Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007-'12 Hyundai Veracruz Recalled for Possible Oil Leak | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2019 in Hyundai
image2007-'12 Hyundai Veracruz Recalled for Possible Oil Leak | Edmunds.com

Hyundai is recalling 61,122 2007-'12 Hyundai Veracruz SUVs because of a possible oil leak from the front cylinder valve cover.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    letsdrive1letsdrive1 Member Posts: 1

My 2007 Santa Fe leaked oil ruining the alternator and I lost all power while on a busy expressway. Santa Fe should be included in the 121 Veracruz recall.

• Options
    sasssssy35sasssssy35 Member Posts: 1
    My 2007 Hyundai Entourage should be included in this Veracruz recall. I had an head gasket oil leak which damaged my alternator also.
  • Options
    LochabLochab Member Posts: 1
    I have been having this problem and have ended up paying $2000 to get it repaired couple times. I did not receive the recall letter even though mine is a 2011 Veracruz. Any body has any suggestions for me. Thanks.
  • Options
    jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Hyundai dealership has repaired my 2011 Veracruz valve cover gasket and alternator twice at no charge. The last time about 14 months ago.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    jipster said:

Hyundai dealership has repaired my 2011 Veracruz valve cover gasket and alternator twice at no charge. The last time about 14 months ago.

Does that make you think about dumping it, before it happens again?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    kyfdx said:

jipster said:

Does that make you think about dumping it, before it happens again?
    @kyfdx Sorry, looks like I missed your tag. :'( Hyundai actually replaced the alternator for the THIRD time about a month ago. No kidding. And Hyundai covered the repair!
    I think my Hyundai dealership botched the job the second time, as it shouldn't have failed again so soon. The Veracruz has about 158,000 miles, so good of Hyundai to cover the repair...yet again. But, no, I won't be dumping the car anytime soon. Had it tuned up while waiting for the repair. Aside from the chronic problem with that valve cover gasket leaking onto the alternator, it's been a good car. Hopefully this last repair will last a bit longer. :smile:
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima