Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac G6 Brake Problems

tandmcox88tandmcox88 Member Posts: 3
Hi I lease a Pontiac G6 2005 with 5200 miles on was brand new when I leased it back in Sept 05, jan 06 the ABS module got way to hot melted and caught on fire, apprently for no reason at all, I thought ABS was for saftey, thank god no one in my family was hurt and that my 16 year old wasnt the one driving. So I have been in a rental car since. The dealer ship is replaceing the parts, and they say they can get the brunt wire smell out of it, I doubt it, I am not accepting the car back until they do. Well they recieved all the parts put the car back together again, and are now telling me that one of those parts was defective from the factory, I dont buy it, Gm will not extend the warrenty even though they admit that it is a manufactures defect. HELP I dont know what else to do.
I am so angry this was my favorite car i love it do death.
:confuse:

Comments

• exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    Why would they extend your warranty? They replaced that parts no questions asked and you didn't get charged for it, right?

Meybe i don't understand you. Do you mean to say your warranty did not cover the ABS system? That seems odd to me but if thats the case then you have a point.

How could the ABS catch on fire? That technology has been around for so long...
  • tandmcox88tandmcox88 Member Posts: 3
    I want the warrenty extended, once electrical issues always issues, I dont want to have problems with the car, thats is why we buy new, less stress and hasle of repair old day in and day out. I have a brand new car with 5200 miles on it and the abs module melts and starts a fire burns up the module and half of the wireing harness for all the electical systems in the car. Tell me you woulndt want Gm to back the defect for the life of the 4 years we are leaseing it.to cover me from issues that may stem from this issue. I dont know how if caught on fire all I know is it did, and they are trying to replace the parts, and again had another issue with the abs system, I am still waiting to get my car back or a replacement thru lemon law. It has been 6 days short of a month now that the dealership has had the car. I hate the rental car. but i guess i have to try to be patient.
  • micwebmicweb Member Posts: 1,617
    Can't you still purchase an extended warranty on the car? You might get further if you use the problems you have as an excuse for a discount on the warranty.
  • romich96romich96 Member Posts: 14
    Well I leased my 2006 g6 back in Jan 06, and have been having brakes noise. It's only 10 mos why do this always happen with the pontiac cars? I I had to put new brakes on my 2004 grand am gt within the same time frame. The car is still new, and shouldn't have to change from the metal to ceramic pads, it don't make any sense.
  • richwwrichww Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2006 G6 with 34k miles. After 6k brake rotors warped, 3 time since they have warped dealer replaced rotors never replaced pads. Now they are replacing pads at a cost to me. Is this right? Seems they never cured the reason for the warping of the rotors. Has any one else had this problem?Thanks Rich
  • romich96romich96 Member Posts: 14
    Yeah it's right. I just put new ceramic brakes on last month, and every now and then I hear the squeak. Basically I think it's GMC or maybe a pontiac thing. I want to trade it in some another car so bad, that I don't want to be upside and down in another car. So I will just wait another couple months or a year, so I will not lose any money. But I don't want another GM car.
  • lharper3lharper3 Member Posts: 3
    Um yeah my car is a YEAR OLD TODAY and I have been to the dealer 6 times for the rotors which they keep resurfacing I got this car because I had the SAME problem with my 2003 Grand Am which was brand new too. Im convinced its Pontiac
  • xpslayerxpslayer Member Posts: 2
    hi i put 4 new roters on and ceramic pads. front roter r 4 months old. recent roters on bak. now front shakes a little when i aply the breakss. bak doesn't get too hot, jussthe front. roters were 59 bucks a peice + pads. would it help to put high perf roterss on front and leave the bak?? needhelp!!!
  • jfl9899jfl9899 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Pontiac G6 at 15,000 miles the front brake rotors were warped, at 30,000 miles they are warped again..and even though I'm leasing the vehicle, General motors will only pay for a one time resurfacing of the rotors, after that it is the customers responsibility. I wouldn't have a problem paying for it if I was the cause of the problem but from all the posts I've reviewed it is an obvious flaw somewhere in the brake system of the vehicle. Has anyone attempted to address this issue further with GM?..
  • lharper3lharper3 Member Posts: 3
    So........I have spoken with everyone at General Motors and gone to arbitration...(which they sponsor) and lost. Therefore it has now been 9 months and my rotors are STILL WARPED! So I have decided to tell everyone I know how much GM thinks of their customers! I have driven a Pontiac for 7 years and I am sad that it even had to come to this.....I should have followed my first mind and ran screaming from the dealer! Click below and see what I've done in response to Pontiac's lack of concern for their customers!

MY WEBSITE DEDICATED TO PONTIAC AND THE G6 ROTORS!
  • selmasmithselmasmith Member Posts: 8
    richww says, "I own a 2006 G6 with 34k miles. After 6k brake rotors warped, 3 time since they have warped dealer replaced rotors never replaced pads. Now they are replacing pads at a cost to me. Is this right? Seems they never cured the reason for the warping of the rotors. Has any one else had this problem?"
    I had to have my back rotors refinished/cut between 8,000/9,000 miles. I was stunned. After owning cars for 40 years, I know that rotors should last longer.
    Thanks for the tip!
    My dealer did not replace the pads either. I guess they are waiting until the warranty is out.
    Now, my front brakes are acting up. Back to the dealer..this time I will ask, "How can rotors be warped and not affect the pads? Should the pads be replaced along with the rotor cut?" Is that the proper procedure?

PS. my delaer told me the rotors were rusted. This I have never heard in all my 40 years of driving. I know rotors get rusted...but not so soon. Perhaps the metal quality of the rotors is poor? :sick: :confuse:
  • pdulchinospdulchinos Member Posts: 3
    I had the vibration in the rotors. Got the run around from the dealer, and will not return. Eventually had Precision Auto replace the rotors. Haven't had a problem since. I was told the Pontiac original equipment rotors were poor quality.
  • bxgirlnscbxgirlnsc Member Posts: 12
    I have been having problems from about 6mos from getting my brand new 2006 G6 GT. The dealer has done nothing but replaced the visors. I ket telling my dealer that there was a vibration in the front when I press on brakes and he said he did not hear it. Now the vibration has stopped but I get this noise as I drive like a roar. is that my rotars warped? I also hear a slight metal on metal sound at times when I make turns. Is that my rack and pinnon? This is ridiculous in a new car with less that 50k miles. I would not reccomend this car to anyone unless you have money to dish out on repairs while making payments. :sick:
  • jfl9899jfl9899 Member Posts: 2
    Odds are, if it's a typical G6..your rotors are warped..mine have warped every 7,000 miles..and if you do the research, you'll find it's a very common problem that GM refuses to provide restitution for hence my last $400 brake job on a car with only 30,000 miles. My passenger visor broke two weeks after I got the car..but I don't think they'll cover that under the warranty.."lemon"?..I don't know..but you can look forward to some brake problems if you continue using the stock pads..
  • bxgirlnscbxgirlnsc Member Posts: 12
    There was a recall on the visors of the 2006 model and they replaced both at not charge. It was something with the mirror and the lights not working on the visor but I got a recall notice from Pontiac on that. :surprise:
    This is a characteristic of a G6 if not GM. I recommend you live with the vibration until you need a brake job. Then replace the pads and rotors with your local mechanic with good rotors. I used Precision Tune Auto Care and haven't had a vibration since. It is too bad Pontiac is ignoring us. My last two cars were Toyotas and I decided to give Pontiac a chance. Most likely I will return to a foreign maker on my next car. The only other problem I have with the car is visibility in backing up. I don't have a clue where the back bumper is, and don't have a good view of who is behind me.
  • mdnikkimdnikki Member Posts: 3
    Trying to decide if I should take to the dealer if it could be under warranty or if I should shop around.

I have 19K miles on the car. This is the first brake issue I have had. Is this common? Reading these posts has me concerned.

Any advice?
  • tony77339tony77339 Member Posts: 1
    Advice- yes. Trade in asap. I fought with Pontiac regarding my issue with my rotors. they finally paid for the local dealer to have them turned. I started out with a G6 with 9 miles on it and had problems with it up until I traded in. the worst part of it all is the dam car's re-sale value. I have nothing but bad news about this vehicle and pontiace and glad to be back in a honda. yes proud owner of a nice brand new honda with a honda rep that checks in with me every so often and invites me to dealer functions. Stand your ground and they will fix the problem. there's no car in the world thats new these days that should ever have brake problems when its still under warranty unless you intentionally ride down the road for 10k miles with your foot on the brake.
    When I called the dealer and told them my mileage they stated that most brake issues are only covered up to 12K miles ( I have 19K), they would need to take a look to see what the problem was before they could tell me if it was covered under warranty. Just worried I will get there, they will say its not covered and the dealer repair bill will be twice what a another car shop would be.

Do you have any idea what is covered, rotors, pads, etc and what isn't?

I have a smart buy and I don't think it is up until next year so I am stuck I suppose. Previously I had a grand am and had no issues with it at all.
  • cberger31cberger31 Member Posts: 1
    I am considering buying a used G6, either an '05 or '06, and these brake problems are pretty alarming. Overall, I like the G6. I have driven one as a rental car - enjoyed the comfort and power, I like the styling of it, gas mileage is good for a V6, and the price is right. Is there anything one can do about these apparently horrible brake problems?

Chances are, if someone has already traded in their 2006 G6, it's probably *because* it has rotor problems, so not much chance of me buying one and randomly getting off the hook. Does replacing the stock pads with ceramic help? And how much does that cost? Maybe I can talk the dealer into doing that before I buy (or at least giving a discount on it), or else just walk out. If the problem is really as bad and unfixable as it sounds from this thread, then I'll probably have to stick with a 4cyl, since the G6 seems to be about the only V6 available about 2-4 yrs. old that's in my price range. Everything else about this car is pretty much just what I want...
    Well of course two days before the appt with the dealer the noise stopped. Brought it in anyway and they are fine. NO CHARGE YEAH! I am not technical here but will try to remember what they said,

Front brakes are great, back at 70%. With these types of brakes compound forms and you will hear that noise until it wears off.

Sorry I know there is a better technical description but I have no more brake noise, perhaps it could be grime that built up.

I do recommend the car actually, I love mine..its roomy, good pep and decent gas mileage. I am sure as with any car the wear and tear affects the performance.

Good luck.
  • chassity311chassity311 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had a problem with their brake switch? When I break my break lights turn off and when I accelerate the break lights come on. I've been to the dealer twice. They said it was the brake switch and replaced it. I thought I was all fixed but then I noticed it again driving late one night I could see the brake lights reflection off of some signs and I was accelerating. I went back again and they "recalibrated" the brake switch. The brake switch also affects the cruise control (meaning it doesn't work at all), the brakes don't seem to be ABS. They're not sensitive like some other cars that I've driven with ABS. Has anyone had this problem? It's very dangerous for me to drive my car like this but I don't know what to do.
  • delanadelana Member Posts: 1
    I have been having the same problem. I own a 2007 Pontiac G6. In the past week and a half I have had my car into the dealership TWICE. The first time they said they could not find a problem. The second time they said it was the brake switch and "said" they replaced it. I was told over the weekend by some friends that were aware of my problem and was following me to see if the problem was fixed that the car was still having the brake light issue intermittently. This morning I was pulled over by the local police and was told my brakes were not working properly (luckily when I explained my situation I was not ticketed for the problem). I have called and made an appointment with the dealership AGAIN to have the issue checked into. I feel your frustration. I have to have a car for my job and do not feel I have a reliable car.
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    I have owned GM products (Buick, Pontiac and Chevrolet) off and on since 1969, and the one thing they all had in common was brake "surge" due to warped rotors.

After being told that it was due to improper wheel lug-nut torque, I purchased a quality Torque Wrench. To this day,immediately after getting a new car home, I loosen the lug-nuts and then re-torque them to specifications in the owner's manual.

I have owned Chrysler, BMW, Toyota, Nissan, VW and Mini Cooper vehicles as well, and NEVER, EVER had rotor warpage on anthing other than GM vehicles, so I would hazard a guess that it isn't my driving style or environment causing problems.

So, I shared your pain on this issue. However, it could be much worse...Check out the 08 Saturn Sky Red Line model's brake problems, here on the Edmunds forums...you might be glad that rotor warpage is the only problem you are having!
  • daydrmg6daydrmg6 Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like my story has been covered here. I have an 2005 G6 which I totally love!! EXCEPT my roters keep warping...... After the 5th trip to the dealer I finally find a service manager who has the balls to tell me of the G6 issues with roters. I dont want to throw more money at this unless I know it will fix the issues. He suggests I go with a after market roter that is a slotted/drilled style. Looking at about $500 for front roters, brake pads and labor. If this works I think its worth it but I am so unsure after reading of all the problems. Does anyone know if this has been a good fix...I am not looking for a bandaid that will end up costing more down the road.
    I can only speak from my experience...any standard GM replacement rotor is going to warp. Warpage is not isolated to the G6...

While I never invested in aftermarket rotors on any of my GM products, the simple fact is that I never had these issues on any non-GM automobiles, so I know that rotors can be made that will not warp under normal circumstances.

I am sure that you can find suitable aftermarket rotors at a reasonable price, but I would double-check the warranty covering warpage. Also, seeing as how you have been abandoned by GM, I think I would let a different service provider do the work.

Try www.brakeplanet.com for a start. There are many others you can find on Google, not to mention local brake/mufflerrepair shops in your area..

Good Luck!
  • rmancosrmancos Member Posts: 1
    I just started experiencing this problem. Did you ever get this resolved? Was it the break switch? How many G6's does this have to happen to before it's a recall issue? I will never get another G6, have had a lot little things go wrong. Got mine in 2005 thier first year.....no store sells the wiper refills anywhere....NOBODY!! had to have the dealer order them for me.....$62.00...unreal.
  • pulley468pulley468 Member Posts: 3
    I've been having same brake light issues and cruise control interruption. I've taken it to two places and each time they say they don't find a problem and it will work fine for maybe a week. I have it scheduled to take to take to a third place. I've filed a complaint with NHTSA. It's obviously not an isolated fluke problem and a recall needs to happen. The complaint process is fairly easy and if enough people complain maybe they will force the issue.

As far as the ABS, I do not believe it was a standard option at least on my 2006. Mine does not have it, and I can't say I miss it.
    I get repeated check gas cap messages. Originally, I had the gas cap replaced and the check engine light that resulted reset. Now I periodically and inconsistently get the message. It doesn't always happen, but appears temperature related (40-50 degrees). After about 3 or 4 check gas cap messages, the check engine light comes on. I reset and the process repeats. Anyone get a similar problem.
  • dustinrdustinr Member Posts: 5
    I just started having this same issue. Brake lights reversed on the 2005 model g6. I am going to take it to the dealership on monday. This is very dangerous and should not be happening on a 3 year old car. Has anyone gotten this issue resolved?
  • tamjamtamjam Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a new 07 G6 just over one year ago, had it in the shop numerous times within the first 3-8 months concerning the brakes - noise, stopping issues, feeling like the brake was competing with the accelerator when coming to a somewhat sudden stop. They replaced rotors and/or pads, kept saying it was an issue that GM might deal with IF we continued to have problems and brought it in several more times. Recently, the "traction control" light came on the stereo display and the brakes immediately failed - even the emergency brake wouldn't stop the car going less than 10 mph. It hit the car in front causing only a minor 1/2 inch scratch on their bumper - but, must have hit the "crumple" zone on my car as the hood crunched like aluminum foil and the radiator crunched enough to drain all fluids. Thank Goodness no one was hurt! I am seeing a lot of brake-related issues with the G6 - so, I'm curious to see if anyone else has had actual failure or that stop-go-stop-go-stop-go action with braking (like it is turning on and off or - as noted above - fighting with the accelerator). GM is sending a professional engineer to determine what happened - so, I am hopeful that they intend to correct the problems. If not, I feel I will be forced to sell the car to ensure my family's safety.
  • daydrmg6daydrmg6 Member Posts: 4
    I ended up going to Brake Team and having them install non GM Roters - Slotted and drilled high performance roters and new pads on the front only. $800.00!!!!

I love my G6!!! I hope I am done with brake problems. Brake Team gave me a 3 yr 36000 warranty. Re-checks every 12000 miles, free replacement if any issues (NO TURNING)
    Recently, the "traction control" light came on the stereo display and the brakes immediately failed - even the emergency brake wouldn't stop the car going less than 10 mph. It hit the car in front causing only a minor 1/2 inch scratch on their bumper - but, must have hit the "crumple" zone on my car as the hood crunched like aluminum foil and the radiator crunched enough to drain all fluids.

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest you make a report of this incident using the NHTSA web-site.
  • 07g6driver07g6driver Member Posts: 1
    I'am new to the forum I have 2007 G6 GTP I was originally looking to find out if any one was having problems with the transmission fluid leaking.I run across this post and I see I'am not alone on the front discs being warped called dealer friday about tranny and I asked about the discs he played it off like it was just time for new ones at 23,000 miles I know better but I am taking it in for the tranny on mon. I will drill him hard about these discs as well as the clear coat starting to peal as well. I will report any findings when I get the car back.
  • ronig6ronig6 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2006 G6 and I do love it, when I can drive it. I have had it in various shops and the dealership several times, in fact, it is in the shop now! My problem, so the mechanics think but can't prove, iscar the ABS. I could do 75 down the highway and one of the tires will shake, lock and then cause all 3 other brakes to lock completely. The only way to disengage is to turn the car off, disconnect the battery to reset the ABS! The master cylinder has been replaced, pads replaced (to ceramic to reduce noise), lines, sensors, rotors recut and it was on an electrical diagnosis.....they found nothing! I drive it 3 miles and the car just stops completely on its own, no matter what speed I go. I bought an extended warranty but they won't acknowledge it because they won't recognize the original miles and then add the warranty mileage.
    Who can I hire to blow the car up? (kidding) I love my G6 but investing more $ into something that can't seem to be fixed is a waste. I will never buy a Pontiac again and can't wait to find a way to trade it in, no matter how in debt I wind up being.
    Would love any advice if you folks have any! Please!
  • rocketsciencrocketscienc Member Posts: 2
    With 33,000 miles, I need my third set of rotors....dealer wants $460...I ordered Power Slot Cyro-treated (part# 8278CT) for the front for $230 (set). Let you how they work.
  • sasqueensasqueen Member Posts: 1
    I too keep getting the "Check Gas Cap" messages....Now the engine light won't go off - I brought it to a mechanic - apparently the engine checks itself automatically - there is a problem with the pressure in the tank when it does the check so on comes the light!

I was also told to only purchase a dealer gas cap - not from an auto store. They reset the engine light and I went on my way. I know this isn't the end of it.....
    Have you talked with Pontiac Headquarters about the rotors?

My G6 has 12,000 miles and will replace a set of rotors soon.

You say, "THREE SETS OF ROTORS IN 33,000 MILES!" Wow.

I guess that means GM ROTORS for the G6 are only meant to last for about 11,000 - 12,000 miles!

My G6 Rotors are always in a state of "rust." Always cutting them.

Rotors should last for 50,000-70,000 miles so I am told!

If Your Dealer reports to Pontiac Headquarters that the rotors were defective - then the perhaps the rotors can be replaced at Pontiac's cost.

However,, the new rotors will also only last about 12,000 miles.

This is outrageous! Whatever can the consumer do?
    With GM cutting back on production and jobs this past month - I don't expect them to admit that there is a problem and will not recall the rotors.
    It is up to each individual to fight.

I already talked to Pontiac Headquarters.
    Now, I am going to find my State Consumer Protection Agency and see about a LEMON law thing. Then an Attorney for the aggravation and dollars lost on a brand new car. Let GM pay the attorney.

I wonder how many people are out there who have been buffaloed by the dealerships into thinking replacing the rotors at 12,000 miles is a "normal" part of maintaining a car? :mad:

Anyway, would be interested in knowing how the Power Slot Cyro-treated(part#8278ct) for the front rotors at $230 set work?

Please update. :lemon:
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    First off, I lease my 08, and if they ever feel that I need to pay for new rotors after only 12k miles, Heck no! I am with you, there is no way! The whole point for me to lease is to get a new car and not have to worry about problems like that. 12k miles is nothing, and I on a lease should not have to worry about anything remotely extravagant within my lease. So they would be here from me, if the dealer tried to pull anything I would simply go off on them. Essentially that would be GM revoking on their end of the lease agreement, because as a consumer, if I am up on my upkeep of the car, I am holding my end up, and replacing the rotors is not on that list. That would be like them saying you need a new timing belt or new exhaust at 12k miles, but if its defective, then its not because of me. See, I am on my high horse..lol. There is no way I would be covering that, especially since what I gave up to get in this car, it wasn't a car I even wanted to begin with, I like it, but I would be back in an Accord, in a heart beat! Long story.
  • monik1101monik1101 Member Posts: 4
    :mad: I have an 06 G6 and I have been dealing with this brake light reversal since February 08. The first time they couldn't get it to do it while it was there. So I took it back in May, claimed to have fixed it. It happened again in July, so I took it on the 3rd, claimed to have fixed it and I just took it again today July 31st, claimed to have fixed it. They don't know what the hell they are doing. Instead of calling a GM engineer, they want to experiment with fixes. I'm done working with them and I have called a lawyer. I already contact NHTSA and the Pontiac cust svc line. Make sure you keep your records of fixes and call NHTSA. Enough calls will force GM to find a fix because it's a safety issue. :mad: :lemon: :lemon:
    I have dealt with the same problem. I just took mine back to the dealer for the 4th time this year. They keep trying fixes and nothing works. Make sure you call NHTSA so they can track the complaints. They can force GM to recall the vehicle which will force their engineers to find an actual fix that works.
  • rocketsciencrocketscienc Member Posts: 2
    So far I drove 1,000 miles....tight even better than new. Very slight vibration at slow braking speed...but unbelievable at hightway speed. (I used the existing pads.) I drive mostly city (NY) and average speed between 11-17 mph.
    I[07g6driver] said, "I am new to the forum I have 2007 G6 GTP I was originally looking to find out if any one was having problems with the transmission fluid leaking..?"

Yes. I had my car towed for a non-start. When the car arrived the Delearship called me and said I needed a whole new transmission line because the fluid leaked out all over the garage floor at the dealership.

I did not notice any leaking. I suspect that because the car is built so very close to the ground that the transmission line is suspectible to damage. (I don't know, just guessing.)
    I replaced the rotors and pads (at 70000k and after 5k I'm already experiencing vibrations again when braking. Also, the $100 and change I paid to get my brake switch replaced didn't resolve the issue. I'll never buy another GM vehicle, how can you mess up brakes? If anyone has had the reversed brake light issue resolved please let me know!
  • autog605autog605 Member Posts: 1
    How is your car now? Did the dealer find out what is the problem and fix it?
    I have the same problem last week Aug 16. Dealer claimed the same thing to have fixed it. I just left the dealer about 3 blocks, the brake light was on again all the times. I had to bring the car back for them to fix. After the 2nd time , it still happened even they claimed they changed the brake light switch and reprogrammed it. Now my car is still being at the dealer. Does anyone have that same problem and dealer successfully fix it? I will follow your advice to keep all records of fixes and call NHTSA and GM too.
  • kayla2kayla2 Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem with my '06 G6. I have ordered a new brake light switch and am going to have it put on. I spoke with the the people from Pontiac and they have not issued a recall. This needs to be done. If anyone is having this problem they need to contact someone from Pontiac so that we can all get our cars fixed
    On my 5th visit it was actually duplicating the problem. They called their GM engineer and was told to install a new BCM (body control module). I don't know if it worked but I can say that no one has stopped me since it was installed earlier this month. Demand that your dealer contact their GM service engineer. I'm still going through with my BBB claim because I took it to them times.
    Ya thats what I figured was the problem.. When I step off the brake the light doesn't come back on for a 3-4 second delay, which I figured was the computer. If you want to see if you're lights are still messed just try the cruise, if it won't engage then your brake lights are still on.
    Can anyone else confirm this to be the solution?
  • rbrandellrbrandell Member Posts: 5
    I have 46,000 mile s on my car. I've felt as if I was driving with the brakes on since shortly after I got the car. Nobody could find a problem. I've had brake pads and rotors. Then my brakes absolutely locked. They changed the tubes(?), then I had it towed to a dealer and they changed my right fromt rotor. They never looked deeper as to find out what was causing these problems. 3 weeks later, as I was driving, the car started to shake so intensely that I thought for sure I was going to crash. When I got out of the car, my right front rotor was glowing red. Again, I was towed 60 miles to my shop. After changing my rotor and pads (which were totally melted) my shop wasn't satisfied. They found that thje ABS unit was bas and have ordered that from the dealer. I am TOTALLY disgusted. I have never had an American car before and WILL NEVER HAVE ONE AGAIN. GM is not taking care of it's customers. When you read this blog, you see how many people's lives have been comprimised by GM's complacency. :mad: