Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Boxster Lease Questions

123457»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@gkm987 said:

Could you quote the most recent numbers you have? Thanks!

The latest numbers we have, were supposed to be good until the end of the 1st Quarter. Assuming that is still the case, here they are:

.00020 MF for all leases.

Boxster S: Residuals are 58%, 43%, 36% for 36, 48 and 60 months, respectively.

Cayman S: Residuals are the same as above..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cwoloszynskicwoloszynski Member Posts: 1

Do you have the residuals for a 2014 Boxster for 24, 30, 36, and 48 months?

edited April 2014

@cwoloszynski said:
    Do you have the residuals for a 2014 Boxster for 24, 30, 36, and 48 months?

15K/yr: 24mo/68%, 36mo/57%, 48mo/44%. I don't have 30 month numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Also.. just found out about a special program for short term leases on the 2014 Boxster. A special money factor of .00177 for terms up to 30 months..

Still don't have that 30 month residual, though.. :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• slave2milesslave2miles Member Posts: 6

30 month residual is 66 on a PDK @ 5k/year. Does anyone know the MRM for a 2014 Boxster S both manual and PDK?

@slave2miles said:
    30 month residual is 66 on a PDK @ 5k/year. Does anyone know the MRM for a 2014 Boxster S both manual and PDK?

$75,700 for manual, $78,900 for PDK.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• z4maudiomanz4maudioman Member Posts: 130

Hello,

Can you please provide me with the July lease residuals and money factors for the following?

2014 Boxster Base (Manual Transmission):
    24 months/10K miles
    36 months/10K miles

2014 Boxster S (Manual Transmission):
    24 months/10K miles
    36 months/10K miles

Also, if you could please provide rates for 2015 models, that would be wonderful. Are there any incentives/discounts on the cars that you are aware of? Thank you in advance for your help!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

@z4maudioman said:
    Hello,

Can you please provide me with the July lease residuals and money factors for the following?

2014 Boxster Base (Manual Transmission):
    24 months/10K miles
    36 months/10K miles

2014 Boxster S (Manual Transmission):
    24 months/10K miles
    36 months/10K miles

Also, if you could please provide rates for 2015 models, that would be wonderful. Are there any incentives/discounts on the cars that you are aware of? Thank you in advance for your help!

Still no numbers from Porsche for this quarter, though I suspect the MF will be .00200 - it's been that way for the past 6 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ckhelickheli Member Posts: 6
    Can you share the latest Residue and MF for 2014 Boxster S PDK for 27 and 29 months, 5k miles per year? Thanks
    ckheli said:

Can you share the latest Residue and MF for 2014 Boxster S PDK for 27 and 29 months, 5k miles per year? Thanks

.00055 MF.

27mo/5K miles per year - 71%

No 29 month numbers that I see

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

71% residual for 2014?

ckheli said:

71% residual for 2014?

Yep

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

ckheli said:

There probably is a 29 month plan, as that's the longest term you can have, and still get the lower money factor. The residual is likely to be 1%-2% lower than the 27 month term, but not positive on that number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

These are the numbers I got from 2 local dealers in SF Bay Area.

24mth 68%/27 mth 66%/ 29 mth 65% for a S PDK 5k/yr

MF 0.00055

They can't offer me the 71% for 27 mth. Can dealers alter residue?

ckheli said:

These are the numbers I got from 2 local dealers in SF Bay Area.

24mth 68%/27 mth 66%/ 29 mth 65% for a S PDK 5k/yr

MF 0.00055

They can't offer me the 71% for 27 mth. Can dealers alter residue?

Might have quoted the Boxster residuals above, rather then the Boxster S residuals.. Your dealer quotes look correct for 24 and 27 months (and likely, 29 months, but we don't have that info).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ryansiebeckerryansiebecker Member Posts: 42
    Does anyone have the residual and MF for a base boxster PDK? I was thinking 10K 24/30/36mos.

Does anyone have the residual and MF for a base boxster PDK? I was thinking 10K 24/30/36mos.

No Porsche numbers this quarter, though I'll guess the MF is around .00200.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• armani335iarmani335i Member Posts: 19
    I recently got a one time quote of 0.00153 with 63% residual on a 36 month 10k/year on the base 15 Boxster. Better than the usual 0.00200 base MF from PFS, but not nearly as good as the 0.00055 that was offered several months ago. Not sure if the above MF was the lowest because I didn't really negotiate back and forth.

Dipping my feet in the market again, so any inputs are appreciated.

I recently got a one time quote of 0.00153 with 63% residual on a 36 month 10k/year on the base 15 Boxster. Better than the usual 0.00200 base MF from PFS, but not nearly as good as the 0.00055 that was offered several months ago. Not sure if the above MF was the lowest because I didn't really negotiate back and forth.

Dipping my feet in the market again, so any inputs are appreciated.

We don't have any Porsche numbers this quarter .. I suspect anything under the standard MF will be pretty good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• 2000se2000se Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    @armani335i

Your MF seems ok I guess (From the BMW world I think it is a little high, BWM I think is a little lower)...
    I was quoted on 3/12/15
    MF of .0017 which is close to 4% interest rate..that sucks :((
    Res. of 67% this isn't too bad though
    Mileage of 10k/yr
    Term of 30 months
    MSRP of 62,940
    Neg. Selling Price of 58,500
    Cash Down ~$3700 = Included a bunch of fees so cap cost reduction was only around $2200
    Payment around $660..seems ok I guess..

What does everyone think??
    I think I'm still getting took on the MF and maybe a little on Neg selling price...Thoughts?

anyone?
    2000se said:

@armani335i

Your MF seems ok I guess (From the BMW world I think it is a little high, BWM I think is a little lower)...
    I was quoted on 3/12/15
    MF of .0017 which is close to 4% interest rate..that sucks :((
    Res. of 67% this isn't too bad though
    Mileage of 10k/yr
    Term of 30 months
    MSRP of 62,940
    Neg. Selling Price of 58,500
    Cash Down ~$3700 = Included a bunch of fees so cap cost reduction was only around $2200
    Payment around $660..seems ok I guess..

What does everyone think??
    I think I'm still getting took on the MF and maybe a little on Neg selling price...Thoughts?

Since we don't have any Porsche numbers to compare against, it's hard to say.

The base MF for Porsche has been around .00200 for some time, so if you're getting .00170, count your lucky stars.

Seems like a decent deal, but I've never priced Porsches.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Could you post the numbers you get for April when they are available please? Thank you a lot!
  • armani335iarmani335i Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Special MF for 30 month lease on PDK is at .00153. 67% is correct for 30 months, which is the sweet spot. You can get at least another 500 off on the selling price.

Special MF for 30 month lease on PDK is at .00153. 67% is correct for 30 months, which is the sweet spot. You can get at least another 500 off on the selling price.

Thanks for the update!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ksvksv Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone help me estimate what kind of lease payment i can expect on a heavily optioned base boxster with pdk, nav, PASM, PSE, 18 way seats, full leather, some otherstuff that bring the MSRP to 80k?
    ksv said:

Can anyone help me estimate what kind of lease payment i can expect on a heavily optioned base boxster with pdk, nav, PASM, PSE, 18 way seats, full leather, some otherstuff that bring the MSRP to 80k?

Sorry, but we haven't had any Porsche lease numbers for quite awhile..

If it were me, I'd go for less options and get a Boxster S..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Maybe your right, i'm also considering a Boxster S optioned to MSRP 84,895. What were the latest numbers for both @ 10K miles a year? The numbers couldn't have changed the much between now and then right?
    ksv said:

Maybe your right, i'm also considering a Boxster S optioned to MSRP 84,895. What were the latest numbers for both @ 10K miles a year? The numbers couldn't have changed the much between now and then right?

The last Porsche numbers we had are from December.. .so, yeah.. not likely to be relevant.

Are there any options that you can do without? ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I don't know, i worry about leaving out one of the options i wanted then regretting it a month into ownership. I love the way the car looks with the 20" black rims and tinted tail lights so not ready to give those up, what do you think i won't miss?
    here is my options list:

Guards Red
    Roadster Top in Black

Full Leather Interior in Black $2,520

Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System $3,990

Premium Package Plus (Sport Seats, 14-way) $2,950
    ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera $1,515
    Power Folding Side Mirrors $320
    Tinted Taillights Exclusive $575
    Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK): $3,200
    20" Carrera S Wheels $1,560
    Wheels Painted in Black Satin $990
    Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package $2,320

• obi1andkobe2obi1andkobe2 Member Posts: 50
    How can we protect ourselves from being taken at the dealership without the MF and residual. Is there another resource I can use? Currently looking at a Boxster but I do not want to be taken for a fool lol.

How can we protect ourselves from being taken at the dealership without the MF and residual. Is there another resource I can use? Currently looking at a Boxster but I do not want to be taken for a fool lol.

None that I'm aware of ... we haven't seen Porsche numbers in almost a year. However, the base MF has been .00200, so anything above that is probably marked up.

Residual is set by the bank and cannot be altered by the dealer, so no worries there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ussiniussini Member Posts: 17
    Do you have the figures for the current 2016 PFS lease for Porsche Boxster - which is 10K/yr @ 36 months?
    - Is RV different for base vs S?
    - IS RV different for manual vs PDK?

From reading previous posts, can I assume MF is .0020?

Thx for your input. Marc
    ussini said:

Do you have the figures for the current 2016 PFS lease for Porsche Boxster - which is 10K/yr @ 36 months?

From reading previous posts, can I assume MF is .0020?

Thx for your input. Marc

We haven't seen Porsche numbers in over a year. However, the base MF has been .00200 for a while before that, but no guarantees that it's true now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• MZA212MZA212 Member Posts: 355
    Hello,
    Im in the market for a lease on a new porsche boxter (base and S) can you please provide numbers for 36 month 10k and 12k miles? Also, dealer has an option of leasing there demo models which are non titled vehicles used for demo or managers. Are the numbers different for those ?like residuals and stuff ?
    Thanks
    mzia said:

Hello,
    Im in the market for a lease on a new porsche boxter (base and S) can you please provide numbers for 36 month 10k and 12k miles? Also, dealer has an option of leasing there demo models which are non titled vehicles used for demo or managers. Are the numbers different for those ?like residuals and stuff ?
    Thanks

We haven't seen any numbers for Porsche in over a year, sorry.

For other brands, untitled demo vehicles qualify for new car lease terms; I suspect it would be the same with Porsche. Simply adjust the selling price and residual for the miles already on the car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the response. Sorry if it sounds dumb, but how can i adjust the residual for miles ?
    For example the car they showed me has 7200 miles.
    Thanks
    mzia said:

Thanks for the response. Sorry if it sounds dumb, but how can i adjust the residual for miles ?
    For example the car they showed me has 7200 miles.
    Thanks

No such thing as a dumb question.

In general, demo miles affect the residual using a fixed per mile deduction ... somewhere between .15 to .25 per mile.

So, for 7200 miles, the residual would be reduced somewhere between $1080 and $1800.

But, you would want a corresponding, if not larger, discount in the selling price to compensate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you very much for the response. I appreciate it.
    I have a new 718 Boxster ordered to arrive next couple weeks & I will lease.

I want to try to make sure the dealer doesn't try to add a surprise "addl charge" to the lease by decreasing RV or changing money factor, etc for the standard PFS lease - as I have seen some dealers do.

Do you have the figures for the current 2017 PFS lease for Porsche 718 Boxster - which is I believe 10K/yr @ 36 months?

Can I assume MF is .0020?

Many Thx, Marc

PS I see the recent responses have been: "We haven't seen any numbers for Porsche in over a year, sorry."
    If that is the case, do know where one can go to get the lease figures?
    ussini said:

I have a new 718 Boxster ordered to arrive next couple weeks & I will lease.

I want to try to make sure the dealer doesn't try to add a surprise "addl charge" to the lease by decreasing RV or changing money factor, etc for the standard PFS lease - as I have seen some dealers do.

Do you have the figures for the current 2017 PFS lease for Porsche 718 Boxster - which is I believe 10K/yr @ 36 months?

Can I assume MF is .0020?

Many Thx, Marc

PS I see the recent responses have been: "We haven't seen any numbers for Porsche in over a year, sorry."
    If that is the case, do know where one can go to get the lease figures?

That is the case. We don't have the numbers.

Dealers can't alter the bank's residuals, so you have no worries there.

They can markup the money factor for extra profit. Since we haven't seen the numbers in quite awhile, we would just be guessing at the standard MF. Okay, I'll guess that it's still in the .0020-.0022 range.

If it was me, I would have asked for their money factor before ordering the car. Not sure what sort of leverage you will have now. It's not like you can take your ordered car to a different dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you for response.