Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Grand Prix Traction Control/STS/ABS

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    pjgolfalot,

Could you please send me your case number in an email? I would like to look further into the case.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • mishken84mishken84 Member Posts: 2
    I decided to go to my mechanic and see if he can find the problem thats causing my ABS to pulsate and shutter at slow speeds and slow turns. (also the ABS and Traction Control Service Lights go on, just like with everyone else) well he found a code C0040 RF Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction. So he changed the Right Front Wheel Hub. (it was all rusty inside) (i got the Timkin Hub) The problem is still there even worst now the ABS shutters on the first turn i make and the light go on instantly and my abs turns off and i have no abs during braking, so in the rain my wheels lockup and the car skids. I really do not feel like changing all the wheel hubs since its so expensive. So i hope some one can help me. I have a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 130k
    Im glad i was able to help some people here with the Stalling situation.
  • ecugirl81ecugirl81 Member Posts: 9
    Have the dealier check the ABS control (computer) module (in engine compartment). that is what is is wrong with mine (2004 Grand Prix GT - 115K miles). I unplugged it as it costs over $1000 to replace and I'm not spening that much on this car. the lights stay on in car dashboard (including brake light) but ABS has quit coming on and off when it shouldn't.
  • mike5858mike5858 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    GM mechanic since 1983. 99% sure it is a wheel speed sensor harness at the front hub-sensor assembly. Can get harness online or at advance auto parts. Dooman part #970-042. This is for 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix
    I'm sure you good mechanic, but I had my wheel speed sensor harnes at front hub sensor assembly changed - it didn't help.
    ecugirl81,
    I apologize you are having concerns. Have you tried speaking with a dealer?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    mike5858,
    Thank you for your assistance. Vehicles can be hard to diagnosis over the internet. It is recommended to visit a local dealer.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • jml755jml755 Member Posts: 2
    "Vehicles can be hard to diagnosis over the internet. "

Uh, excuse me, but I disagree. The reason I am on here tonite is that my daughters came home for the holiday weekend with my '01 Grand Prix GTP (131k) that they are using at college. They complained that the car was "shaking". I had previously replaced p/s pumps (twice) as well as injectors, coils, etc. that caused poor performance, misfiring and rough acceleration. I thought that was what they were describing. I test drove it a couple of hours ago and found the ABS and Trac lite came on with rough "shaking, especially at low speeds. Puzzled by what it could be, I got on the internet and in 15 minutes I find the likely cause of the problem and lo and behold it is a common problem.

Now, it is fair to say that I cannot say for sure EXACTLY which of the components discussed online are the problem on my car, but I do know where to start and will start diagnostics in the morning. I have already replaced the LF wheel bearing (including sensor) over a year ago, so I know the symptoms when a bearing goes bad. I don't think it's my bearings and will start with looking at the the speed sensors and harnesses. Last thing to replace will be the ABS computer and I may just leave it off, as others have suggested.

And the original comment: "Vehicles can be hard to diagnosis over the internet." makes me laugh. It can't be any worse than paying a GM dealer who has the benefit of training, diagnostic aids and service information from the manufacturer big $$$ only to find out the problem is NOT diagnosed correctly and fixed. Plus a dealer will consistently deny that it is a common problem (BTDT with LIM on Grand Prixes). GM (and their dealers) could get away with this years ago when there was no way for owners spread across the country to communicate. But the Internet and these forums are a huge benefit to those who can't afford to just take the car to a dealer and write check that sometimes is larger than their mortgage payment for REPAIRS to a car.

And every time I hear about some new "feature" on a car (cameras, memory seats, motorized doors, etc) all I think is "how much will it cost when THAT breaks?"

So, yes, Virginia , there IS a Santa Claus, but it's not GM, it's the Internet.
  • jml755jml755 Member Posts: 2
    update:
    I got a Timken hub locally today ($117). Was going to replace both fronts but they only had one. I had replaced left front last year (but not a Timken) and left turns seemed to be worse than right turns, so I took a chance and took off the right hub. Found the x-mas tree clip that holds the sensor connectors out of the way of the half-shaft had broken and the sensor wire plastic sheath had been rubbing on the spinning shaft and worn away, exposing the 2 wires inside. The insulation on the 2 wires was still ok, but when I removed the hub I found that one of the wires had broken right where it enters the hub. No way to solder that back on. Suspect that the loose assembly had caused the wire to constantly vibrate/flex and finally break.

Had to heat up one of the 3 bolts that holds the hub on with my oxy/acet torch and accidentally melted the HARNESS connector. Darn (not exactly what I said). Got the new hub on and scraped enough melted plastic away from the connector to plug the new hub in. (Will get a new harness monday, $38). Took it for a test drive and NO ABS or TRAC lite! Yippee. But...... power steering fluid all over the floor. The drivers side boot on the steering rack was leaking fluid. Looks like a new rack & pinion steering gear is next weekend's job.

But thanks to this forum, I got pointed in the right direction very quickly and for $117 solved the problem (oops, forgot to add the new harness cost, ok under $160).
  • kburriskburris Member Posts: 1
    The guys not trying to jip you from what i can tell.if you have any other problems then the wheel bearing/hub the diagnostic test most likely won't read the issue causing the abs/traction lights from staying on.the wheel bearings on the back tires don't have traction control.so replacing it with an aftermarket hub doesn't make a diffrence.paying 500 dollars to get a new hub assembly installed seems really steep to me,but keep in mind your gonna pay top dollar the the namebrand,just like anything else.find a mechanically inclined friend to do it for a case of beer.i've replaced a few hub assemblies myself and it's not technical or very time consuming,usually takes about 45 minutes tops.another easy quick way to see if an after market hub assembly will work for your front end is to go to auto zone and purchase on for 130 to 150$ and disconnect your plug to your hub assembly,(located on the bottom/inside of your fornt tires,very acessable)and plug the store bought one in and check your abs/traction lights.make sure to check both sides lol,if it doesn't resolve the problem return the hub.or it might be a problem in your wiring,can'[t help you there lol good luck
  • lclay23lclay23 Member Posts: 1
    I too am having the same issue with the "service traction control/ABS" lights coming on with the pulsing and shuddering, feeling like the ABS is kicking in when it shouldn't. I understand under some constraints that it should be looked at by a GM tech, but when the issue has no explanation to solve the problem except throwing money at it, well that just seems wrong. Especially having to pay for the diagnosis that there's no explanation. For the stalling issues, I will be cleaning the throttle body, as that seems to have worked for several people on this forum. With the braking issues, it seems to me that GM should take note of forums like this and address the problem and help it's customer. Negative publicity is not good for business. Christina, what is your email so I can get more information. Thanks
    lclay23,
    My email address is in my user profile. Please include your Edmunds username as well as your VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, as well as your concerns. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • courtniscourtnis Member Posts: 1
    I'm wondering if you might be able to help me. I just had front and back brakes as well as the rotors replaced on my 2004 GTP. Unfortunately, we were in a hurry due to time retraints and I am wondering if the bf forgot something. After replacing them, now everytime I get in the car my ABS, Service Traction Control soon, Stability, and effortless steering (or something like that) lights all come on. After reading around I am thinking maybe there is a wheel sensor unplugged or knocked loose maybe that we didn't notice. The bf said he didn't unplug anything like that though. Oh and we also replaced all spark plugs and wires that day too (just in case that could mean something as well, something up front that could have got loose). My brakes work but the ABS don't seem to be or Traction Control. My steering seems fine though. I'd like to get some ideas to start with/look for and maybe any assistance in finding proper diagrams etc. I'm a girl LOL but am intersted in figuring this one out. I am guessing it has to be something not done right during the brake job because all of those lights weren't on before. Thanks for your assitance in advance!
  • mstanley1mstanley1 Member Posts: 1
    I have been having the same issues! This is my 5th pontiac and never have i had this problem... My ABS ,Traction, Steering and brake lights have been coming on as soon as i start my car.. It started by when id first start it and start moving it sounds like a growling for a quick second then stops.. then began to start that noise when id be pulling in to park.. ive had it hooked to a diagnostic machine and at first it threw a few codes.. one being the main abs computer and sensors in the wheel hubs.. so the hubs was replaced.. started it and it threw an new code for my steering sensor..when i took it back the next day it wouldnt throw that code so we didnt replace that.. i then drove it directly to the GM dealer and they said that it was pointing to the abs module system which is i guess the heart of all this .. Guess its tied in together.. but then was told that they was only about 90% sure that this was the problem.. after being told i was gonna be paying .. could there be something that is being overlooked that would be the problem.. i hate to sink this into it and not be the problem..
    I've made several posts here about this issue (for my 2004 Grand Prix). After having EVERYTHING replaced except the ABS computer control module it has become obvious that this is the problem. I have a friend who had same issue and that is what cured his, but the part is between $1000-1200 so I'm not investing in it. Just unplug the ABS control module and the growling and ABS kicking in when it shouldn't will stop. You won't have ABS but of course brakes work. The ABS/Traction Control & Brake warning on the digital display will ding and flash everytime you start it, but for me that was the only thing else I'm willing to do. I'm just waiting until January to ditch the car, which I love other than this issue which is frustrating. Don't look for GM to help you out. Many, many others have tried and they won't do a recall although it obviously needs to be. :( :mad:
  • avila5433avila5433 Member Posts: 2
    After gaining speed from 60 to 80 and BF jerking the car to the left real hard these three lights came on. One is service brake system, the other service abs system, and lastly service traction system. I don't know where to look. I had it hooked up to a computer to check and it gave me no code or anything. Could someone help besides GM ppl? Thank you!
  • hesermonhesermon Member Posts: 3
    Mike, hope you can help me with your experience. Just bought an 02 Gran Prix GT, the ABS and Traction Off light are constant on. Using a Genesis I've determined that both rear sensors are reading correctly but both front sensors read "2MPH" constantly rather I'm moving or not. Checked the front sensors at the wheel with a volt meter and both showed to be working when spinning the front wheels by hand. The right front has a history code and the left front has a history and current code. Tried to clear codes and the lights never go off, as soon as I turn the key back to the on position both lights come back on. I'm thinking short in the harness as you've described. I see that Dorman offers one for the right side but not for the left and that is where there is a current code. Will a damaged harness on the right cause codes on both sides? Do you know of a replacement for the left side or can I just cut and splice in new wire? Thanks in advance for your advice and help!
    mstanley1,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us directly.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    I found that both harnesses to the ABS sensors had deteriorated and broken about 4-6 inches from where they plug into the sensors. Fixed both sides and now the ABS and "TRAC OFF" lights don't stay on but instead they both blink together for the first several minutes while driving. There are several history codes stored but no current codes. History codes will not erase using a Genesis scanner????? So far I've noticed no shuddering or other unusual braking issues, just the #@$% lights! Can anyone offer up some advice on what is causing them to flash? Should I try a used ABS module or ECM? Will I likely just get another module or ECM with the same issues? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
  • avila5433avila5433 Member Posts: 2
    Update to my post. I posted about my BF taking off and jerking my car to the left then all these lights came on. ABS, brake, and traction control. I forgot to mention the steering wheel hardened. Well today we found out that the wiring harness was stripped and getting hit by the belt. We just retaped it and moved it away from the belt. All three lights came right off and my steering wheel loosened right up. Everything is back to normal....I guess if anyone is havong trouble with lights only should really check the wiring harness, make sure they're in good condition.
  • vlaphorvlaphor Member Posts: 1
    Last year, my 2003 Pontiac GTP started to have this problem where the TCS and ABS lights would come on, but the car still operated fine. No changes to the way it drove. Took it in to a local shop and they said it was something wrong with a sensor by the wheel and that the actual ABS and TCS were fine. Got it fixed and everything worked fine until recently. Now, more often than not, the TCS light will come on while I'm driving, but the car will still work the same. However, the ABS light can also turn on, and this causes the steering to get noticeably more difficult. I took it to the same shop and they said that their computer couldn't find a problem, so I took it to a pontiac dealer and he said that the EBCM was bad and it would $1200 to fix. This seems excessive, and I was wondering if anyone here has heard anything about how to fix this or what it might be. Thanks.
  • pontiaclivespontiaclives Member Posts: 19
    I have a 99 Grand Prix GT with 126K miles. When I press the traction control button, the traction control off light does not come on. I checked the bulb and tried a different bulb, it is not the bulb. What could be causing the problem? Does that mean the traction control is on and working all the time (which is not a problem, I leave it on all the time). There are no codes indicating a problem with the system.
    Recently found and repaired broken wires to both front sensors, this was the cause for both the abs and tc lights to stay on constant. After repairing them I checked for brake codes which had history codes but none current. I am unable to clear the history codes. Now upon driving the car for the first time of the day, they come on and go off with all the other indicators for light check but on each subsequent start up for the day both lights flash until 25mph then go off then come back on each time the vehicle drops below 25mph. Does anyone have any idea what causes the lights to flash after the car is driven once and only below 25mph? Light on or off have no effect on steering or braking.
    Thanks,
    Hug
  • shadondelanyshadondelany Member Posts: 2
    I have 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix, abs and traction control started shuting off while driving and steering got tight, usually the first thing to check with electrical type problems is fuse box, i had the bottom right 3 fuses loose when i checked box under hood, i notice one was cocked slightly to side and sure enough was loose, just pushed them all back down (NO NEED TO FORCE AND PUSH HARD OR WIGGLE AND PLAY WITH THEM YOU'LL KNOW IF LOOSE JUST LIGHT PUSH)
    and so far so good, no more messages and can turn traction control off and on with no issue. Hope this helps.
  • shadondelanyshadondelany Member Posts: 2
    I have 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix, abs and traction control started shuting off while driving and steering got tight, usually the first thing to check with electrical type problems is fuse box, i had the bottom right 3 fuses loose when i checked box under hood, i notice one was cocked slightly to side and sure enough was loose, just pushed them all back down (NO NEED TO FORCE AND PUSH HARD OR WIGGLE AND PLAY WITH THEM YOU'LL KNOW IF LOOSE JUST LIGHT PUSH)
    and so far so good, no more messages and can turn traction control off and on with no issue. Hope this helps.
  • gearheaded1gearheaded1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Christina,
    My name is Ed Tregenza and I have a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP vin# 2G2WR524141133734 and I have the brake light, abs light, service traction control and service variable assist steering messages on for about 2 weeks now. Is there anything you can help me with or guide me on?
    Thank you, Ed Tregenza
  • bmorgan0508bmorgan0508 Member Posts: 1
    okay so i had a motor and a transmitting swap done and a tie rod end done and the car seem to be fine when i was driving around town but when i jumped on the highway at speed of 55-65 my asb light would flash on and off and it would kinda jerk like it wanted to down shift or something NOT side to side motion kinda felt like when you first would run out of gas can someone help me.
    Ed,
    I would recommend speaking with your local GM dealer. They will at least be able to diagnosis your vehicle for you. Please feel free to email me with any other questions comments or concerns.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • ccbi975ccbi975 Member Posts: 1
    Hello..new to site..I have had the same problem on my 02 gtp, abs an tcs..I put brake fluid an it took care of the abs, I still have no clue on tcs..if I find the problem, ill post it...
  • towertower Member Posts: 5
    Same problem here... will check suggested remedies posted here and post again when resolved.

2007 GP with only 41,000 miles. Unbelievable.
    tower,

If we can be of any assistance, either by looking into warranty or recall information on your vehicle or by helping you work with a dealer towards a resolution for this concern, please email us more information, including your name and the last 8 digits of your VIN.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • land2002gpland2002gp Member Posts: 3
    I also have a 2002 GP (just turned 100,000 miles)with the same thing. Brakes grinding ABS and the TRAC light coming on. I have spend over 1800.00 on this car trying to get it fixed. Still doing the same thing. This started about a year ago and the people that have tried to fix it have had no luck and I am out alot of money. If anyone can help me Please let me know.

Kay
  • marlokmarlok Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 GP that has the Service Anti brake-Trac control error displayed when a
    right turn low speed braking has been done. There is a relay chatter felt on the brake
    pedal when this error displays.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Marlok,
    Are you planning on bring your Grand Prix to a dealership to be serviced? If so, we can assist in the process.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mrd1290mrd1290 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Bud, I know this will be a delayed answer, But I had the same problem with my 01 GP GT, I had GM run a diagnostic, Came up as a failed EGR valve and Transmision software reboot, The diagnostic cost me $90, Since I chose to fix the problems on the same day, They allowed me to Use the $90 diagnostic fee toward my repairs, so out of pocket It cost me around $200. And the problem went away. Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • mrd1290mrd1290 Member Posts: 2
    My 01 GP GT several times a week, shifts and shudders hard from 1-2 and 2-3 gears. Usually happens mainly when the A/C is on....?? The A/C Im aware draws LOTS of power from the motor, maybe it is inhibiting the transmission somehow? I am looking into Doing a full transmission flush and re-fill. And perhaps Installing a higher output altenator and new OPTIMA battery. Any insight before making these repairs. I have already had a transmission software re-boot 3 months ago. My local GM dealership has been so far, very kind, and willing to work with me. Pleased with the service Ive recieved so far, Though Im weary of the dealerships for their insanely overpriced repairs.
    I'm pleased to hear that you have had a good experience with your dealership. If you would like to work with Customer Assistance, please don't hesitate to send us an email with your name and username, contact information, the last 8 of your VIN, and your involved dealership.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • gmgrandprix04gmgrandprix04 Member Posts: 1
    So I have been having this problem for MONTHS. I have taken the car to 3 different garages, and taken it 5 times. I get a grinding and sometimes locking up of the brakes. I've had both the front bearings replaced since that is what each garage (who could find the problem) has told me to do. Now GM is telling me that its not working because I used after marked bearings. I've never heard of a car just rejecting after market parts. Anyone else heard of this or is GM just guessing and trying to ring me of money?
    If we can follow up with your dealership for you on this diagnosis, we're available to do so. Please send us an email with your name/username, contact information (phone and address), your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership, as well as any other details you'd like to include.

Look forward to hearing from you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ramduallyramdually Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2005 GP GT and these issue started as well in the past few weeks, TC and ABS light come on,... also ABS will start working for no reason,...
    I am not trying to ad a solution for I do not have one,... but wanted to make a comment,....
    No offense GM customer service,... i have read through all this thread,.. and apart from saying to go down to my dealer so they can diagnose the problem and pay for their service for them to do that,... what other help can you possibly give us all Grand Prix owners stuck with the same issue,...????
    Everyone knows they should go to the dealer,.. but not everyone has or are willing to pay for that,.... and spend more than what the car is worth,....
    So GM customer service,.... tell me, apart from you telling me to go to the dealer and spend big bucks,... is there anything that GM has come up with to remedy this problem on the most part of GM cars,.. I had a 97 Riviera with the same issues.....
    Thanks for your help.....
    I understand that a dealership visit may not be a viable option in addressing a vehicle concern. I see that the service lights have come on for your Traction Control and Antilock Brake Systems. We do depend on our technicians at our dealership service departments to diagnose the cause of any concern, and as such the diagnosis visit is the first step for our processes here.

Apart from this, we can do some investigation. For example, with the last 8 digits of your vehicle's VIN, we could look to see if there are any open safety recalls on your Pontiac. You can send us this information in an email, if you like, and we'd be happy to do so.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jeffbrinkjeffbrink Member Posts: 2
    I have a small shop. I opened up the business so I can be one of the few mechanics that people can trust. I had two grand prixs come in today with the same exact problem. One was a 2004 other is 2005. The 04 I replaced the abs module as she told me she had already had all the speed sensors replaced. Same symptoms as yours. Did not fix it. No stored codes, and I tested the speed sensors while driving. Everything tested good. Even got the car to act up with the scanner hooked up and nothing. GM needs to do something about this. As far as the 05 I told her I would have to find out what the problem truly is before I waste her money. GM will not help all they say is you have to bring us the car to properly diagnose it. I am working on trying to find out the true cause of this and will post what I find so people can get their car fixed the first time and quit throwing money away.
  • towertower Member Posts: 5
    OK folks, here is my update:

I contacted GM (Christina) via email and shared details, she informed me that there was no recall. I had also contacted the Pontiac Customer Assistance Center and opened a case. Christina became aware of this, and handed me off to an "agent". I spoke with my assigned "agent", who informed me that GM would likely assist with the repair, so he convinced me to take the car into the dealership for precise diagnosis and repair. I was encouraged by the conversation, and thought wow, the new GM really does care.

Although the hub bearings were previously identified to be making noise and thus in need of replacement, the secondary diagnosis upon further investigation was the simple ABS wiring harness was corroded all the way through. Upon replacing that part, the issue was solved. I requested the old part, which upon inspection, had water all through the inside of the harness casing. To me, that meant the design was flawed, and that added to my case.

Without going into the specific resolution, here is my advice for any of you who may be affected by issue you believe shouldn't be present. If your vehicle has low mileage or is otherwise just out of warranty, I would rate your chances of GM assistance to be good. If your car is older, maybe not so much. I will say that it took over 2 months to gain any satisfaction, but I did in fact get my repair issue addressed, and GM did in fact finally deliver on their earlier promise.

Bottom line: provided you have great patience (dealing with being handed off from agent to agent, not getting return phone calls, being over-committed to based on actual performance, etc.), and are willing to be actively engaged in seeing it through, and your situation aligns to the above details, it would behoove you to follow Christina's advice and contact them to discuss the matter. She stayed engaged from afar with my issue, and served as another point of contact, which I found to be of value.

Hope this helps, and thanks Christina (and GM) for your help.
    Tower,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and conclusion. You are very welcome, I am happy I could be of assistance. I would like to provide a little more information on why you may speak with a few different agents. There are different levels of Customer Assistance Representatives with different tools to assist customers. This is due to the wide variety of situations. I apologize as this can be frustrating; but this is why I wanted to stay in contact with you and make sure everything was taken care of for you. Anyone who would like to email me please feel free. I am happy to look into your situations, recalls, dealer concerns, and any feedback you would like to provide.

Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • burtonzburtonz Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    I have the same exact issue as above (#145), with my 2004 Grand Prix GT. I have the ABS activating at random braking times, for NO reason. The traction/ABS lights are lighting up like a Christmas tree. I changed the RH Half Shaft after investigating a very loud grinding noise. The RH boot had a hole in it and grease was everywhere. That ended up NOT being the noise issue, so I changed the LH as well. The grinding noise finally stopped after changing the LH, and so did the ABS acting up... briefly. About a month or so later, the ABS is acting up again, as described above.
    Before spending a fortune on the dealer to tell me that it is not acting up when they drive it, I'm wondering if a relay has gone bad. Unfortunately, I'm not an electrician so my play is to start changing them and see if that works.
    After being jumped on by my wife (she drives the car) I'm on the internet searching - and found this site. Please help me with a cheaper and quicker fix than going to a dealer.
    Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue and I'm sure GM knows what the issue is. Please let me know how to fix it.
    Thank you,
    Burtonz
  • esh83esh83 Member Posts: 1
    I've have the exact same problem with my 2007 Grand Prix GT. ABS and Traction control light come on. When i make a tight turn it seems like the ABS would kick on then off. Brought it to the dealer, at the time i had one of those Progressive Insurance driving monitors plugged into the computer. Dealership couldnt find anything wrong with my car, and told me to remove the monitor..i took it offbut it didnt change anything. :( My car stops just fine, so i havent brought it back in.
    If you were interested in us following up on this with you, please send us an email with more information (including your name/Edmunds username, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership).
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jeffbrinkjeffbrink Member Posts: 2
    I have fixed the 4th grand prix today. Same problem abs kicks on usually at low speeds or while turning. Traction control light comes on but no codes. The Front speed sensor Harness has been the problem on all the grand prix. 2002 thru 2007. All of them have been on the left front. Good luck.
  • fiacchinofiacchino Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same issue. on my 2006 Grand Prix GXP left front Wheel sensor bad. ABS, Brake and Trac control lights are on. go off from time to time. had wheel hub replaced and didnt fix issue. dealer told me after they replaced it that it probably the cable now. So a flaw in the design of the cable from what I am seeing by reading this forum. Has a recall been issued on it yet? Anyone have any luck getting GM to replace when out of warranty? Can you please tell me the part number for the cable? Also direct me to any documentation on replacing the cable?

Thank you!
  • fiacchinofiacchino Member Posts: 2
    Can you please check to see if there are any open recalls on my vehicle? Also is there anyway you can help me in getting the left fron ABS wireing replaced on my vehicle? I had wheel hub replaced and still have the same issue.
    Vin is 2G2WC58C161183150

Thank you!