Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• lumennyclumennyc Member Posts: 1
    What dealer in NY were you able to get that deal from?
  • urbandivaurbandiva Member Posts: 1
    We're in the NY area as well and also received an offer for $522 per month on the Premium with $4500 down. That seemed awfully high to me, and so I started doing more research. Would you mind sharing the dealership you received your Audi from? Anything you could share would be helpful.
  • estebanbruinestebanbruin Member Posts: 27
    Hi Car_man, can you please post new May lease details for 2013 Audi Q5 3.0 Premium Plus based on 12,000 miles for 36, 39 and 42 months? Also, any incentives for this vehicle? Thank you so much.
  • ddjohns1ddjohns1 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks this was very helpful. Finalized the lease yesterday at 0.00177, so pretty close to the dealer cost.
  • roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 135
    edited May 2013
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please post AFS May lease rates for 2013 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus 12,000 miles for 36 month? Thank You!
  • mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    A friend of mine just leased a Q5 for his wife here in LA...he paid around 2K drive off (I assume it included first month, state fees & taxes plus bank fee of $695) and is paying around 730 including 9% tax, 10k miles a year. The sticker was around 46-48K...I'm not even sure they got Audicare.

It seems REALLY high to me...I realize that the Q5 is very much in demand these days (top 10 days on lot for ALL cars in USA), but I just leased a 49K allroad for ZERO driveoff and 550/month including taxes. Seems like a really high (nearly 10K over three years) premium for the Q5.

My friend always thinks he gets a great deal and is a fantastic negotiator - it seems that he was taken to the cleaners here though!

Comments?

Thanks.
    for 46-48k range, 2k driver off and 730 monthly seem awfully high, especially for 10k miles/yr.

I just did a calculation..
    MF 0.00139
    Residual 56%
    MSRP 47,345
    Final price 47,000 (Basically only a discount amount of $345)

with 9% tax, you get $730/month.
  • hit22hit22 Member Posts: 24
    Sorry for the delay. I went to Atlantic Audi in Islip, NY.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks John. I suspect that there probably is other banks out there that would lease an Audi, but if you lease through an independent bank you miss out on any lease support that is currently available on leases through Audi Financial Services. Plus, I really don't think that any other bank would necessarily be any more lenient in its credit standards than AFS would.

I'm not aware of any website that has details on the multiple security deposit option, you will probably have to ask a dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi estebanbruin. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year .00139 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00159 and 52%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00159 and 50%.

The only cash incentive on this truck right now is $1,000 owner loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for roadragee. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00139 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ljcdclakerfanljcdclakerfan Member Posts: 7
    Can someone please provide the May residuals and money factors for the Q5 3.0 prestige trim? 24 and 36 month leases, at 12k miles per year? And the same information for a 24 month/12k a year lease on the Q5 3.0 premium plus trim? Many thanks.
  • beachybummbeachybumm Member Posts: 2
    I leased a 2013 A4 in July 2012 for $441/mo and no money down. I'm 10 months into the lease and have only put 6000 miles onto the car. My needs have changed and I'm interested in a 2013 Q5. I don't want to get killed by my dealer, even though I'm sure they'd be happy to start a new lease with me.

Is there any chance I'll be able to a Q5 base model for the same monthly price as the A4? I have excellent credit and I noticed they're running a $1000 Audi owner incentive on the Q5.

I live in SoCal.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • beachybummbeachybumm Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Hey Car Man,

Can you give me the residual and MF numbers for a base model Q5 with 10,000 miles per year? Thanks
  • gericogerico Member Posts: 24
    Does anyone know if you can do MSD's on the Q5 2.0 Premium Plus right now ?
    The dealer I'm talking too is saying I can't because Audi is waiving the security deposit right now.
    If you can do them, how many can you do ?
    And how much does each one reduce the Money Factor by ?

Also, what should the current residual value be at for a 36 month lease with 10k miles per year ?
    The dealer is telling me its 55%

And lastly, what should the base Money Factor be ?
    The dealer is telling me its .00189
    Which is higher than what's being mentioned in previous posts here.

Thanks in advance for any help given.
    Thank you CarMan! Much appreciated. You are my hero!
  • gericogerico Member Posts: 24
    Thanks for the link.
    I actually had found that one before I posted.
    What I'm hoping to find out is if anyone knows if it can be done now since Audi is not requiring a security deposit.
    That's what this dealer is telling me.
    And I'm hoping it's not true since the MSD's can reduce the monthly lease payment by over $50/month.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Some dealers are weird about MSDs, and others don't care... I wonder if it cuts into the finance reserve that gets kicked back from Audi Finance?

While I have no actual knowledge of the program that doesn't require a security deposit, it doesn't seem likely that it would affect the MSD program... After all, the MSDs are extra security deposits..

It sure doesn't work that way with BMW... like most brands, loyal customers don't have to pay a security deposit... but, they can still do MSDs....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Here you go ljcdclakerfan. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00139 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00139 and 51%.

The money factors for the 2013 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus are the same, but its residual values are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi beachybumm. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 Q5 with 10,000 miles per year are .00139 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome roadragee :) .

Car_man
    Host
  • kennethzkennethz Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Hi Car_man,

I'm new to this forum.....planning to buy a Q5 in a month.
    Received an offer from a local dealer today:
    Car: Q5 2.0T Premium Plus MMI,B&O,19.5 wheels
    MSRP:$46845
    Price: $44288 +tax +audi care+fee = out the door $49594
    Out of Pocket:$3000
    Term: 36 month 12000 miles/year
    Lease payment:$648.57/month

I know this may not be a reasonable but just wondering what should be the rignt leasing price for this car...

Thank you!
  • unionwunionw Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Close to a lease purchase and want to see if I'm in the ballpark.
    Can you help provide money factor and residual on Q5 2.0T Premium Plus - MM nav, B&O, 19.5,
    42/month, 10k/yr?
    And what portion, if any of the cash on delivery are generally negotiable?
    Thank you
    Welcome kennethz. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck actually looks pretty good to me. I'd eyeball it at probably around $500 over invoice. Just make sure to ask for a complete breakdown of what is being added to that price to come up with the capitalized cost.

Once you are comfortable with that, have the dealer calculate your payment using Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00139 (for top credit tier customers).

$3,000 is a lot of money to pay at lease signing as well. How does that break down? I always advise consumers to pay as little as possible at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure unionw. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00159 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You really don't have to pay anything, or much other than your vehicle's first month's payment at signing if you don't want to. In most areas things like sales tax, the acquisition fee, etc can all be rolled into your vehicle's capitalized cost to make them part of your monthly lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • jls008jls008 Member Posts: 3
    Hello. I just left the dealership and secured the following deal on a 2013 2.0 L prestige plus (Black exterior, black leather interior):

3 years, 36,000 miles lease
    price of car, $800 above invoice (salesperson showed me the invoice:
    54% residiual
    $5000 towards my trade-in (2005 Hyundai Santa Fe)
    No other money down
    Total monthly payment $563.00 per month.

I researched this page quite a bit before agreeing upon these terms. Please let me know your thoughts on the quality of this deal. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • redline325redline325 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,
    Looking to lease a loaded '13 Q5 3.0T premium plus. I've negotiated price to $49,351. Based on the 54% residual and .00139 MF I'm coming up with a $633 after tax payment including 9% tax. I used $600 for doc/title fees. I am figuring this correctly (within a few bucks?). Thank you for the input

Redline325
    OK, so I'm answering my own question here since I went by the dealer today. Car is a 2014 Q5 3.0T Black Pearl/Black, S-line, sport interior, MMI, B&O. MSRP is $52,670. I have an Audi Friends & Family cert so that gets me $300 over invoice. They initially tried to add in over $800 of advertising fees and I told them no after a lot of back and forth. Also they initially tried to use .00159 as the money factor. I wound up with .00139 and 55% residual on a 36 month lease 10k miles. $5,000 down and $646 a month after tax (9%)

Is this as good as I can get? Or should I push a bit further?
  • jls008jls008 Member Posts: 3
    My message is right above yours. No one responded to mine, so I thought we could help each other! After being unsure about the deal I was offered, I emailed 5 other dealerships in the area. Over the past couple of days I have gone back and forth and the best deal I could find was only about $10 a month less than what I was offered. There are so many variables. I think the best thing to do is simply email other dealers and see if they can beat your price. If they cannot do much better, and you like the dealership, I would assume you got a good deal and stick with it.
    I think you have some room to move lower than $800 above invoice, shoot for $300 above. These dealers say the cars are limited and in demand but that's not true. I was looking at a V6 Cayenne and the Porsche dealer (same owner & attached to Audi dealership) told me that Porsche doesn't discount because the cars are in demand and the Audi's are "distressed inventory" They want to dump 2013's before the '14's come in. You don't need to buy a new car, but they need to sell cars.
  • russ495russ495 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Please can you confirm the money factor and residual for both the 2.0L and 3.0L for 36month 30000 and 36000 mile leases assuming +720 credit and -720 credit?

I am also being told that my 2000 downpayment will go towards license and registration etc with less than 10% going against reducing the cost of the vehicle.
    Is this normal?
    Hi russ495. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00139 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical '13 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus are .00139 and 54...interestingly exactly the same.

The residual values for leases of this truck with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

At lease signing consumers typically have to pay their vehicle's first month's payment (in this case say $500+) and the acquisition fee (AFS charges $695). Those two things alone will add up to $1,200. I'm sure that the dealer will have to charge you some sort of fees for license, title, tax etc. on top of that. They may try to slip some dealer fees in there as well to pad their profit.

Car_man
    Host
  • sebastian504sebastian504 Member Posts: 5
    CarMan:

What would be the Residual and money factor on a Premium 2.0 on a 36 month, 20k per year mile lease? Thanks!
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    To anyone who can help:

Audi financial allows 9 additional security deposits (a total of 10). Each deposit effectively reduces the money factor (interest by another name, of course).

If the sec dep is -- for the sake of argument -- $600 (even if it is NOT technically required) how much of an impact does each additional deposit make (if it is linear) or, is there someplace to plug in the sec dep and "see" the mo payment drop?

I read somewhere that the sec deps would drop a payment by $50. Is that ONE sec dep, SEVEN sec deps, etc?

I would also gather that the most accurate answer is only correct for a maximum of 30 days -- so, what I would most like to know is the "formula" that is used.

I still see people here on Edmunds wanting to (or at least planning on) making cap cost reductions out of pocket. Truth be told, we leased a new Infiniti FX in 2010 and our start up costs included about $3K as a "down payment." Of course that money is gone now. Had we made a $3K or more MSD instead, we would be getting a check back from Infiniti at the end of the year -- but the unknown is what the MSD's impact regarding LOWERING the mo pmt is.

Thanks for your help.

Confused in Cincinnati . . . .
  • chchoichchoi Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Carman,

I would like to know the MF and residual for (3yr. 10k/yr):
    1. Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
    2. Q5 3.0T Premium Plus

Thanks.
    edited May 2013
    I don't have the specifics on Audi's MSD program, but I can give you general answers to your questions, as I've done MSDs with both BMW and Infiniti..

BMW gives a MF reduction of .00007 per MSD, up to a maximum of 7...
    7 X .00007 = .00049 total reduction.. On a typical $50K car, this will save about $40+tax/month (for 7 MSDs)

Infiniti allows up to 9 MSDs, and the reduction is .0001 for each one, for a total reduction of .0009.. Again, on a typical $50K car, this will save about $70+tax/month..

So... the question is: How much of an MF reduction does Audi allow for each of the MSDs? I've seen mentions of .00005 and .00008.. a quick search didn't yield an answer...

Hope that helps...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

AFS offers reduced Rent Charge Factors when more than one security deposit is collected on the same contract.
    Reduce the rent charge factor .00008 for each additional security deposit. Collect up to nine additional deposits over the initial required security deposit for a maximum of 10 total security deposits.
    The total allowable security deposit(s) in New York is $749 Multiple Security Deposit Discounts are not available with a Pre-Pay Lease. The minimum Rent Charge Factor may not be less than .00005 and cannot exceed five decimal places.
    Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi sebastian504. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00139 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that I have seen residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    edited June 2013
    Hi chchoi. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00139 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Interestingly, the numbers for the 3.0T Premium Plus are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Caman,

Does AFS offer +1% residual with purchase of Audi Car for Q5 as well?

Thanks.
    Hi roadragee. I believe that the residual value bump applies to all Audi models.

Car_man
    Host
  • lolo143lolo143 Member Posts: 4
    I'm about to lease this 2013 Q5, premium plus w nav.

MSRP: $45,590
    Got them down to: $42,895 (I think- we left the dealership in a rush)
    $3,000 down
    36 months
    10k year
    $600 (including tax) a month

Should I go for this? I"m new to this so any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!
  • hsnychsnyc Member Posts: 10
    Long time reader, first time poster.....

I'm close to pulling the trigger on the Q5 or the X3. Truly a toss-up, although the wife wants the Q5 and you know what they say about "happy wife, happy life"! Anyway, when I asked my Audi sales rep "Other then the subjective 'feel of the drive,' why do you most often lose people to the X3," he said "our lease program for the Q5 isn't very strong compared to theirs."

I appreciated his honesty, and after running his best-he-can-do numbers for a Q5 w PP+ and Nav vs the quote I got from BMW with virtually the same equipment, I found that he's right....about $50/mth more for the Audi ($650 vs. $600). FYI, each quote was for zero down, 10k miles/month, 36 month leases. In each case the numbers were worked up at $150 over invoice ($42,500 for the BMW, $41,300 for the Audi). Considering BMW bakes in maintenance so they can SAY they're giving customers all-in maintenance vs Audi's pay as you go, the gap on financials alone is even wider.

The Audi sales rep says Audi makes up for its poor residual on the Q5 by letting customers out of their lease at the 30 month mark, but that assumes I stay in Audi, and the whole idea of a lease for me is the option to try something completely new (if I want) at lease end.

So, what am I missing? Anyone hear any explanations about why Audi's program is so much worse than BMW?
  • fordrmfordrm Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone give me a good comparison of a regular lease vs. the Audi Premier Purchase program?

I'm currently looking for a Q5 3.0 PP, with monsoon grey finish + MMI package. Through my wife's employer, we qualify for the 6% discount, so the numbers are coming out as follows:

MSRP = $47925
    Final Sales Price = $45,049.50 + $895 destination fee, so my capitalized cost would be $45,944.50

I've been quoted 42 months $675/month for 10K miles.

Not knowing that it was a Premier Purchase quote, I built a spreadsheet for 36 months, using a Money Factor of 0.00139 (x2400 = 3.34%) and a Residual Rate of 55%.

When I called them back to get an explanation for the difference (and the MF and RR that they're using), that's when I learned that it is a Premier Purchase that they're offering me. They also told me that they're using an interest rate of 5.5% (I'm not sure why that's so high.. we both have great credit, but they haven't run a credit check yet) and residual of 52%.

Given that we've got good credit, is this a good deal, or could we do better?
  • dan303dan303 Member Posts: 3
    I want to buy new Audi Q5 but am wary that a generation change may happen in an year or so.

Does anyone know when that is happening?

Thanks!
    New Q5 won't be here until 2016. Next Q5 will be built at the new Mexican factory scheduled to be completed sometime in 2016. So, you should be just fine for 3 year lease.
  • glayfan40glayfan40 Member Posts: 33
    I was seriously considering the Q5 with the same packages as yours but the low residuals became a real deal-breaker for me. I ended up leasing the 2013 GLK250 BlueTec instead. The lease deal (24-mo, 12K mi/yr) I got for that car with an MSRP of $44,615 was just over 10% discount, $1750 out-of-pocket (TTL, 1st payment and acquisition), for $514/mo (6.25% tax included). The residual on the GLK was at 72%, considerably higher than a Q5 with the same term and mileage allowance. Just as you mentioned, the shorter term would also allow me to get into something different at the end of the lease. Hope this helps!
    Hi CarMan

Do you have July AFS rate on 2013/ 2014 Q5 models?

2.0T P+ 36 month 12k/year.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.