Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!

Comments

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,223

Villain - he could and probably did interfere with legitimate communication. He's not a law enforcer. If he has a lien put on his assets to collect that fine, it wouldn't be a shame. And of course, Florida.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,749

Not a hero or a villain, just a criminal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Given that so many Americans, being polled, found cell phone users among the most annoying drivers, I was wondering if he gets any sympathy. These cell phone blockers have a very short range BTW--I doubt they could interfere with very much.

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165

What I find funny is these new state and local laws that outlaw hand held cell phones, but allow built in hands free. Like that really cuts down on the distraction from driving. Can you say, "Ka-Ching, it's revenue time"! Give the citizens some more worthless feel good legislation while using the result to line state coffers.

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,223

I think the activity of looking at the device and holding it with a hand that could be on the wheel is a big impetus behind banning handhelds - and one that I can support. I suspect the smoker or eater or kid minder is no less distracted than someone using bluetooth.

I don't know how much the coffers are being lined either - I'd like to see independent evidence (not amazing stories from the LEO community) of fines collected. People in my area still hold the phones and yap without fear, which tells me enforcement is weak. Coffers are lined from enforcement of arbitrary speed laws. If they need money, they need to go after the non-signalers too.