Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• gdautigdauti Member Posts: 39

@morghead12 said:
    Anyone get a Maxima SV Sport in the month of May? Curious to see how the deals are.

I'm in NJ, and I actually got quoted yesterday for a 2014 Nissan Maxima SV w/Sport and Tech (MSRP $38,450). Without going through the numbers (Cap Cost, Resduals etc), they quoted me a SIGN AND DRIVE at $439 per month. The terms were 36mo/15K miles per. Keep in mind that I currently have 7 payments at $455 per left on my G37 coupe, so the remaining total of $3,185 would be rolledd in. If I didn't have payments to roll in, I would've been in the $350 range for a SIGN AND DRIVE.

• elitox87elitox87 Member Posts: 24

is it safe to assume .00003/ 55% for 12k/36? on 3.5SV ?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186

@elitox87 said:
    is it safe to assume .00003/ 55% for 12k/36? on 3.5SV ?

Yes.. for SV Base or Sport.. subtract 1% for SV Premium

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• elitox87elitox87 Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2014

@kyfdx thanks.

• olliesam3olliesam3 Member Posts: 46

Out of curiousity, how do you guys they all these numbers? Do you get them direct from the manufacturers? Basically, I am trying to think of how I am supposed to tell these dealers that they are wrong when they quote me a lower residual or higher money factor.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056

@olliesam3 said:
    Out of curiousity, how do you guys they all these numbers? Do you get them direct from the

manufacturers? Basically, I am trying to think of how I am supposed to tell these dealers that they are wrong when they quote me a lower residual or higher money factor.

Can't comment on sources or methods.

Residual values are established by the finance company and cannot be changed by the dealer. However, dealers are free to use other sources of financing and those companies may have different residuals and MFs - however, we don't have access to that information and won't be able to confirm any information.

Base money factors are often marked up by the dealer for extra profit. If they refuse to negotiate, find another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Alright guys, signed the following Lease deal over the weekend in NJ. 2014 Nissan Maxima, SV, Sport and Tech. MSRP was $38,925. Sale Price/Cap Cost was $31,900, the term was 39 mo./15k miles per. Residual Value is $20,630.25, MF: .00003. I rolled in all the upfront fees, and my monthly payment came out to $339 per month, with First month + DMV due at signing. How do you think I did?

Geez... Maximas are cheap to lease... Nice job!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    Geez... Maximas are cheap to lease... Nice job!

Yea bro, you really can't beat the Maxima Lease or Purchase for that matter. A lot of bang for the buck. I almost financed it for 0% at 60 months, but decided that leasing was the way to go, as the Money Factor was practically zero and the buy out after 39 months is $20.6K.

Don't blow a cheap lease by buying the car at lease end... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• alex_msu1alex_msu1 Member Posts: 81

What are the current rates and incentives for a 24mo/12k for 3.5 S model? I see $3000 retail cash and $1975 lease cash. Can the both be combined? Thanks

@alex_msu1 said:
    What are the current rates and incentives for a 24mo/12k for 3.5 S model? I see $3000 retail cash and $1975 lease cash. Can the both be combined? Thanks

58% and .00197. You are better off with a 36 month term - only a 1% drop in residual but MF is a low, low .00009.

Retail and lease cash cannot be combined - one is for purchase, the other for leases.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• naimy1992naimy1992 Member Posts: 35

Hello, what is the residual and money factor for a 2014 maxima sv premium package with nav for 39months 12k per year! also is there any incentives available for this car such as lease cash?

@naimy1992 said:
    Hello, what is the residual and money factor for a 2014 maxima sv premium package with nav for 39months 12k per year! also is there any incentives available for this car such as lease cash?

54% and .00003. no lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mook12mook12 Member Posts: 61
    Question for kyfdx. I leased a 11 maxima sv fully equipped now my buyout is 20500 and my monthly payment was 327 per month leasing. Why not buy it now it's seems cheaper then going to a dealership asking for same car and paying 24000 to 25000 for it. Just curious please let me know your thoughts. Thanks by the way the guy who leased a sv for 250 a month sounds ridiculous but if it's true kudos to him

If you want to keep the car, and the residual is less than the retail value, then there is no reason not to..

But, $20K is $400/mo. for 5 years...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• munch21128munch21128 Member Posts: 2

Hi all,

I looked at all MF and RV requests and can't find my exact situation. I live in MD and it looks like MF is 0.00003 right now for Maxima SV. I am looking at getting one fully-loaded (MSRP around 40,000). I love the sport wheels and would be interested in getting MF and RV for SV with sport, premium, and tech pkgs.

Don't know if all three can be combined but I have seen the premium with tech listed and they have the sport wheels showing on the pics but not within the options.

Anyway what would be the MF(0.00003?) and RV for 36mo/10k and 39mo/10k. If 10k mile/yr isn't an option what would it be for 12k.

Thanks a mil. BTW it seems sick the deals they have on the SV right now.

@munch21128 said:
    Hi all,

I looked at all MF and RV requests and can't find my exact situation. I live in MD and it looks like MF is 0.00003 right now for Maxima SV. I am looking at getting one fully-loaded (MSRP around 40,000). I love the sport wheels and would be interested in getting MF and RV for SV with sport, premium, and tech pkgs.

Don't know if all three can be combined but I have seen the premium with tech listed and they have the sport wheels showing on the pics but not within the options.

Anyway what would be the MF(0.00003?) and RV for 36mo/10k and 39mo/10k. If 10k mile/yr isn't an option what would it be for 12k.

Thanks a mil. BTW it seems sick the deals they have on the SV right now.

.00003 MF and 55% residual for 39mo, 10K/yr for Sport. Subtract 1% for Premium.

I think Sport and Premium are trim lines, while Tech is a package. Tech package does not appear to have any effect on the lease numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx the retail is slightly more than residual however I have been looking at the infiniti g37 which have been relatively cheaper to lease then the maxima so I'm going to turn it in. Thanks for your help
  • janesays19janesays19 Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2014

Can you comment on this deal, please?

2014 Maxima 3.5 SV with sport package and tech package

39 Months/12,000 miles per year

MSRP -- 38,435.00

Sale Price -- 34,010

Money Factor -- .00003

Residual -- 54%

Monthly payment -- $320

Cash out of pocket -- $320 (first month's payment)

Thoughts?

Did you get it? Looks like a great deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• janesays19janesays19 Member Posts: 14

Was waiting for your feedback, but now I'll pull the trigger. Thanks!

• dhd60dhd60 Member Posts: 6
    Please help,,,i was offered 2014 maxima sv premium with navigatiom,spoiler,re tint windows and pinstripes ,,,for 359,00 tax included for 39 months 12,000 miles per year with 500 down total,,,i am trading in a maxima 2011 sport. After 36 months with only 23,ooo miles on it,,,they will include my last 3 payments on that car and put me in the 2014,,please let me know if this is a real good deal,,,thanks in advance
    Both cars above are leases,,not trading in but turning in car early
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

So are they eating your payments from a "pull ahead program" or are they just rolling your last 3 payments into a 39 month lease? Your car has low miles. I'd see if you have some equity in it. Have the Nissan dealer appraise it or a CARMAX appraise it so you can determine its value. If it is worth more than the current buyout, then trade it in. Then negotiate a deal on the 2014. Make sure you find out the sticker price, selling price, money factor, & residual value of the 2014 before you pull the trigger.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Took my car to car max,,they said 18000,,the buy out is 20,800 so that didnt work,,,i do not know if my last 3 payments are being eaten or rolled in and i also dont know final prices after alot of rebates and incentives,,i also dont know what money factors and residuals even mean!! Im buying what i hope is a great deal and payment,,your the pro !!! Thats why im asking you,,if you have the amount down and monthly payment why does anything else matter ? I dont want to buy it now or after,,,thanks again in advance ,,i just dont know all this info,,

@dhd60 said:
    Took my car to car max,,they said 18000,,the buy out is 20,800 so that didnt work,,,i do not know if my last 3 payments are being eaten or rolled in and i also dont know final prices after alot of rebates and incentives,,i also dont know what money factors and residuals even mean!! Im buying what i hope is a great deal and payment,,your the pro !!! Thats why im asking you,,if you have the amount down and monthly payment why does anything else matter ? I dont want to buy it now or after,,,thanks again in advance ,,i just dont know all this info,,

There is a lot we don't know here ... which makes it tough to evaluate your deal.

First, you want to negotiate the best price possible for the new car, and ensure that the dealer isn't marking up the money factor on you. Base MF is .00003 and the 39/12 residual is 53%.

Second, your current car has a specific value to the dealer .. it has nothing to do with remaining payments. If the value is $18,000 and the buy out is $20,800, then there is $2800 that needs to be accounted for. Most likely, it is being added into the sales price of the new car.

On the surface, $359/mo for a car that stickers in the mid-30's seems like a good deal, but without knowing everything, we can't tell you if it's possible to get a better deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pb23pb23 Member Posts: 2

hey guys,

Im currently in the process of trading in my 2012 Acura TSX base for a Maxima S with limited edition package. The dealer payoff for my car is around 21,600 and the kbb value is around 19,500-20,000. The best offer I got was for the dealer to pay off my lease and take the car in as trade in and they can put me in the Maxima S with ltd ed pkg with no money down only my first payment due at signing for $325/mo. and $325 due at signing(my first month). All inception fees etc. rolled in the monthly payment. Do you guys think this is a fair deal or should I try getting an SV for the same payment, even though I think its a fair deal considering I want to get out of my lease early.

Thanks!

I would always ask for more.. ;-)

But, considering the negative equity in your TSX, that looks like a solid deal, assuming a 36 or 39 month lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pb23pb23 Member Posts: 2

yeah this is for a 39 month lease

For all the people that are interested in leasing a nissan maxima,,and dont have a clue about money factors,residuals,dealer price,selling price ,incentives and all other discounts and just want to know what a good lease price might be,,,then this is my deal,!!# going to lease my car tonight,i am turning in my nissan mazima sport 2011 3 months early,so i guess thats being included into the deal,,3 payments at 349 including tax,,,my new deal is maxima sv with premium package and tech package,39 months. 1000 miles per month,,they are adding a spoiler to car and tinting the car,,also this car has the lighting package that has led lights under the doors,at night when you open your doors the car and under the doors light up,its beautiful,,,anyway,deal is 500 out of pocket and 356 per month tax incuded,,sv premium also has double moonroof,,,nice car,,hope this helps somebody,,

For that price you can lease a infiniti X 50 I have a 11 maxima turning it next month for a infiniti but I've leased maxima s for awhile so I need a change lol

• corythegr8corythegr8 Member Posts: 1

I'm in south florida and looking to lease 2014 maxima sv with tech package, 15k. I have previously leased 2 Altimas, both from nissanfinance, have 6 mo left at $325 on my Altima SL (had 8 mo previous payments rolled in cuz went over on miles).

Should I wait to lease until the new model comes out, which would then theoretically give me a higher residual, or take advantage of the dealership wanting to rid itself of the 14 models? I am just now learning about money factors and residuals (I've just been winging it the past 2 times and getting reasonably fine offers).

I also offered $350 a month, nothing more, nothing down except 1st month and the tag transfer fee, but so far I am in game of chicken with previous dealer (they call me twice a week, minimum). Is this a reasonable price to expect, and, should I be aiming for an even lower price? Oh I should have top tier credit. Thank you to anyone who helps me in advance.

@corythegr8 said:
    I'm in south florida and looking to lease 2014 maxima sv with tech package, 15k. I have previously leased 2 Altimas, both from nissanfinance, have 6 mo left at $325 on my Altima SL (had 8 mo previous payments rolled in cuz went over on miles).

Should I wait to lease until the new model comes out, which would then theoretically give me a higher residual, or take advantage of the dealership wanting to rid itself of the 14 models? I am just now learning about money factors and residuals (I've just been winging it the past 2 times and getting reasonably fine offers).

I also offered $350 a month, nothing more, nothing down except 1st month and the tag transfer fee, but so far I am in game of chicken with previous dealer (they call me twice a week, minimum). Is this a reasonable price to expect, and, should I be aiming for an even lower price? Oh I should have top tier credit. Thank you to anyone who helps me in advance.

Rather than shopping a payment, negotiate the best selling price you can on the Maxima. That, more than anything, will help keep your payment low.

Next, head over to "Real World Trade in Values" and find out how much your Altima is worth in trade.

Then come on back here and we'll help model a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rmm342rmm342 Member Posts: 3

Hello all - interesting deals. Could you explain how to evaluate a lease deal? I have always bought, not leased. It looks like RV of say 57% means you lose 43% in 39 months. That's not good!

So essentially you are only paying for the 43% loss in your lease figures?

What's better these days from a financial perspective - lease vs. buy? And what is a money factor?

I know everyone wants a new shiny car every few years, but it appears that it's just not financially smart.

So how would the leasing numbers look for a 2014 maxima sv almost fully loaded msrp of $39,590? And, how does that compare to a negotiated deal to buy, where you can take advantage of higher incentives/rebates and a recent quote to purchase brought the car price from the $39,590 to $30,900. I'm not sure what the price would be to lease (if it's different or not).

Sorry I'm a newbie to leasing, help me understand. Thanks.

@rmm342 said:
    Hello all - interesting deals. Could you explain how to evaluate a lease deal? I have always bought, not leased. It looks like RV of say 57% means you lose 43% in 39 months. That's not good!

So essentially you are only paying for the 43% loss in your lease figures?

Correct - with a lease you are only paying for what you use.

What's better these days from a financial perspective - lease vs. buy?

Depends on how long you keep your car. Some people are more comfortable driving a new car that is under warranty.

And what is a money factor?

Similar to the interest rate ... the "rent charge"

I know everyone wants a new shiny car every few years, but it appears that it's just not financially smart.

So how would the leasing numbers look for a 2014 maxima sv almost fully loaded msrp of $39,590? And, how does that compare to a negotiated deal to buy, where you can take advantage of higher incentives/rebates and a recent quote to purchase brought the car price from the $39,590 to $30,900. I'm not sure what the price would be to lease (if it's different or not).

You should negotiate your best sale price if you are leasing or buying. Most manufacturers offer incentives for both buying or leasing.

Sorry I'm a newbie to leasing, help me understand. Thanks.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rmm342rmm342 Member Posts: 3

Michaell - thanks for the quick reply. So the price is different if it's a lease vs. purchase? That's wild stuff. What is an example for my home state of Rhode Island, given an msrp of $39,590? Or, do you need to know the Lease Purchase Price? Any way to estimate it based on today's incentives? I know the buy price is $30,900. Many thanks!

@rmm342 said:
    Michaell - thanks for the quick reply. So the price is different if it's a lease vs. purchase? That's wild stuff. What is an example for my home state of Rhode Island, given an msrp of $39,590? Or, do you need to know the Lease Purchase Price? Any way to estimate it based on today's incentives? I know the buy price is $30,900. Many thanks!

The negotiated price should be pretty close - the only difference would be incentive amounts that are different.

There are a couple of different prices --- first is the negotiated selling price, and the second is the 'net cap cost', which is the selling price plus any fees or taxes that you want to roll into the lease. That second number is what I would need in order to model a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• zrxmikezrxmike Member Posts: 6

Hi, could you please quote the current MF and residual for a Max SL with premium and tech packages. 36 months, 12 K per year. This is for FLorida

@zrxmike said:
    Hi, could you please quote the current MF and residual for a Max SL with premium and tech packages. 36 months, 12 K per year. This is for FLorida

I only show numbers for the "S" and "SV" model in the Maxima

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zrxmikezrxmike Member Posts: 6

sorry, of course I meant the SV.

@zrxmike said:
    Hi, could you please quote the current MF and residual for a Max SV with premium and tech packages. 36 months, 12 K per year. This is for FLorida

.00003 MF and 53% residual. 39 month residual is 52%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• striper72striper72 Member Posts: 12

Hi, could please advise August's MF and Residual on the Maxima SV for 39/15k and 36/15k in NY. Also does Nissan have any lease incentives/cash on the Maxima this month? Thank you!

@striper72 said:
    Hi, could please advise August's MF and Residual on the Maxima SV for 39/15k and 36/15k in NY. Also does Nissan have any lease incentives/cash on the Maxima this month? Thank you!

Base, Sport or Premium?

MF is .00003 for either 36 or 39 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• striper72striper72 Member Posts: 12

The Maxima SV base model. Thank you for the quick reply.

@striper72 said:
    Hi, could please advise August's MF and Residual on the Maxima SV base for 39/15k and 36/15k in NY. Also does Nissan have any lease incentives/cash on the Maxima this month? Thank you!

36/15 - 52% RV and .00003 MF

39/15 - 51% RV and .00003 MF

No lease cash or incentives that I see - use the pricing tools at the top of the page to check Edmunds' research.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ssminssmin Member Posts: 2

Hi, could you please quote the current MF and RV for a 2014 Nissan Maxima SV, Sport package and Tech package?
    36 months, 15 K and 12K per year. This is for California.
    Thank you!

@ssmin said:
    Hi, could you please quote the current MF and RV for a 2014 Nissan Maxima SV, Sport package and Tech package?
    36 months, 15 K and 12K per year. This is for California.
    Thank you!

.00003 MF and 53% residual for 15K/yr. 54% for 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ssminssmin Member Posts: 2

Thank you kyfdx!
    Could you please also quote the current MF and RV for a 2014 Nissan Maxima SV, Sport package and Tech package? 36 months, 18K and 20K per year. This is for California. Thank you!

@ssmin said:
    Thank you kyfdx!
    Could you please also quote the current MF and RV for a 2014 Nissan Maxima SV, Sport package and Tech package? 36 months, 18K and 20K per year. This is for California. Thank you!

18K and 20K residuals are reduced from 15K/yr residuals on a per/mile basis. I'm not familiar with what the per/mile number is (likely $0.10-$0.20 per mile)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator