Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln LS Audio

Comments

• trent6_3trent6_3 Member Posts: 7
    This link has some helpful photos that i used on my 2002 LSE.

http://www.carspace.com/trent6_3/Albums/02%20LSE%20Subwfrs%20Inst/

Good Luck!
  • squidnomoresquidnomore Member Posts: 9
    Wow. Like my son's Camry when we had to take apart the world to do the rear deck.

Thanks.
  • lincoln072lincoln072 Member Posts: 16
    Hi,
    I need the CD changer for my 2002 Lincoln LS...
    Do you still have it?
  • patrickposeypatrickposey Member Posts: 8
    on my 2000 ls my door speakers all went out at the same time and only my tweeters work i unhooked the radio and took out the plug to the rear amp and door speakers came on but was very low in volume. but the tweeters will stop working i'm just going to bypass the front amp but where is it please help.
  • lincoln072lincoln072 Member Posts: 16
    Hi, do you still have the cd changer?
    Please let me know...email me at:
    [email protected]
    Thanks
  • zsg7107zsg7107 Member Posts: 1
    i have an 2001 lincoln ls with alpine factory stereo i it. and i saw someone hooked subs and a amp factory head unit. i jus wanted 2 know of that is good for the car and how 2 do it thanks
  • mannyvillemannyville Member Posts: 2
    I am trying to wire in a High to Low line level RCA converter for an aftermarket amp. The instructions say to tie into the speaker wires but the only ones I know of for sure are the ones that the factory amp is powering. I don't think my converter can handle the power. I would like to wire before the amp but am not sure which wires to use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    I was thinking of doing the same to my '05 LS. I still have the amp and sub from my previous car. I'm not sure how it's done, and I might just replace the head unit with aftermarket and do it then.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • acidutuacidutu Member Posts: 12
    Hello All,
    I have a Lincoln LS '03 with a THX Audio/Navigation system.

I played with the software update features under the Software menu (hidden menu by pressing the Audio and Menu button at the same time) and my Audio/Navigation menu doesn't come up anymore.

The last thing I did is go to software upgrade and select upgrade the NAVI 16X software. When it asked me if I had the CD I said yes (even though I don't have one) and now every time the radio system start it says: "Please wait while system is upgrading software".....followed by
    "CAUTION: Cannot load System Software. Disk Type Incorrect. Please insert correct System Disk"

Now I'm stuck at this screen and I can't go to back to the regular menu that lets me control the audio stations and Navigation system.

The buttons for audio work (i can hear stations changing...when using the steering wheel controls) however It does not display on the screen anymore as that Caution message stays ON all the time.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of bypassing this software upgrade and going back to the regular menu?

I cannot believe that Lincoln would allow you to select software upgrade which in turn screws up your system probably until you go back to the dealer for them to insert a CD in the system that would allow it to boot correctly again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was even thinking of disconnecting the Battery until the radio looses it's memory (i was hoping that would make the radio forget it asked for a System CD)

Any tought suggestions please let me know.

Thanks
    Adrian
    While I was reading your post the first thing I thought of was disconnecting the battery then reconnecting it. Couldn't hurt and it doesn't cost anything
  • acidutuacidutu Member Posts: 12
    I've done that but it didn't help. I kept the battery disconnected for about 20 mins. Everything reset but the radio. (all station were still saved - maybe it saves them in NVRAM).

A new development after I did the battery disconnect - the display is all black now. I don't see the message that says CAUTION you need to instert the system disk but nothing else displays either. :(

I will pass by a dealer in a few days to see if they can help.

Thanks for your suggestion.
  • ttrittri Member Posts: 2
    Hi...Just bought a 2002 LS. Need to replace the two tiny speakers on either side of the "center console". They look like 2.5 inch speakers. Can't find any anywere, though. Does anyone have any ideas where I could find a pair of 2.5 inch speakers to fit the 2002 LS?
    I think they are 3.5 in. speakers. Not positive though. You might not see much difference with new speakers. From what I've read on other forums, these just help fill out the sound and are not that noticable.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Disconnect them and you'll never know they were there. Not worth replacing.
  • lincolnls2001lincolnls2001 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All, im still new to all of this, but you guys seem helpful, can anyone please tell me if the 2003 and up THX system on the lincoln ls will fit on my 2001 Lincoln Ls, i want to put that T.V. into my car instead of my cd player
  • inztagatahinztagatah Member Posts: 9
    Hi names mike, i have done all the electronic work on my 2000 ls v8, iv wired RCA hook ups behind my head unit, too install an aftermarket amp to my stock radio, because i like the 6 disc changer. Just wanted some bump. i know of a good ground also willing to help out anyone doing the same thing......Also just throwin it out there i got a replacement head unit off ebay for 27 dollars free shipping which i dont need model # XW4F-18C870-AJ if anyone needs a replacement let me know?
  • lawson_19015lawson_19015 Member Posts: 1
    When my LS was about one year old, an odd static appeared in the AM mode of the radio. While idling or coasting the radio had a steady static in the AM mode, however when I would accelerate the static would subside but as soon as I let up on the pedal the static would re-appear. While under warranty the dealer replaced the radio and the problem disappeared. Not much later the problem re-appeared and has been that way ever since. Does any one out there have any clue what the problem may be?Every ting is original equipment and has had no modifications or additions.This static does not change in frequency with the change in engine RPM.
  • mannyvillemannyville Member Posts: 2
    Hey, just read your post. I posted before and didn't really get any feed back. I tied my line level converter after my stock amp (Alpine) and then had to add a booster from that to my amp because I didn't like the sound it produces. I run an MTX 250 watt amp to a 12" MTX sub. It bumped pretty good in my old ride but now it has more of a higher thump and I can't adjust my levels on the amp too much because it seems like it is too much or maybe not enough. Someone told me about wiring RCA's behind the deck but can this be done at the trunk so I can keep all the wiring back there? I live in a small town and the local audio shop isn't much help. They pretty much charge you just to look at what ya got.
  • ndlincolnls01ndlincolnls01 Member Posts: 1
    New to this site. Would like to know if anyone has installed CL-441dsp and CL-SSI in 2001 LS with premium sound system. If so would you be willing to share how you went about this.
  • 2000linls2000linls Member Posts: 1
    I have 2000 ls with alpine system with out the amp/woofers in the trunk, but i have the harness will be able to install the factory amp/woofer and will it work
    That's all you need to have the booming system,
  • mitch417mitch417 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2000 lincoln ls and the subs are not working. i just bought it but i didnt notice it until tonite that they were not on is there another fuse besides the one in the trunk i checked that one and it was fine
    What did u just by, the speakers or the car? If you just bought the car,the speakers could have got wet eg...shampoo, windex or excessive water from tinting. If the speakers are new, are they the right wattage? The original speakers are 35-45 watts. The Amp may not be able to drive anything out of this class.
  • phanna06phanna06 Member Posts: 1
    hey mike my name is paul i have a quick question on how to hook up a pair of 12 inch subs and amp to the stock head unit and still have the luxury of the 6 disc cd changer into one of my friends 2000 lincoln ls... if possible could u send me a wiring diagram to show me how to properly hook this system up...

thanks, paul
  • seldendseldend Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem, right down to the dealer fixing it once!

Have you found a solution?
  • aksaxonsaksaxons Member Posts: 1
    Hey I want to do the same thing to my wifes LS, I want to keep all of what I have but add an amp and a 12" sub. Do you have any more details on how to go about it? I've done a few systems but nothing crazy, I should be able to do this pretty easy.
  • yiw1z4rdcomyiw1z4rdcom Member Posts: 7
    ok all i have a 2000 Lincoln LS, 3.0L V were to start with the issues.. first one would be the audio the acc wire went out on the radio and i have checked the fuses and nothing is blowen not sure about the trouble shooting on that one but on the other hand i have a huge issue with the misfiring and smelling like gas when i start it up... When i hooked it up to a computer it said cylinder 1,3,5 were misfiring so i have changed all the coils but 2 the 2 that i knew that were not bad and i have changed all the plugs... but when i took out the coil and plug on cylinder 3 there was a bit of crud on it but nothing since. i have changed not i have put new mass air flow sensor. ran a bit better but not sure if it could be an 02 sensor and if so witch one there are 4 and they are anywere to 30 to 60 bucks...
    are u goin to keep the stock radio in there or put a new one in.. if you are goin to put a after market one in there Lincoln Ls 2000-2003 Mach 460 1000 Amp Wire Harness is what you will need so it can turn on the stock amp.. but i have 2 memphis 10s and a 1000 watt amp and to be honest it awesome...
    i have an issue with my radio its the acc wire for the radio and none of the fuses are blew and i dont know what or how to fix it i have tryed alot but nothing i have a after market cd player the hot wirer works but its just the acc any ideas
  • luke329luke329 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Lincoln LS with the THX audio system. Typically, when I put the vehicle in reverse, the rear sensors will beep and the radio volume will go down until I shift out of reverse. Recently, when I was backing up, the volume went completely off and never came back on when I shifted out of reverse. Now, I get no sound (CD, radio, touch screen beeps, etc) from the radio...except when I'm in park. It's instant. As soon as I shift out of park, the audio sound is gone.

Any ideas on what the issue might be???

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
    yes i have a few good ideas first does you car run like poop or also does ur acc wire work or does ur car start overheating when you it did work.. and does it have the factory amp and 6x9s in the back.. if it does all that not what i did to make my car not overheat and all start working right i cliped the acc wire and from the power wire i ran a wire offe that to a toggle switch then a wire from the toggle switch to the acc on the radio and its gotten rid of all my problems.. i can take pics and send if u would like
  • mac024mac024 Member Posts: 4
    Hi all, new to this site....i have a 2003 LS with a factory 6 pack CD player and the premium sound package. I bought a factory Nav system out of another 2003 lincoln ls, but my dealer says i would have to put a whole new wiring harness into it. I took the existing head unit out and the connectors do not match so i know i need to get some kind of an adaptor, but to go to a whole new harness?
    I really need help, ant would be appreciated
    Thanks
  • oldgeezer2oldgeezer2 Member Posts: 3
    Friends,

My 2004 Lincoln LS came with the touchscreen navigation system. The radio has quit and is too expensive to fix. I found a used radio with a 6 cd changer out of an 04. When I connect the 2 plugs that fit, the radio lights-up, but no sound.
    Question. Should the different radio work with the existing pigtails, or is there a difference? If it's the same, I may have a bum radio.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark
    IIRC there were 3 systems - premium, audiophile and THX. I don't think they're compatible. Was yours THX and how many speakers do you have?
    Thanks for the reply Kirby,

It was the THX. I appear to have an amp between the back speakers. I guess it has to have power or a relay to turn it on along with the radio. There are 2 plugs that match up, including the largest one. The smaller one has many contacts but only two being used. There are 2 pigtails that do not fit the radio. The radio has 2 small jacks that do not match my plugs.

thanks again
    Mark
    Hi....i was going to put a NAV system into my '03 which came with premium sound, it now sounds like i can't because it won't fit, so i happen to have one for sale right now. It was a Ford Factory refurb off of ebay. I paid $300 for it and just want my money back. Get back to me if interested.
    Thanks

Frank
    THX is a whole different animal. It's a matched system. You need to replace it with another THX head unit or you'll have to rewire the entire system.
    IS THERE SOMETHING ON THE HEAD UNIT THAT TELLS YOU IF IT WAS THX OR NOT?
    hello all, i have an '03 LS with a factory 6 cd changer in it. I don't know if it is premium sound, audiophile or THX. I bought a factory NAV system that also came out of an '03 LS and the wiring doesn't match up.
    First how do i tell if i have premium sound, audiophile or THX?
    Second how do i install this unit in my car short of putting a whole new wiring harness in it?
    HELLPPP

Thanks Frank
    If it's a THX it should have THX labels inside the car. Audiophile has subs, premium does not.
    Frank,
    My THX was a touchscreen. It had a large THX display when it booted up. That was with the NAV system.

Mark
  • 00lsv8sport00lsv8sport Member Posts: 2
    There's alot more to installing the Navigation system in a non-nav LS. Check out my 2000 LS V-8 sport at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3322744. First off the nav head unit requires the THX amps(2),THX speakers, DVD Drive, map DVD, rearview mirror w/microphone(for voice commands) and the wiring harness for connecting all the components. The map DVD runs $199 for the latest version, unless you know someone who will give you a copy of theirs. If you still have access to the donor LS for the remaining parts than it should install rather quickly. Email me if you need more info. MG
  • 00lsv8sport00lsv8sport Member Posts: 2
    Mark,
    If you wish to sell your damaged Nav head unit let me know. Also I can help you make the 6-CD unit work for your LS. I have all the factory service manuals for all LS's(2000-2006). There are only a few changes you will need to make to make it work, are you electrically inclined?? You will need to run some wires & make some connections. Let me know, MG
  • jerrym3jerrym3 Member Posts: 202
    How do you remove the center stack dash trim?

I removed the console door, all screws (that I could see) in the storage bin, and a plastic plug, but the storage bin itself will not come out, and that seems to be the start of the process.

Thanks
  • antoniukantoniuk Member Posts: 8
    Most engine noise in the speakers is due to poor ground connections. You said the battery was recently replaced. The factory battery (located in the trunk) had a ground strap cable that connected the terminal negative to the body of the car right next to the spare tire. It is possible that the person who installed the new battery for some reason may have neglected to attach this cable to the battery's negative terminal. If the factory cables were changed or replaced and are no longer available you can get an aftermarket battery terminal at a local car stereo shop and run a ground wire from the terminal to the body in that location. You will see a bolt attached to the body in the area I described. Also it is possible that the bolt is just loose too. Check all your battery connections. Other than that I would take it to a good electrical automotive placed and have them check all the grounds associated with the stereo system. Also you my want to swap out the spark plugs with resistor plugs. Not sure if this is necessary as I am running on the factory plugs still.
  • antoniukantoniuk Member Posts: 8
    Well it's a little late I see you posted this in November but I will post this for future LS Owners.....Remove the center console as follows. Remove the storage lid there are some screws and 3 or four allen or torx (star wrench) screws that need to be removed. Also remove the plastic cap inside the bin located on the front side of the interior of the storage bin area. Once that is done carefully insert a puddy knife or other slim tool to help pry up the compartment interior insert. Once the insert is removed you will see the nuts that attach the center console to the floor. That is for the rear of the console. The front of the console you need to remove (pry gently) the trim panel that surrounds the shifter starting from the front of the trim panel located near below the ashtry area. Once you remove that panel you will see the other screws/nuts that you will need to loosen to continue to remove the console.
  • banjoepbanjoep Member Posts: 2
    I'm having problems when I play my CD. Sometimes the sound is great, other times the sound comes and goes accompanied with cracking sounds, and sometimes the fuse blows. There is never a problem with sound when playing the radio. So, I've checked the electrical connection to the CD. It is fine. Now I want to check the amplifier...but where is it?
  • HappsterHappster Member Posts: 33
    My 00 Lincoln LS radio randomly changes channels, across AM, FM and CD...indiscriminately. It flashes the message "no portable" when doing so. I removed the factory portable phone (from the wiring harness) years ago and it worked for many years without this problem. I've swapped out the radio, with no luck. I've heard that the "no portable" message is tied to the factory phone and is supposed to come up when you try to press "mute" when the phone has been removed. But that doesn't happen for me. I have radio controls in my steering wheel, but I replaced the clock spring less than two years ago and again this happens when the steering wheel is still anyway. Can anyone help?
  • johnd24johnd24 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to upgrade the audio in my 03 LS. I have the system now with 12 speakers and the subs as the rear speakers. I found a head unit with nav for an 01 LS and I'm curious if that swap can be made. Any information would be helpful. Thank You
  • 04lincolnls04lincolnls Member Posts: 1
    Hey Mark , have you squared away your audio prob. with your THX system ?