Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Acura MDX Lease Questions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Acura
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Acura MDX Lease Questions and 2016 Acura MDX Lease Questions forums.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Acura MDX and 2016 Acura MDX pages.

To see all forums discussions about the MDX, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Acura MDX discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• ncphxncphx Member Posts: 1

I am looking to lease 2014 MDX with Technology package in Phoenix. What is the Residual value after 36 months for 10k, 12k and 15k miles ?

• higdanhigdan Member Posts: 1

I was just offered the following deal:
    2014 Acura MDX Technology - AWD

• $2,000 out of pocket total including NYS Taxes
    • 18,000 miles a year
    • 36 months
    • $630.00 per month.

Any thoughts? I have 2011 that needs to go back on January 22nd. It originally had some equity in it but unfortunately lost about $4,000 in value over the last 6-8 weeks. (Buy out is $25K)........

Thank you.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,554

@ncphx said:
    I am looking to lease 2014 MDX with Technology package in Phoenix. What is the Residual

value after 36 months for 10k, 12k and 15k miles ?

The residual is 60% for 36mo, 15K/yr .. Add 2% for 12K/yr and 3% for 10K/yr

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• agmnycagmnyc Member Posts: 1

Hello -

I was just quoted a lease rate on a 2014 MDX AWD + Tech + Entertainment for 555/month for 39 months/10kmiles per year with 3600 due at signing (which I understand includes taxes and fees).

Please let me know if this is a reasonable price and how this compares with other's experiences. The dealership was in Nassau County, NY.

Thanks, and apologies in advance if I neglected to provide any essential information - this is my first time buying or leasing a new car!

• 70wash70wash Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2014

I'm looking at a 2014 MDX AWD w/ Tech in Jan and Feb. What are the money factors and residuals out there right now for 10/12k miles?

.00170 MF and 62% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr lease..

Subtract 1% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dyungdyung Member Posts: 16

Hi - Looking for residual for Advance w/Ent. 36 mo. 12k/yr. What's MF for exsiting Acura lease customer? Thanks.

.00170 MF and 59% residual

It's possible that an existing customer may get .00160 MF, but I'm not sure

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gafonmvgafonmv Member Posts: 10

Hello
    I am looking for the February MF and Residual on the 2014 MDX AWD base, 36 mo. 10k/yr, when available. Thanks!

@gafonmv said:
    Hello
    I am looking for the February MF and Residual on the 2014 MDX AWD base, 36 mo. 10k/yr, when available. Thanks!

Numbers are the same as January.

.00170 MF and 63% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jnad1jnad1 Member Posts: 9

I'm trying to figure out if I should wait until next month to lease a 2014 MDX. I'm wondering if you think I will get a better deal?

@jnad1 said:
    I'm trying to figure out if I should wait until next month to lease a 2014 MDX. I'm wondering if you think I will get a better deal?

I don't know if you'll get a better deal next month, but it probably won't get any worse. MDX lease programs are nothing special, now

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I was able to get quote on an MSX TEC AWD with a Sales price of 45,387 from Denville in NJ with nothing down/all in for 36 months for $631 with remote start but they do not have the the color car I want and they say that can't get it!!!.

Denville Acura is not as good as they used to be.

• wheedler123wheedler123 Member Posts: 16

INCEPTION FEES QUESTIONS...
    1) Do inception fees vary dealership to dealership within the same state?
    2) Do inception fees vary from NY to NJ?
    3) It seems there's significant variation to what dealers say are included in inception fees...what is the absolute mandatory fees?

Acquisition fee on every lease. That should be the same. Doc fee. I think NY restricts the doc fee to something under $100. NJ dealers seem to be in the $279-$439 range. That's just additional profit for the dealer. Title/registration fees should be based on your state of residence, not where you purchase the vehicle.

Dealers like to hide the ball.... and fees is one place where they can do it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sojoratsojorat Member Posts: 3
    Looked at advance msrp 57400. Dealer agreed to sell at 54700 and throw in cross rails($276). Money factor .0015, residual value .60 after 36 months. Thats with $2500 down. 750 per month. I went with a purchase instead
  • sml6sml6 Member Posts: 4

Hi, For 2014 MDX AWD w/ Tech, I recently received a quote for $600/mo (includes tax) @ 36 months, 15K miles. I worked out the numbers, and it seems good. The numbers don't quite add up since the offered price is lower than my calculations with the MF/Residual value. But not complaining. I have to pay inception, which was around $1900 in NJ, which I think is high. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

sml6,
    I was wondering if you ended up getting the car you mentioned on 2/25?

Leased a 2014 MDX AWD Adv/Ent. I was quoted $730/mo (incl. tax) 36 mos, 12k miles. $2300 upfront for fees and 1st mo pymt etc. Then had another local dealer compete each other. Also made them to throw in adv running board, all weather mats, folded cargo tray and wheel locks. I ended up with $715/mo. $2000 upfront (incl. all fees, taxes and 1st mo). Your thoughts?

• c340pilotc340pilot Member Posts: 4

I am looking at MDX AWD Tech in northern Ohio and would like to know the Money Factor, and residuals for 10k, 12k, and 15k.

@c340pilot said:
    I am looking at MDX AWD Tech in northern Ohio and would like to know the Money Factor, and residuals for 10k, 12k, and 15k.

.00157 MF and 61%/60%/58% residual for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Vazman2014Vazman2014 Member Posts: 16

Dyung: Which dealership did you lease the car for $715/month?

• gcbornhuntergcbornhunter Member Posts: 1

Wife and I are new to leasing but considering leasing a 2014 MDX AWD with Tech and potential enter. package. We don't plan on every buying the car at the end of the lease and just want to do a 36 month for 12k or 15k miles. We think we will be ok with 12k miles but considering doing 15k just to be safe. I don't want to put any money down upfront and would just car to make the monthly payments and turn it back in in 36 months. Since I'm new, what all negations can I do with the dealer? Basically all I care about is no money down and the lowest monthly payment.

I heard that Acura was coming out with a new program today. Did anyone get the new numbers yet?

edited March 2014

@Vazman2014 said:
    Dyung: Which dealership did you lease the car for $715/month?

DCH Montclair

• beeshobeesho Member Posts: 8

Hi, I am looking to lease a 2014 MDX FWD with Tech package. I am looking for 15K miles per year. Can you please provide me with the money factor and residual please?

@beesho said:
    Hi, I am looking to lease a 2014 MDX FWD with Tech package. I am looking for 15K miles per year. Can you please provide me with the money factor and residual please?

.00157 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jsherm18jsherm18 Member Posts: 1

Did factors and everything stay the same for April on MDX? I got a deal on Tuesday, but they haven't located a car yet to finalize it. Hoping my numbers won't change on a 15k 36mo lease.

@jsherm18 said:
    Did factors and everything stay the same for April on MDX? I got a deal on Tuesday, but they haven't located a car yet to finalize it. Hoping my numbers won't change on a 15k 36mo lease.

Doesn't look like any changes on MDX leases for April

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67
    I am always learning how to calculate a lease then forgetting how to do it...

Can someone run through the numbers on the promotion acura is running? Base models with AWD for $479? 00 momth with $3500.00 down, 12k miles and a residual of 28k.

Usually these promotions are based on a msrp sale price right?

WHAT is the money factor now?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@andremike said:
    I am always learning how to calculate a lease then forgetting how to do it...

Can someone run through the numbers on the promotion acura is running? Base models with AWD for $479? 00 momth with $3500.00 down, 12k miles and a residual of 28k.

Usually these promotions are based on a msrp sale price right?

WHAT is the money factor now?

What lease term are you looking for? Residaul value of the Base MDX for 36 months, 12K miles is 60% and the MF is .00157.

It's usually not a good idea to put money down on a lease; if the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

36 months, not sure 12k or 15k. What are the residuals. For base, for awd base and tech package.

If I go to 48 will my payment be cheaper?

@andremike said:
    36 months, not sure 12k or 15k. What are the residuals. For base, for awd base and tech package.

If I go to 48 will my payment be cheaper?

AWD Base 36/15K - 59%

AWD Tech 36/15K - 58%

Add 2% for 12K

Switching to a longer lease term doesn't necessarily guarantee lower payments. The residual for AWD Base 15k, for example drops from 59% to 49% for 48 months. So, more payments to spread out the depreciation, but a higher depreciation number to begin with.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thanks,
    Can you run down the details of acuras promotion? As asked in my original post.

Trying to see if I can lease a base for 36mo 12k for about $400.00 month with nothing down..
    Is that miney factor for somoene withteir super tier credit? 3.76% seems high

The money factors quoted are all for tier 1 credit. It's possible Acura doesn't see a need to provide a super low money factor on the MDX if they think it's selling well enough without it.

The national promotion probably factors in a reduction in the selling price from MSRP, but I don't know what that would be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

If I did the math right... I was able to confirm that amount. Its based on a sale price of msrp.which no one should pay

If I bought the car at 40500 12k 36 just paying 600 for aquisition fee the best payment I couldget is $510 per month.. at 3.7%
    What about leasing through a third party? CanI get betterrates?

@andremike said:
    What about leasing through a third party? CanI get betterrates?

Third party leases are always a bit of a gamble. Rates could be better or worse, as could residuals. I don't have any of those numbers, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• vinvazvinvaz Member Posts: 11
    Considering a 36 mo 12k mile lease on a base plus tech AWD.

What numbers am I looking at in Chicago area? Will consider putting a couple grand down.
    What MF and residual am I looking at? The dealer I went to quoted 550+. What should I negotiate to?

@vinvaz said:
    Considering a 36 mo 12k mile lease on a base plus tech AWD.

What numbers am I looking at in Chicago area? Will consider putting a couple grand down.
    What MF and residual am I looking at? The dealer I went to quoted 550+. What should I negotiate to?

.00157 MF and 60% residual.

Your best bet for comparable pricing is to look back through this discussion and see what others are paying. Adjust for the higher taxes in Illinois, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• vinvazvinvaz Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2014

Sure - Thanks! I will be talking with the sales person tomorrow. I will have these on the back of my mind just as reference

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Your best bet for comparable pricing is to look back through this discussion and see what others are paying. Adjust for the higher taxes in Illinois, though.

• jbc_1200jbc_1200 Member Posts: 6

Residual for Base AWD MDX?

Sorry -- with 12,000 miles?

@jbc_1200 said:
    Residual for Base AWD MDX? With 12,000 miles

You didn't specify the lease term, so I will assume 36 months.

61%, with a MF of .00157

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Got what I thought was a pretty good price on 36 mo. lease for AWD Base MDX at $42500 and then I get told there's a $600 acquisition fee - where's that come from? Should I have accounted for that in the price or my mistake for not calculating that into what I thought my lease payment would be?

@jbc_1200 said:
    Got what I thought was a pretty good price on 36 mo. lease for AWD Base MDX at $42500 and then I get told there's a $600 acquisition fee - where's that come from? Should I have accounted for that in the price or my mistake for not calculating that into what I thought my lease payment would be?

The acquisition fee is pretty standard from every manufacturer for a lease. It can be paid up front or rolled into the net cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mdwmdmdwmd Member Posts: 8

Hi, looking to lease a 2014 MDX (either Tech or Advance/Entertainment) for 36 mos/15K miles. Could you please let me know the current residual for both models/MF. ZIP is 02445 if that has any impact. Thank you.

@mdwmd said:
    Hi, looking to lease a 2014 MDX (either Tech or Advance/Entertainment) for 36 mos/15K miles. Could you please let me know the current residual for both models/MF. ZIP is 02445 if that has any impact. Thank you.

Check back with us in a few days .. we're waiting for the May numbers to be available to us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.