Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Crosstour

12346»

Comments

• zapper4zapper4 Member Posts: 1
    From what I've read the 2013 Crosstour will not be available with the new Accord direct injected 4-cylinder engine with the CVT transmission. That engine/transmision gets significantly better mileage and performance than the old engine and I don't understand why they won't offer it on the new Crosstour. Perhaps is just a shortage of the new engine, but it seems a serious deficiency for this new model, particularly considering the continuing upward price of gasoline.
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    When will they be hitting the dealer showrooms?
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    its probably due to the size & weight of the CT. I know my wife loves her's, but she also has the V6.

Odie
  • ronnronn Member Posts: 398
    edited January 2013
    Hi,
    Wondering if anyone can give me their opinion on this vehicle. I have a Toyota Highlander that I really love, but it is a 2008 when they changed to the bigger size. I did not like the Rav4, so I bought the Highlander. I love my Highlander, but would really like to have something smaller.
    Like my Highlander, I need 4 wheel drive, and I happened to look at this Crosstour while out on a Sunday drive. I really love the looks of this, and it seems from the reviews that it is great for quiet, smooth rides and luxury, but then still has the 4 wheel drive that I need. I am 6'2, and around 220 , so I need to fit well with legs and head room.......I have looked at the CRV, but I really don't like it's looks as well, and I hear it doesn't ride very smooth. I am spoiled with the quiet, smooth ride of the Highlander, so that is important to me......I would appreciate your opinions....I have always been a Toyota guy, never had a Honda, but I know people that love them.....Thanks
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    It rides on the Pilots frame. It is longer than the Pilot and about the same width. My wife loves hers but both of us comment about the massive blind spots. Have you looked at the Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon or the new XV Crosstrek. I was looking at them both as replacements for my '06 Pilot. I myself am 6'3" 266# and fit them both nicely. The only other thing about the Crosstour that hurts it... it's mileage is horrible. My wife gets averaged 18 around town and I've calculated it as high as 24 on the highway, so this is on par with the Pilot.

Odie
    Thank you for writing.......I have looked at the Subaru's, but I don't think they are as quiet or smooth as the Honda would be....as far as the gas mileage, I only get that with the Highlander......I haven't driven any of them, so I should try them all, but I just like the looks of the Honda , and peoples reviews about the quiet and smooth ride make me lean that way if I were to change.
    Wow....just compared some specs...the Highlander is shorter than the Crosstour.....amazing....about the same as far as leg and head room etc.
    Other than the Gas mileage, would you say it is probably the best ride that you guys tried ?
  • 2009_Lex_Rex2009_Lex_Rex Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a 2012 Crosstour and am very happy with size and gas mileage, mostly due to the I4. You are correct, the styling is unique and is similar to the Acura ZDX for $20k less. I did not need AWD, since I have a SUV also.
    I traded a 2008 Accord Coupe V6, the Crosstour has a much better ride and much more room. I was concerned that it would be underpowered but that has not been an issue for me.
    I posted this on the Buying experience as well, but here too.
    My question is does the Crosstour hold the same value as the Honda Accord ? The Accord has excellent resale value and beats the Toyota Camry....I also never have seen a commercial for the Crosstour......is it a best kept secret ? I really like the looks and features of this car, but there is so much not being said about it........can recent owners give me some feed back...thanks !
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Crosstour holding value will be a function of what you buy it for. I have had one for several years - very comfortable car, feels solid and much heavier that the accord sedan it replaced. General comments on the Crosstour is that it is not a good looking car so if the masses are right, it may not retain it's value as well as the Accord sedan. When I got mine, there was some significant manufacturer incentive money to the dealer because the vehicle was falling short of sales expectations. Blind spot is an issue which alone may be enough for me not to get another one (current one is on lease). Also, the headlights are an issue - they do not seem that bright and they do not project far enough for my liking. My guess is you can get a significant discount on a 2012 model. The 2013 is different but at this point in time, they do not appear to be readily available. Note that the Crosstour's Acura sibling, the ZDX has been discontinued. BMW is working on a 3 series tourer - smaller and less expensive (obviously) than their 5 series version. I assume BMW sees a market for the product but even Honda indicated their targeted 1st year sales for the 2010 Crosstour was only 40k units and they came in I believe 25%+ lower than that in first year sales volume.
    Just watched a video yesterday that will add Siri to the Honda Accord and Crosstour ! This is great for iphone users...i might just have to wait for the 2014 Crosstour....let's hope they add LED headlights and turn signals on the outside mirrors....that would really add also !
    Read and watched video by HondaproJason yesterday...Honda will be adding Siri to the Accord and Crosstour ! I might just have to wait for the 2014 Crosstour.......Hope they add LED headlights and turn signals to the mirrors....an additional nice touch !
  • ziffiesziffies Member Posts: 11
    Can anyone confirm whether 2013 Crosstour I4 engine uses timing belt or timing chain?

Thank you.