Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 VW Tiguan Purchase

fritz21fritz21 Member Posts: 5
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen
Anyone know if VW will offer more incentives to purchase come Wednesday on the first of the month? Currently they have a 0% financing plan but offer $1500 bucks off if you don't use the 0%. If I'm not after the 0% should I wait till Wednesday to make a move or do it today?

I'm after a 2014 Tiguan R Line and have been quoted a price of 36,795 today.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    fritz21 said:

Anyone know if VW will offer more incentives to purchase come Wednesday on the first of the month? Currently they have a 0% financing plan but offer $1500 bucks off if you don't use the 0%. If I'm not after the 0% should I wait till Wednesday to make a move or do it today?

I'm after a 2014 Tiguan R Line and have been quoted a price of 36,795 today.

Sorry... no insight as to what might happen, next month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited September 2014
    That's always the $64,000 question. Incentive info is well guarded and the dealers don't have any more info than us consumers about what the next round of incentives will bring (or even if VW will offer any next month or next quarter).

What you have going in your favor at the moment is that it's the end of the month and end of the quarter for most dealers (and presumably for VW). So there's a lot of motivation to sell a few cars today and tomorrow to try to make quota and hit bonus numbers, etc. No idea about your local market, but VW sales haven't been too hot lately either.

So, if you do decide to pull the trigger, you can mention that you are cross-shopping another crossover (like an X3) and ask the dealer what their bottom line is.
  • Options
    hachi8hachi8 Member Posts: 1
    I take it the lease rates are out for October. I am looking for the numbers on a 2014 & 2015 Tiguan RLine & SEL. Any incentives (ex. dealer cash, USAA, etc.) Also, if anyone can advise on what they have achieved or seen on sales price. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    hachi8 said:

I take it the lease rates are out for October. I am looking for the numbers on a 2014 & 2015 Tiguan RLine & SEL. Any incentives (ex. dealer cash, USAA, etc.) Also, if anyone can advise on what they have achieved or seen on sales price. Thanks in advance.

2014 SEL 36/15 - .00011 and 52%. Subtract 1% for R-Line. $1500 lease cash.

2015 SEL 36/15 - .00002 and 54%. Subtract 1% for R-Line. $500 lease cash.

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page to help figure out a target price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    fritz21fritz21 Member Posts: 5
    We paid 36,795 plus tax and registration in MN for a 2014 R-Line. The vehicle had the hitch and adapter installed already. We did not take advantage of the 0% deal and instead took the 1500 dollar discount. This was back in September by the way. Hope that's helpful.