Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

1151617181921»

Comments

• yankees338yankees338 Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2013
    Hi,

We're looking at a 2014 Q5 Premium Plus from a dealer in NJ. The quote was through Sun East Credit rather than Audi Financial as the dealer claimed they were offering better rates. However, we've heard of issues with early trade-ins/vehicle assessment at the end of the lease with Sun East, so any feedback on them would be great.

Here is the offer:

MSRP: $46,475
    Adjusted Vehicle Price: $41,750
    36 Months
    Money Factor: .00147
    Residual: 60%
    12,000 miles/year
    Due at Lease Signing: $1,238 (includes 1st month)
    Payment: $524.36/month

Again, any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ryan
  • q5audiq5audi Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    Ryan,

I am also looking for buying Q5 in NJ. Looks like you got the best deal. Please let me know the dealer name and sales person name. i have to finish the deal by next week.

Thanks
    Ragow
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    Ryan,
    Your deal looks great, given the high MSRP.
    What options did you add on to the Premium Plus?
    I do have many friends in a tri-state area using leasing brokers, like grandprixmotors.com, they experienced no issues upon returns.
  • vision_txvision_tx Member Posts: 13
    Is the MF for a SQ5 Prestige the same as the Q5 Prestige at .0017 for 36mo and 15k/yr?

Thanks...again.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    Q5 is .0017

SQ5 is .00167

A very, very small difference..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• q5audiq5audi Member Posts: 3
    Ryan,

My dealer in NJ quoted Selling price as $43709 for MSRP $48050 and inception price as $2477 which includes 1st month payment + MV(411) + Doc(299)+tire tax(7.5)+supp(184)+bankfees (995) and residual as 60% of MSRP with 0.00147 as money factor.

Please let me know is this a good deal.
  • theeegodtheeegod Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2013
    Anyone know the MF and Residual value of a 2013 2.0T Q5 premium plus 12k miles/year, 36 months, for Sept?
    .00151 MF and 53% residual..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zcpierremdzcpierremd Member Posts: 1
    I just ordered a 2014 premium plus TDI at a local Houston dealer. He told me the lowest he could go is 3% off MSRP and that no dealer in TX would go any lower. He also asked me to leave a fully refundable $1K check deposit, but told me he would not cash it, and once the car arrived I could just use the check towards the purchase price.
    So my question is, has anyone recently ORDERED a q5 in TX and gotten it for less than the True Market Value Price?
    Also, if you left a check for deposit, did the dealer really just hold on to it, or did they cash it?
    I am asking because I may change my mind and I do not want any problems if I do.
  • vision_txvision_tx Member Posts: 13
    kyfdx...quick question, what would the MF and residual be for a 2013 Q5 Prestige, 36 month 15/year? How bout 12K/year?
  • capemaypointcapemaypoint Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have MF and residual rates for a 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus. Would be interested in #s for both 36m and 42m lease with 12k miles.

Thanks in advance.

Also, does the inclusion of Audi Care increase residual rates?
    .0015 and 48%.. add 2% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

2014 SQ5 Premium Plus

36mo/12K ... .00167 and 59%

42mo/12K... .00187 and 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• iloveipodsiloveipods Member Posts: 1
    kyfdx - mind sharing the MF and Residual value of a 2013 2.0T Q5 premium plus 10k miles/year, 36 months (and MMI, though doesn't matter I believe) for sept? thank you!
    .00151 and 54%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• infinitoinfinito Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    kyfdx,

What's the MF and RV for a 2014 Audi Q5 Premium Plus with 12K/year and 36 month term in Austin, TX? Looking at MSRP of $48,445 and per Audi Sales, they have a deal with my employer where I get price of Invoice, so $45,122, is this a good deal? We have not spoken about financials yet but planning on leasing.
    2.0T model? .00162 MF and 57% residual..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• infinitoinfinito Member Posts: 2
    Yes for a 2.0T model. Thanks. Something seems wrong here because I went to the dealership yesterday and got my car appraised for $8,000 (2007 Honda Civic EX with 65K miles) and got an estimate back for 2014 2.0T Premium Plus Q5 with 12K miles/year for $573.97 per month. They are taking the full $8K as down payment for the calculation. With the .00162 MF and 57% residual I get a much lower number, wonder if I'm calculating this correctly.
    edited September 2013
    With no Cap Cost reduction, and no allowance for upfront costs, I show $604/mo.. So, yeah... there is a lot going on there..

Let's assume they think the invoice is $750 more than you do (advertising charges, BS charges, etc..) Then, add the acquisition fee ($700 or so).. Now, let's add a dealer doc fee of $600 (more BS).. So, now we are up about $2000 more than you thought... Subtract that, plus the first payment, plus about $500 in registration/title fees.. So, that eats up about $3000 of your $8000... Now, lets subtract the $5000 from my previous calculation.... as a CAP cost reduction... New payment = $457/mo....

Of course, you have to account for sales tax... What state do you live in?

(you can see where I'm going here, right? Selling a car at invoice means nothing, if they don't specify what that number is, and add in a lot of extra bogus fees..) I might be a little cynical.. ;-)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nator1nator1 Member Posts: 4
    KYfdx,

What do you have for Prestige for 36 and 42?...i saw one post that the residual is usually 4% less but is the money factor the same?

Thanks..Mike
    Residual for the SQ5 Prestige are 53% and 49% respectively, for 15K/yr leases for 36 and 42 months..

And, yes... those are 4% lower than for the Premium Plus model.. The money factor is the same for both models at .00167

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• carbtxcarbtx Member Posts: 1
    To infinito - I am in a similar situation, same area, similar model, supplier disc.
    You might want to ask for the MF they've quoted you with.
    Sounds like in the area they start with 0.00262 and not 0.00162.
    This might explain some of the difference seen.
  • john_lockejohn_locke Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a loaded 2.0L Premium Plus Q5 in Northern NJ, which will be registered in NYC (8.875% sales tax). The MSRP is $47,275, the negotiated price is $44,277. What am I looking at in terms of MF and RV? And does that seem like a good deal (Moonlight Blue, Navigation Plus, 19" wheels, Audi protection kit)?
  • y1981y1981 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am looking at a Q5 2.0T Premium model with Panorama sunroof and lighting package in SF Bay Area (8.75%). The MSRP is $41,440, (with metallic color and heated front seats) the negotiated price is $39,500. The proposed MF is 0.00192 and RV 57%. With no money down (except standard charges and fees) this translates into a pricey lease in my mind at about $636.
    Is this a good deal?
    Seems to me I can get a better MF (around 0.00151) assuming excellent credit, which in my calculator translates to about a $535 monthly payment (incl' tax).

Would greatly appreciate your comments and thoughts
    " 2.0L Premium Plus Q5"

2013?

.00151 MF and 51% residual for 36mo/15K/yr..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Is that a 2014? Base MF is .00162

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• john_lockejohn_locke Member Posts: 2
    It's a 2014 actually. We'd probably only drive it 10,000 to 12,000 miles a year too, pretty much on weekends only; does that change the residual?
    " 2.0L Premium Plus Q5"

.00162 and 57% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.. add 1% for 10K/yr...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• audistar1audistar1 Member Posts: 2
    whats the money factor and residual value thats reasonable for AUDI TDI premium plus for 42 month lease, 2,500 down with excellent credit history. thank you in advance.
  • audistar1audistar1 Member Posts: 2
    for 15,000 miles per year thanks.
  • jatsmdxjatsmdx Member Posts: 10
    looking to lease audi Q5 premium plus with navigation.
    I live in Central NJ. Any recommendation on dealer with good deal in NJ ?
    2014 Audi Q5 TDI for 42 mo, 15K/yr..

.00166 MF and 53% residual for the Premium Plus model.. 49% for Prestige.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nickg22nickg22 Member Posts: 5
    Hi guys:

Thanks for spending the time to assist us clueless purchasers. This thread is a fantastic source if information. Can you please advise as to the MF and RV for the following vehicles on a 36 month lease with 12k/year

1. 2014 Q5 TDI 3.0 premium plus

2. 2014 Q5 3.0 premium plus

One other question, would the inclusion of any other options such as navigation effect either of these numbers.

Thanks,

Nick
    2014 Q5 TDI Premium Plus 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00166 MF and 59% residual

2014 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00163 MF and 58% residual

Once you settle on engine model and trim line, options have no effect on residual percentage

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx. Sorry for my cluelessness but are these fixed numbers, best deals or negotiable numbers? Just wondering if these are figures I would have to negotiate to and whether I could do any better with good credit on the MF.

Thanks again,

Nick
    Sorry kyfdx--last question, I promise. I read in one of the Edmunds leasing guide articles that the MF should not be higher than the interest rate I could get on a loan to purchase the car. With my credit score, according to bankrate.com, I should be able to get a new car loan at a figure under 3%. This would equal an MF of .00125 or lower. Is this unrealistic?

Thanks,

Nick
    edited October 2013
    The base money factor I supplied is the lowest that the dealer can offer you. They may try to mark it up for more profit (likely, in fact). You may have to negotiate, just to get the base rate. The residuals are set by the bank, and the dealer cannot change them..

The bankrate.com advice would be pertinent, if you were deciding between buying or leasing... but, if leasing is your only option, then you are stuck with the program that is offered.

IMO, Audi lease programs are not that great. But, the Q5 is a very popular vehicle, and seems to command prices within 5% of MSRP, generally. If they can lease them with this program, then they will continue to do so. Your only choices are to negotiate the lowest price possible, make sure they stick to the base rate, and don't let them add on extras and fees.. Or, look to competitor vehicles that may have better lease programs.

Two years ago, when we were shopping for a luxury SUV, I happened to make contact socially with an executive of a large local dealer group, who happened to have an Audi dealership... Even with the special "friend of boss" price and a direct introduction to the sales manager, the cost of the Q5 lease was too high, relative to the sticker price for us... (just a personal value judgement).

The Q5 was our favorite vehicle... we just couldn't afford to lease it..

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks again for the info. Looks like a may be reaching with the other two cars I identifed previously. Can you advise as to the MF and RV for a 2014 2.0 Premium Plus with a 36 month lease at 12k/year.

Thanks,

Nick
    2014 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00162 MF and 57% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• robercik72robercik72 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have never leased a car before, but now that I have a very small business, apparently leasing is a way to go.
    Can anyone tell me what should the expected monthly payment be for SQ5 with Premium Plus package be? I live in Chicago area, tax 8.25.
    Not sure what the numbers you post mean, so I you have a formula to plug them into, that would be nice.
    I have found a link to lease page for Audi, but not sure if the numbers are correct.
    http://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/finance
    I'm getting $587 per month with almost $5,200 down. Is that correct, or is that just the number to get you in, and I should expect much more once I get to the dealership?
    Tx
    :confuse:
    Try here: How to Calculate Monthly Lease Payments
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1f993d.f1f890c/0#MSG0

Here is Edmunds Lease Calculator, as well:
    http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/car-lease.html?sv

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ryangadryangad Member Posts: 13

Can anyone help me with the January 2014 MF and residual for the Q5 2.0T Premium Plus (3 year lease / 10k miles per year)?

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Please continue in our 2014 Audi Q5 Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.