Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
edited May 2015 in Audi
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Audi Q5 purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Q5, please share your experience here. To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Audi Q5 Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our
2015 Audi Q5 page.

To see all forums discussions about the Audi Q5, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Audi Q5 discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• aaatt666aaatt666 Member Posts: 2
    I am contacting three dealers in North Jersey for 2014 Q5 2.0 Premium (with heated front seats as the only add-on option). the MSRP is $38,645 before tax, registration and doc fee, and I ask for the invoice price $36,000. All three dealers are willing to negotitate around $36K.

I am wondering if I should further push down the price. Any purchase information you can share is helpful.
  • chuckycalchuckycal Member Posts: 6
    I got it on Long Island for 32,979 for exact same options
  • cscamp20cscamp20 Member Posts: 9
    Wow 32k is probably the lowest I heard for a premium 2.0t. That's a good price.
    I should go buy from that dealer. Can you message me the dealerships name.

I got my 2012 q5 2.0t with heated seats and sunroof for 37 in north jersey
  • aaatt666aaatt666 Member Posts: 2
    Did you got the 2014 model? The price is $3000 below invoice. How did you get that price if you do not mind.
  • finbar_oharafinbar_ohara Member Posts: 29
    I ordered my 2014 2.0 Premium + paint + heated seats + towing and paid invoice with supplier discount. I could have received additional $1000 off had I qualified for Audi loyalty. Invoice was as low as I could go at 3 dealers in SE Michigan without the Supplier Plan. Going with the Supplier Plan just made it easier because I did not want to haggle over a couple hundred dollars. I am enjoying the new ride. I also got a bottle of champagne and a nice Audi Sport jacket thrown in for pain and suffering during the closing process. Oh, and free trunk mat. I am electing to purchase the maintenance program for $850 at my first service appointment. You do not have to purchase it at closing. I intend to keep the car forever so it just makes sense with the cost savings and the potential for turbo problems and or oil consumption problems.
  • habu987habu987 Member Posts: 11
    Hi all,

I just priced out a 2014 TDI Premium Plus with MMI, B&O, and side assist. MSRP of $52,795. With the supplier discount, I got a quote for $49,625. Is that a good deal?
  • nickg22nickg22 Member Posts: 5
    Was offered the following deal--a 2014 Q5 3.0 with navigation, Bang & Olufson, metallic paint, and protection kit for the following:

Total price of vehicle--45,790
    Tire fee--7.50
    Supp. titling fee--183.16
    Reg/Title fee--120
    doc fee--398

total--46,508.66

Edmunds has the invoice at $47,053 and the MSRP at $50,525.

The price of the vehicle seems pretty good but I am wondering if the extra fees are taking away much of that deal and if it is really as good as it initially appears. Also, I have a trade in that I believe they will be making money on as well.

Any thoughts?
  • mihaidanilamihaidanila Member Posts: 8
    Which dealer gave you this deal? I have been trying to convince a NJ dealer to get below 6% discount, but they won't budge. (To date, I have two NJ dealers who have offered a 6% discount on Q5s, in my case, a 2.0 Premium Plus.)
  • audilittlerockaudilittlerock Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,

I have been quoted a price of 46,941 $ for a 2014 Q5 Premium plus 2T with NAV, Bang and olufsen, side assist, 19 inch all weather wheels ( Cuvee Silver with chestnut brown seats). Is that a good price or am I being charged more? Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
  • rsridharanrsridharan Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,
    I am planning to buy my first Audi. Q5 and would appreciate some inputs to finalize my choice
    Model: Audi -Q5 2.0 Premium Plus + Nav + Sports Package

I am currently a resident of the state of FL and will be moving to upstate NY (Buffalo / Rochester Area) starting next yr.

Questions: Sales Tax in FL is 6% and the place I am moving to is 8%. if I buy the car in FL and move, do I have to pay the difference in Tax when I move?

Sunroof: I read a lot about the 2012 Q5 had issues with sunroof in cold weather, is this still an issue? does the sunroof can handle the weight of snow that accumulates on the top? is there a internal temp. diff. when covered by snow

Maintenance cost: When I visited the dealer, i was told that only the first service is covered for free? if so, what is maintenance cost. I appreciate some inputs on overall maintenance cost of this car as well over a period of 4/5 years.

Thanks in advance for the answers
    -Ramesh
  • rsridharanrsridharan Member Posts: 2
    2014 Q5 2.0 $37300
    Premium Plus Pkg: $3900
    Bang & olufsen: $850
    MMI: $3550
    Sports Pkg: $500
    Valcano Red Color: $500
    Side Assist: $500
    Dest. Chg: $895
    Total: $47995
    Plus: + Doc Chg: $600

is this a good deal?
  • milenpmilenp Member Posts: 8
    Hello,

I am in process of ordering it and while researching it, for the past few weeks, there was a $1000 customer loyalty rebate. As of today, I don't see it anymore (for that car, it's still there for the 2.0 TFSI and the 3.0 gasoline). I do not remember the expiration of the rebate. My question to the experienced audience here is - what are the chances Audi would come with such rebate again?

Thanks you!
    edited November 2013
    Ramesh, look up the leaseguide.com. For me it was well worth the money. The answers to almost all of your questions are there.

About the sunroof, I do think that most of Audi drivers do have means to avoid this problem by keeping the car in a garage :). Yes, moving to Buffalo, this could be a valid concern ;).

Maintenance - likely keeping that in the dealer is overrated and overpriced. If you have a trusted mechanic, you are better of sticking with him. As an Audi Care purchaser, I can say that I am greatly disappointed - $800 for 3 oil changes! That's about what they did. No wipers change even, forget about tires rotation. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!
  • mhughettmhughett Member Posts: 1
    It better still be there. I ordered a new TDI just after labor day and I expect it to be here in 3 weeks. Last I saw the owner loyalty was still there and doesn't expire until January of 2014. It references the Q5 but there is no differentiation for engine type.

http://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/offers-programs
    OK, I was able to find it at Motortrend (http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2014/audi/q5/tdi_premium_plus_sport_utility/3873- /rebates/) but it expires January 2, 2014. I was told that it matters if there is a rebate at the time you get the car delivered, not when you ordered. I don't know if this is correct or not :(.
  • auq5auq5 Member Posts: 1
    Got the following quote.. MSRP and invoice are listed, followed by final price.

Feature: MSRP (Invoice)

Audi Q5 2.0T: 37,300 (34,690)
    Premium Plus: 3,900 (3,628)
    Metallic Paint: 500 (467)
    MMI Navigation: 3,550 (3.301)
    Audi side assist:500 (467)
    Upgraded 19" wheels: 800 (744)
    Bang and Olufsen sound: 850 (791)
    Destination: 895 (895)
    Total MSRP: 48,295
    Total Invoice: 44,983

Final price = 8% off of MSRP = 44,431

Any comments on the final price? A good deal or can do better?
  • mihaidanilamihaidanila Member Posts: 8
    Wow, how can you get 8%? Are you trading a car in? Do you have a loyalty discount? I was told that 6% is the invoice price and that they can't go below that.
  • wrigleyragswrigleyrags Member Posts: 6
    I just bought the same vehicle (different color) at 6% off of MSRP. 8% off is a good deal in my opinion.
  • ksusarlaksusarla Member Posts: 9
    Thats a good price, take it.
    Unless you want to wait for another 3-4 months you might not be getting a cheaper quote than that.
  • sonnyleesonnylee Member Posts: 2

Hello to all,
    I am new to this forums. I had been quoted with 7 dealers in Austin, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio.
    I quoted Q5 2014 2.0T Ext: Ibish White, Interior: Beige, with Lightning Package. MSRP: $38,945 Edmund Invoice: $36,282 and the best I can get right now is 6% off from MSRP is $36,609 + TT & L
    But I am still not sastify with that offer. With my opinion is be patient. I still waiting to see that I can get any better offer.
    Any body can give me some advice or opinions

Forums is sharing the opinions, and helping each other that will be a wonderful
    Thanks a lot.

• sonnyleesonnylee Member Posts: 2

@mihaidanila said:
    Wow, how can you get 8%? Are you trading a car in? Do you have a loyalty discount? I was told that 6% is the invoice price and that they can't go below that.

Share your experience. Help each other.

• jmcajmca Member Posts: 5

Hi - Anyone have experience buying Q5 TDI? I am looking at Premium Plus with MMI, Side Assist, and B&O. I'm in CA and got a recent quote only $1000 below MSRP. Rejected the offer, but was wondering what others had experienced. Thanks!

@habu987 said:
    Hi all,

I just priced out a 2014 TDI Premium Plus with MMI, B&O, and side assist. MSRP of $52,795. With the supplier discount, I got a quote for $49,625. Is that a good deal?

Did you end up buying the car? What did you pay?

@teris10 said:
    Thanks, ksusarla. It's a 2014. Nothing besides premium plus and navigation (no wheels or premium audio). I believe MSRP was around $46.500. Contemplating Audi Care now. I'm in CA, but would rather not post exact location until deal is closed. But I will once I close if it will help people.

Anyone have thoughts on Audi Care pricing? Price is negotiable from what I have read.

What was your exact location?

• porschecporschec Member Posts: 1

Hi All,
    Need opinion on 2014 Q5 4 Cyl, 2 Ltr Gas engine. Recently been to Audi dealer in chicago and he offered me 48,788 out of the door price for this vehicle with the below options.

Metallic Paint (phantom black pearl / scuba blue) : 500 (467)
    Audi care for 850.

I told him that I cannot go beyond 45 K budget and I walked out. Should I buy it?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Zad

• saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186

is it true to calculate the price of an audi - just multiply the model number by roughly 10,000?

• dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63

@auq5 said:
    Got the following quote.. MSRP and invoice are listed, followed by final price.

Feature: MSRP (Invoice)

Metallic Paint: 500 (467)
    Total MSRP: 48,295
    Total Invoice: 44,983

Final price = 8% off of MSRP = 44,431

Any comments on the final price? A good deal or can do better?

That's a better price then I have been given

• dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63
    edited February 2014

Looking for feedback on a 2014 Q5 deal:

MSRP and invoice are listed, followed by final price.
    Feature:

Audi Q5 2.0T:
    Premium Plus:
    Metallic Paint:
    MMI Navigation:
    Audi side assist:
    Destination:

Total MSRP: 46,600.00

They offered me 42,900

Comments on the final price? A good deal or can do better?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199

8% off MSRP. That's pretty good for a Q5.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• wlhsuwlhsu Member Posts: 5

All - any recent quotes on the 2014 TDI Premium Plus with MMI, B&O, and side assist? How difficult is it to get a preferred color (in my case, the monsoon grey)?

• thatsdamorethatsdamore Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014

What can I expect to pay for a lease:
    36 months
    10,000 miles
    MSRP $50,175
    Dealer is offering 5% discount
    I have dual residence in IL & Ohio
    Q5 2014 Premium Plus 3.0T

Thank you very much.

@thatsdamore said:
    What can I expect to pay for a lease:
    36 months
    10,000 miles
    MSRP $50,175
    Dealer is offering 5% discount
    I have dual residence in IL & Ohio
    Q5 2014 Premium Plus 3.0T

Thank you very much.

About $660/mo, plus tax. Due at signing; 1st payment, title/license, document fee ($250 in Ohio). That assumes base rate of .00159 MF and 58% residual. Acquisition fee rolled into the payment.

Illinois charges tax on the full selling price, while Ohio taxes the sum of the monthly payments (upfront, but you can roll into the lease), so you definitely want to lease as an Ohio resident, if possible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• thatsdamorethatsdamore Member Posts: 2

What are your thoughts of a lease vs purchase? Our financial situation is solid, we can put down any amount of money. My guess is that we will sell after 3 years. I drive about 7k miles per year.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118

@thatsdamore said:
    What are your thoughts of a lease vs purchase? Our financial situation is solid, we can put down any amount of money. My guess is that we will sell after 3 years. I drive about 7k miles per year.

If your plan is to sell after 3 years, I would think a lease is the right way to go. You are only paying for that part of the car you are using. A 36 mo / 10K per year lease would be just about right.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• rbergmandcrbergmandc Member Posts: 16

Hi there.. looking for the INVOICE price on the following.. i have an affiliate/control # that supposedly gets me pricing at 5-6% UNDER invoice as my wife works for SIRIUS.. .But i'm trying to get that number before I tell my dealer..

2014 Q5 2.0t tiptronic, Premium plus w/ nav, monsoon gray w/ black int.

Base: 37,300 STicker: 47,050

Add ons are $3900 for nav and $3550 for premium plus..

Any helps are much appreciated

(i'm in NY)

Use the Car Research tab at the top of the page, then choose, "New Cars". You can build your car and get invoice pricing, there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@rbergmandc said:
    Hi there.. looking for the INVOICE price on the following.. i have an affiliate/control # that supposedly gets me pricing at 5-6% UNDER invoice as my wife works for SIRIUS.. .But i'm trying to get that number before I tell my dealer..

(i'm in NY)

I, too, work for a company that has employee pricing for Audi. I think the deal is 6% off MSRP, not invoice. You may want to double check that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• alfredckalfredck Member Posts: 9

@jmca said:
    Hi - Anyone have experience buying Q5 TDI? I am looking at Premium Plus with MMI, Side Assist, and B&O. I'm in CA and got a recent quote only $1000 below MSRP. Rejected the offer, but was wondering what others had experienced. Thanks!

Did you end up finding a better quote? I am in Chicago and was able to get an offer approximately 4.6% below MSRP. I tried my best to talk them down to invoice but they were not willing to budge given the Q5's popularity. Anyone experiencing similar challenges?

@wlhsu said:
    All - any recent quotes on the 2014 TDI Premium Plus with MMI, B&O, and side assist? How difficult is it to get a preferred color (in my case, the monsoon grey)?

They lowest I got offered was 2.5% off MSRP, and I wanted monsoon grey and fine ash inlay. I had to to order mine. MG was hard to find, and without the polished oak was even harder. If you want a black one, you can find one tomorrow.

@rbergmandc said:

(i'm in NY)

It's 5-6% off MSRP - not invoice. Big difference.

• lukeaudilukeaudi Member Posts: 1

@alfredck said:
    Did you end up finding a better quote? I am in Chicago and was able to get an offer approximately 4.6% below MSRP. I tried my best to talk them down to invoice but they were not willing to budge given the Q5's popularity. Anyone experiencing similar challenges?

Can you tell me which dealer offers the best price in Chicago area?

• beagle10beagle10 Member Posts: 5

I saw on Edmund there's a $2,000 incentive for dealers on Q5 purchase. Is that accurate? Any other incentives (like conquest incentive) that you guys are aware of? Thanks!

• ezericsezerics Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2014

Could you please let me know Audi’s current residual and money factor for a 36 month lease, 12k miles per year for a Q5. Not sure if it matters whether I’m looking at the 2T or 3T or what trim level (have not yet decided). Also, would you also know the current APR Audi is offering for a purchase? Are there any current incentives (I currently lease a lexus so perhaps there is a conquest, etc.)
    Thanks.

I’m in long island, so if anyone else has any recent experience leasing or purchasing in the area, please let me know, thanks.

@ezerics said:
    Could you please let me know Audi’s current residual and money factor for a 36 month lease, 12k miles per year for a Q5. Not sure if it matters whether I’m looking at the 2T or 3T or what trim level (have not yet decided). Also, would you also know the current APR Audi is offering for a purchase? Are there any current incentives (I currently lease a lexus so perhaps there is a conquest, etc.)
    Thanks.

I’m in long island, so if anyone else has any recent experience leasing or purchasing in the area, please let me know, thanks.

It does matter which engine and trim level you are specifically looking for, as residuals and money factors do vary.

Same with APR.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ezericsezerics Member Posts: 45

Thanks for the response Michael, could you please give me Audi's purchase APR as well as MF and RV for a 36 mo. lease w/ 12k mi per year for both the 2T Premium Plus and 3T Prem Plus?
    Thank you

@ezerics said:
    Thanks for the response Michael, could you please give me Audi's purchase APR as well as MF and RV for a 36 mo. lease w/ 12k mi per year for both the 2T Premium Plus and 3T Prem Plus?
    Thank you

2.0T Premium Plus - .00126 and 55%

3.0T Premium Plus - .00128 and 56%

1.9% up to 66 months; 2.4% for 67-72 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jb247jb247 Member Posts: 25

Looking to lease a Q5 3.0 Premium Plus in Florida... Standard Paint, Milano leather, MMI Nav, Sport Interior Pkg, B&O Sound. By my calculations, the sticker should be around 52,000. Any idea what this would go for in Florida? Is $49k possible?

• firfir Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014

Does 4% off MSRP + 0%APR for 36 months sound like a good deal? I am considering Q5 Premium Plus + Side Assistant

@fir said:
    Does 4% off MSRP + 0%APR for 36 months sound like a good deal? I am considering Q5 Premium Plus + Side Assistant

AFS is offering 0.9% for 36 months on the Q5 - how is your dealer able to offer 0% financing?

You might be able to get another point or two knocked off the MSRP - I've heard of folks getting up to 6% off.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• firfir Member Posts: 3

The dealer told me that the 0% APR is a limited time promotion offered by them only to move their inventory of Q5.