Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Is a lease agreement binding in Minnesota if I haven't test driven or taken delivery?

bustedcrankbustedcrank Member Posts: 1
edited May 2015 in General
Add me to the list of suckers. Got pressured into signing a lease because all of the promotions and good rates are ending today. Well, we didn't even test drive the car, haven't taken delivery, and the car is not even in the dealer's possession yet. Are we legally bound to the lease in the state of Minnesota?

Answers

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,363

Add me to the list of suckers. Got pressured into signing a lease because all of the promotions and good rates are ending today. Well, we didn't even test drive the car, haven't taken delivery, and the car is not even in the dealer's possession yet. Are we legally bound to the lease in the state of Minnesota?

If you haven't taken delivery, there may be a chance for you to "unwind" the deal. Has any money changed hands yet (deposit, lease inception costs)?

What car is it?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    At least here in Washington State until you have driven the car off the lot you can unwind the deal.

Get ready for a lot of pressure to keep the deal together.

This is EXACTLY why smart stores will do anything to "roll" the car on the spot. Buyer's Remorse, or some well meaning neighbor's advice will queer the deal moe than half the time.

Next time be prepared. You can't blame the dealer for trying to save a deal because a buyer got cold feet!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    Nope.. Until you've taken possession, no sale.

Call them up in the morning and tell them you've changed your mind.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator