAR, among many strong competitors from abroad (MDX/Pilot, ML320, Highlander) and domestic (Trailblazers, Envoy, Explorer)! (Rebates are just another way dealers screw customers.) Why?? Because 4Runners are built so darn well! Like a tank! And so darn reliable.

The 4th gen looks to be just as well-built (hopefully made in Japan!). PLUS all these options and gizmos! JBL surround sound, XREAS, a freaking V8, side-curtain airbags, self-leveling suspension, voice-navigation, etc....

There is NO way Toyota can keep the price the same without the customer losing standard '02 features.

Hopefully, you guys are right...uh-oh, better go clean my shoes! :)
    what's this hopefully made in japan stuff all about?? honda and toyota make many cars and trucks right here in north america...and their quality is just as good as those made in japan...plus wages are paid to north american workers and taxes paid to local governments...! i don't get the made in japan thing...at all!
    I would say "me neither," but I got a Nissan made in Ohio by union Ford workers and was pleased that the drivetrain was shipped over from Japan. Go figure :-)

What is an American car?

Steve

Host

• zaadzaad Member Posts: 9
    Greetings..
    I have been following this board for months now to help me decide on 02 vs 03 model and/or other makes etc... and enjoy the quality and manner of info being shared here.
    The warranty got my attention from another link posted here (thecarconnection.com review on 03 Runner), it states 3 years/36k warranty.
    I recall the 02 showing 5 year/60k on powertrain which was one of the strong points in 4Runner quality IMO, is this changed or the 3year warranty does not include powertrain thus still possible to be at 5
    year/60K?
    The GX470 will be an obvious choice if one has to spent more than $40k on a loaded Limited, one can always remove the 3rd row seat if one so desires, The rear gate opeening is not the better choice over the 4Runner.
    zaad,

i'm sure the warranty for '03 is the same as that for '02...3yr/36k bumper to bumper and 5yr/60k powertrain...
  • foghorn48foghorn48 Member Posts: 65
    OK this contraband pic embargo thing is getting annoying, not to mention it seems pretty worthless. Steve, is it too much to ask that you repost all of the removed pics, when Toyota deems us worthy? Thanks. In the interim, I'll mull over whether or not I deem this company worthy of my money.
    Since the embargo is still on, just refrain from posting the links here and that'll save you and the hosts a bunch of work :-). Meanwhile I guess you'll have to get by on what you can glean from Toyota until all the wraps are off.

Steve
    Host
    The warranty on the new 4Runner is no different than the current model, or the majority of other factory warranties. Most of the warranties on vehicles are 3 years or 36K for bumper to bumper, and 5 years or 60K for powertrain. This is still true of the 2003 4Runner.
  • zaadzaad Member Posts: 9
    tbcreative, most factory warranties are 3year/36k on evertything with few exceptions like Toyota, MB, VW.., just check the Edmund advise/warranry area.
    I had a leased Blazer ( had to do that to be able to park in GM parking, I work as a contract controls engineer mostly @ GM !! ), it blew the tranny @ 20k miles which could have been @ 37k miles, because of that experience I will never be in a situation to make payments & have to fix a major problem.
    My hard earned money will only go to those who can stand behind their quality in writing.
    From what I gather from every tidbit of information out there, the Limit is supposed to top out between $38 and $40K. I really hope that people don't feed the gouging frenzy and pay more than it's worth, taking it up to $45K; that would be ridiculous! At that point, I would buy a Hummer H2 or the GX. No, definitely the H2!

I'm so sick of idiot consumers ruining it for everyone else and paying those prices. Granted, in some ways it helps in the long run, because it helps jump-start the model, making it possible to keep adding improvements for each model year, if sales are high enough. But it still ticks me off to see anyone paying more than MSRP. Heck, it upsets me to see people paying MSRP! I've never paid more than $200 over invoice. I only deal with internet or fleet managers.

Well, I suppose somebody has to help keep the manufacturers "fat."

Now, I don't want to see posts saying, "well, good luck, buddy!" because I'm waiting until the V-6 comes out and the frenzy dies down a bit, not to mention waiting until any recalls occur within the first 6 months.

Speaking of the V-6, I think this will be one sweet engine. I don't know why anyone would get the V-8, except to say they have a V-8 that sips a little more gas and has a bit more grunt. With both engines equalling the 3rd gens towing capacity of 5000 lbs, I doubt whether anyone will ever REALLY be able to tell the difference between the new 6 and the 8, unless you've got a 22' boat to tow into the mountains. And with the 6 being all-aluminum, less weight means more power to weight, yielding better 0-60 times, even with less torque and only 10 more horses.
    I have been puzzled by the posts where current owners say the power is "just fine," and "why do we need good 0-60 times?" Well, I'll tell you why. Have you ever had to pull out into traffic, or avert a dangerous situation, or try to pass on a highway in the mountains? 0-60 times are a good gauge of what a vehicle is capable of in real world situations.

It's not to say I'm want to "drag" my SUV at the strip, it just means that if I need or want the power, it's there. The Vortec in my truck delivers that, making it enjoyable and fun to drive. What it lacks is the off-road prowess and quality of the 4Runner. I've driven the current model, and tried to drive it like my truck, by pulling out into traffic and merging on the highway, and it just doesn't cut it for me.

The new Mazda MPV V6 is more exciting than the current 'Runner. I expect to get power when I plop down what we're paying for an SUV. But hey, I grew up on muscle cars, so there you go.
    That is true. I mispoke. I meant that more and more manufacturers are adopting that same plan on a variety of their vehicles, like Chrysler and GM, and I believe Ford and Mazda. There are others too, but I don't have time to find all that info. But the warranty info on the new 4Runner is listed in the Powerpoint file I down-loaded from Corey's site, and it's still the same plan.

I too have been frustrated by my '98 GMC Jimmy. Fortunately, most of my major problems occurred under warranty, but I've had a few headaches these past 2 years, out of warranty, that have made me decide to go with the new 4Runner as my next SUV.
  • jf01jf01 Member Posts: 88
    Someone online was allowed to post pictures as his webpage was deemed "an enthusiast site" and he was not profiting from the pictures.
    I think a "30 to 60" time be of more use to consumers, but I suspect most consumers aren't asking about actual numbers anyway but are going by the seat of their pants on the test drive.

Steve
    Host
    The current 3rd gen 4Runner's power is more than adequate. This is something i posted on another thread:

0-60 in 9.5-10 seconds is not too bad, is it? Flat torque curve helps (80% of torque just off idle, shape of curve similar to Land Cruiser's V8)....Like i said, the 4Runner is quite a machine...engine is bullet-proof. Give you a few comparisons of REAL SUVs 0-60 times:

2003 Land Rover Disco (with new 4.6L V8)= 9.5
    2003 Range Rover = 9.5
    2003 Montero = 11-something
    2002 Toyota Land Cruiser = 9.5-10
    2003 Lexus GX470 = 8.5
    2003 Hummer H2 = more than 10 seconds i think
    2002 Infiniti QX4/Pathfinder = about 9.0
    2003 Nissan Xterra = 9.5 with supercharger
    2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 = 7.5-8.0
    2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6 = 9.0

BTW, GMC Envoy, Ford Explorer, MDX, Pilot...i don't consider them in the same class as above in
    terms of off-road ability.

Mind you that the 4Runner sips REGULAR fuel, something that not many SUVs nowadays can claim (count on one hand!). From the above figures, 4Runner is doing pretty well for a relatively small V6 (3.4L), with an iron-block. (Iron-block helps for those who decide to add a supercharger.) Not many other V6 competitor can claim that 80% of torque is available off idle! (even the MDX!)

I think the problem with everyone these days is that they are comparing REAL SUVs to these car/minivan-based pseudo SUVs (lightweight) with car-based engines (high HP but low in torque at low RPMs).

BTW, your Chevy Blazer with the 4.3L in-line 6 OHV engine has around 180-190 HP and 250 torque. I really like that engine. However, it's 0-60 time is not that much better (around 8.5-9.0). It is torquey engine, however, it is well-known that it runs out of gas at highway speed. (my father used to have an S10 with the 4.3L I6.)

I do NOT see 0-60 times as a "safety" measure. Instead, VSC is the thing that will save you on the highway! I did not know that merging into traffic required a 0-60 time of under 7 seconds. For me, i just signal and people let me through. Why do i need to zoom past somebody to signal and wait for them to let me in?? (Most of the time in Texas, that sombody would speed up just to block you off and piss you off!) In addition, with all that speed, do you think it is wise to do so in a 4200+ lbs of steel that has a high center of gravity and relatively poor stopping distance??

My opinion.
    I am a truck nut. I have owned Toyota trucks since 1986. I tow a healthy sized boat, I hunt and fish and really do need a truck bed. All this talk of the new Runner has me thinking though. When this baby hits our lot, I am going to bring in 8 of my fishing rods (yes, I do need 8 rods when I go) and see if I can make them fit. If I can, I will probably own my first SUV.

If I get it, I'm not waiting for the V6. I'm sure it will be fine but were talking about needing to move 4200 pounds worth of metal and fiberglass. Its not the horsepower, but the low end torque that I demand.
  • airburairbur Member Posts: 31
    I know there are a lot of 3rd Gen. owners here who are happy with the "power" of the current engine. And obviously many other 3rd Gen. owners are too as Toyota has sold so many. In my opinion it is underpowered. One of the main reasons I did not buy a 02 4Runner was because as I pulled out of the Toyota lot my foot had to go to the floor to get out of the way of oncoming traffic. And with my foot on the floor it felt like we were barely moving. This is in no way a technical description of 0-60 times like some of the above posts. But it is a real-world one. Even my girlfriend couldn't believe how "gutless" it was. I'm sure that CO high altitude decreases the performance substantially but this is where I live. Here the 3RD Gen is plain and simple GUTLESS.
    I am more than pleased with the performance of my current V-6 in my 1999. I am not sure what the axle ratio is with the P265 60 16's,but, it seems to be just perfect for mtn driving around here? I just took a quick 200 mi trip up the pass and back with 4 people and it did just fine. I was able to keep up with the flow of traffic (85+) and I NEVER felt like it was struggling? The only difference I really notice is that when my rig is under load, the braking gets a little slow. I am getting about 20 mpg continuously. Yes, I want a V-8 because I want to tow a boat sometime in the future,but, that is the only reason.
  • glzr2glzr2 Member Posts: 70
    Toyota is building a new plant in Mexico. They will build the Tacoma to help their Fremont, CA plant. Maybe they will make a production line for the Runner.

kjack100... whoooboy.... talk about sugar. I never said I wouldn't buy an '03, I just would not opt for the third row seat... and if I'm in their target maket... then they have it right. When I said bigger and more expensive, I was implying the Sequoia or the Cruiser.

I think Toyota is concentrating on selling other options and gadgets that they feel are more marketable than incurring the expense of setting up the production/manufacturing of an option they feel would be a low volume seller. Of course this is only my opinion, which is based on the fact that I wouldn't pay for the optional third row.... so please take it with a grain of... sugar.
  • kjack100kjack100 Member Posts: 133
    Excuse my saltiness. I enjoy your posts, just taking a bit of frustration out on you.

The thing is production/manufacturing for third row seating option will be set up for the GX470, the identical platform Lexus. So, where's the extra expense there? One day you'll have kids, won't want a soccer mobile and understand.

I have blown enough hot air on this topic. Done. I was going to wait for the 2004 anyway. Maybe Toyota will come around that model year.
    With the 265/70/16 tires, the axle ratio is 4.10:1, which is really nice.

Airbur...what other SUVs are you comparing the 3rd gen to???
    I have now confirmed that the JZ option code is painted cladding and flares. The JZ option will be on all 4WD models coming to the Central Atlantic region. That means two tone Runners just like we have had for several years now. If y'all remember, the old Sport Package used to come with black fender flares. That was changed to painted flares two years ago because Toyota became aware that the black look didn't cut it.

I'm not positive I like the two tone look (although the silver ones should come out monochrome) but I do know that it is a drastic improvement over the unpainted black cladding.
    I know we have had info on the proposed colors for the 03's,but, I have always been fond of the Jade Mica Green w/the Thundercloud overfenders. I wonder if they will offer anything in the same color scheme?
    I just went back to my previous posts and added up the number of vehicles coming to this region. The CAT region encompasses 132 dealerships of varying size In the first two months of production, we are getting 1782 4WD units plus another 100 or so 2WDs. That's a lot of Runners.

As a dealer, I actually don't want to see this. Short supplies are great for our bottom line. With this quantity of vehicles ordered, I don't foresee any product shortages, except possibly for models with the navigation system.
    You're in luck. In the October order, 9% of the SR5 and Sport models will be jade green with gray painted fenders and cladding. Again, this only applies to the Central Atlantic Region.
    Sorry, I mis-read the TVO book. The green/gray combo will be 9% in the 2WD variant. In the 4WD, it will be 8% of the SR5 and 2% of the Sport.
  • world_travelerworld_traveler Member Posts: 153
    Can you tell us what color combination will be available for the Sports Silver (1D4 I think)

Will it be available only is Silver/Gray for the Sports Edition ???

Here in Canada I have a 1D4 on order (V6 for January) It only mentions 1D4 for the color (Silver Titanium) and it does not mention anything about the cladding color. Could it be that is all Silver despite the fact that it is a Sports model ???

Thanks