Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
edited May 2015 in Jeep
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Jeep Wrangler Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Jeep Wrangler page.

To see all forums discussions about the Jeep Wrangler, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Jeep Wrangler discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• zbosszboss Member Posts: 4
    2014 Jeep Sahara 6 Speed manual. What are the money factor and residual for 39 months and 10k.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Standard money factor and 61% residual..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited October 2013
    Money factor is a number like .0000552. What is it for 2014 Jeep wrangler for 39 months. also I been told residual is 58%
    The actual money factor number now.
    I don't have the money factor..... This model uses Chrysler's standard money factor.... That is usually pretty high...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What is money factor and residual on Jeep Wrangler Sahara. 39 months 10k miles

Why no one knows this numbers
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 39mo, 10K/yr lease
    Standard money factor and 59% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Standard Money Factor. What is the actual number? I am trying to calculate a montly lease. Money factor changes every month based on the interest rates bank charge. Every other forum you can get the number. Check Grand Cherokee. I got in 3/13 a money factor of 0.0000223 which is 0.05352 APR. But on Jeep wrangler no one can tell me what is the money factor.
    I don't know the number... In general, standard money factors tend to be around .0020 or so.... It's a non-discounted money factor, so it won't be cheap...

Sorry I can't help you more..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rwcjeeprwcjeep Member Posts: 2

I just went through Chrysler Capital on the lease of a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - the current end of the year promotion they have is:

39 month lease

Money factor of .00266 (the equivalent of 6.38% financing)

For 10,000 miles/year, the residual was 60%

For 12,000 miles/year, the residual was 59%

I was also able to receive a $1,000 Conquest Bonus Cash incentive as someone who had a lease ending from a competitive brand (non-Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Ram). This was essentially applied against the cash I would otherwise owe upfront (the first month's payment +DMV fees).

One nice thing - no acquisition fee (I've been charged $500-$600 acquisition fees before) on the lease, and no security deposit. But there is a $395 disposition fee if you elect to return the vehicle at the end of the term (which is lame, but on par with what I've seen before in other leases).

Good luck!

• kelleysuekelleysue Member Posts: 1

Hey, rwcjeep or kyfdx@Edmunds!
    I currently drive a 2008 Hummer H3. Been looking for a new ride, but as everyone knows... They don't make Hummers anymore. :-( As an alternative, I've been researching the 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4. The Jeep website has been somewhat helpful, but doesn't offer residuals or money factors. On the previous post regarding the 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, was the money factor of .00266 (the equivalent of 6.38% financing) the best rate available or the best rate available to you? That seems VERY high! Does anyone know if Chrysler Capital offers a lower money factor with a credit score of 805?
    Also, the MSRP of the 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4 for which I'm interested is $44,045. I'm willing to offer them $39,575, if I can haggle them down. Can anyone help me with best price and money factors on this vehicle? I have attached all of the info on the vehicle. Thanksimageimage

All of the Wrangler Unlimiteds use Chrysler Finance standard money factor.. I don't what that is, but it is most likely higher than .0020, so it's hefty.. The Rubicon residual is a decent 57% for 39mo, 15K/yr, but no matter how you slice it, that vehicle is going to be expensive to lease.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rwcjeeprwcjeep Member Posts: 2

I believe that the money factor offered to me was the best available from Chrysler Capital on that deal (I was told that my credit score qualified for the highest tier.) It is high, but they balance it out with an extremely high residual (I usually see 55% or so for a 36 month lease).

On pricing, I was able to get the car for 1% below invoice, but my wife's employer had "preferred partner" status with the dealer, so that was the deal they offered.

• eckerslyeckersly Member Posts: 2

kyfdx@Edmunds Can you please help me with the current Money Factor and Residual for a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition? 36 Months, 10K per year. Thanks!

@eckersly said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds Can you please help me with the current Money Factor and Residual for a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition? 36 Months, 10K per year. Thanks!

Standard money factor and 58% residual.

Not sure what the standard money factor is.. .but, it's probably high (over .0020)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

@‌kyfdx

Before you start snickering, it's not for me, I swear

I'm looking to see if you have access to the lease rates & money factors for the following:

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - 6 Speed Manual
    2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - 5 Speed Automatic

36 months with 20,000 miles per year. Or do they have a max allowance of 15K per year and you have to buy extra? My friend likes this & is trying to decide whether to lease or buy. Thank-you!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@nyccarguy said:
    @‌kyfdx

Before you start snickering, it's not for me, I swear

I'm looking to see if you have access to the lease rates & money factors for the following:

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - 6 Speed Manual
    2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - 5 Speed Automatic

36 months with 20,000 miles per year. Or do they have a max allowance of 15K per year and you have to buy extra? My friend likes this & is trying to decide whether to lease or buy. Thank-you!

Standard money factor and 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. I'm not sure if Chrysler offers a higher mileage allowance, like Ford, but if they do, the residual would be 3% less for 20K/yr. Otherwise, it's on a per-mile basis..

Given the good resale of the Wrangler, I'd think a purchase would be a better deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

@kyfdx@Edmunds‌

Thanks for the quick response. My friend is looking to lease as his business pays for his vehicles. He has so far been quoted some completely outrageously high numbers on what amounts to a 40K vehicle. I guess they sell well enough that Chrysler doesn't have to "give them away."

I agree he should try and buy given the crazy high Wrangler resale value. Or he could do what my neighbor did and take out a 10K per year lease and try to sell it for more than the residual at the end of the lease.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• davidandrewdavidandrew Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

@kyfdx@Edmunds‌

Hi Kirstie,

Can you give me the money factor and residual numbers for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara? I'm looking at a 12K miles, 36mo lease deal. A couple weeks ago he was giving me what he said was the buy rate of .00183 and a residual of 57%. I didn't pull the trigger and now he's telling me the money factor has changed, but I don't know in which direction. Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121

@davidandrew said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds‌

Hi Kirstie,

Can you give me the money factor and residual numbers for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara? I'm looking at a 12K miles, 36mo lease deal. A couple weeks ago he was giving me what he said was the buy rate of .00183 and a residual of 57%. I didn't pull the trigger and now he's telling me the money factor has changed, but I don't know in which direction. Thanks!

Residual for 36/12 is 58% this month, but the money factor is noted as "standard" and I can't find out what that is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• VAJeepBuyerVAJeepBuyer Member Posts: 14

Hi,

I am looking to lease a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Northern VA. Could you please give me MF and Res on 12k yr, 36mo lease. (I hope its not "standard" here too).
    Thank you for the help!!

edited May 2014

@vajeepbuyer said:
    Hi,

I am looking to lease a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Northern VA. Could you please give me MF and Res on 12k yr, 36mo lease. (I hope its not "standard" here too).
    Thank you for the help!!

Sadly, that's not the case. Every model of Wrangler shows as "standard" money factor. 36/12 residual is 60%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

A Bloomberg reporter would like to speak to a recent buyer of a new Chrysler (preferably Town & Country or 200), Jeep (preferably Wrangler or Cherokee) or RAM. If this is you or someone you know, and you're comfortable sharing your story for publication on a site that boasts 24 million unique monthly visitors, please send your daytime contact information to me by 10 p.m. PT tonight.

• driversedgedriversedge Member Posts: 36

Could I have the residual & money factor for a Wrangler Unlimited, 36mo/15k? Thank you

Could I have the residual & money factor for a Wrangler Unlimited, 36mo/15k? Thank you

Standard money factor and either 56% or 55% residual, depending on trim line

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• aiduaneaiduane Member Posts: 15
    Shopping for a Jeep Wrangler in NJ, need the money factor and residual for a 36 and/or 39 month 12k miles a year lease. since we are looking at both 14 and 15 models please include both and with what leasing company they are from...THANKS!
    aiduane said:

Shopping for a Jeep Wrangler in NJ, need the money factor and residual for a 36 and/or 39 month 12k miles a year lease. since we are looking at both 14 and 15 models please include both and with what leasing company they are from...THANKS!

The only numbers we have are from Chrysler Financial.

Which trim level are you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nomad317nomad317 Member Posts: 111
    Looking for residual/MF on a 36/12k (or 10k if available) on 2014 Unlimited Rubicon in Indiana. Thanks...
    nomad317 said:

Looking for residual/MF on a 36/12k (or 10k if available) on 2014 Unlimited Rubicon in Indiana. Thanks...

Standard money factor and 61% residual for 39 months, 12K/yr. Add 1% for 10K/yr.

39 months is the best term, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

nomad317 said:

Standard money factor and 61% residual for 39 months, 12K/yr. Add 1% for 10K/yr.

39 months is the best term, this month.
    Thanks for the info!!!
    FYI: Just found out the "standard" is currently is 4.04% interest. (At least on Wranglers in Indiana)
    (Whoops, typo... 4.64%)
    nomad317 said:

(Whoops, typo... 4.64%)

That sounds about right..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• spartan14spartan14 Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2014
    Hi. Can you please provide MF and RV 12k 36mo or 39mo (which ever is better) and lease incentives for a 2014 and 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited, for state of NY. Thank you in advance.
    spartan14 said:

Hi. Can you please provide MF and RV 12k 36mo or 39mo (which ever is better) and lease incentives for a 2014 and 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited, for state of NY. Thank you in advance.

Standard MF (around .00200) and no incentives for either 2014 or 2015.

2014 residual - 59% for 39/12

2015 residual - 64% for 39/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Jeep Wrangler Lease Questions forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.