Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2004 toyota Sienna manual sliding door handle broke off due to sticking doors...

kreuzerkreuzer Member Posts: 131

I have read many complaints in this Sienna forum concerning the sticking door problems for these vans in cold weather. Well, I have had the same problems with our 2004 Sienna from early on and it's never been resolved. It's been a reliable van if talking about the engine/transmission, but I have had my share of many other problems that many have written about in these forums, as well.

What I would like to know is if anyone can guide me to a site where it will show me how to fix the outside sliding door handle on a manually operated door to my 2004 Sienna? Since my van is old now, I try to do these type of repairs own my own. Any help would be appreciated!

BTW- I have looked on google search, but I cannot find anything with step-by-step directions and pictures for this.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Options

Mr. Shift,
    Will this video be applicable to a 2004 Sienna, as well? If, yes, it's going to be a simple fix. Thanks for replying.

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited March 2014

That I can't answer. Hopefully you can view the video and write down the instructions and see how they apply to 2004. I checked and the 2004 is another generation of Sienna so this video might not help directly. Didn't realize that when I posted. I'll keep looking for you.

Here's a Sienna forum where people are talking about doing it on a 2004 model:

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c3985_ds500410

• Options

Thanks Mr. Shift, I appreciate your help!

• Options
    fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786

You must grease the rubber seals, otherwise the doors will stick! I like Shin Etsu grease, but even Meguires rubber conditioner will work well.

• Options

I will try the grease. Thanks fibber2.