Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Enclave Seat belt Recall Ripoff

no1nhereno1nhere Member Posts: 2
edited December 2014 in Buick
Disappointed with Buick! Just had front seat belt recall performed on my 2011 Enclave. When I picked up the vehicle I found they had cut off the boot covering the cable and applied black heat shrink. This is now visible. The boots were not replaced. I complained to the service adviser, service manager and GM customer service. All of which said this is GM's solution and there is nothing I can do about it. How can GM get away with removing part of the vehicle and not replacing it with a similar solution? This is equivalent to finding an issue with the aluminum wheels and replacing them with old black steel wheels. Yes, I know it's just the boots, but how can this be legal? Anyone else with an Enclave even notice?

Old Boots: (Dirty from service removal, not from me :) )

New "Look":

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well, while you are hassling GM about this, I do have a temporary solution if it really bugs you to look at that rather homemade solution---do you know those seat belt pads you can buy to protect your shoulder? I mean, the inexpensive velco kind? I'm wondering if you could just buy a pair (I think they're like 8 bucks a pair), trim them down and then wrap them around that ugly shrink wrap. You could probably find some in a very close color match as well.

Looks like they cut your old boots off?
  • Options
    no1nhereno1nhere Member Posts: 2
    Yes they cut the old boots off. I will wait to see what I get out of GM.