Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• bh84bh84 Member Posts: 1
    How much should I expect to pay out the door? Any recommended dealers in long island, ny? Thanks!
  • nashkarennashkaren Member Posts: 2
    I also just purchased a Corolla LE w/ the EVP option and floor mats from Marietta Toyota in Georgia for 13500 OTD. I felt like I could have gone to 13200, but I can't haggle to save my life. This price is pre-tax, since I am registering it in Tennessee.
  • boricua91169boricua91169 Member Posts: 5
    Any good Lease deals for corollas in the Northeast. Or any currrent experiences leasing one. Need info thanks.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    The only promo lease shown on Toyota's website is for the 2010 Corolla LE. It's $229 for 35 months, $0 due at signing and includes Toyota Care (free 2yr/25k maintenance). The mileage allowance is 12k per year, so 35k total for the lease term with a penalty of $0.15 per mile overage. Lease-end purchase option is $9,815. Taxes and any other fees aren't included in the $229 and will increase payment amount.

Check out some of the dealer websites in your specific area because there may be other lease specials not advertised on a national level!

They're also offering 0.9% APR financing for up to 60 months on the 2010 Corolla LE, but the S model isn't included in that offer. The payment would be $17.05 for every $1000 financed on a 60-month loan term. So if you financed $15k, the payment would be about $255.75 per month....less than $30 more than the lease payments and you'd own it and not have to worry about mileage restrictions, etc.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • jackizmejackizme Member Posts: 5
    Ok, I'm going to call BS on this one... What year and how many miles did you get on your Corolla? There is no way you can buy a "new" untitled Corolla LE for $13500! I don't believe it, I sure couldn't do it! Dealer's aren't stupid and they aren't going to loose money just to sell "you" a car! If you really did this then post a copy of your Purchase Order and the full VIN.
  • cascadejimcascadejim Member Posts: 11
    Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2007 S w/ 48k miles and 5 spd manual. Decent condition, a few small cosmetic flaws. It's certified pre-owned. $11800 is their offer to me, i think it could be a little better. I am thinking 11,200.

Anyone have any insight? Thoughts?
  • aznsmithaznsmith Member Posts: 2
    I just recently bought a new 2010 Corolla S with the extra value package and floor mats for $14.7k after destination fees and whatnot. I got the "free" 2 year maintenance but i'm sure that's with all new toyota sales. The financial officer sold me into the 3 year extended comprehensive warranty for an extra $1k.

My car is magnetic gray with black (some blue fabric accents) interior. It's by far the best car i've driven in its class.

What do you guys think of that deal?
  • shauggyshauggy Member Posts: 4
    Right now through Zag.com (through our Bank of America account) we can get a new 2010 Corolla (manual) for $12,359 (before options, dealer fees, tax, etc.) The Corolla S (which I assume we'd need in order to get the black interior) goes for $13,561 before everything else. I know the old adage about "if it seems too good to be true", etc. Anyone have any experience with Zag.com's service?
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Do you really think you'll need this warranty? Toyota's are pretty reliable appliances actually...have had a few over the past 20 or so years & have been pretty good. We've never bought a warranty yet for any of our cars and we've run the gamut...Buick, Oldsmobile, Nissan, Mazda, Toyota & Honda. I guess they can be a good thing...we just never have done one yet.
    Good luck & enjoy the ride...I personally like the "S" model myself...looks a bit nicer than the plain Corolla's...a little more sporty. Congrats.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

As an update, we were just quoted $13,000 for a manual Corolla S, and $14,063 for a Corolla S manual with window tint and moonroof. Add $1k in tax/fees, so $14k OTD for the manual Corolla S (more if you want the one with tint/sunroof). :) We're in Charlotte, NC but the dealer is just across the border in SC.
  • fagosfagos Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    1. Does anyone know whether the Toyota College Graduate $1,000 Rebate Program can be combined with the $750 Factory Cash Back?
    2. I can afford to pay the car in cash, do I still have to finance it through TFS to get the Toyota College Graduate?
    3. If could get the college rebate without financing it, do I still need collision insurance?

If you know from personal experience please let me know ASAP since I want to buy a Corolla LE within the next 2-3 days. The dealers are telling me that most probably I could combine them but the factory cash back says "Offers cannot be combined" but they are telling me that it cannot be combined with 0% financing. One guy here posted said that he could not stack them for a Toyota Camry.

EDIT: After some searching I was able to find the following bulletin:
    http://www.rodlandtoyota.com/images/pdfs/College%20Grad%20Rebate%20Program%20201- - - 0.pdf
    that says: "Effective 01/05/10, Dealer Participation is no longer allowed under the College Graduate Rebate Program". Should I take this as no to my first question? Then I guess the dealers are lying to me to make me buy the car... and find out that I am not eligible for both rebates only after I am about to sign.
  • aznsmithaznsmith Member Posts: 2
    You can't combine the factory cash back with the 0% but you can combine either the 0% or factory rebate with the graduate rebate.

Regarding the college incentive on their website: "Rebate available on contracts executed between January 5, 2010 and January 3, 2011". It's posted on their website. Whatever pdf you printed seems outdated.

I was able to get all incentives but the 0% due to the APR not being able to be combined with my $1000 factory rebate. It was cheaper to get the 1k instead of 0% because of my down payment.
    Thanks for your quick reply! So were you able to combine both college rebate and factory cash back?
    The pdf doesn't seem outdated to me since it is for January 05, 2010 through January 03, 2011. Yes I know that the rebate is posted on the toyotafinancial website but doesn't say anything whether it could be combined or not with any factory cash back... On the pdf I found it's highlighted that it cannot be combined with any dealer participation and I guess the factory cash back belongs to that no?
    Do you I know the answers to my 2nd and 3rd questions?
    Thanks again!
    edited November 2010
    Just to answer my own questions:
    1. Toyota College Graduate $1,000 Rebate Program can be combined with the $750 Factory Cash Back!
    2. To get the Toyota College Graduate $1,000 Rebate financing is required.

I just bought today a Toyota 2010 Corolla LE in Southern California (MSRP $18,060) for $15,500 before sales taxes and dmv fees and before the combined $1750 rebates. OTD was ($15,500 + $55) * 1.0875 + $303.75 -$1750 = $15,469.81. I paid $10,469.81 downpayment and I financed 5,000 with 3.75% (that I will pay it off completely anyway after a couple of months).
  • limasawalimasawa Member Posts: 3
    My son did tons of research using Zag, internet pricing, etc. of many metro Atlanta dealers, eventually working with 5-6 dealers. Marietta Toyota would have sold us a new S for $13,997 at the end of November. We bought the color he wanted in December at Sandy Springs Toyota for $14,400. This was brand new and had <50 miles on it and included the spoiler, alloy wheels, etc. Only option was floormats. The recent college graduate $1000 rebate was then applied, lowering the price to $13,400! Dealers in Atlanta are advertising LEs on their websites for $13,775 so you can get them lower if you bargain a bit. Cobb County Toyota would have sold us an S for $14,780. Team Toyota Lithia Springs was around $14,500. Just do your work and you'll get an amazing price on a '10 Corolla these days.

The $1000 recent college graduate discount came with a BIG issue though, interest rates of 11-17% !!! SET gives you $1000 and them whams you with outrageous interest rates, even though I'm on the loan with my son and we both have very high credit scores. The loan prepayment fee is $100 so we'll refinance in a few days at around 4% and eat the $100 prepayment fee. Gotta love SE Toyota.
  • shouravvshouravv Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2010
    I bought my new Corolla from Tansky's (Columbus, OH) 1 month ago, for $14,670 OTD (including tax, BMV+doc fees etc.), zero down, and 0% APR: that is $244.50/month for 60-months. It's the auto-trans basic trim plus all-weather-pkg, carpeted-mats and rear-bumper-protector. I got the $1000 college grad discount, $500 customer cash, and they combined it with the 0% APR offer. Actually I got very similar quotes from other Toyota dealers in the area as well, Tansky's just happened to be the first to give me an appointment.

I don't exactly feel that I got a bad deal, since the TMV price for this car was about $800 more at that point. However, it seems that all the Columbus area Toyota dealers have about 150+ new Corollas sitting in the lots (although just a handful are basic trim) so I am just feeling that if I waited may be I could have gotten a LE or better for this price. Oh well, I went for the best I could get at that point.

What do you guys think, was it a fair price?
  • ovyboxovybox Member Posts: 21
    I think you got a really good deal. The 0% APR is worth another $1000, off the top of my head.
  • tjinvatjinva Member Posts: 23
    Here is the deal we finalized in Northern Virginia:

36 months lease
    45K miles
    MSRP $18,060
    Monthly payments $174
    Front end payment of $845: first month's lease payment, taxes, tags, and processing

Acquisition fee of $650, was built into the lease payment
    Re: "Front end payment of $845: first month's lease payment, taxes, tags, and processing"

A clarification to the above statement: the $845 front end payment was made up of the first month's lease payment, taxes, tags and processing.

It was NOT a reduction of the capitalized cost.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Wow... that's a cheap lease!

Good job!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mvermamverma Member Posts: 3
    I bought toyota corolla LE automatic today and I feel bad seeing all the price here. It seems I got cheated. I paid 16200 OTD. MSRP was 18300. I am paying zero APR for 60 months. I did not get any college grad discount. I did not have any trade in. Did I get screwed?
    Does 15700 includes tax and all? is it on zero APR?
  • explorer007explorer007 Member Posts: 1
    I don't mean to interrupt the previous poster, but I too am in a similar predicament. I would very much appreciate feedback/critique for my soon-to-purchase, end-of-the-year 2010 Toyota Corolla LE.

A little background info:

I'm a first-time new car buyer, who waited purposely towards the end of the year. I will be paying in cash. Essentially after a week of intensive research (edmunds, true car, cars direct, etc) I have an idea on a competitive, reasonable offer price.

However I don't trust my judgment.

Blame it on inexperience or the fact that I'm too close to the situation, I worry I'm not seeing things objectively.

Here are the figures I got from a potential auto dealer (among several others):

MSRP: $18,050
    Offer: $16, 244
    OTD: $18,103

There is a $1,000 rebate so the OTD cost would be down to $17,103.00 (correct me if I'm off). This deal will expire on Wednesday Dec 29, 2010.

Question:
    If you were buying this car, how would YOU counter-offer the socal California dealer, keeping the annual timing in mind, and your eagerness to demonstrate your high pricing I.Q./savvy. Up to this point, I've been vacillating between $15,600 - $15,900 range. Too high/low still?

note: Long story short, I believe the dealer made a concerted effort to dust himself off, get back on his feet and to propose this deal - which I am grateful for. I don't want to come off as a shill, as I understand that he is running a business. A diplomatic counter-offer price is what I'm looking for. Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated ... before the deal expires.
    Actually, that seems about the right OTD for a LE. Note that at many times people don't distinguish between OTD price (actual price paid) or base price (before tax etc.) when posting here, or mention if they got the 0% APR (which is kind of worth between $1k to $4k depending on your credit worthiness). And plus-minus a couple of hundred bucks is usual depending of local dealer inventory etc.

Stop fretting about it and enjoy your new car!
    edited December 2010
    My OTD offer would be $15,900, that is $265/month at 0% for 60 months if you need financing.

Just walk into the dealership an hour before they close on a weekday, say that you are ready to sign right then if and only if they can give you $265/month (or $15,900). Stick to it. Let them do the talking to prove how much money they are losing: don't worry, it's all bs, so you needn't feel bad. And by the way, have dinner before you go in, because you'll be there for 3-4 hours, as the salesman passes you to saler manager, and he passes you to GM, and he passes you the Finance guy etc. And for heaven's sake don't buy any "extras" (warranty / service / GAP) from the guy doing your paperworks at the end, you'll be burnt if you do.

BTW, the offer won't expire. The dealer will be even more desperate the closer to the new year he gets. He needs to make room for the 2011 models! Just stick to your offer. If they say they just can't meet you price, look sorry and start leaving. If they seem not to try to stop you, offer $270/month ($16,200). But not any higher. There are too many Corollas in the market for one dealer to be so obstinate.

Good luck!
    For a new 2010 Toyota Corolla with a MSRP of $18060, IMO you should not pay more than $14,900 plus taxes, tags and dealer processing assuming that you can arrange your own financing or pay cash - assuming that you are in a reasonably competitive market.

If you are wanting the 0% financing then you would want to pay an additional $750 which is I believe the current cash rebate for some one not wanting the financing from Toyota.

I got the Corolla for closer to $14,400 plus taxes, tags and processing but that was because the dealer had a lot of inventory and probably wanted to move some cars out in a hurry.

I am in Northern Virginia but having lived in Southern CA, I know that the market there is a lot more competitive than it is here.

I personally cite prices before taxes, tags and processing because these vary by state - especially the sales tax factor. I have purchased six cars in the last ten years for our use as well as negotiating deals for my children.

BTW, I don't negotiate in person or by phone but rely entirely on email. It is much more efficient and though dealers don't like it they are willing to do so. I finalize the terms and then we meet and complete the transaction. I have negotiated prices for six cars over the past ten years for myself or my children and it has worked out every time. The cars have ranged from Lexus to BMW to Acura and Toyota.

Hope this is helpful to you.
  • nashkarennashkaren Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    Hello, sorry for the late reply. I didn't notice your response. Marietta Toyota gave me a great deal, I was very pleased! Here is a link to my purchase order:

http://img821.imageshack.us/i/purchaseorder.jpg/
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315
    I hate to do it but I am trading my Tacoma in tomorrow for a Corolla S model. I am worried that gas will be at $4.00 a gallon and I do not want the feeling of putting $80.00 a week in my gas tank again. Local Cincinnati dealer here gave me $3000.00 off the $19,984 sticker and the fee's were only $50.00 that included temp,Docs,Title. The nice thing is free maintenance for 30,000 miles including the 30,000 mile service. This dealer will also gave me a life time warranty on the car as long as I get all the service done there.
  • mikey124mikey124 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Bay Area (SF)

2010 Corolla S
    - 5 speed manual
    - option package 3 (alloy wheels etc)
    - car mats

$14298 (includes all fees EXCEPT government taxes/fees).

Sent emails to all dealers in a 75 mile radius for exact car I wanted.
    Many were very high and just dreaming.
    Zag as well. Lowest from zag -- dealer wouldn't return messages or emails --- clearly bogus.

In the end the first salesman who called me, actually had the lowest price and did a dealer trade with another dealer to get the car for me. Outstanding customer service.

Easy transaction, had to drive 45 miles to pick up car, no big deal.

Hope this helps someone.
  • r32r32 Member Posts: 3
    Hi mikey124,

Thanks for your post.

I'm also in the market for the a Corolla S and I am in the bay area.
    Do you mind sharing with me the name of the dealer you bought your Corolla S from?

Many Thanks!

-r32
    Just to post another update, we paid $14,063 for a manual Corolla S with window tint and a sunroof (just over $15k OTD). Went through Bank of America for our financing and got 2.79%

We started our purchase through Zag with a base model Corolla - Zag lets you configure a car with an options you want, even ones that aren't available (just to drive traffic to the dealer, I'm sure) We tried a couple different cars and a few different configurations and found it cheaper just across the border in SC than anywhere else nearby. The dealer couldn't give us the one we originally wanted, so they offered us the same discount off an S model (which ended up being cheaper than the Zag discount of the S)

I went to a dealer closer to our house with my Zag printout, and they poo-poohed the Zag deal saying they doubted it was legit....so I went back to the original dealer, placed a deposit and a few days later picked up the car. 2500 miles on it so far, she's still doing well.
  • kannanpkannanp Member Posts: 3
    Hi Verma,
    Can you pls tell me where did you buy your car? I am in Milpitas, CA.

thanks
    Kannan
    Hi,
    Can you pls let me know from which dealer you bought your car. I am also looking for the same.

thanks
    Kannan
  • zephearzephear Member Posts: 3
    shouravv, is this the base model or S? Manual or automatic? Just wanted some more details as I am shopping for a 2010 Corolla S Automatic.

Thanks in advance.
    as well the dealer and location, that would be very helpful.

thanks
    Kanann
  • tamaragtamarag Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm in the Bay Area as well looking to buy a Corolla within 6 weeks...sounds like you got a good deal. What dealership did you buy from?
  • andrelaplumeandrelaplume Member Posts: 934
    The ole advertising fee I think is rearing its ugly head here in PA. 2010 Corolla LE, auto, LE#1 Pck, Weather Pck, Bdy Side Mld, Pref'd Accessory Pck....Edmunds says Inv = $16730...dealer says $17K....not clear what the differnce is but I'd guess advertising fee....is that actually on the invoice in PA? They seam to be willing to sell at 'invoice' plus $750 rebate...is this reasonable?
  • dodgerdealdodgerdeal Member Posts: 21
    I'm getting quotes for 2010 LE auto in the Dallas area for $15.2-15.8 I think this is high. What do you think?
  • hottraxhottrax Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased last week a 2010 S Automatic for $14,791 OTD in Augusta, GA. I searched through truecar.com first then come into the dealership. They quoted me $14,760. The dealership is Milton Ruben Toyota. I negotiated down to $14,150 with the help of my beautiful wife. (I offered to trade her in but they declined.) The car is actually for her.

I originally wanted a LE Auto that they quoted me $14,081 invoice but it was gone the next day. Anyway, they had several S left and I took the silver one. They were saying the 2010 stock were going fast but they might still have a few left.
  • y12dy12d Member Posts: 2
    I got 2010 LE (auto) + installed options (see below) for 14650+taxes+doc fee (350) in MA

Installed Options: FE: 50 State Emissions / EM: Color Outside Rear View Mirror with Heater / CK: All Weather Guard Package: (Heavy Duty Heater with Rear Seat Heater Duct, Anti-Chip Tape, Color-Keyed Heated Outside Mirrors) / LE: LE Package: (Power Windows with Driver-Side Auto Down and Shift Activated Power Door Locks) / QA: LE EVP #1 Includes (Cruise Control and Remote Keyless Entry w/ Key Transmitter) / B3: Bluetooth Handsfree / CF: Carpet Floor Mats and Trunk Mats / DK: Preferred Owner's Portfolio / EF: Rear Bumper Protector
    is it zero percent financed? There is 1000 usd difference with zero percent finance or not...
  • y12dy12d Member Posts: 2
    no, it is not. i am getting 3% for 60mths from local bank
  • hottraxhottrax Member Posts: 3
    I paid cash for mine. I didn't ask about any incentives nor was I aware of any.
    They just succumb to my wife's haggling and we agreed to the lowest price possible. They could also have been trying to clear their 2010 stock. Anyway, this dealership was easy and reputable enough that I would not hesitate to purchase a car from them again.
    Sorry for the late reply, I was a little busy.

Mine is a base model: so no power window, key-less entry or power locks. But it has the all weather package (snow tires, more powerful heater, rear heating duct, anti-chip tape) and carpeted floor mats (5 pcs).

I got it from Tansky Sawmill Toyota. It was the last 2010 base model they had. Last time I checked, Germain had two of these in stock. They all probably have a few 2011 base models but that'd be more expensive now.

Hope this helps still.
  • dkandkan Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am in the market for a 2010/2011 corolla LE in texas? If someone can share the price, dealer, options in the car in texas, i will appreciate it a lot. I live in austin.
  • jackizmejackizme Member Posts: 5
    Ok, what i want to know is how you guys are finding new 2010 Corolla for $14***.00!!! Here were I live I can get invoice $16850- rebate$1000= $15850. So how can you get the deals you say you're getting??? They don't exist. If they do, help me understand how to get one! Thanks
    not sure if this helps...in eastern Pa...took delivery on a 2010 LE. It had the standard LE pack (heavy duty heater, anti chip etc), and whatever the pack was that included cruise control and 5 pc floor mats, it also had a 16" steel wheel upgrade option and I added body side molding, and a spoiler (that alone was just under $400).

Atfer my trade and such the car was $17,500 out the door. It looks like they tried to show it selling at invoice (which I thought was infalted by $300 (advertizing---who knows), anyway I think the had invoice at $16.8K or so -

I then got them to include the body side molding in that price and paid an additional $400 for a spoiler. I think I could have negoatiated another $500 off but really did not have the stomach for it. I got it for the price I wanted with my trade.

I'll add a 7/75K Toyota platinum zero deductible warranty from a dealer I found in Kansas for $529. For 18K out the door it seamed reasonable.
  • jha222jha222 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,
    It is a 2010 Toyota Corolla LE Auto with the following options:

AM/FM/ In-Dash 6 CD Changer with MP3/WMA Playback Capability, Satellite Capable (Requires Receiver & Subscription) with Six Speakers ..................................... 240.00
    All Weather Guard Package ............................................................. 150.00
    LE EVP #1: Includes Cruise Control and Remote Keyless Entry w/ Key Transmitter ................................................................................- ............................ 100
    Power Tilt & Slide Moonroof with Sunshade .......................................... 890.00

The OTD price is $17,431.93.

Do you guys think its reasonable ?
    Thank you
    sounds like I should have waited till Feb to buy! How did you find an LE with a moonroof...by me I just see them on the S's.
  • jha222jha222 Member Posts: 6
    Hello, i dont know. This is the last 2010 they have. I just asked for a 2010 because of the 0 APR.
    Do you mind sharing how much did you pay for your car ?

$17,431 is the OTD including the $1000 rebates. Any suggestions on the counter offer ?