Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Chevrolet Traverse Lease Questions

Comments

• andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67
    Can someone twll me the residuals, money factor and current incentives for leasing a traverse right now?
  • mr300eclassmr300eclass Member Posts: 9
    Most dealerships incentives would be how far you can bend over!!! Residual value is 58% with 15k which is not bad!!

There is only $500 cash back on 14's at this time!!

You tell them what you want to pay and if they don't like it tell them to lick your balls!!

Worked for me!!!
    edited August 2013
    Car places always make money and they always cry poverty!! Always find out veh invoice price and tell them you want them to work out the numbers with the veh $2000 below invoice price!!

What ever they sticker price is, take 10% off and and that is the number to work out your deal to!!!

If they do like it too bad!!!

Go from dealer to dealer and one will be sure to bite!!!
    Btw this car is really nice but has horrible gas millage!!! Like 12 mpg!!! That is my only compliant so far!!!
  • kavtilkavtil Member Posts: 1
    Please tell me the name of the dealership in NJ. I live in NY and this is the exact car I want at the same price.

Thank you
  • strider_gtsstrider_gts Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking for a LS AWD.

The current offer on the Chevy website is:

245/month, 36 months, 4227 due at signing, 15,000 per year, at $33,370 MSRP... this is basically a $362/month payment with no money down.

If the equivalent invoice price is $30,385 after a $1,500 factory rebate and dealer discount, what would you want your monthly payments to be assuming no money down?

Thank you so much!
    edited August 2013
    bottom line you are getting taken like the movie!!!. tell the dealership the only deal you will make is him knocking $5000 off sticker and you will be only putting $2000 down toward your taxes, first payment and all dealer fees.
    You want 15K per year a 36 month lease and will only pay $299 a month.

This is a 2013 and the dealer is making a ton of back door money to get rid of these basic trashy models. So many basic model 2013 LS are around and if you go to at least 10 dealerships one will be sure to take this as your final offer.

Remember all dealerships are just trying to rear end you! You tell them what you want to pay bottom line.

I did look at a 2013 LTZ AWD Fully loaded with a MSRP of 47K and with $3000 down and 15K per year 36 month lease the dealer would have done the deal for $368 a month.

Just remember you will always get screwed no matter what deal you make!!

saddle up!!!
    Thanks! The deal I listed is their advertised internet special, but it was still based off of MSRP so I figured there was still a good amount of wiggle room. The first dealer I went to told me that the invoice rate was only $700 under the MSRP so I shouldn't even bother negotiating. Needless to say I'll be finding a new dealer. :)

Side note: I live in Oregon so we don't have a sales tax thankfully.

I was guessing (because I don't exactly know how to do the math), that something at $0 down, $329 a month would be doing the deal "near invoice". Is that an acceptable offer? Good? Bad? Ugly? If money down is required then I'd just take it straight off the monthly payments.

Any idea??
  • chris0076chris0076 Member Posts: 17
    Leased 2014 Traverse LTZ last week had 10 miles on it. Pittsburgh, Pa

Turned back in leased 2010 LT1 Traverse 17500 miles only options were rearview camera and steps.

Options on 2014 were:
    My Link Navigation System
    Black Metallic Color
    Hit The Road Package
    Chrome Steps
    Cargo Convenience Package(included Cargo Security Shade)

No Money Down/39 months
    MSRP $45,147
    CAP Cost $41,944
    Rebates $1420
    Lease Payment $404
    Annual Mileage 10,000 miles
    edited August 2013
    You got a good deal as long as you don't put on a lot of
    Miles. 10k a year would not work for me. My last leased car was a honda and I had 15k miles per year and still went over by 7k miles at end of lease. Honda is awesome and ate $1100 worth of those miles and I only had to pay $700!!

I don't think GM would do that!! I almost bought a pilot touring but liked this truck better!!! Onstar is cool with phone app! But after they 6 months onstar will try to hit you with crazy fees to continue!

Does anyone know about the tow hitch package.. I got a hitch package and I got a wire in my glove box that does not fit into anything.. I did not
    Get a wire that can fit the socket next to hitch. Anyone get this wire!!
    I retired a few years ago so I don't drive that much.

As you can tell by the Traverse I turned in with only 17,000 miles and nearly 4 years old.

I would have had less than that but I took a road trip to see my son in Florida and that accounted for nearly 3,000 of the miles.

I really like the Traverse for it's handling and smooth ride. First time I have ever bought the same vehicle back to back in over 50 years of buying cars.
    Well that's a pretty good testament to the Traverse!

Anyone have any idea if a $329/month, $0 down 36 month lease on a LS AWD is a good buy? Or should it be less? It has an invoice price of $30,385 after the $1,500 factory rebate.
    I forgot to add that when I turned in the 2010 they wrote off my last 3 lease payments
    edited August 2013
    I would LOVE to quickly know the current residual rate on a 2013, AWD LS if anyone knows it!

Thank you so much!
    edited August 2013
    Don't know the rate on the LS, but my 2014 LTZ was 56% that was for 39 months. It will depend on the number of months your leasing for. The longer the lease the smaller the %
    Do you think this is accurate?

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/99/2013/chevrolet/traverse/ls_sport_utility/1015- /rebates.html

58% residual at a 1% apr?

I had no idea how much residual rate affected your monthly payments until I played with this calculator:

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
    That appears to be in the ball park. I just looked @ my 2010 Traverse LT1 lease agreement which was for 48 months and my residual was 39%. That was in Jan. 2010.
  • fatslopfatslop Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Hello, does anyone know of current (as of 09/05/13) lease residuals and rates on both 2013 and 2014 AWD Traverse 2LTs? I am just starting the process today and although the 56% residual (36 month/36K miles) I have been quoted seems reasonable the money factor rate of 3.18% does not (for someone with excellent credit at least). I am looking at a 2LT with an MSRP of $44,400. Thanks for your time.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,768
    I'm sorry... we don't have the September lease numbers for GM..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• brianf1997brianf1997 Member Posts: 26
    Hi CarMan,

Can you please tell me the residual and money factor on the 2014 Traverse LTZ @ 12k miles per year? Any incentives going on? Thank you!
    1.20% MF and 60% residual.. It looks like ALLY provides $850 of lease cash to be used as a CAP COST reduction, on this model.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bk1104bk1104 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am taking bids online for the vehicle below, but need to know more information for next steps including: residual value, money factor (very high credit score), and what should I be paying (vehicle price and fees).

2014 Traverse 1LT AWD 8 passenger
    All-Star Package
    Roof Rack
    Standard colors

Looking for a 15k / 36 month lease.
    2014 Traverse 1LT AWD 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    1.75% MF and 58% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bk1104bk1104 Member Posts: 2
    I have been dead set on an AWD Traverse, but there seem to be mostly FWD Traverse models being sold in Cleveland, Ohio. I want a vehicle that is going to be very good in the snow (real snow) because I drive into areas that are hilly with 150 inches of snow per year (real snow for Cleveland).

What are your opinions of the performance of FWD versus AWD on this vehicle?
    I owned 2010 FWD Traverse and had no problems during the 3 winters here in Pittsburgh ( home of nothing but hills & bridges ) and had no problems. Of course the past 3 winters have not been that snowy. If you drive long distances or are on the road a lot I would go for AWD. Ohio terrain does not have the hills you would find here in Western Pa so you might be alright with FWD.
    No AWD in Cleveland? That seems weird..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• abcabc123123abcabc123123 Member Posts: 2
    Can you please post the money factor and residual on a 14 Traverse LTZ leased for 36 months at 12k or 15K miles/year? Also, are there currently any incentives? Thank you!
    2014 Traverse LTZ 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    1.75% MF and 58% residual.. add 2% for 12K/yr lease
    $675 in lease cash

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cpamancpaman Member Posts: 58
    Hello all,

I am currently in negotiations with a couple of dealers to lease a Metallic black 2014 traverse 1LT for my wife. The only option is the all-star package. Can someone please provide me with the details (MF and residual) for a 10K,12K and 15K per year lease in the north east (CT specifically)? Time is of the essence and I appreciate the feedback.
    2014 Traverse 1LT 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    1.75% MF and 58% residual.. add 2% for 12K/yr lease, 3% for 10K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cpamancpaman Member Posts: 58
    thanks for the swift response
  • abcabc123123abcabc123123 Member Posts: 2
    Can you please update the money factor, residual, and incentives for December on a 14 Traverse LTZ leased for 36 months at 15K miles/year? Thank you!
    2014 Traverse LTZ 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    1.75% MF and 58% residual
    $675 Lease cash

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• alcinder22alcinder22 Member Posts: 9

Hi. This forum is great. I am looking at leasing a 2014 1LT or LTZ for 36 months. Can you provide me the current residual and money factors for each model based on top tier credit. Ideally this would be a 10k or 12k lease. Also, is there any customer cash in additon to the $500 offer I just received from GM Financial.

• alcinder22alcinder22 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2013

hi. Just to be clear...the 10k or 12k meant annual mileage allottment and this is for a Traverse based in Philadelphia PA Area. Thanks Again.

@alcinder22 said:
    Hi. This forum is great. I am looking at leasing a 2014 1LT or LTZ for 36 months. Can you provide me the current residual and money factors for each model based on top tier credit. Ideally this would be a 10k or 12k lease. Also, is there any customer cash in additon to the $500 offer I just received from GM Financial.

36mo, 12K/yr lease

1.75% MF and 60% residual

$675 lease cash... .but, these are ALLY Bank numbers. If GM Financial is different, I don't have those numbers.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sal623sal623 Member Posts: 2

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal for a 2014 Traverse 2LT AWD in NY area.

Standard exterior color
    black leather
    hit the road package
    Rear Hitch
    Nav
    7 passenger seating

mrsp is 44300

405 per month
    Taxes, first payment and dmv fees upfront, approx 2700 down.
    10k a year, 39 month lease.

Thanks.

• sal623sal623 Member Posts: 2
    null
    Can anyone provide some info, thanks
  • bobjunga1bobjunga1 Member Posts: 4

I am in NYC. getting a 2014 Traverse LTZ

I see that now on the chevy site the cash back has gone from $1000 to $1500 but now they don't make the lease calculator available.

What is the FM and residual for 10k mile for 36 and for 39 months for Feb 2014?

Thanks,

@bobjunga1 said:
    I am in NYC. getting a 2014 Traverse LTZ

I see that now on the chevy site the cash back has gone from $1000 to $1500 but now they don't make the lease calculator available.

What is the FM and residual for 10k mile for 36 and for 39 months for Feb 2014?

Thanks,

1.20% MF and 61% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr. $470 lease cash.

59% residual for 39 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bppitbullbppitbull Member Posts: 1

I am looking for ally residual value on a 2012 traverse LS AWD with 43k miles at 27 months?

@bppitbull said:
    I am looking for ally residual value on a 2012 traverse LS AWD with 43k miles at 27 months?

We don't have lease info for used cars.. too many variables. It's usually not cost effective to lease a used car..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gdfaulknergdfaulkner Member Posts: 6

What are the current residuals and MF for a 2014 Traverse LTZ AWD? 36 months, 10K or 12K miles...thanks!

@gdfaulkner said:
    What are the current residuals and MF for a 2014 Traverse LTZ AWD? 36 months, 10K or 12K miles...thanks!

1.24% MF and 60% residual for 36om, 12K/yr. $470 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• plumbum27plumbum27 Member Posts: 3
    Current MF & residual for a 2014 LT FWD for 36 months at 15K per year.
    Thank you!

@plumbum27 said:
    Current MF & residual for a 2014 LT FWD for 36 months at 15K per year.
    Thank you!

1.24% MF and 58% residual. $470 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rich210rich210 Member Posts: 13

I just got a lease offer on 2014 traverse AWD 1LT. 36 months 12k miles. Two options:
    1) $0 down and $489/month, or 2) $5000 down and $339/month, residual of $22,416. Are either of these any good?
    Thanks.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

@rich210 said:
    I just got a lease offer on 2014 traverse AWD 1LT. 36 months 12k miles. Two options:
    1) $0 down and $489/month, or 2) $5000 down and $339/month, residual of $22,416. Are either of these any good?
    Thanks.

Never a good idea to put money down on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled in an accident, you are out that money.

With that said, $5K works out to about $139/mo for 36 months, so that puts you at $478/mo if you skip the down payment.

Can you provide the MSRP, selling price and money factor the dealer is using to get these numbers?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• rich210rich210 Member Posts: 13

Thanks for your response. Dealer has not been forthcoming with the information so I am looking for another dealer. I am new to leasing, so would you explain how the MF works?
    Thanks.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

@rich210 said:
    Thanks for your response. Dealer has not been forthcoming with the information so I am looking for another dealer. I am new to leasing, so would you explain how the MF works?
    Thanks.

Money factor is the "rent charge" (interest) you pay on the money borrowed for the lease term. It's often represented as a small decimal value (.00130) which can be converted into an interest rate by muliplying by 2400. GM, however, uses interest rate percentages, which you convert into a decimal by dividing by 2400.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

This discussion has been closed.