Options

Lemon???

4tab4tab Member Posts: 2
edited June 2015 in Chevrolet
I bought a brand new Suburban 2 months ago. Last weekend it stalled and was towed away(mileage is only 1800 miles). Dealership said the fuel pump needs to be replaced. Now, I'm one of those people who knows nothing about cars except driving it. Most people have told me that I should demand for a refund or replacement(that's how I feel too). Some have told me that I should not worry because it's under warranty and just get it fixed. I'm worried though because it's a brand new truck and its having problems already. I've been in contact with GM coporate office and I'm just learning how difficult it is to deal with this kind of situation. AZ lemon makes it complicated too. There should be at least 4 repair attempts or 30 days at the repair shop. But again the truck is only 2 months and barely used. Should I just get it fixed and hope everything will be fine or should fight for a refund? Thank you for all your comments and suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Yes, get it fixed and don't worry about things that haven't happened yet. This same thing happened to my friend's Mercedes. This is why automakers have warranties, because a certain percentage of cars (usually much less than 5%) will develop problems during the warranty period--whether it is a Chevy Suburban, an Aston Martin or a Tesla. Some of them will break down.

A great deal depends on the quality of your dealership. A good dealer can make car ownership a breeze, even when things break down, but an unresponsive dealership can make an unfortunate situation much worse.
  • Options
    cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    edited June 2015
    Get it fixed. You're far from getting into any "lemon" law status.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,995
    Ditto... it's a part that needs replacing... That happens..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    4tab4tab Member Posts: 2
    Not the answers I was hoping for, but all of you made great points. They did fix the car and I have it with me now. My biggest worry though is that my wife will be the primary user of this truck driving with 4 little kids(ages 2 mos to 7 yrs old) this coming school year. They were with me when it stalled in the middle of the road. GM said they will still look into it.  So I guess for know I'll be using it and see how it performs. Thanks again for all your comments. 
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hang on to your receipts and it wouldn't hurt to make sure the receipt says that the 'burban stalled on the road. If the fix doesn't work, at least you'll have your ducks in a row "just in case".