Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Real World Miles Per Gallon on an FJ Cruiser 2014

smokingjoe787smokingjoe787 Member Posts: 3
edited May 2015 in Toyota
My last tankful yielded 19.76mpg. I drive less than 15,000 miles per year which will probably average less than 10,000 miles per year when all is said and done. I tacked on about 4500 miles driving from State of Washington to Moab Utah, then to Las Vegas and all the way back home. On the way back from Las Vegas I averaged 23 mpg driving on 70mph speed limits. From Idaho to Utah I was averaging only 18 mpg pumping Chevron Supreme into the tank but speed limits were 80 miles per hour and more often than not I was doing +85mph because sometimes I have lead dog syndrome. So I got better highway mileage keeping it below 70mph. Here at home 40% of the time I'm getting over 20mpg but always plus 19mpg making short trips to town, post office , groceries & the golf course. I'm either putting Costco regular gas or Chevron regular. I get better mileage by pumping Chevron. My 2014 is as AMAZING ride as it looks!

Comments