Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Acura MDX Lease Questions

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited July 2014 in Acura
Need help evaluating your proposed Acura MDX lease? Please gather the information below and include in your post:

1. Make, Model, Trim, Body Style (Mazda 3i Touring 4-door, Audi A4 Premium).

2. State (MF and residuals may vary by region)

3. MSRP

4. Negotiated Selling Price or Net Cap Cost

5. Lease Term and Miles per Year

6. How much money is due at signing and breakdown of same (taxes, fees, down payment, etc.)
Tagged:

Comments

• bdragon007bdragon007 Member Posts: 7

Hello, does any one know the MF for 2015 yet?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,984

@bdragon007 said:

New numbers are out today .. hopefully we'll have them soon.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thank you!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

@bdragon007 said:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@Michaell said:

Thank you Michaell, I appreciate the help, that made me feel a bit better.

It was never my intention to get the Advance Package, we came in looking for the 2015 AWD Tech pack and was quoted $626/month tax included with $2000 out of pocket. It went to $642 when we want to add the running board and then my wife start to get light headed and want the Entertainment package which came out to be $681. But of course they didn't have the color she wants, so they gave us the deal on the 2014 Advance which had the color she wants as a last ditch effort instead of let us walk out.

So in the end, it end up costing me a $120 more a month for the Advance package and the clear bra (which was on the car already), but I think it's a descend deal considering it more the $7000 increase from the Tech to Advance....

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,984

@bdragon007 said:
    So in the end, it end up costing me a $120 more a month for the Advance package and the clear bra (which was on the car already), but I think it's a descend deal considering it more the $7000 increase from the Tech to Advance....

What's that saying? Oh yeah .. "happy wife, happy life".

Take a moment and use the link in my signature block to write up a review on your new Acura.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• fredomaticofredomatico Member Posts: 2

Hi Everyone, I hope you are doing well!
    I am considering leasing a 2014 or 2015 MDX Tech FWD with the intention of negotiating the purchase after 3 years. I'm considering this based on lower monthly payments then the ability to negotiate the purchase when used. Is this a proven approach to reduce costs or a risky exercise?
    Thanks!

@fredomatico said:
    Hi Everyone, I hope you are doing well!
    I am considering leasing a 2014 or 2015 MDX Tech FWD with the intention of negotiating the purchase after 3 years. I'm considering this based on lower monthly payments then the ability to negotiate the purchase when used. Is this a proven approach to reduce costs or a risky exercise?
    Thanks!

In general, Acura Finance isn't going to negotiate the residual at the end of the lease. If your intention is to own the vehicle, leasing first will just add expenses that you wouldn't otherwise have..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fredomaticofredomatico Member Posts: 2

Thanks kyfdx. Admittedly I don't understand enough of the expense differences between leasing and financing. From what I've read on other forums, the lower monthly lease payments plus purchasing the vehicle at its residual value can be less than financing outright. The benefit may only be in being able to negotiate a lower purchase price which you know Acura won't move on. If I go over my annual millage, I have been informed by Acura, no penalty is incurred if I decide to purchase the lease. Does this sound right or am I being mislead? Thanks!

@fredomatico said:
    Thanks kyfdx. Admittedly I don't understand enough of the expense differences between leasing and financing. From what I've read on other forums, the lower monthly lease payments plus purchasing the vehicle at its residual value can be less than financing outright. The benefit may only be in being able to negotiate a lower purchase price which you know Acura won't move on. If I go over my annual millage, I have been informed by Acura, no penalty is incurred if I decide to purchase the lease. Does this sound right or am I being mislead? Thanks!

If there are large incentives to lease... or, the money factor is a lot lower than comparable financing, then leasing can be cheaper.. but, neither of those are applicable to the current MDX lease program.

But, it is true... that if you go over your miles, but exercise the purchase option, then you don't owe any over-mileage charges.. However, if you do exceed your mileage allowance, it sure limits your options at lease-end, from a financial standpoint. It's not a good plan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dinnyindinnyin Member Posts: 2

For eval:
    1. 2015 base+SH-AWD
    2. CA
    3. MSRP: $45,460
    4. Negotiated Selling Price or Net Cap Cost: don't know
    5. $550/month total, 3 years, 10k/mi/year (which is more than enough for us)
    6. $1,500 down

We wIll return (or sell if there's profit in it), not going to buy and keep at the end.

• craig1212craig1212 Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2014

Hi all, I'm in the NY/ NJ area and have been told that leasing through AFS is approx $60 more per mo on a lease than going through a local credit union. This was not the case 3 years ago with my '11 mdx. Has anyone else heard this?

deal is 2015 mdx tech pkg with running boards 7500 mile/yr. $565/ mo, 39 months
    with $770 down ( includes 1st mo & reg) .

Thanks!

@dinnyin said:
    For eval:
    1. 2015 base+SH-AWD
    2. CA
    3. MSRP: $45,460
    4. Negotiated Selling Price or Net Cap Cost: don't know
    5. $550/month total, 3 years, 10k/mi/year (which is more than enough for us)
    6. $1,500 down

We wIll return (or sell if there's profit in it), not going to buy and keep at the end.

If the $1500 covers the 1st payment, acq.fee and title/registration/doc fees, then given the MF of .00164 and 65% residual, that equates to a selling price of $2000 off MSRP ($506/mo.+tax).

If $2000 off MSRP works for you, then it's a fair deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@craig1212 said:
    Hi all, I'm in the NY/ NJ area and have been told that leasing through AFS is approx $60 more per mo on a lease than going through a local credit union. This was not the case 3 years ago with my '11 mdx. Has anyone else heard this?

deal is 2015 mdx tech pkg with running boards 7500 mile/yr. $565/ mo, 39 months
    with $770 down ( includes 1st mo & reg) .

Thanks!

What incentive does the credit union have at lease end to not screw you? At lease Acura's captive finance arm has a vested interest in keeping you as a customer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rferraro21rferraro21 Member Posts: 26

Hello, could I please have the current mf and residual for the mdx with entertainment package, 36 month 12k miles, Florida. Thank you

@rferraro21 said:
    Hello, could I please have the current mf and residual for the mdx with entertainment package, 36 month 12k miles, Florida. Thank you

2WD? .00164 MF and 62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• drvgopaldrvgopal Member Posts: 6

Hi! We are in the market for a 2014/2015 Acura MDX 4WD with Tech Package. We are located in Kentucky. We are looking to lease at 15k miles and 36 months. What is the MF and Residual for Kentucky/Ohio for this model of MDX?

@drvgopal said:
    Hi! We are in the market for a 2014/2015 Acura MDX 4WD with Tech Package. We are located in Kentucky. We are looking to lease at 15k miles and 36 months. What is the MF and Residual for Kentucky/Ohio for this model of MDX?

2014: .00103 MF and 55% residual

2015: .00164 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102

Arizona - FWD 2015 Acura MDX with Tech Package - 12,000 miles and 36 months - money factor and residual?

2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition

@40yearfan said:
    Arizona - FWD 2015 Acura MDX with Tech Package - 12,000 miles and 36 months - money factor and residual?

.00164 MF and 63% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:

Thanks. That is a great residual number.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2014

@40yearfan, Acura is known for good resale values. You've researched leasing a lot - is 63% the highest you've seen for 3 years?

Honda, Acura Earn Top Honors from Edmunds.com's 2014 Best Retained Value Awards

@stever said:
    40yearfan, Acura is known for good resale values. You've researched leasing a lot - is 63% the highest you've seen for 3 years?

By far. The closest I've gotten to that figure is 60%. I've been looking at the Buick Enclave, the Infiniti QX60, and the Acura MDX. The MDX has the best residual value, but the Infiniti and the Buick both have lower money factors. It's a real toss-up.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2014

Heh, they'll get you one way or the other. :D

• pukimon311pukimon311 Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2014

I am going to my local Acura dealer tomorrow for test drive and negotiate selling price. On the phone today, sales rep gave me MF 0.000164 and RV 64% for 2015 AWD w/ Tech Package, 36 mos/10K ,MSRP $49,735. Is the RV correct? Also, is it possible to get 10% off MSRP?

@pukimon311 said:
    I am going to my local Acura dealer tomorrow for test drive and negotiate selling price. On the phone today, sales rep gave me MF 0.000164 and RV 64% for 2015 AWD w/ Tech Package, 36 mos/10K ,MSRP $49,735. Is the RV correct? Also, is it possible to get 10% off MSRP?

Yes..those numbers are correct. 10% off MSRP on a 2015? Seems unlikely.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pukimon311pukimon311 Member Posts: 38

I appreciate it, kyfdx.

• mistertoomistertoo Member Posts: 8

I am looking to lease either a 2014 or 2015 Tech w/ AWD in NJ. What are the MF and Residuals here for 15k/year and 36 months. Thank you.

@mistertoo said:
    I am looking to lease either a 2014 or 2015 Tech w/ AWD in NJ. What are the MF and Residuals here for 15k/year and 36 months. Thank you.

2014: .00103 MF and 55% residual

2015: .00164 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mistertoomistertoo Member Posts: 8

Thank you.

• sam811sam811 Member Posts: 2

Offer received in NYC. Lease 2015 Acura MDX sh-awd 10K miles 36 months $500/mo + bank fee +first month= plates+dmv.
    Also what is Residual and Money factor?

• sam811sam811 Member Posts: 2

If I add running boards $699 retail to 36 month lease how much more should pay monthly?

@sam811 said:
    Offer received in NYC. Lease 2015 Acura MDX sh-awd 10K miles 36 months $500/mo + bank fee +first month= plates+dmv.
    Also what is Residual and Money factor?
    @sam811 said:
    If I add running boards $699 retail to 36 month lease how much more should pay monthly?

.00164 MF and 65% residual for SH-AWD Base.

It's possible that the $699 running boards can not be residualized. If that's the case, it would add around $20/mo. to the lease payment (and, I would take a big pass on that).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• craig1212craig1212 Member Posts: 20

@kyfdx said:
    What incentive does the credit union have at lease end to not screw you? At lease Acura's captive finance arm has a vested interest in keeping you as a customer.

Good point. But after reading the lease I'm satisfied that the $60/ month isn't worth it for me to stay with AFS, I ended up with 2014 AWD Tech package 39 months/ 7,500 miles/ yr plus running boards for $565/mo. (8.625% tax included).

• miamigoonermiamigooner Member Posts: 1

Offered received in Miami, FL.

Lease 2015 Acura MDX FWD with Tech Package, 36 months, $0 down, 12k miles per year : $567.00+tax

What are the Residual and Money Factor?

Thanks...

@miamigooner said:
    Offered received in Miami, FL.

Lease 2015 Acura MDX FWD with Tech Package, 36 months, $0 down, 12k miles per year : $567.00+tax

What are the Residual and Money Factor?

Thanks...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• robo77robo77 Member Posts: 6
    could i please get the mf and residual in florida for a 2015 acura mdx fwd base model no tech etc
    3 yr/36,000 mile lease
    robo77 said:

could i please get the mf and residual in florida for a 2015 acura mdx fwd base model no tech etc
    3 yr/36,000 mile lease

.00069 MF and 62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator