Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Commander water in dashboard

fiveineriefiveinerie Member Posts: 1
Our 2006 Commander has been in the shop several times for water that collects in the dashboard. The water overflows into the interior and soaks the floor. It creates moisture and when driving you can feel a cold draft. It has been repaired three times and we are going to the shop again in the morning. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• jer1946jer1946 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, my Jeep had about 4 inches of water in the floor board. I took to dealer and they had to re-route the drainage system around the Sun Roof to stop the water coming in. They said they had several Jeeps in for the same thing just that week. It was a factory issue but because all the tubes were not installed the same on all jeeps, no recall and I had to pay to repair. They said "one of those thing", that maybe cars built on a certain day has that issue. Poor service is what I call it. I mean it it was a factory flaw than it should be recall. I am sure there are many Jeeps having the same problem. One Jeep there, they had to pull out all the carpet and replace it, I am sure this factory flaw is costing Jeep owners lots of money.
  • leah2009leah2009 Member Posts: 1
    I have taken my Jeep in for the windshield whistling and for the water on the floor board on the driver side. They have attempted twice to repair the water problem with no luck. I myself took apart the side panel over the hood release lever to find a blue tube running from the drainage system up top down through the floor board. I found that the tube was too short which explains why the water was not draining properly because it wasn't shoved into the floor outlet far enough. I have to go find a tube or hose that will extended it so that it will drain properly. Of course the car is out of warranty but I don't think it would have mattered.
  • a319pilota319pilot Member Posts: 1
    I also had a water problem with Jeep. First have you found the problem? On my situation the dealer checked the drainage hoses but had found nothing wrong. yet when it rained, water still leaked in. Then I noticed that water came in from the weatherstriping. So I took off the plastic molding off the doorway by the seat and stuffed a small towel. Sure enough when it rained the towel got wet. The weatherstriping spilts on the bottom part of the door frame. I started to pull off the weatherstriping from the bottom of the door frame upwards. To my surprise between the door frame and the striping there is water. I followed the striping all the way up and there was the problem... buckling. I actually see the water going in when I poured water and once again the towel got wet. The weatherstrip was buckled from where the frame bent downward allowing the water thats on the roof of the truck to leak in. Actually that weathestriping is surposed to have some sought of tape or glue to prevent it from peeling off but I guess it was poor installation. How funny this is cause not even the dealer took notice. Well the dealer replaced it and I checked all the weatherstriping on all the door frames. Best of luck and hope you find the problem like I have.
  • rjb11rjb11 Member Posts: 1
    Just recently, my jeep leaks water on the passenger floorboard when it rains. When i looked underneath the head liner, i noticed one of the rear drains on the sunroof was missing the blue drain hose (this was a defect from the manufacture). I took it to the local dealer and they confirmed it. The local dealer said they would have to pull out the rear AC and try to determine a way to install the new drain hose down the C pillar and the job would be based on time & material (probably around $500).

I called chrysler customer service to explain my case, the next day they called back and denied my claim because my jeep is out of warranty. I told them that i am not asking to replace a bad part, but asking to install a part that i originally paid for. After about 10 minutes of going round and round, they were still not willing to do anything.

I'm not sure what my rights are here, but it does not seem fair.
  • kfrichkfrich Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2007 Jeep Commander and have discovered water in the floorboard when it rains and have been investigating this issue and found it to be dripping from the hold bar inside the car when it rains. I didn't understand it and didn't seem to have this problem until my windshield was replaced by Safelite Auto Glass Repair. If anyone has gotten any relief or knows why this is happening please let us know.

Thanks
  • neo70neo70 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Commander. This is also a repeat problem for me. We have had heavy rains the past two days. I had about an inch of water on the drivers side floor boards also. This is the third time this has happen, very upset. Taking it to the dealer on Friday. I am not a happy Jeep owner.

My first leak was from the hold bar also. Jeep told me that the sun roof drains were clogged? Maybe I should have boght a commander without the sunroof....

The smell in my Commander is getting really bad. My Jeep has the funk.
  • trevor143trevor143 Member Posts: 1
    I have had this problem for years. However, the last time I took it in the warranty had expired. I called Jeep and put in a formal complaint. I had to take the car in for an official diagnosis. I was told that the drains were clogged. This is the same thing I was told every time I took it in. I raised hell. I asked for a different vendor to look at the problem (it had always been the same one). So again, I was told the same thing. So I called Jeep back and told them I was pissed and they said they would check into it. Anyway, this new vendor did "fix it" and Jeep was going to pay for it. But, I lost my temper and told them I was not happy and would not consider this issue closed.

Well it has been six months with no water, so I will keep my fingers crossed.

One thing I notice was it would only get water on my dash and floor when I was parked in my driveway face down the hill. Of course I would hear the water over my head until I drove the car and the water would managed to escape.

When I spoke to Jeep, they said that they have never heard of this complaint before. I to am not a happy Jeep owner. I had a sunroof in my Cherokee and never had a problem in the 10 years I owned it. So for now this will be my last Jeep.
  • hemi11hemi11 Member Posts: 4
    i just bought a 2006 jeep commander and i have a water leak on the driver side.  it is coming in up to somewhere and i cant find it.  the head liner is wet at the corner of the A post and below the push light.  i sealed the factory trim under weather striping on driver side front and back door, cleaned out the sunroof drains, and ran water for an half hour and nothing woke up the  morning and the headliner was wet again.   its driving me nuts.  the jeep is in my driveway facing up on a little incline.  anyone have this problem or no how to fix it .going to remove the headline but the certain air bags everywhere
    did they say where the water is coming in at
    so they told you the the sunroof drains were to short and that was what was leaking
    my 2006 jeep is leaking on the driverside front A post and below the light .Where did you find the leak at
  • ffarrarffarrar Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 06 Commander, after the rain I can hear the water swoooshing around over my head, when I open the driver side door a flow of water runs out. I wish this was the only problem that I have had with this car then it wouldn't be so bad. I've got a popping noise somewhere in the fromt corner that growns whenever I turn right that no one can seem to find. Not to mention the recalls, Nav system constantly on the blink and this ticking noise that I'm told is my timing chain guard?? I've had this thing adjusted three times and it keeps returning. I don't know why everyone's picking on Toyota, whoever put this peice of junk together should have his head on a pike
  • pneumaierpneumaier Member Posts: 1
    Dont know if this will help. I have an 06, VERY persistent leak during heavy rains. Chased the sunroof drain prob, but found none. 3rd time was the charm. Windshield's lower was the culprit. Seems Jeep used a heat sensitive adhesive to lap where the two body parts come together just under the windshield. The adhesive had partially released and allowed water (about 2" on the floor board) to accumulate. Pulling the vent trim just under the windshield and applying a GOOD urethane sealant (3m windshield adhesive #08690 or better, depends on your climate) did the trick.
  • klcn9tenclubklcn9tenclub Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Jeep Commander and I had a new windshield installed in March. Starting about the first of July water started standing in the floor on the passenger side after a rain. I had the windshield checked and the installer said that it was not leaking. They had no idea what might be wrong. I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow and hope to find out what's going on.
  • soaringinksoaringink Member Posts: 1
    Well, here we are March 2011 and our jeep leak is still unresolved. We bought the vehicle from Carmax and extended the warranty. They have seen the beast five times now. Each time they tell us it is "cleared" or "fixed." The most recent time, they claimed we have some kind of cooling system clog (there was a failure) and that caused a number of backups of fluid. Previous visits they told us it was always the drain tubes clogging. Has anyone found a guid book to clearing these drains? Has anyone talked about a class-action. I am willing to throw up a quick website to log complaints. Please reply.
  • itabotitabot Member Posts: 105
    i have this problem now and went to safelite (i also had this happen after windshield replacement but it was just a coincidence) where they/safelite showed me that it was not the windshield that was leaking but the sunroof drains were clogged. i called jeep dealer who quoted me cost of $270 to clean if only the front drains of the sunroof were clogged, double if the back 2 also needed to be cleaned. Having already been cheated by the dealer who sold me the jeep, I went to an independent autobody shop and they did it for $140.

This commander costs me about - and i was hoping this year it would be just regular maintenance - $1-4k/year in repairs on top of regular maintenance since i purchased it. So far this year i had to get new gas cap, the sunroof drains cleaned and the interior detailed 2x because of sunroof leak-drainage problem, i.e., already repairs are costing $500+ and we are only 3 months into the year.
  • ryan81ryan81 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested. I have the same problem and every time it rains my car is soaked.
  • fouche1990fouche1990 Member Posts: 1
    We are having the same problem with our 2006 Jeep Commander Limited Edition. We lived in AZ for the first 3 years of ownership, which explains why we never got the "puddles!" Now after living in Wisconsin for almost 3 years and it being extremely rainy, it looks like a pond on the driver's side of the car. Chrysler should have informed us. I will be contacting a dealership today and letting them know that I would like the problem fix. A recall definitely should be issued by Chrysler regarding this problem.
  • tamale29tamale29 Member Posts: 2
    i have had a lot of issues and one of them being car max the drains transmission and other repairs and fixes due to failure of a good working vehicle. please let me know what i may do.

brooke
  • cstuhlercstuhler Member Posts: 1
    I to had my sunroof leaking, I also had water in my spark plugs, which dealer tried to blame on me, head gaskets blew, ac and heat did not work properly, and my most current issue the electrical harness went! I have not had this truck for even a full year yet and now the dealer even after admitting they sold me a lemon states that they will only buy it back for 13,000 even though I owe 17,000. PLEASE HELP! I am at a loss and unsure what to do from here. I would appreciate any help people could offer me.
  • tanya11tanya11 Member Posts: 1
    We are having the same problem with our 2007 jeep commander. Would love any suggestions.
  • rtoodtoortoodtoo Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2006 Jeep Commander in September of 2006 and within three weeks experienced the floor board flood. I took the Jeep back to the dealership and was offered no explanation, but was told they re-sealed the body to avoid any future flooding. It's been flooding since. I'd like to join the lawsuit!
  • bakuma10bakuma10 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem and it is a very easy fix. It takes about 10 min. You have to take the plastic piece off next to the drivers seat, on top of the rocker panel, so you can peel the carpet back, just pull up on it, it will un snap. There is another plastic piece where the hood latch is, pull it off also. Once you have got these pieces off you should be able to peel the carpet back from the left side where the hood latch is. When you peel the carpet back there is a foam foot support block, pull it out of the way, it may have some sort of body clip pushed into it, just pull it out, save it though you will need to put it back in. When you have done all of this, look for a blue drain tube behind a fairly large group of wires, that is the drain that has come out of the rubber gasket. All you do is just push it back in and that should fix your water leak for now, it will eventually come out again due to the bad design. Just reverse the steps to put it back together. It sounds like a lot of work, but it will only take about 10 min. Hope this helps.
  • dariny1dariny1 Member Posts: 1
    My wife has had this same problem, now she's having the stalling issue. We will join in the lawsuit.
  • aaron_johnsonaaron_johnson Member Posts: 2
    I have had my 2007 commander for going on 3 years now and just recently started having the leak, about 2 inches of water on the passenger side floorboards. I have noticed drips of water coming from what I believe is the screw cover near the handle near the windshield on the passenger side. If you are bringing a class action lawsuit, please include me as I take meticulous care of my commander, now the inside, for several days after drying out, stinks like mold and mildew...
  • aaron_johnsonaaron_johnson Member Posts: 2
    Ok, so I think I might have easily fixed my problem. I took the advice from and early post and removed the plastic trim on the door sill, it easily snapped on and off with zero tools. Took the inside plastic, near the passengers right foot, and it too popped off with zero tools. I pulled back the carpet and immediately saw the blue tube the previous post referenced. The tube was still in place though and had not pulled out of the floor. So I looked in the sunroof and there was standing water on the passenger side. So as a fix, I pulled the house out of the floor and blew through it with simply lung power. I heard bubbles from above and then all the water came pouring out of the tube. I placed it back into the hole, it seems to be held in by the ribs on the hose itself, then replaced all items just by snapping them back into place. We are expecting a big storm later this evening and I will update this post if there is more flooding.
  • shafercb78shafercb78 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2007 Jeep Commander. I actually took apart the inside of my car and poured water over the top of it. I can assure you it has nothing to do with the sunroof drain tube. It's a bad seal oround the windshield on the top right hand corner. Ours stays parked under a carport and does not get driven much, but now we are having trouble with whole idleing issue, the seat warmers stopped working, and it died on my wife on the way to Vacation Bible School yesterday with a car load of kids in the middle of the highway and came to a screeching halt. If there's gonna be a class action, I want in.
  • mrmzmrmz Member Posts: 1
    I would like to join the lawsuit, i purchased our 2006 Jeep Commander less than a month ago, it has 47,000 miles. I am in Texas. Please let me know what i need to do.
  • akw27akw27 Member Posts: 1
    I've just emailed you. I just found this post out of searching in dire frustration over my Commander that has been leaking since I've had it (5 years now) but it's just become so unmanageable. The carpets, air ducts, speakers, electrical - all ruined and mold and mildew growing - major health hazard not to mention the slipping while the carpets are wet and I'm trying to drive in the rain. Jeep has transferred my case 3 times to different people within corporate and no help. The dealer won't help either because it's not the original dealership. I need help in the worst way. I'd just trade the damn thing but it isn't worth what I still owe with all this damage. I'll jump at a lawsuit this instant!
  • texasjontexasjon Member Posts: 4
    Bought mine from CarMax 4 months ago and noticed the floorboard on the driver's side was damp. Didn't think too much of it until I came across this site. It only happens after it rains and I thought I had a hole under the car. I wash it regularly and didn't notice a problem. Just last week though, I did experience the dashboard lighting up like a christmas tree. Went away after a few minutes. I'm in Texas by the way. Do you have a link to this lawsuit? Has it been started or filed yet? This is really concerning and answers my question to why Chrysler discontinued the Commander. It's a shame because I really like mine.
  • msgmsgmsgmsg Member Posts: 4
    i have the some problem as well. just started a few months ago. I have a 2007 commander with only 32K miles. the water appears on the front passenger side of the car after a rain.

can i bring it to the jeep dealer where i purchased the car and will they fix it? can i bring it to pep-boys?

thanks
    -msgmsg@yahoo.com
  • texasradiotexasradio Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 2006 commander. The water is over welling at this point. I don't know what to do. I've had the jeep for three years. I would like to join in. Please let me know what to do. Thanks.
  • commanderman1commanderman1 Member Posts: 1
    I normally do not participate in these blogs but this one frustrated me when i had the same problem with puddles after rain. I bought my commander late 2007. After a rain I had about an inch of water after I got back from a two day business trip in both the passenger and driver side. Additionally, the handles by the windshield were filled and leaking water. I took it to the Mall of Georgia jeep dealer. I told them it was not the window or the sunroof but they obviously did not believe me and tested everything out. Here is the down and dirty. They had to work on the driver and passenger door hinges. Meaning they had to align them properly and put a new seal around the door. This has, as this blog indicates, been happening with many commanders. It fixed the problem. I didn't have to pay for the repairs. It has been about two years ago so I think they said it was a manufacturer defect and was covered. (btw. before they did the fix i looked at the door and the doors were not visibly lined up but it was so slight that it was easily missed.) Hope this helps.
  • dougied33dougied33 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2007 Jeep Commander and have been having problems with water standing in the drivers side floor board after it rains also. I have also noticed water is coming out of the small opening on the handle near the roof inside of the car.
    please email me and I will tell u who to call at chrysler corporate.

msgmsg (@) yahoo.com
    The dealer just called me and left a message that i need a new sun roof window and, of course, it is not covered. said it would cost me $1,050 plus tax. I find it hard to believe that a new sun roof window will help the problem as it seems like the sun roof seal between the sun roof and the roof is the real issue. any advice?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2011
    If it's a glass problem, check with your insurance company. Sometimes they'll cover it (although usually it's a cracked, broken or defective glass that justifies replacement, not when it's a seal that's the problem).
    I usually don't post to forums but I'm so happy to have figured this water leak thing out . . .

Worked for me but I'm not liable for anything you do with this information . . . blah blah blah.

This issue with my commander, oddly enough, I have surmised is the same concept that occurred with the tubes draining water out of the air conditioner in the attic, which had become clogged and would fill the tray from condensation (and shut off the A/C upstairs). Mold clogs the tubes after years of wetness. Hence, the same solution (below). A/C drain tubes may take 10-12 years to clog from mold, as opposed to only 4 years on a Commander.

SOLUTION:

BOIL HOT WATER AND BLEACH (I DID 50/50 MIXTURE) IN A COFFEE POT (FOR EASY POURING LATER) - (you can wash it with soap later) - AND GENTLY POUR INTO THE FRONT TRAY IN THE SUNROOF (Do BOTH sides). THE HOT WATER AND BLEACH WILL UNCLOG THE DRAIN TUBES that go down the A-Pillar.
    You can buy 1/4" clear tubing from Lowe's and you can work this down about 3 feet into the tubes that start at the sunroof corner drains. (One each side.) This actually partially unclogs the drain tubes. I also ran the several feet of the other end of the clear tubing into the hose of my shop vac and covered the vacuum hose with my hand so the little tube would have suction on the other end. It sucked water out and gets the hot water/bleach mixture working faster when you use that afterward.
    If you don't use the tubing, the hot water still works, it just takes a minute or so to start working.
    I put a garden hose on it at full blast for several minutes and now . . . NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER.

BACKGROUND EXPLANATION. What happened is that after several years the mold blocks the drain tubes. Hot water and bleach fixes that. But when the drain tubes are blocked, when the reservoir tray below the sun roof fills up, the rain water flows over the tray and down the A-pillar, which is why it comes out the bolt covers in the A-pillar grab-handle. It soaks your carpet and it also is getting your wiring wet behind the plastic down by your feet. USE A SHOP VAC to dry out the carpet more quickly.
    Rain, car washes, etc. will always leak water through the sun roof seals. Once I used the bleach down the sunroof tray corners, the tray will no longer fill up with water - it now drains super fast.
    This is a procedure that should probably be repeated annually.
    People on this post were saying crud gets down the drain tubes, but that can't be since the sunroof window weatherseal isn't big enough for that.
    I had resorted previously to trying to supplement the weather stripping, but that is not the way this car is engineered and you'll never solve the issue that way.
    One person even said he was having some stopper at the end of the drain tubes removed (???) but there are metal plates under your car and that is not the correct approach, if even feasible.
    This drove me crazy but I now totally get it. I hope this helps you and saves you time and money and aggravation. Who wants to go to a mechanic when you can easily fix it yourself. You ought to be able to weather a torrential downpour with confidence.
  • tamale29tamale29 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all same issue here...rain with puddles for two years now...i have blown the tubes and still the first rain they still do a overflow through my rearview mirror ending in a puddle on the dashbord..i have now because of this flood have no use of fuse 12...10amp...its shorted so bad that the fuse is short and pushing out 13 amps..so it having this i have no use of my oh lights my two front windows and lock system...i have to now take the whole fuse box out find rhe short and this is sooo much time and money took 8 hrs jist ro pin poin whats wrong..i am so sick of these problems one after another...im a single mom...i bought this to be reliable for my son and i...and thats the last it has been....pls include me on any info on the law suit and maybe some helpful hints on the fuse box..im at arrowheadscure@gmail.com..thanks again anything helps this struggling single mom.
  • macchewjaxmacchewjax Member Posts: 1
    All - I fought this problem for months. I was going through the forums, trying everything. The problem is that there are caps on the drain tubes for the sun roof (at the bottom). They get clogged and when they back up the water drains down the instrument/wiring columns. They are difficult to locate and remove. Once you do the issue is gone. You have to crawl under the jeep. They are located behind the tires up in the support column. On the drivers side look for an oval opening about two inches long. You will see an orange tip up in the column. You will need something long tipped to pull it off - needle nose did not work for me. The other side is in a similar place, but a little harder to locate.
    If you go to thread on the radio not working and leaks I am there again but this time regarding my conversations today, yesterday and a week ago with Jeep Chrysler regarding the water leak issue, electrical issues (cruise control turning on by itself, park assist turning off by itself, along with radio and blinking dashboard issues the latter of which i am now so accustomed to i don't even consider it a problem).

And, if you haven't already seen these Technical Service Bulletions published by Jeep, here is the link: http://www.xkjeeps.com/xk_tsb.htm, i.e., Jeep Chrysler Corporate acknowledges the manufacturing problems but they still obviously won't take responsiblity for them.

And, yes, I am interested in joining a lawsuit. I plan to resume the process begun in 2009 by which I will file/join a legal filing in order to compel the company to take respsonsibility; as I told the customer complaint representatitive today, it's on My To Do List and I always do everything on that list even if it takes me a bit of time; i also explained that if they didn't cover cost of diagnostic they say is necessary in order for them to consider covering cost of repair of drains by Tuesday (when Commander goes in for yet another safety recall that i was not advised of by Jeep), that i will then begin legal proceeedings by end of February 2012.
    thank you so very much for this information. i'm twisting my brain trying to figure out what to do. i already did the high air compression (autoglass repair shop gave me that solution) through the sunroof drain holes which did work but now a year later the problem started again and Jeep Dealer told me nearly $600 to replace whatever they think needs replacing. i'm so happy to hear that - given that this is a defect that can't be gotten totally rid of - that there is a prescription of cleaning them out once a year. That, I can handle.

Again, thank you!
    today i had the independent service repair shop clean the sunroof drains again. this particular independent repair shop services very high end cars and classic cars, and his customers are very demanding people, i.e., he is a real professional when it comes to auto-repairs.

he recommended i pursue legal route in order to encourage a recall because the repairs he is seeing in this car are unacceptable; he explained that there is no way any car manufacturer would allow these types of complaints to continue and that he has never seen one car that he knows is well maintained require so many repairs/replacements, etc.; and, again, he services many classic cars and custom cars as well as cars fresh out of warranty.
  • wiscommanderwiscommander Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the bleach/hot water tip and the very sensible explanation of the drain tube issue. I wish I'd thought of it sooner, since I had the similar A/C drain issue with a 1990 LeBaron coupe. I didn't have the tubing on hand, but time and gravity did the trick nicely. I will continue to flush the drains occasionally as part of preventive maintenance. It's a shame such a simple design flaw has caused so much aggravation.
  • oragamioragami Member Posts: 2
    I WILL JOIN YOU IN THAT LAWSUIT, REAL TALK
  • oragamioragami Member Posts: 2
    BLEACH AND HOT WATER??? DID YOU TRY THIS ON A COMMANDER???
  • weysdadweysdad Member Posts: 1
    Having the same problems with my 2006 commander. Every time it rains the water buids in sunroof and leaks down rails of doors and fills the floor with water. The other major problem I have is the door handles on the commander doors keep braking. Out of the 4 doors, two are completely broken and the other two are cracked. Has anyone else run itno this issue? It seems to be a design issue and certainly is a huge safety issue
    the independent station i go to used the air hose in the sunroof drains proving that the drains were still connected and now clear, and, so they believed that the leak was coming from the very dry, corroded seals around the backseat sunroof window seals (the backseat has two windows over it but they do not open) and the drains that run along the roof rack from front to back of Jeep; the mechanic cleaned those and siliconed the seals...2 days before a major noreaster was predicted for my area.

Given that the Jeep dealer told me that the sunroof drains needed to be repaired and seals around the same replaced, the repairs costing minimum $575 and could be as much as $1,200, i was reluctant to believe that the independent repair shop's remedy was correct, but, I can say that after the recent heavy noreaster, there was NO H2O in Jeep, i.e., the solution is air hose the drains and silicone the seals.
  • buckeyenickbuckeyenick Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I recently just purchased an 06 Commander 5.7L Hemi. I live in Columbus Ohio and we experience all types of extreme weather. One night after a bad storm I went to get in my car and the drivers side floor was soaked. I have done a lot of research and even took my car to the dealership because it is still under warranty. They blew air through the hoses but that didnt help. Not even a week later another bad storm and this time it was my passenger side floor that was soaked. I did even more research and found this video on youtube. I havent tried the fix this person is suggesting in this video but all the comments from people who have said it fixes the problem. Here is the link and i hope this helps all of you. Take Care!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxrQNKg182I
  • texasjontexasjon Member Posts: 4
    IT WORKS! The hose in mine was hanging out the floor board just sitting there!!! If it comes out again I'm sealing the thing shut around the rubber grommet with high adhesive silicone!! "Design Flaw Big Time".