Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• mineshgmineshg Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2012
    Hello,

I am new to leasing a car and this is my first time.. I really like the Audi Q5 and i live in Chicago where the taxes are pretty high. The tax is 9.75% and i have to pay taxes on the entire amount of the car. I got some quotes from a couple of dealers which I feel are ridiculous. For a Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with Navigation, 12,000 miles for 39 months with $5000 down, they are quoting me $700/month which I feel is too high. The MSRP of the car is around $46,500. After this the residual which they are claiming on the car is 53%. What would be the monthly cost which I should consider as a good deal for the above configuration of the car?? Also these dealers claim that they cannot negotiate anything on their offers since there are no Q5's in the market and there is a wait time of at least 1 month. Please advice.
  • hannasmomjohannasmomjo Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Hi and thanks in advance. I am looking at one of the top 6 luxury crossovers to lease. Audi caught my attention. I read not to tell dealers I am leasing but to get a buy price. How does one negotiate a lease price. I am great at doing so for purchases. I don't unerstand, carman, the numbers and %I you have put out. Perhaps if I tell you my budget is 500/mo and though hubby would prefer 0the down, there wont be a car in this category for that. So let's say I put 5,000 down on the Audi Q5 premium, what would a dealer tell me and what would I expext to negotate to?

By the way I am in MA and am looking also at bmw X3 and the. Mercedes. Whichever one is iin the same range.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi hannasmomjo. It sounds as though you are new to leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

As far as your down payment goes, you definitely should not put $5,000 down on a leased vehicle. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen or never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher it is much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    Hi, Car_man, what should one do when leasing a new car but at the same time you have a trade-in? I assume one can just get the agreed trade-in value from the dealer but not put it as a down payment. Thanks.
  • westside4westside4 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man,

What is the up-to-date Audi 2.0T adn 2.0T Premium Plus Q5 residual value and money factor? Please assume 10,000 miles; 36 months lease.

Also, is the Q5 particularly expensive (residual value, Money factor and even interest financing rates offered)? It appears that is particularly expensive relative to the X5 and the Mercedez ML.

Lastly, I have spoken to a car broker who tried to indicate that Edmunds pricing model wasn't accurate and led me to a pricing model on Overstock (yes, of all places) was more accurate for this particular car.

Thanks for your insight.

Thanks!
  • mineshgmineshg Member Posts: 6
    Car_man, can you please advice..
  • felixnyfelixny Member Posts: 1
    I would like to get your thoughts on purchasing a Q5 at the end of a lease. My 2009 Premium Plus Quatro 3.2 Audi's lease ends next month, and I have the option to buy it or turn/trade it in. Apparently it maintained its value at 33,600 miles and is very well kept. I could pay the balance off and keep the car as it's been a great car. My hesitation is that it's an older car, it will continue to depreciate, and I will need to purchase an extended warranty (about 2K), tires, and $100 every time I take my car for service to the dealership. I will also need to pay tax on the price of the vehicle, and I am not sure if in general purchasing a car at the end of a lease is a good idea. The good thing is that I was the only owner, took good care of it and I know it's been in good hands. It would also be nice not having car payments (although dishing out 28K would be a bit painful).

The other scenario is using its "equity" for a new lease/purchase. If I add the Audi loyalty rebate ($750/$1500 - Lease/Purchase), supplier program discount (6% off MSRP) and dealer incentive (additional $1000) I get about 10-12K worth of a discount for another CPO/brand new Audi. Perhaps a smaller engine or diesel and also newer technology would be nice perks as well. This is tempting, as I could get a more updated car with relatively less worries, and not paying the tax on my previous Audi.

Let me know your thoughts!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Early Q5s have held their value, very well...

Using the equity in your vehicle as a trade-in on another new vehicle isn't a bad way to go.... assuming you can find a dealer that won't try to steal your trade-in.. It's no different than trading in a car that you own, except you'll have a time pressure aspect to the deal (in other words, you can't keep it for a few months and try again, as your lease will be up).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• desinguy1desinguy1 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in a 2012 Q5 3.2, Daytona Gray Pearl, Prestige with S line and S line plus and all weather mats for a sticker price of approx $53,500. What should I expect to pay over invoice? I want to do a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year and also want the lease to include Audi Care Maintenence. The car is due in mid march 2012. What should I expect the residual and lease factor to be from Newport Auto Center in Newport Beach. Shoudl I wait for the Hybrid?
    You're absolutely right radoncgs. There's nothing wrong with trading in a vehicle when leasing a new one, just make sure to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your vehicle rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi westside4. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00155 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Q5 2.0T Premium Plus are exactly the same.

I have always found that Audi's SUVs, the Q7 and Q5, were a little too expensive when compared to some of the luxury SUVs that are on the market. Apparently the reason for this is that Audi can sell as many of them as it can overseas so it is not allocating that many to the U.S. market and in turn dealers don't need much support to sell the ones that they do get.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mineshg. I have always found that Audi's SUVs, the Q7 and Q5, were a little too expensive when compared to some of the luxury SUVs that are on the market. Apparently the reason for this is that Audi can sell as many of them as it can overseas so it is not allocating that many to the U.S. market and in turn dealers don't need much support to sell the ones that they do get.

At a whopping $700 per month with $5,000 down, you would be much better off going with a BMW X5 than an Audi.

Car_man
    Host
  • alxjoyalxjoy Member Posts: 2
    Pushed me into an X5 lease for $25.00 more a month than the 3.2 premium plus Q5. Much more car for the extra $25.00.
  • ad328ad328 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Could you provide the March money factor and residual for a 2012 Audi Q5 2.0T with the Premium package with 10k miles per year?

Thanks!
  • silverycarsilverycar Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Can you please help by providing current March MF and Residual for Audi Q5 3.2 Prem + for a 10k Mi / Yr, 24-Month lease.

Thanks!
    Here you go ad328. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00136 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi silverycar. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00132 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • expertbiexpertbi Member Posts: 23
    Hey Folks,

I am planning to buy a 2009 Q5 CPO and need some advice on price to pay if the car has between 30k and 35k miles on it. Also in general how much off the list price for a CPO should one look for to get a "really good deal".

Thanks
  • zeerazeera Member Posts: 18
    Hello everyone,
    I have to admit - this forum has helped me a LOT in my previous negotiations and today I got my quote on leasing a new Q5. Below are the details and I will be really happy if you can help me get a better deal.
    The MSRP on a 2012 Q5 2.0T with navigation is $43,775. This is with a non-metallic paint (Ibis White or Brilliant Black). If I choose a metallic paint it will add $475 to the price. My selling price on this would be $42,890. If I do the 24 month loan the payments come to $833 per month and if I do 36 month they come to $668 per month.

I am using 12,000 miles per year and just taxes, fees, and first month payment due at signing.

I am planning on using the Audi loyalty rebate - besides that anything else? This is in Chicago.
    I just received an email with a break down of the "due at signing"
    The amount due at signing broken down:
    $ 695.00 Lease Acquisition Fee
    161.38 Documentation Fee (electronic paperwork)
    3,568.80 Tax for registration in Oak Park
    219.00 IL State Fees (plates, registration, title)
    And first month's payment is also due at the time of paperwork signing.

does that tax make any sense? she was saying that if I roll that up into the monthly payment - the payment goes up and also that I will be paying interest on that.
  • expertbiexpertbi Member Posts: 23
    Hey Zeera,

What is your monthly lease payment?
    for 36 months- it is $668
    although this dealership is a "participating" dealer for the supplier program (which will entitle me to 6% off of the MSRP) - they are saying they dont accept it.
    Can they do that?
  • kranthikrlkranthikrl Member Posts: 2
    hi zeera, we are also looking into leasing audi q5 in the chicago area. in fact, we just went o the dealer yesterday and got a quote of 670 a month for a 3 year lease. looks like yours is also t the same range. we tried a lot to negotiate to a little lower price, but got nothing out. we were looking into the fully loaded premium plus package. i am not sure if there are any variations across dealers....we only visited the schamburg location and am thinking of trying at westmount for a deal if any. we are from oak park area. let me know, if you have already taken a lease...maybe we ould group up o get a deal for two q5... let me know if this interests...,
    Hi
    i was looking into the exact same equipment - and it was in downtown Chicago - I had a supplier certificate - but they are not even honoring that... so not sure what else works. how much downpayment were they asking to get you to 670/month? and is that including tax? IF your payment is with tax included and the downpayment is decent - maybe it is worth considering. not sure - hope someone on this forum can confirm if thats a decent price to pay.
  • kranthikrlkranthikrl Member Posts: 2
    yeap...included tax and a down payment of 8k. i feel its expensive but am looking for advice.....in the forum before proceeding further.
    8K ???????? that too on a lease? - totally outrageous. its a CLEAR NO DEAL for me.
    Hi,
    I am moving from Miami to Chicago and I really want to get a Q5. I went to a dealer in Miami and they were willing to give me a Q5 Premium Plus w/ Nav at Invoice price (I had a supplier certificate).
    now - does it make any sense to lease it here in FL and then move to Chicago along with it? (given that the tax is higher in IL - does it make sense to lease it here and transport the car up to Chicago?)
    secondly - if I am getting it at invoice price ($42,300) - then what should my monthly payment look like considering that I am only paying the inceptions (which I am assuming shouldnt be more than $1200 or so)
  • lax2mialax2mia Member Posts: 4
    @zeera if you don't mind me asking what dealer you got the quote from? Just started my car search and went to Prestige on Biscayne on Saturday. Wasn't ready to buy just yet and the salesman was none too happy about just going out for a test drive. Looking for a straight 2.0 Premium Plus.
    Hi
    Yes I went to Prestige too. if you have a costco membership - then ask for Sabestian and talk to him - with no further negotiation you get Invoice + 750 price.
    Car_man,
    can you please give the money factor and the residuals for this month on the Audi Q5 2.0 with 10K or 12K per year?

thank you.
    Hi
    I received the below quote after a lot of negotiation... but still doesnt feel right. Please advise. This is in Chicago.
    MSRP: 46980
    Negotiated Price: 44213
    Service Contract: 1000
    DMV: 194
    Doc Fee: 160
    Taxes: 3660
    TOTAL: 49228

Based on these numbers: he gave me the below:
    with just first month payment and inception: for 10K miles per year he is quoting $834 per month. Residual ($25369)
    for 1000 Cap reduction - the monthly payment comes down to 805.
    does that seem right to you?
  • nescovernescover Member Posts: 5
    This seems a little high if they are using the .00136 base money factor marked up .0003 which is typical.

I calculated $757.11 assuming you were paying $1k cap reduction assuming 36 months.
  • auditaasssauditaasss Member Posts: 21
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you give me the lease rates for a Q5 3.2 Premier Plus, 36 months, 12k miles? We've been quoted 0.00208 and 50%, which is way off what appears to be the right rate.

Thanks

Ben
    Hi zeera. Dealer invoice is a very good deal on a Q5. If I was in your situation I probably would lease in Florida and then move to Chicago. Having said that, there is a good chance that you will have to pay any tax that you avoided by getting your truck in Florida when you go to register your vehicle in Illinois.

I would be happy to work up a payment for you if you provide me with both this vehicle's MSRP and selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey zeera. Sorry for the delay in my response, I was away last week. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00136 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    edited April 2012
    Hi Ben. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00132 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As you can see, the factor that you were quoted is too high.

Car_man
    Host
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    hi, what is Supplier Certificate? and how to get one? thanks.
  • auditaasssauditaasss Member Posts: 21
    Thanks once again! I used your info 2 years ago for my A5 and got a good deal.

Today I got 0.00132, 53% (+1 for Audi Care package), $0 down on a Q5 3.2L Daytona Premier Plus S-Line today. I'm basically paying the same monthly fee that I pay for my A5 :) So very happy.

Thanks, we'll talk in 3 years!

Ben
    Hi
    if you are working for one of the companies that is a "supplier" for Audi - I guess your HR should be able to give you a company number - that you can input at www.audisupplier.com and then you get the supplier certificate.
  • deepanveedeepanvee Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I have moved recently to USA and I dont have any credit history here. I saw audi's foreign business professional program and went and checked that with a dealer in Englewood, New Jersey. I got the below quote. Looks ok to me but I just want to make sure its not a bad deal.
    Q5 premium plus package + Nav Invoice price= 42993
    Lease months = 42
    Mileage = 10,000/yr
    Money factor = 0.00176
    Residual Value = 21596 or 48.13%
    Monthly payments = $623.11
    Initial Charges = $3871.63(First month+$399 for registration+$695 bank fee+$249 documentation fee+$7.50 tire tax+$1898.02 Sales tax)

Regards
    Deepan :confuse:
  • deepanveedeepanvee Member Posts: 5
    Hi Need advice on the above post urgently as i am about to close the deal

Note: I also have weather mats worth $300 in the cost above and spoke to the dealer and negotiated for Audi care as well for the same price.
    You're very welcome Ben.

Car_man
    Host
  • scolon7scolon7 Member Posts: 2
    Received the following quote from a dealership and was curious whether this was a good deal. Seems like there is still room for negotiation...any feedback is helpful. Thanks...

2012 Q5 3.2
    42mos/10k per year $727 w$1750 down

2012 Q5 2.0
    42 mos/10kper year $705.11 w/$1750 down

Money factor for 3.2 is .00194 and the 2.0 is .00173

Includes discount of $1250 + $750 for loyalty
  • carnewbie2carnewbie2 Member Posts: 3
    Here is a deal that 1 dealership has offered and another has matched for a moonlight blue/cinnamon 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with Navigation and floor/trunk all-weather mats for 36 month lease 10k miles/yr:
    1st month $597.89
    Tax $1987.55
    Inspection $10
    Tire Tax $12.50
    Doc Fee $75
    Bank Fee $695
    Total due at signing $3,377.94
    Residual 52%
    Buy Back $23,160.80
    Money Factor .00134
    MSRP 44,550
    Sell price 42,317.13

Does this sound like a good deal or should I wait for 2013s to be delivered? This deal includes the $750 loyalty rewards. I am on Long Island, NY. Thanks for your help!!
    Hi carnewbie2. This offer is at around $800 or so over dealer invoice with the use of Audi's buy rate lease money factor. That's a pretty good deal on a Q5 right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • azazello1azazello1 Member Posts: 1
    I am getting a quote from an Audi dealer for a 4yr/48k lease for a 2012 Q5 2.0 with Premium Plus, Navi package, 19" wheels, B&O sound, Audi advanced key, all weather floor mats. The MSRP is $46,750. The quoted price is $44k even. With a 4 year lease the residual quoted is $20,920. The money factor is .00336, which seems horribly high but they are saying it could improve based on credit report.

What do you think? Really would love to hear your opinion.
    Hi azazello1. I certainly hope that the money factor they quoted you would improve once they run your credit. Are they assuming that you're in bankruptcy. The figure they quoted you is nearly triple the best available factor for the Q5....00134 for 36-months and .00174 for 48-months. If your credit is in good shape, make sure that the dealer uses these factors to calculate your payment.

Having said that, the selling price that they quoted you for this truck looks great.

Just make sure to get the money factor straightened out and you'll be in good shape.

Car_man
    Host
  • brandmar1brandmar1 Member Posts: 17
    Hi Car_Man,

Looking for the money factors and residuals on an Audi Q5 3.2 PP - 12K and 15K for 36 months.

Thank you!
  • chrisch70chrisch70 Member Posts: 46
    My Q5 lease is coming to an end in October and I have the option to purchase my 2010 Q5 3.2 premium plus, 40k miles at lease end, with Nav + Bang soundsystem and premium wheels for $23k, which seems to be a good price, given the current rate for used Q5 (any thoughts on that?)

Also is anyone willing to share some experience dealing with Audi, when their Q5 lease came to an end? Are they willing to buy the car back, or did they even lower the set purchase price. For the latter, I assume not, as the cars value is in high demand and value is holding up.

If anyone can share their experience, I would really appreciate!

Cheers
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Yeah... that sounds like a great price on a 2010 3.2... Even four months from now...

Don't think I've seen a 3.2 model below $30K...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.