Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

Comments

• green2daygreen2day Member Posts: 3
    a deaker told sent me this:

The current lease for the CC LUX is as follows:

36 mos 12k with $2999 down is $432.96 plus tax (475.17)

Is this the national deal?
  • edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    Hi Krygier, That sounds like an excellent deal. vWhat was the purchase price? The SoCal dealer? All the dealers just north of L.A. are small and I have not found one with any inventory yet.
  • fleek1116fleek1116 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

I saw you quote numbers for the 2010 CC Sport Manual at .00007 and 50% for a 36-month, 12k mile lease. Are these numbers the same for the automatic or are they different?

Also, when will you have any idea on the lease numbers for May?

Thanks a lot for your help!
    chrishh,

If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you have the issue with? I'm negotiating a lease on a 2010 CC right now and have everything where I want it to be except for the money factor. This was just the initial MF quote so I'm hoping they were just trying to fudge the payment a little bit but I'll see what they come back with tomorrow.

I'll let you know how leasing goes if it turns out I buy from them!

Thanks,
    fleek1116
  • mobymobmobymob Member Posts: 5
    Just signed a Lease for a 2010 VW CC Sport. Its silver with Black Leatherette interior. It has chrome tips and a IPOD adapter added.
    MSRP: $30,300
    36 Month Lease, 15,000 miles/year. 1st Payment and tax/title due at signing (Roughly $500)
    $365.00 with all taxes and fees.
    Seems like a great deal compared to similar deals. Had to definitely deal with the guy and I'm a repeat customer which may have helped.
    Dealership is located in Columbus, Ohio.
    Sounds like a great deal moby! (almost exactly like mine actually)

I'm just finishing up my deal on a 2010 CC Sport, Island Gray, Two-tone interior, rubber mats, trunk liner, chrome exhaust, iPod adapter.
    MSRP: $30,199
    Money down: $328 (first payment without tax for some reason)
    Monthly payment: $347 with everything included.
    I found another dealer advertising a great price on a similar CC with different colors and not as many features so I used that to leverage a price-match of sorts. I can't wait to pick up the new CC on Saturday.
    Wow thats the best I've heard, I haven't signed yet so maybe I'll try working it down a bit, I just thought there was no room left to negotiate. I'll tell them $350/month or I'll go elsewhere. Just 2 questions

1) How many months are you leasing it for?
    2) How many miles a year do you get?

Thank you!
    edited April 2010
    Ah yes, kind of important numbers that I neglected to mention.

I'm doing 36 months, 12k miles per year. Your extra 3000 miles are usually about 10 bucks a month from what I've read so you aren't too far off at all. I tried to get them to throw in tint (which costs them nearly nothing according to an old car salesman friend) which they said they absolutely could not do. Whether or not that is true is debatable, but they are obviously pretty close to their minimum.

They have me at .00007 money factor and 50% residual.

Hope this helps! Good luck with the last part of the negotiation too.
    I'm really glad you told me about this. I thought no one in the area would be able to touch the deal so I shopped around and told my original salesman about it (which didn't make him very happy). I was able to have them take care of the first months payment which means I'll be responsible for about $100 for tax/title. Therefore my new deal looks like this:

2010 VW CC Sport (Options include Auto transmission, Chrome tips, IPod hookup)
    MSRP: $31,000
    36 month lease, 15,000 miles/ year
    Down Payment: $100 (For tax/title)
    Monthly payments thereafter (Taxes,Fees all included) = $365
    Total Payments (With all fees/taxes) for 36 months & 45,000 miles = $12,875

I'm very happy with this deal!
  • victor23victor23 Member Posts: 201
    What dealership in Columbus, OH have you leased your car, please?
    The Dealership was Midwestern Auto Group (VW Sales) in Dublin, Ohio. The salesman's name is John B. If you go there tell him Chris M. Referred you! Let me know if you can make a deal!
  • dk90210dk90210 Member Posts: 5
    I see an advertised special in this week's newspaper for a 2010 VW CC Sport, Automatic transmission, for $249 + tax per month for 36 months with $2995 total drive-off. Sounds like a fantastic deal... I'm definitely going down to the dealer tomorrow night to check it out.

Do you suppose they are using the .00007 MF and 50% residual figures that were mentioned earlier in this thread? If so, what would the cost be with $0 drive-off (i.e., "sign and drive")?

Thanks! :shades:
    Thanks a lot, Chris! I will.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi fleek1116. The numbers for the CC Sport manual and automatic are exactly the same.

VW Credit's new May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 50%, respectively...exactly the same as they were last month.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • njguy3twonjguy3two Member Posts: 3
    Wow that is a great deal. Can you please tell me what dealership you got this deal at? I too am looking for 2010 CC sport and when shopping around this weekend the best I could find is 3000 down and 350 a month for 36 months.

Thanks
    In my last post I failed to mention that if anyone could recommend a dealership in the New Jersey or New York area where they got a fair deal on a 2010 CC Sport it would be much appreciated. The quote I got this past weekend seemed a bit high at 3000 down for $350 per month for 36 months with tax and tags included. Thank you all for the help and the valuable knowledge passed on.
    edited May 2010
    If you'd like to get the information for the Columbus Ohio Dealership you can shoot me an email at Mobymob(@)gmail.com and I can get you in contact with the right people here. Hopefully you can find someone more local however!
  • ag1979ag1979 Member Posts: 5
    The dealership I got it from was Palisades Volkswagen in Nyack, NY. Turns out they were the closest to my house and were the cheapest.

Talk to Dan Bennewitz (real nice guy) and tell him Agron sent you.

Good Luck !
    Thank you for the quick reply back. I'll let you know how I made out.
  • andy_flintandy_flint Member Posts: 16
    Just got the following quote:

2010 CC Sport w/ Two tone seats
    Sell Price - $29,619
    Residual - $14,830
    MF - .00132

Monthly Payment: $494 + tax

That seems way high. What should I be shooting for in terms of a sale price? Do the MF and residual seem correct?
    @ post #273

Residual is correct if your vehicle is automatic no option (even mats) and mileage allowance is 12k/year: 29660*50% (it is 48% for 15k and 51% for 10k)/

MF is way too high. It must be 0.00007 if your credit is good and around 0.0006 if the dealer wants to screw you up.

Sell price is too high. Where I live (PA), you can get 28,600 with no effort, 27,300 with a minimum effort (or with no effort in OH), and down to 26,000 and maybe even a bit less in some parts of OH, VA (others also reported GA and Southern CA) if you are lucky at the month end.

Anyway, not more than 28,660 (which is MSRP 29,660 minus factory-to-customer lease cash $1,000 until end of May).
    Forgot to say. Your invoice (with destination) is, according to various sources, 27,763 (Edmunds TMV), or 28,105 (CarsDirect), or 28,200 (zag.com). The rule of thumb is: invoice minus factory-to-dealer incentives/holdbacks (which we don't really know) minus factory-to-customer Lease Bonus ($1,000) plus $200-300 (for the deal to make sense for a dealer). Your worst-case scenario: 28200-1000+300=27500 (cash/lease) or 28500 (0% financing). If only your local market isn't too hot.

Good luck
  • otto1976otto1976 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mr. Carman,

First... Thank you for a wonderful service!!

Would you be so kind as to let me know what the money factor / depreciation is for the month of June on a 2010 VW CC (Sport) 36 mo lease? (12K mi/year)

Thank you very much!

:)
    You're very welcome, otto1976. Thank you for the compliment :).

Through June 1st Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC 2.0T Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 50%, respectively.

I see that you specifically asked about this car's June lease program. Volkswagen has not published it yet, but I expect it to do so some time on the 2nd or so. Please feel free to post a reminder in this discussion for me then and I'll be happy to provide you with an update on what the new program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Re: Msg #264
    Chris:
    I didn't talk to the salesman you mentioned, because when I posted, I have already been in contact with other people of the same dealership. Anyway, I've negotiated some deals (comparable to what you've got) at several places, mostly around Columbus (although I searched far and wide, in 5 states). However, when push came to shove, they've all reneged on the deals under various excuses. After talking to them, I have an impression that you were luckier because April programs were probably better than May's, and also because you closed at the month's end.

At the end of the day (or, to be more correct, at the end of the month), the deal I got yesterday was not as great as yours, but comparable. I don't post details because I eventually switched to the 0% for 60 months instead.

Take home message for the forum participants: watch out for MF the dealers use! Even if you qualify for the best rate, they routinely try to overblow MF (in my case, from 0.00007 to as much as 0.00062, which would increase "after tax" monthly payment by almost $25). They may keep the difference for themselves, and this practice is perfectly legal.
  • otto1976otto1976 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man!

As you suggested, I'm posting this to see if you got the lease numbers for June.

I'm looking for a 2010 CC Luxury model. Lease 36 months, 12K mi/year.
    I have excellent credit with a long history of VW leases.

Thanks again!!

• lgrunauer1lgrunauer1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please post the numbers for June for a CC Sport (manual) for 36 months, 12k miles per year?

Until last month the best deal I was able to get was a sign and drive for $330 tax in (7%). Anybody got something better?

Thanks!
  • ag1979ag1979 Member Posts: 5
    You got offered a 2010 Sport Manual trans with 12K per year for 36 months, for $330 all in with zilch down? (nothing out of pocket)

Are you sure thats correct? either that was the deal of the century or the dealership was pulling your leg. That comes out $11,880 ($330 x 36), which is a helluva deal.

I would have taken it and run.
  • talon4x4talon4x4 Member Posts: 21
    My finance's lease is up on her Altima on July 1st. We have decided to go with the CC Sport. According to TMV selling price in our area is $27,100 and TruCar shows $28,000 on a sticker price of $29,600. We are looking for a 3 year lease with 10k/month with no more than $1000 or so down to cover tax and licensing fees. What sort of residual and money factor are we looking at for June??

I also see on Edmunds that VW does have a cash incentive this month of $1250. How does that work?? The terms of the incentive are "$1250 VCI Lease Bonus program is available to customers who finance via a VCI lease contract using special rates. "

Thanks for the help!!
    I'm going to the dealer today and below is what I hope to accomplish, let me know if it sounds resonable. My calculations are base on 50% residual and .00007 money factor, hopefully those are June's numbers.

2010 Volkswagen CC
    MSRP: $30,279 (includes: CC Protection kit, iPod integration and manual trans)
    Price I'd like to pay: $27,629

My lease calculation:
    30279 * 50% = 15139.50 (residual value)
    27629 - 15139.50 = 12489.50 (depreciation)
    12489 / 36 = $346.93 (depreciation payment)
    (27629 + 15139.50) * .00007 = $2.99 (money factor payment)
    Lease payment before tax = $349.92 * 8.75% (NYS tax) = $380.54

So I'm looking for a monthly lease payment of $380 with the only out of pocket expenses being DMV fees and dealer fees. This doesn't calculate in the $1250 incentive I mentioned above because I'm not sure what it is and if I'm eligible for it.
    Your numbers seem realistic (I got 317 base montly payment for Sport Auto with less than $700 drive-off), but already very close to the minimum. You don't have, probably, much room left to negotiate on a non-demo car, and you may be offered this king of a deal again only in the last days of the month. On the other hand, it seems like June's programs are a tad better than in May.
    This means that if you negotiate the very best "cash" price of X, you are going to pay this price if you pay cash, or use some "external" financing. To use VW financing at 0% APR, your price is X+1250. To lease through VW, your price is again X, but you have to pay in addition $625 acquisition fee, and $350 disposition fee at the end of the lease (waived only if you buy a new VW, but not if you pay off and buy back your current lease). Be prepared that most of actual cars come with some factory-installed options, so your MSRP will be most probably about $29850 give or take $200, instead of $29660.
    You apparently mean DSG automatic.
    When all incentives are factored in, you could probably aim at about $27k. Even less (down to about 26k), but I am not sure if it is realistic att all in your market and in particular in the beginning of the months. You could potentially save up to $500-1000 if you delay your purchase to the end of June, though you could be left with less vehicles to choose from, as the MY nears its end.
    Thanks for the info Victor!! I really wanted to wait until the end of the month when the other lease was up but I was at the dealers yesterday (unfortunately they had closed so I couldn't talk to anyone) and found the exact car we are looking for. So that's why we are going today instead of waiting. I guess I'll see if they are willing to give the deal I'm looking for. If not, I'll just play the waiting game. Don't have to turn my other car in until July 1st.
    Signed for the CC last night, figured I share my deal. I went to VW of Orchard Park and the deal couldn't have been easier. If you look at post #283 I outlined my lease calculation and what I had hoped to pay. The salesman came in $.11 above what I calculated!! I couldn't believe it, no hassles, no haggling, nothing. His first offer was $380.65 (tax included) with $1100 out of pocket. The $1100 was first months payment, acquisition fee, doc fee and some tire fee. So that would have to mean I was able to get the car at $2650 under MSRP w/options and a money factor of .00007. I was so happy with his first offer that I didn't even ask to see his numbers, wish I would of.
  • klipticalkliptical Member Posts: 1
    I saw in the paper my local Volkswagen dealer (Buffalo NY) had a CC Sport w Manual with the follwoing:

237/Month.
    10,000K/YR
    2900 Down Payment + Tax + Dealer Fees

Does this seem to good to be true or is this in line with what everyone else is offering?
    Far from everyone else will offer this, esp. in the paper. On the other hand, it is not "too good to be true" either. You could possibly do even a bit better.
    Here you go, otto1976. Volkswagen Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 26 month lease of a 2010 CC Luxury with 12,000 miles per year are .00014 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lgrunauer1. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC 2.0T Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00004 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • bidarianbidarian Member Posts: 4
    Car_man,
    Got a lease residual of 49% for Sport and 48% for Sport with R-line package from a dealer for June on a 36 mo/12K per year lease. Is it true that the R-line package gets you a 1% lower residual? Is the MF for June the same as it was in May (0.00007)?

The price I've been quoted on a Sport R-line with MDI and exhaust tips with MSRP of $29,908 is great ($26,600 with 0% APR, $25,600 for lease or cash), but the ultra low residuals make it less than a stellar lease. What's your take on a 48% residual for a 3 yr/36K mile lease?
  • quintopquintop Member Posts: 6
    That's a fantastic quote (~$1,880 discount to invoice)! Did you accept it or try to grind them harder? Where in the country are you located? Also, if you take the $1,000 Friends & Family discount, are you disqualified from the 60 month, 0% APR financing?

I think the 48% residual sucks, especially if you don't end up purchasing your CC at the termination of your lease. I wonder why they don't hold up their residual value compared to other 36-month imports like Lexus IS250 (60%) and Hyundai Genesis Coupe (59%)...?
  • quintopquintop Member Posts: 6
    So everyone can compare, I just purchased a CC Sport 2.0T with manual trans, R-Line package, MDI, chrome tips (MSRP $29,908) for $25,000. It was a long negotiation process where I had several dealers bidding for my business, but by waiting until the last day of the month, I received rock bottom priceing! Good luck! This car is amazing and so much fun to drive! Look forward to meeting everyone on the boards!
  • bidarianbidarian Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    quintop,
    No, I didn't take the plunge. It was a dealer from Northern California and I prefer to buy locally in SoCal. I would have also had to pay $200-350 in transportation charge to pick up a car I had never seen. Also, the car was black and I did not want a black car. I think the residuals are low because of all the rebates and incentives they are offering.

Timmons VW in Long Beach was advertising all DSG Sport R-line CC's for $309/mo plus tax (3 yr/10K miles per year) with $0 down and $0 due at signing. I've been trying to find out what they have in inventory for manual cars and they are taking their sweet time getting back to me. June is over now, so I may have to wait a few more weeks (which I can since we have a minivan I've been driving since I turned in my 2007 335i). The lease deal I would hope to get from them on a 6MT CC R-line with MDI and exhasut tips (MSRP $29908) would be $300/mo plus tax for 3 yr/12K miles per year. I think this should be feasible since the advertised deal is on a car costing $1100 more than the manual car I want. The extra mileage allowance and $10 less per month for the stick car balances out the roughly $600 less the stick car should cost.

Based on my calculations, the $300/mo payment works out to $5K off sticker and with the acquisition fee rolled into the payment.
  • lionmilklionmilk Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

So I was looking for a 2010 CC Sport DSG for 10K/3years lease. I believe the residual on these are %50 and the MF is .00004 (Please correct me if I am wrong). Also, I do not know the sec dep, acq fee on this car. Could you also give me those so I can run my own numbers?

My main question is, the sticker and selling price on these cars differentiate a lot. So even a MSRP $30K car can be bought for $25K? I do not know how that is possible, since the dealers are not willing to go down that much... Could you guys give me some proof on your recent leases please, so if $5K off the MSRP is feasible, I will go with that!

I am in Cleveland, OH (Tax %7.75, doc fee 250, TTL around $125) and actually I want $0 due at signing, I have a good 750+ credit score.

So my numbers can show me that, for the car above with $0 due at signing, I am looking for a ~ $341 per month for 35 month.

Am I missing anything or does that sound about right? (again these are my own numbers)
    So,

Nobody replied yet but here is the best deal I got for a 2010 CC Sport w/DSG, 10K/y for 3 years:

Original MSRP: 30084.00
    Base Invoice: 28221.00
    Dealer Cash: 1500.00
    Vehicle Price: 26721.00
    Residual: %50
    MF: 0.00021 (it seems a little high)
    Due at signing: $745.94 (includes first payment, title, doc fee, cap reduction tax, license and registration)
    Monthly: $378.06

What do you think of this?
  • carrinocarrino Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2010
    Just want to know if this is a good deal. 2010 cc sport, ipod, chrome tips, 600.00 out of pocket, 15k miles yr,3year lease and rolling in 3 months payments on a 2006 passat of 436.56. my payment would be 399.00 month.. what do you think?
  • westcoast78westcoast78 Member Posts: 2
    Got my CC today. 2010, 10,000K/yr, automatic, sport, ipod, protection plus

729 out of pocket (registration and first month with tax), 327 per month (including 9.8% Ca tax)

Residual slightly over 15 grand
  • aquaman2aquaman2 Member Posts: 7
    just curious ,how much was the msrp on your car?
    I am curious too, would you mind sharing the details?
  • carrinocarrino Member Posts: 42
    Sticker on the cc that I was looking at was $30,008 and they were giving it to me for 26750(includes 4 payments from old lease). Was told today from vw lease dept that my drivers option lease allows me to trade my car in since the title is in my name. Has anyone done this?