Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus GS Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343

Thanks for reporting in! How do you like it?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jccai1jccai1 Member Posts: 113

I like it so far! It's not as sporty as the A6, but it's quiet, comfortable, roomy and steers/handles reasonably well (non-F-Sport). It can hustle, too, when I put my foot down. The interior is luxurious and the standard stereo sounds very good. The exterior styling is more generic than I would have liked, but I'm warming up to it. The F-Sport version looks significantly better.

A few things I don't like about it:
    1. The throttle has an annoying lag, even in Sport mode. Feels like 1" of dead travel in the pedal.
    2. Despite the large and bright screen, the nav and radio interface and control through the "mouse" is a horrible design and very difficult to use when driving.
    3. No sunglasses holder!
    4. The turn-signal stalk with the three-flash feature requires too much thought to use.
    5. This may just be my perception, but the doors don't close with the same kind of solid feel as my old IS.

I'll report back in a few months.

• Options
    klee3klee3 Member Posts: 57

Jccai1, that was a great price that you got. The best deal I got was $2500 off msrp. Can you share the information (dealership, sales...etc) on when (end of the month) where you purchased the GS? Thanks in advance.

• Options
    jccai1jccai1 Member Posts: 113

klee3: I got that low price because I bought one of the left-over 2013 cars on the dealer lot in February of 2014. So technically I was buying a car that was already one year old, though it had no miles on it. I honestly don't know how much discount you can expect on the 2014 model. If you still would like more details about the dealership, sales person, etc., please email me.