Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Nissan Pathfinder

coupedncalcoupedncal Member Posts: 252
Let's start a thread on 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. Nissan USA site has good bit of info on this new model.

Comments

• ssvbvballssvbvball Member Posts: 1
    In regards to the look of the 2013, it's very disappointing. This was one of the last tough, boxy SUVs left and it has finally sold out and become a crossover. It makes me love my 2010 even more!
  • scottyt24scottyt24 Member Posts: 24
    Does anyone know when the new pathfinder will be available for sale?
  • shaolinshaolin Member Posts: 14
    I think it will be out in the fall. I'm surprised pricing hasn't been released yet. Perhaps they are waiting to see how its cousin the Infiniti JX is doing.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2012
    "At a media preview here for the 2013 Pathfinder coming this fall, Nissan North America officials confirmed fuel economy figures for the new-generation crossover and said its 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway/22 combined rating will lead the segment. The Pathfinder is one of the last large SUVs to make the conversion from body-on-frame architecture to a lighter unibody structure."

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Fuel Economy Leaps 30 Percent, Leads Class (Inside Line)

• hoborayhoboray Member Posts: 16
    Anyone know when this will be released? It's becoming like the Ford Fusion - pics but no date and it's becoming somewhat stale.
    NissanUSA.com still says "this fall." Maybe they are stockpiling some so they can push a bunch out to the dealers close to the same time.

Don't see any in a quick search in CA using our Search Inventory tool under the New Cars tab above.
  • renee608renee608 Member Posts: 6
    our dealership here in st louis is getting one next week for training purposes. the salesman tells me to expect them in October!
    Well, that's still "fall". Barely. :D

Thanks!
    edited October 2012
    "Nearly as Nice as the Infiniti

As in the Infiniti, materials quality is high and although the attractively grained dash isn't soft to the touch, this is no great disappointment in the Nissan version. The center stack controls are a bit different from the JX's buttons and dials, but they feel equally sturdy and all the functionality is there — well, all except for the Plasmacluster cabin ionizer and its grape polyphenol air filter.

Pricing is competitive, too, as our fully loaded Platinum model undercuts similarly equipped versions of the Explorer, Flex, and Traverse. The CX-9 and Pilot are less expensive options, but you'd have to give up a few of the Pathfinder's amenities.

If you live in a non-minivan household and you're shopping for a family mobile, go ahead and put the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder on your list. Even if you don't love driving it, your family is probably going to like riding in it." (Inside Line)
  • kartdadkartdad Member Posts: 44
    Local dealer called me Saturday morning and had received their first 2013 Pathfinder. My wife and I went down and checked it out. Very impressive in person. Its was a Platinum with 4 wheel drive and Premium package....so fully loaded. We have looked at the Highlander Limited and Pilot Touring and were waiting for this to drop so we could compare. Here are my thoughts.
    I will start with interior.

1. Interior room is fantastic. The third row access is super easy and the 3rd row even reclines.
    2. Quality of leather is above the Highlander and Pilot.
    3. Controls look daunting at first but after test driving it, they are very easy to learn and use. Much easier thatn Pilot but not as simple as the Highlander.
    4. Lots of sq. ft of plastic on the dash, but I have never cared since I don't sit or rub the dash for long periods of time.
    5. Console storage is ample and there are more than enough smaller storage areas like cupholders available.
    6. Headroom and legroom were comfortable for me being 6'2. I am confident people that are taller will have no issues.
    7. FOlding seats flat for moving something big is a snap and the rear storage compartment is large enough to carry some small items like shoes, small boxes, purses.
    8. Panaromaic roof is cool. We have one in our Venza and it does brighten up the interior.

Exterior
    1. So much better in person than online. The lines of the rig flow very nicely.
    2. There is a nice balance or metal, chrome, and plastic.
    3. The wheels on the platinum look good!
    4. Power liftgate is adjustable....meaning you can set it to only go up so far if you have limited garage access.
    5. The all around view camera is a trip! Will take some getting used to when look at all different sides of the car. The rear view camera is cool in the fact that as you turn the wheel, the lines on the display move with it to show you where you will be backing up to.
    6. Step in height is perfect...not too high for a avg. sized person.
    7. Visibility was decent. I thought the highlander was a bit better, but I think this is similar to the Pilot.

Technology
    1. Stereo is top notch. Similar to the top of the line system in the Highlander and definitely better than the Pilot Touring system.
    2. The tri zone enterntainment system is a nice feature vs the one screen overhead systems in the pilot and highlander, but to be honest we don't really care. Our kids use ipads or other stuff to entertain themselves on longer trips, but you can't get the Panoramic roof on the Platinum without getting this system. We didn't get a chance to actually use it on the test drive though.
    3. Like above the around view monitor is very useful feature and the programmable remote key fob is nice feature. Remote start, setting of climate controls, and even the heated/cooled seats can be programmed and then you can remote start the rig.
    4. It has both backup camera and rear sensors. The Pilot Touring does too, but highlander does not.
    5. The toughscreen display is very clear...similar to Toyota but easier to touch and access vs the Pilot.
    6. The driver info screen between the speedo and tachometer is handy of instant info. Reminds me of a similar screen at the top of the dash in the Highlander and Venza. Same function with trip and mileage info, but Pathfinder shows more items like 4x4 drive status and tire pressures.

Performance
    1. Drives wonderfully! The CVT that some were skeptical when it comes to performance and noise under acceleration were not apparent on our drive. It was very smooth and noise was no more than any other crossover rigs I have driven.
    2. Felt very stable in cornering and brakes had little fade.
    3. Doesn't feel as big when you are behind the wheel.
    4. More driver feedback vs. the Highlander and the very numb pilot. Meaning you felt like you were really involved and engaged driving the pathfinder. More car-like feel and performance. The Highlander is similar but still not as fun. The Pilot felt very spartan and somewhat boring to drive...even spirited driving the pilot felt like it was a chore.

Overall impression
    We are definitely interested in it. They only had the one and it was white with black leather. We don't want white so when more start to roll in, we will most likely buy one. The white wants the Platinum, fully loaded.

The highlander is a close second based on price and overall quality, but if really feels small and light...which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Had the pathfinder not been re-done, I would buy a Highlander today.

The Pilot, although the touring is fantastic just doesn't measure up. I really like it though. I htink the styling, albeit a bit boxy is fine. But the interior doesn't have the finish and feel of the Toyota and Nissan. And real world MPG can't compare to the Pathfinder.

I think the Pathfinder compares more to an Acura MDX, but with MUCH better mpg.

If you are on the fence about a crossover, thrid seat mini-suv...go check it out. It's worth a look.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    It sounds nice. You'll probably want to wait a few months until inventory builds up and prices come down. Incidentally, I believe new Highlander and Pilot models are due for 2014. May come out sometime in 2013. Don't know anything about them other than the Pilot is supposed to move away from the boxy look and the Highlander is thought to get a bit bigger inside.
    I have a good friend that is sales manager at my local dealer that has already given me a great price on new Pathfinder. I don't see the 2014 Highlander being too much of a departure from current model. Even if it is a bit bigger, that doesnt sway me enough, and Toyota won't drastically change the vehicle that may infringe on Forerunner sales. And the Pilot would have to be very different for me to even consider it. I would think they wouldn't want to make it too nice that would bite into the MDX. Would rather have an MDX before a Pilot.
  • famouspaintfamouspaint Member Posts: 9
    Sounds just as great as I heard about. I am waiting for my local dealer to let me know when they have one to look at. I'm in the Cincinnati area.

Where are you located that the dealer has received one.
    I am up in the Seattle area. There are a few dealers that have one in stock. But I would think it would be a few weeks until they get a decent stock of colors and trim levels. Nissan really did a nice job. I have never been a buyer of Nissan products but after seeing this a few months ago on the internet, we had to check it out when looking for the crossover type of third row vehicle.

It is head and shoulders above anything domestic. The fit and finish are top notch. I have looked at everything in this category and although the GMC Arcadi Denali looks great and the interior is nice, the ride is rougher and the MPG is awful and its more money for less stuff.

Once they get the color I am looking for in, I am going to take it for the weekend and get a real world MPG on it for the type of driving we do. I am hoping that will be around 22-23.

There are a few good videos of road tests online that show the performance both on and off road. I won't take it out in deep mud (I have a truck for that) but I would feel good about being in snow or driving on unpaved roads.
    Thank you for the information. I am looking for about the same thing you are. I definitely want the around view cameras but don't want the entertainment system that has the monitors in the front head rests.

Did you get any feel for an asking price other than MSRP??

Thanks
    I am looking at paying close to invoice for it but a good friend is also one of the sales managers. I have no idea what they will sell for in terms of actual price. I did see a few dealers on autotrader listing them for almost $3000 under MSRP.

Nissan (and its dealers) will have to decide whether to:

1) try to keep inventory tight to keep selling prices strong but risk low sales on a new model which isn't good considering how many pathfinders they sold in 2012 OR

2) keep inventory moving and sell for a more aggresive price to help move up the number of units sold which would be good for business overall.

I don't really want the entertainment system either but it comes standard if you want the panaromic sunroof that comes with the premium package on the Platinum model. I wish that Nissan would have made the sunroof a stand alone option so you wouldn't be obligated to buy the extra entertainment system.
    I agree it would be nice for Nissan to offer the moonroof without any other items. If I read the brochure correctly, you will get a small moonroof without the entertainment package big rear roof.

I saw the first TV commercial for the 2013 Pathfinder on local station last night. Hope this means that the cars will be arriving at the dealers soon.

I'll keep you informed as to how I do.
    The moonroof is only available with the Premium package. I don't see anywhere in my brochure about it being a standard feature on any of the models. Would be nice if it was though!

Keep us posted.
  • samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    Hi Steve,

When you are able to find out the November numbers for a 2013 Pathfinder SL Premium and Pathfinder Platinum could you please post them for 36 months and 10K or 12k. All would be for top tier credit? NYC metropolitan area, Westchester county.

Thanks,

Stephen
    I don't keep up with the numbers but Kyfdx and Car_Man (and other potential buyers) do over on the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences boards.

Don't see any recent Pathy leasing posts but try asking over there.
  • samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    Thank you. Will do.

Stephen
    I looked at the brochure again and could not find anywhere that said the small moonroof over the driver could be available separately. I don't know how I came up with that idea. Maybe on another brand of car.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the llocal dealers to get a Pathfinder in so I can go look at it.
    There is a local dealer that has a silver one advertised today on autotrader. Its a Platinum AWD with Premium package for $41,437. MSRP is $44,820....so a discount of almost $3400. That might be pretty close to invoice. That would be a good bargaining ad for someone local looking for one.

Wish my local dealer would get a blue or red with black interior to be delivered! I would be all over it. The more road tests I read the better it sounds. And I agree with most of the reviews that it is a solid effort by Nissan.
    I just ran the numbers on the one I saw for sale. It is Silver with black interior. 4WD Platinum with Premium. Also comes with roof rails, splash guards (standard upgrade up here in PNW), illuminated sill plates, and 4 piece floormats. MSRP is $44,820 including destination and the Invoice is $40,837. So they are asking exactly $600 over invoice. That is a pretty good deal.

I would think if I went in tomorrow with my financing all ready to go through my CU, they would knock another $600-800 off just to sell it. If they are willing to discount $3400 off the top already, what's another $600 or more? I hope all dealers are ready to sell these instead of holding out for top dollar.....
  • grandesongrandeson Member Posts: 1
    Can you or anyone tell me if the recommended gas is premium on the new 2013 Pathfinder. I thought I saw that written somewhere. And if thats the case, it kind of outweighs the benefit of the very good mpg its reported to have. Please let me know if you guys have any info or link to where I can find it. Have been searching to no avail.
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Member Posts: 252
    The new Pathfinder takes regular 87 octane and JX35 takes premium.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.
  • maxgqmaxgq Member Posts: 2
    As a family guy, I need a 7 passenger vehicle that is not a mini van. I can’t stand the look or the thought of driving a mini van around town or on any trip. So, I was first attracted to the new 2013 pathfinder because of the 7 seater and the new ez latch system. Then I was researching more about it and found the 26mpg and the revamped styling to impress me.
    I basically look for a non hybrid but fuel efficient 7 seater. This ruled out a lot of options along with the Infiniti cousin. The mpg is more than 10% difference and the grill on the JX is just… ah.. more different than I want to drive coming from a guy who owns and been driving the Lexus Rx350 the past few years.
    So, here is my test drive and what I thought from a Lexus guy.
    First thing I did was to operate the ez latch to get to the third row. Yes, this is before I walked around the whole vehicle. The latch system is nice which allow me, a 6 feet 200lb guy to easily climb to the back and sit in the third row. The padding of the leather seat is nice (this was an SL version, they did not have any Platinum version for me to try; all sold out..) the width was very good. Definitely can fit 2 of me there. I then ask my friend who is 5 ft 11 to sit in the second row directly in front of me. Made sure he had space; the 2nd row seat definitely moves back allowing about 1 inch left before it touches my knees. My legs are comfortably apart and not together. My knees would bump up against the 2nd row seat if I did have it together. The front is also seated another 6 footer. So there you have it, it was very nicely spaced and more than comfortable for 1-2 hour drive before the need to stretch those legs or change seats.
    Getting in and out was also very easy. Unless you are elderly and less nimble, I think the ez seats allows for easy access to the third row. This should be the best out there in terms of access. I did notice that the plastic is harder, the finish is also a bit more raw when compare to my Lexus. But this is not meant to compete with my lexus.
    Once the trunk gate is open, one can easily put down the 3rd row seats. It takes 1 tug of the strap to put down the head rest and a latch pull to put the seat flat. Nice. The tail lamps are big and they seem nice and well built. I noticed that the cross bars are fixed on the roof rails. On the lexus is movable; but this is not a big deal.
    I sat in the driver’s seat and looked around, it is very nice. It does not seem cheap at all. The overall feel was very good. I like the knobs and the buttons. I like the leather. I like the way the steering wheel feel. The only complaint is the massive about of hard plastic from the upper dash going along the side of the center console to the ground. This makes the feel hard. I drive with my right leg leaning of the outer wall of the center console. I can imagine this to hurt after a long time. The good thing is that I noticed this seat to be much wider than my lexus and surely sit more up/higher. This allows go a good view outside when driving.

The engine was so quite after its started. I was so surprised. I think it maybe even quieter than my lexus at engine startup. You can hear the engine when you step on the gas. Its comparable, maybe a little louder than the lexus. But it droved very good. Good response on when I step on and off the gas. I am not use to the Nissan steering as its too powered even compare to my lexus. But, over all, I was very impressed. I think stopping power is definitely better than my lexus.
    Overall, I am very happy with it and am thinking about a Platinum Premium model. The only missing items are..
    HID head lights
    Side blinkers
    Auto folding side mirrors

I did not test or had the opportunity to see the platinum model as they were all sold. I didn’t get to see these features which are a must for me: Navigation, entertainment system and the 20 inch rims. But, beside that, I like the following and find all this pluses…
    Easy access and comfortable 7 seater
    19/25 or 20/26 on regular gas
    Quiet and smooth
    Available Nav + entertainment system
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    I posted my experience of the pathfinder on the price paid and buying experience section. Much better drive than infiniti JX. I drove a pl;atinum edition with mocha exterior. Highly recommend this vehicle. I initially was interested in the SL, but found out no navigation system. Saw the exterior and interior of the SL, platinum, and platinum premium. Go for the platinum edition +/- the premium package. I hope as December roles around more inventory will be available. This vehicle is high on my list as a replacement for my current vehicle.
  • asudchimanasudchiman Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone actually bought one? What prices are you seeing?
    I'm looking at the loaded Platinum and have seen 41,800 as a price via a car buying website I subscribe to. Any thoughts???
    Someone got some quotes around invoice over in the Pathfinder Prices Paid, but I don't see where anyone has reported that they purchased one yet.
  • bentleyubentleyu Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased SL Premium in Boston area. Talked to several dealers and several were didn't even give a price below MSRP, like everyone is saying, an abundance of 2012, limited 2013s, and Sandy wiping out a lot on the east coast, seems to have kept price firm.

I got mine for $37,200. They were not going any lower on the price, but came up from 2000, to 4500 on my trade (2000 honda accord 125k miles) which was 1000 over KBB fair trade.

I could have gotten another 500 off if i went with Nissan financing which was terrible.. ended up paying cash, and getting reimbursed through local credit union for 72 mod at 1.99%

As for the car, it looks sharp, drives really smooth like all nissans, and has tons of room. My wife is primary driver, and she seems to love it.

Hope this helps

Happy hunting
  • libsterlibster Member Posts: 1
    I purchased the 2013 Patherfinder Platinum 4X4 two weeks ago and would like to share some thoughts. It drives extremely well compared to my old 2001 Infiniti QX4 4X4. Very smooth and quiet, nice steering feel (almost sports car like) and great gas mileage on the freeway. However, my ‘city’ driving is not typical since I live in a slightly hilly area with ave. speeds between 15 and 30. My city mileage is far below the 19 marketed. I am getting about 10-12 mpg and 17 combined. When I drive on the freeway more frequently, I expect the combined mpg to increase to the low 20’s.

Regarding bluetooth/navigation…The auto manufacturers and the bluetooth/navigation manufacturers need to work with the phone manufacturers for a better Bluetooth experience. Luckily, I have the iPhone 4 with 5.0.1 iOS which works fairly well with the nav/bluetooth system. For those who own an iPhone 5, there are major issues. I won’t purchase the iPhone 5 until the issues are resolved with a technical service update applied to the car. Nissan’s Bluetooth support center said to stay away from iOS 6 as well on any older 4 or 4S phones.

I really enjoy the cooled/heated seats. Looking forward to utilizing the heated steering wheel this winter when I take the family up to the mountains. We’ll probably get to use the 4X4 mode too!

I also considered the 2012/13 Toyota Highlander Limited and/or a used 2009 Acura MDX with Tech Package. The Pathfinders ride, freeway mileage, technology, seating and storage make this the perfect family crossover. So far, I am very happy with my purchase and hope this car holds up as well as my 12 year old Infiniti which never had any major problems.

Note: The Pathfinder did have some issues which caused me to drive back for service:

1. The cooled/heated seats did not work. A pin on the relay was loose and was fixed.

2. Front left fender panel was slightly ajar below the highlight. They fixed it but now it popped out again.

3. Weather strip on left passenger window slides up so that needs to be fixed as well.
    There are always minor issues with a newly designed model.

I expect the transmission, engine and technology (Navigation and Bluetooth) to last at least 10-12 years.

Cheers!
  • hockeyfoolhockeyfool Member Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    Thought I would do a quick review of my new Pathfinder. I've had it almost a month and put over 2,500 miles on it so I have a good feel for it at this point. Keep in mind that I am coming out of a 2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab so my perspective may be a bit different than others. Also don't think that I don't like the PF based on the number of dislike items below because that would be wrong. I really do like it but I think it is more important to identify to others what you don't like so people can make a decision themselves as to whether or not it may be a deal breaker. Saying you like something in my opinion doesn't really help the perspective buyer make a decision.

1. Comfort - seats are comfortable with plenty of adjustment. This is extreamly important to me as I've had 2 back surgeries and a broken neck so I absolutely need to be comfortable.

2. Driving experience - handles very nicely. Not a sports car but definitely better than the truck. I've had other sportier cars but for the size the PF works very nicely. It also accelerates very well once get past 20 mph or so (see dislikes)

3. Fuel economy - I've averaged about 22 mpg. Note this is calculated. The gauge on the PF is routinely 1 to 1.5 mpg optimistic. My range has been from 20.4 to 22.9. This is on winter gas so I am hoping for better as it breaks in more and come summer time. Also I just put a Yakima cross bars and ski rack on and am noticing about 1.5 mpg lower mpg (accounts for the 20.4 mpg noted). My truck routinely would get 18.5 mpg in summer and 16.5 mpg in winter.

4. Back up camera, leather, amount of room

5. Love that I can put it in 2wd and it is front wheel drive. Why no one else does this is beyond me. Adds about 1 mpg as best I can tell and for 98% of the time is all that is needed.

6. Heated seats - love the heated seats. Nice that there are heated seats in back as well.

7. Love that you can see actual tire pressure for individual tires.

8. TBD

Dislikes:

1. automatic HVAC controls you would think would be pretty straight forward, but not on the PF. Need to read the manual on a few things -i.e. - how to turn off the "rear" controls; why the AC button some times comes on and other times does not; why when in auto after the car has been driven for over 30 minutes it goes into auto defrost and can't be shut off, etc.

2. Nothing from Yakima or Thule fits the 2013 PF cross bars. This may change in time but doesn't help me now.

3. Nothing from WeatherTech fits 2013 PF for floor mats.

4. When ever I plug my iphone into usb port to charge it automatically changes the source on the radio to Ipod. This is irritating as I don't use my iphone for music so radio just goes silent and says "no songs found". So have to scroll through "source" until get back to where it was.

5. Over head light buttons are small and not lit up so difficult to find in the dark. Much prefer the honda and toyota buttons which are the lights.

6. The blue tooth for the phone is not as good as was on my truck. Doesn't connect as well and I've been told that doesn't sound as good on the other end as my truck did. My girlfriend refuses to talk to me on the blue tooth now.

7. Not sold on the "leave key fob in pocket" and open door using button on handle. This is okay except when others are getting out to the car before you and have to wait until you are there to open the door. What use to be automatic (pull out the key fob from pocket and open door from a distance) I now have to think about. yes this is nitpicky but hey isn't that what reviews are for.

8. I have the stutter/bump issue in certain acceleration situations at about 15-20 mph. feels like going over bumps in the road. I read somewhere that there is a programming fix to adjust the CVT so I need to get that done.

9. Would like more storage compartments. Tundra had a ton of compartments.

10. The buttons on the rear view mirror do not light up. I had the same auto dimming rear view mirror in my Tundra and all of the buttons lit up at night, not just the green on button. This is a pain as sometimes I want to shut off the auto dimming but can't see where the button is.

11. Crossbars are screwed into the roof rails and there is no adjustment - seriously, this makes no sense. I put all kings of things (bikes, boxes, surfboards, kayaks, etc.) on top of my vehicles and often need to change the spread of the cross bars.

12. Location of the USB connector is inside the covered storage bin. This is where I plug my phone into charge so the cord has to snake out through a small indentation in the cover. Works ok as long as I move the cord into the exact right spot each time before I close the cover, but I obviously don't do this as is indicated by all the new dents in the cord.

13. I've been told the back seats are not very comfortable (seating position is too low) I don't sit back there so I dont really care but others may.

14. Can only put into 4wd lock from a start and then falls back to 4wd auto when get above a certain speed. I like being able to lock into 4wd when driving during a snow storm and yes my speed gets above 30 mph. Should be able to stay locked in and not depend on auto mode which is nearly 100 percent of the time in 100 percent front wheel drive even during bad conditions.

15. Hesitates a bit when first getting on the gas. Is extreamly hesitant if starting out on a steep incline (such as my driveway just as I turn onto a main road). Not good if trying to pull into traffic.

16. Small radio and phone buttons on steering wheel are too close together and too small. Requires that you look at them to figure out which button you need to push.

17. Why is the outdoor temp in the drivers display and not on the main display so everyone else can see it like most every other car out there?

18. TBD
    I'll try to update this at a later date.
  • scao1scao1 Member Posts: 7
    I just bough 2013 pathfinder 4x4 SL Premium pkg. Recently, I have noticed that the Passenger Airbag Off light does not work like to Manual said. Base on the Manual, if the small adult (100pds or less) or child sit at the pass. seat, then the Passenger Airbag Off sign is illuminated to tell the secondary airbag is off. But my 9 year old daughter weight about 55pds sat on the front pass. seat, the "Passenger Airbad Off" sign did not illuminated, so I think that mean the airbag is enabled???
    Have any one has the problem??? or explain it to me pls. I took the car to dealer and they could not explain it to me why, but they said they ran all test and did not find any error.
  • gratefuldrivergratefuldriver Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2013
    Can you tell me if the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL has a transmission cooler? Also, if it does have an internal one should an external one be added to avoid previous radiator problems? thanks
  • geekmazingeekmazin Member Posts: 1
    Tow Package on 2013 Pathfinder includes transmission cooler.
  • harv8harv8 Member Posts: 2
    "3. Nothing from WeatherTech fits 2013 PF for floor mats."

They have them for the front now. I just got mine yesterday. They fit great. :D
  • vchd4vchd4 Member Posts: 2
    According to my dealer, there is no seatbelt chime in the Pathfinder. There's a whole section on it in the manual but that doesn't seem to matter. Does anyone know anything about this?
  • vchd4vchd4 Member Posts: 2
    Pathfinder SL w/towing package. After driving this for 2 weeks, here are my thoughts:

Positives:
    1) I love how it drives - it has a little growl when accelerating but is otherwise very smooth and quiet.
    2) Love the heated seats - I much prefer these to any others I've had.
    3) Reports from the backseat are that it is very comfortable.

Negatives:
    1) The placement of the USB port could not be harder to see or access.
    2) No chargers in the 2nd row.
    3) The memory seats don't light up so they're not visible at night. These are also very awkwardly placed especially for my husband whose legs are bigger than mine.
    4) Weird size and placement of controls - the Trip Reset button gets prime space and, really, how often would you use that? The brightness controls dominate the control panel screen in the middle - do we need 3 of them to control the brightness?
    5) There are two ways to set maintenance reminders - one on the dash display and one on the center control display- these don't talk to each other. Who needs two anyway? And if you have two, why not connect them?
    6) There is no way to digitally display the actual driving speed. But we can see a picture of a pathfinder as we drive? Makes no sense.
    7) There is no chime for the seatbelts which I have to think is illegal.

You can't tell from this list but I do love the car. I'd buy it again for sure! But there are definitely some weird design choices!
  • bobw1bobw1 Member Posts: 19
    Does anyone know why Nissan doesn't offer the tow package on the base model. From what I'm reading I don't want a Pathfinder without a separate transmission cooler. Thanks for any input.
  • greenhkgreenhk Member Posts: 48
    The 2013 PF I test drove & want to purchse had the "passenger air bag off" light illuminated the entire time someone (an adult) was sitting in the passenger seat. I told the dealer I wanted that car but refused to sign any paper work until they fixed the issue. Can anyone else shed some light on this? I've read on Edmunds & other sights that this might be a problem with the 2013s. Anyone else experience this? Has the issue been resolved? If so, how?

thanks!
  • harv8harv8 Member Posts: 2
    My passenger airbag light started to come on intermittantly when an adult was sitting in the seat a a few months after I purchased the car. I took it into the dealer and he said that there were no error messages, but that the sensor may not have been initially calibrated. They calibrated it (the term he used was "zeroed it out") and it has not come an since. It has been a few months now. I honestly don't know if the child airbag function still works since I have not tested it.
    I'm nervous about purchasing that car. I think I'm going to purchase with another dealer (and make sure they don't get the car from that 1st dealer!). I figure - why buy a car when you know a problem already exists with it, right?
  • gladiator99gladiator99 Member Posts: 104
    edited March 2013
    I wanted to purchase a new Platinum red pathfinder but my dealer cannot get one for 3-4 months.
    I already made an offer and with a trade and we agreed on a price, and I have a signed contract offer to purchase. Now the dealer says he wants to re-appraise my vehicle in 3 or 4 months. He will probably tell me it has depreciated somewhat more and he will want more. However if I do purchase a 2013 pathfinder in May or June, it will also be worth less as the 2014 models will be out in Aug. or Sept. I am thinking of waiting till Aug to order a 2014 as the 2013 will probably be worth 5000.00 less because of depreciation. Any idea when the 14 models will be available?
    Cheers,
    Jim :confuse: :confuse:
    Can any one tell me the maximum tongue weight using a weight distribution hitch on the tow package? The manual states dead weight is 500 lbs and makes mention of the wdh, but I do not see where it states the maximum tongue when using a wdh. I plan to two nearly 5000 lbs and would like to push the tungue weight up with the wdh.

Thanks
    Heard there is a recall on the 2103 PFs for the passenger airbag light. Does anyone know - is that light supposed to be lit when the seat is empty? Thanks!
    Two New Recall ID Campaign #'s:

Air bag on passenger side turns off when seat is occupied (light remains on). My PF does this.

Gas tank may leak when filled to the top.

I have scheduled an appointment to have these addressed by the dealer this Saturday.
    Do you know if the airbag light should be ON when the seat is empty? My light does not go On when an adult is in the seat - but it also does not go ON when the seat is empty..... wondering..... :confuse:
    When I start the car up the airbag indicator light turns on briefly and is yellow, but then goes off whether the seat is occupied or not. When the air bag turns off while someone is in it the airbag indicator remains light is on and red in color. That is my problem. My adult passenger is in the seat, the red indicator light showing airbag off remains lit. Hope the recall will fix it.