Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Giving Thanks for Great Brands

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
As Thanksgiving approaches, we at Edmunds.com are wondering what companies you are thankful for. Which brands have earned your trust, make your life easier, service your needs in a friendly way and really seem to be on your side? We strive to accomplish those goals at Edmunds.com, and in the name of continuous improvement, we want to hear about the brands that impressed you in these ways so that we can learn from them for 2014 and beyond. Thanks for weighing in. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Tagged:

Comments

• akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    This is a small company but a great experience. I bought a tennis tutor ball machine about 12 years ago. 3 years ago I needed replacement parts - new wheels, a new handle and large folding plastic pieces. When I called to inquire about replacement parts, they took my order and shipped me a complete set of replacement parts at no charge whatsoever - not even shipping and handling. This was on a 9 yr old machine that only came with a 3 yr warranty. Thanks Sports Tutor!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hunter Fan out of Memphis did something like that for me about 6 or so years ago - the switch died and they upgraded me to a remote control one for free. I was just hoping the part would be available to buy.

For those wondering, the US holiday is on the 28th of next month (fourth Thursday in November).

We're a bit late posting for our Canadian friends who celebrated their harvest on October 14th this year, but feel free to pipe in here too.
  • Liberty Mutual has partnered with Kia Finance, and was able to double my limits (50/100/50 instead of 25/50/25, and upped all of my other benefits as well, for a $700 savings per year.

I was with Progressive for 5 years, and all they could do was say good bye and thank you.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    Great service, great products- no need to spend 10 times more for "boutique" cables and interconnects from Audioquest, Monster, etc.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Amazon.com is a model for Customer Service that all businesses should look up to, and copy!

No long waits, no BS---SERVICE! Everything is "no problem, we can do that for you!" time and time again.
  • uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,056
    Although I never had to use them, I like their attitude. I switched to them after over 20 years with J.C. Taylor, with whom I had a good post-accident experience, but I got the singularly most obnoxious lady on the phone and I detested the way she attempted to answer my question. It was enough to send me to Hagerty...where the first person I spoke to was great!

I like that they have a lot of old-car nuts that work there, it seems.

I also really enjoyed their magazine.
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    not cheap, but quality stuff and they stand behind it, no questions asked, forever it seems.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    I second the vote for Amazon.com. Broad selection, quick handling of orders and returns, and when something goes wrong, a real person works with the customer to quickly make it right.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194
    A third vote for Amazon. They were the first company that popped into my mind.

I'd also say Costco as a model of reputation, good products, good value. Their only real negative is slow checkout.
    I even brought back a one year old dead TREE to Costco....no questions asked.

I did have to dig it up, though.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Costco also lets you return mail orders to a local store and gives you an extra 1 yr warranty on TVs.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    Another vote for Amazon here too! I've probably bought 300 different items from them. They are a go-to for anything from electronics to music equipment to tools.

Now if I only followed a buddys recommendation to buy their stock back in the late 90's... :(
    If I could, I'd rub the nose of the CEO of Comcast into an Amazon Customer Service web page until he screamed for mercy. :)
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    I don't blame them for the checkout - it happens when you have hoards of clueless suburbanites buying mountains of stuff. Their employees usually seem to be happy anyway - funny what not aiming for the minimum can do.

Just analyze prices, and maybe be leery of some of the better brand clothes there - I bought a pair of jeans there that I am not sure are legit.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Gotta give them a thumbs-up. Employees are always friendly and helpful, and they do their best to create an atmosphere that makes grocery shopping almost fun. Also, as of the last time I visited, they have a "Don't like it? Bring it back and we'll give you a refund" policy. It doesn't even have to be spoiled or bad. You just have to say you didn't like it.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews