Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Truck keeps stalling

redneck_fox01redneck_fox01 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2015 in Dodge
I have a 2000 dodge ram Laramie 1500 5.2, and it keeps stalling. Ive replaced my fuel pump and filter, idal air valve. And replaced my air filter box because the back wasnt staying shut. And it fixed it only for temporary. Still having the same problem. Could anyone please help

Answers

• Options
    tarzan5tarzan5 Member Posts: 3
    Ever discover the solution?
    I've got the same trouble.
  • Options
    unclehotrod13unclehotrod13 Member Posts: 3
    i found an inside fuel tank leak.. at top of lid on gas tank, when you pull it out, where fuel line meets the lid, is a plastic part, behind that is a rotted O ring.. i cut a sliver of fuel line and made an O ring.. runs good..
  • Options
    wminnigwminnig Member Posts: 3
    my father inlaw has a 88 1500 throttle body he drives it 8-10 mile when warm will stall cannot get it restated codes read 21 and 33 but not sure how to fix the code 21 will fire when cold sometimes any clues he has replaces fuel filter
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    code 21 is for an 02 sensor but that shouldn't keep the truck from starting, so I think there's more going on here. When the vehicle doesn't start--that's the time to test immediately for spark at the plugs and to test the fuel pressure. Another thing to look at would be the coolant temperature sensor, as it might be allowing the truck to run rich when warm. Lots of possibilities here---even a vacuum leak is suspect.

Here's a VIDEO on how to test an 02 sensor.