Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Enclave Seat belt Recall Ripoff

no1nhereno1nhere Pacific NWPosts: 2
edited December 2014 in Buick
Disappointed with Buick! Just had front seat belt recall performed on my 2011 Enclave. When I picked up the vehicle I found they had cut off the boot covering the cable and applied black heat shrink. This is now visible. The boots were not replaced. I complained to the service adviser, service manager and GM customer service. All of which said this is GM's solution and there is nothing I can do about it. How can GM get away with removing part of the vehicle and not replacing it with a similar solution? This is equivalent to finding an issue with the aluminum wheels and replacing them with old black steel wheels. Yes, I know it's just the boots, but how can this be legal? Anyone else with an Enclave even notice?

Old Boots: (Dirty from service removal, not from me :) )

New "Look":

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Well, while you are hassling GM about this, I do have a temporary solution if it really bugs you to look at that rather homemade solution---do you know those seat belt pads you can buy to protect your shoulder? I mean, the inexpensive velco kind? I'm wondering if you could just buy a pair (I think they're like 8 bucks a pair), trim them down and then wrap them around that ugly shrink wrap. You could probably find some in a very close color match as well.

Looks like they cut your old boots off?
  • no1nhereno1nhere Pacific NWPosts: 2
    Yes they cut the old boots off. I will wait to see what I get out of GM.