Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Buick Regal Lease Questions

Comments

• zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    Thanks Car Man. I saw the Loyalty rebate on the GM site but there was no sign of the Conquest rebate. That's helpful.
    On the GM site today. they had a Regal CXL for $249/mo with $2079 due at signing. 39k miles. No rebate mentioned. Delivery by 2/28. Does that mean with the Conquest, it would be closer to $219?
    Seems to be a lot of inconsistency in the info.
  • matthaneymatthaney Member Posts: 29
    Car_man

Any news on January MF and Residuals? Looking at 2011 Regal T01 and T02. 36-month or 39-month with 12K ml/yr or 10K ml/yr. I see the $1000 Conquest mentioned as still viable. Did they carry over the $2500 lease cash that GM was offering back in Dec - Jan03 or is that dried up now? Thanks!
    Lease question: GM advertises a lease price for an RL1 Regal. Dealer offers that deal to me. Is there room for negotiation or is the dealer going to stick to that price? ( I assume there's probably a $500 profit built into that price.) I'm doing the deal this weekend and need to know what I'm doing. Thanks
    Leased a Regal RL1 with black paint. Lease was $220/mo with $1995 down plus $1000 Conquest Rebate, 12000mi/yr. No lease termination charges. It was through Ally. 51% residual.
    zeen,

Did your dealer mention anything about "lease cash incentive" as part of your deal? I have seen the lease cash incentive mentioned in a couple different places on the web, but have yet to get any confirmation from the forum if it does indeed still exist. Was the Conquest the only incentive offer calculated into your lease?

Congrats on the new car!
    Car_Man,

See post# 54

Can you provide guidance please? Appreciate the helping hand!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi matthaney. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal T01 or T02 with 12,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 53%, respectively.

The lease rates for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are the same, but the residual values are 2% lower.

The residual values for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

GM is providing a $3,300 cash incentive on leases of the Regal through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi zeen. Manufacturers' official advertised leases usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who shop around in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to beat the selling prices that were used to calculate manufacturers' payments. If I was interested in leasing a Regal right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice minus the $3,300 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Rock bottom lease price including all incentives (and lease cash as I understand it =) and $2k down was $210 in my area. I added $6/mo for the paint (black) and came out to rock bottom of $216. Dealer would not go lower than $220. Did I do bad?
    Ally lease does not have a good allowance for damage at end of lease however. My Acura had a $1500 allowance.
  • james204james204 Member Posts: 4
    Also look out for some Banks that charge Fees to buy out the leased auto or even to return it at the end of a lease. I like Ally the best, you cant beat the no extra fees and the 3,300 lease cash. Another Bank has a 395 turn in fee, thats almost 11 dollars a month pn fees on a 36 month lease.
    I would still like to know how the incentives and the lease cash translate into a lease cost on a base RL1. Recently, in the Philly area, there was an add for a 39 mo. lease with $1400 down for $199. That translates into about $177/mo with $2000 down. I assume that his includes the lease cash benefit. How much lower can you go on a $27k MSRP vehicle?
    Car_man,

Thanks again for the info. Dealer is saying the Conquest expires end of January, but appears most other incentives like lease cash and loyalty run to 2/28. Do you have knowledge of $1000 Conquest exp. date?

With Turbo's being in, what seems to be, short supply is anyone having much luck in getting dealers to move their sell price down from sticker?
    You can look to aim for 500 over invoice , also look at the TMV for your area. The Regal has a short gap from invoice to MSRP. The main thing is to make sure you are getting the base rate and add any fees to the monthly total. I prefer Ally because of no turn in fees and the 3,300 in lease cash.
    Hi matthaney. To the best of my knowledge the conquest is scheduled to run through the end of February, like the rest of GM's programs.

Car_man
    Host
  • quattro5quattro5 Member Posts: 39
    Question - Does the Regal qualify for BOTH the $1000 Conquest PLUS the $3300 Ally Lease Cash? Should I be figuring a total of $4300 off the MSRP at a minimum before any price negotiations?
    quattro5,

Good news is yes the dealer will give you both. With my deal it took me calling it to their attention asking if both were figured into the numbers. And "oops you're right we forgot to add the $1000 Conquest". Best to state up front you know about the $4300 to insure.
    I'm not a lease expert so how do those incentives translate into actual lease terms? What kind of real world monthly payments are people negotiating on Regals with these incentives.
    Edmunds has a lease calc, just put the numbers in and it gives you a payment. I like Ally and the 3,300 lease cash, edmunds has the TMV for prices and look to pay 500 over invoice.
  • jamlhessjamlhess Member Posts: 4
    Hi Zeen, I'm searching for a lease deal on a Regal. Would you mind sharing with me the location and name of dealer where you got your car? Also, did you your deal include the conquest incentive? Thanks.
    jamlhess

My deal included the Conquest rebate.
    It was O'Neill Buick in Warminster PA
    My best advice is that you should be able to get a Regal base (RL1) with $2k down, 39 mo, 12k/yr for $200/mo with the Conquest rebate and all lease cash.
    Add to that price based on the options you want.
    If you need a contact there, let me know and I'll provide my email address.
    Thanks James. Will give that a try. Of course, for me, it's after the fact. We have a dealer here in the Philly area that advertise rock bottom prices for Buick leases. My approach has been to start off with that price at the dealer I use based on the assumption that it includes all rebates and cash.
    Thanks Zeen.

I've done the math and just don't see how it's possible to get a price that low. Here's what I've calculated:

My Corporate Discount Car price=$26409
    GM Lease Cash Incentive=$3300
    Conquest Incentive=$1000
    Adjusted Car Price=$22109

Residual Value (39 month lease @ 51%)=$11276
    Lease Rate=1.8%
    Monthly Payment ($11276 @1.8%)=$297.88

What am I doing wrong?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    edited January 2011
    Residual percentage is multiplied by MSRP to calculate residual value, not multiplied by the adjusted (net) price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Oh, that makes a big difference. Thanks.
    After doing a little more research here's what I come up with for a monthly payment:

Regal MSRP=$26245
    GM incentive=$3300
    Conquest incentive=$1000
    My company discount=$586
    Adjusted Price: $26245-($3300+$1000+$586)=$21359

Ally 39 month lease
    Residual value=51%
    Interest rate=1.8% (0.00075 money factor)

Residual price: $26245*.51=$13385
    Depreciation: $21359-$13385=$7974
    Monthly depreciation: $7974/39=$204
    Monthly Interest: ($21359+$13385)*0.00075=$26
    Monthly payment: $204+$26=$230

Does this look correct? Thanks in advance for your help!!!
    What option package is with this vehicle?
    The dealer sent me the lease sheet that outlines the program with Ally. It shows a $795 administrative fee. Has anyone seen this?
    That sounds like a lease acquisition fee.... it goes to the bank.. I'm not sure what Ally's fee is.. Some banks allow the dealer to mark it up for extra profit..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ursvp2ursvp2 Member Posts: 2
    Hello. I'm looking for February numbers on a T06, 12k per year, 39 months. Also, do you need written documentation for the Conquest rebate or is a verbal mention good enough? Also had a salesman tell me he "sees" $1,000 in dealer cash on his sheet as of today for the Regal, would that be in addition to the $3,300 Ally money and Conquest cash if those are still applicable? I'm in Minneapolis if that weighs into any of this. The one sales manager I'm dealing with is playing the shell game with specific numbers and feeding me monthly payments which is driving me crazy. Thanks for any information you can share.
    edited February 2011
    Ad for Regal RL1 at S. NJ dealer:
    $99/mo 36 months 12k mi/yr
    $995 due at start
    Rebates listed: (all $1,000) GM Loyalty, GM in-Market, GM Conquest
    Also includes $750 USAA rebate.
    You can do the math if you don't qualify for the rebates. Approx $30 per thousand of rebate.
    Assuming you only qualify for GM Conquest, Lease would be approx $181/mo
    This dealer advertises rock bottom price so it includes all dealer cash
    Am I analyzing this right?
    I leases mine about a week and a half ago. Got $3300 in lease cash and $1000 conquest. Plus got credit union member pricing. I rolled in a last payment on Accord which was at mileage limit plus my state has a usage tax i rolled in and the Ally lease fee of $795. I still got done for sub-$300 per month. Very happy with this car so far.
    Quattro: What option packaged did you get?
    I am enjoying mine as well. Still adjusting the the lack of power compared to the Acura TL I had but it's not a real problem. Drove 200 miles yesterday on the highway and I had plenty of power and cruised comfortably between 75-80.
    Just the base RL1. Non-turbo

Way more features than my old LX-P Accord. Just a much classier vehicle overall than that car. I agree the lack of power isn't that big of a deal. Much smoother and quieter than the Accord.
  • tmoneyr007tmoneyr007 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Base RL1 (coming from a loaded 07 Accord V6)
    US Bank Incentive (Still have to pay a $395 end of lease fee) But incentive/rates combined were better than Ally in my case.
    $2000 GM Points
    $1000 Conquest
    $600 off MSRP
    $500 Trade-In Equity

First month at signing plus tax on rebates (~$640)
    $238/month (including taxes) 15K/yr 48 month lease (went longer than a 39 for $2 more a month, because I'm happy paying $238 to drive this car)

Car could use a little more power and the transmission seems like it needs a software upgrade (not 10000% happy with the shifting) but for the price and the quality of materials, especially the interior, I'm very happy!
  • ursvp2ursvp2 Member Posts: 2
    $33,385 MSRP (19" rims/roof/bi-xenons/black on black), $3300 Ally rebate, $1000 Dealer Cash, $1000 Conquest, Credit Union rebate and we ended up at $31,241 as the starting point of the vehicle. 49% residual, 1.8 (.00075 money factor) 39 months, 12k a year. $2,000 total out of pocket which included sales tax so only about $250 was actual down payment, I was out the door at $320/month, and I think they still ended up sneaking some fees in on me, but I'm still happy.

Nothing else I drove came close to this car in terms bang for your buck, and I currently have both a BMW and a Mercedes.
    That Regal is smoking hot. Good luck with it. Seems like you got an excellent deal. My dealer told me a Regal GS is due late this year. I wonder if it will have a six.
    Hello ursvp2. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal T06 with 12,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 49%, respectively.

You need to actually own or be currently leasing a competitive vehicle to qualify for the conquest cash. I don't know how strict GM is, but I suspect that you can't just say "Oh I own an XYZ mobile and leave it at that."

General Motors is indeed now providing $1,000 dealer cash on the 2011 Regal. I'm not 100% positive that it is compatible with GM's special lease program...but I suspect that it is.

Car_man
    Host
    Latest deal from same dealer:
    24 month lease 12,000 mi/yr. $129/month
    $325 due at start
    Incentives needed: $2750 lease cash (everyone qualifies), $1000 GM Rebate, $1000 GM loyalty rebate, $1000 GM In-market rebate, $750 USAA rebate $1000 Conquest rebate.
    Question: how does one qualify for conquest and loyalty?
  • thedobrinskithedobrinski Member Posts: 2
    Local dealer advertised $209/mo. 27 mo. lease and $0 due at signing for RL1. Went in and found out that there was over $1,000 in upfronts to get the deal. Apparently the rebates for $1,000 GM conquest and $3,300 Ally lease are taxed PLUS Ally charges almost $800 lease origination fee. Not exactly $0 due at signing!
  • nybrokernybroker Member Posts: 25
    From what i gather here there are some nice rebates $1000 plus $3300 on the 2011 Regal for a lease. I usually buy my car but there does not seem to be much off MSRP the best I see is through ZAG at around $2000 off MSRP

I am interested in a non turbo RL2 MSRP 27,995 Invoice 27,370 Amex Zag is 25,950 using the lease logic i could buy the car for 24,695 but that does not seem able to happen.

I am not in a rush to buy the car I can wait a few months I believe the cash rebate or dealer incentive has to be increased any thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance this is a great forum hope you guys and gals can help me get a great deal on a Regal
    NYBroker:
    I paid $221 per month for 39 months with $2k down after all incentives. MSRP was $26995. My estimate is that you should target $250 per month or lower if you can for the extra $1000 in price.
  • wallet45wallet45 Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man,
    Can you provide the money factor and residual for a 36 month lease w/12k miles per year on a '11 Buick Regal Turbo TO7 (MSRP: $35,200)?

Also can you provide the money factor and residual for a 36 month lease w/12k miles per year on a '11 Buick Regal RL6 (MSRP: $31,780)?

Lastly, can you list the lease rebates and cash incentives for both modes. Thanks!
  • cea3cea3 Member Posts: 5
    Where did you see this?! If you remember let me know. I looked online, couldn't find it. I'm located in NJ

I am looking to lease a Legacy or a Regal. Whatever I can get the best deal on.

Thanks!
    Here you go wallet45.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal Turbo 7 with 12,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Regal Turbo 6 are 0.15% and 50%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,400 cash incentive that's available on 36 month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140
    looking for 39m 12k lease numbers - Money factor and residual?

Current lease cash, is the 1k manu to dealer cash available on top of the lease cash? is there conquest or loyalty?

I am in PA.

Thanks in advance Carman
  • arlene61arlene61 Member Posts: 1
    I have leased for the last 11 years -- 3 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Now I am looking to lease a Buick Regal - 39 month lease. Can I get a lease w/o putting down a fee of $1,000 to $2,500???

What would a good lease be for a loaded Buick Regal - 6 cylinder for 39 months?
    Thanks!!!
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member Posts: 108
    I was told today that the Regal CXL Turbo with package 4 had a residual of 46% (15K miles) and 1.1% rate. Seems like the residual was as much as 54% last year and has dropped significantly, which is increasing the lease prices. I guess it's because the 2011 has been out almost a year now? You can go to KBB and see that they already list it as a used car and depreciation of over $2K.

So, it's a double whammy trying to lease one now. First, you are paying more per month, plus if you buy it out at the end, it's already depreciated alot.

Also, dealer said if I wanted to buy the car at the end of the lease, there is an additional $2,500 surcharge on top of the buyout price. Haven't heard of that before. Finance guy said it's because they don't want you to buy the car at the end and force you into a new car. Does this $2,500 fee really exist?
    There are multiple posts about the $2500 purchase option fee through Ally Bank..

Seems counter-productive for a bank. Most banks encourage lessees to buy their cars at lease-end, so they don't have to worry about the wholesale value of the car. Seems strange to dis-incentivize that...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• magicbob1magicbob1 Member Posts: 8
    Good morning,

Could you tell me the name & phone of the dealer offering this at $209 mo?

Even with $1000 upfront instead of 0 down it appears to be a good deal because I am not on the $1000 market retention rebate list.

Thanks for your help!

Bob
  • magicbob1magicbob1 Member Posts: 8
    Good morning,

Could you tell me the name & phone of the dealer offering this at $99 and then $129 mo?

Even though I might not qualify for some of the rebates I'd like to see my lease price with those added back into the lease.

I am in NJ.

Thanks for your help!

Bob
This discussion has been closed.